3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds LSI/ESI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intellectual, Logical, Rational, Calm, In Control, Wise, Polite, Well Mannered, Genuine and Generous.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Buddha + Stephen Hawking.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the wheel hold you ? a budda weighs a ton.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ideal Self

My Ideal Half

Last edited by Park; 12-25-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Determined, ambitious, enigmatic, powerful, immortal, vast, eternal, piercing, erudic (is that a word?)
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not that far from my "ideal" self. If I had to change something, it'd be more concerned about competition.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take who I already am and make me more outgoing, slightly less sensitive, and more emotionally stable. That never hurts.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ideal self is meaningless.

Because that which is ideal is a misty illusion that none of us can deal with. Sure, you can be a person destined to do great things, but if it isn't happening yet, then it can't be dealt with in reality.

That which is ideal cannot be transformed into something better. Only that which is already here, can be transformed into something good. You cannot start from the point of ideal and work there. You have to get down to the mutha fuckin core ROOT of the real, and then change it from there. And the ideal now vanishes because now the ideal is the real. But you still have many ways to go. As long as you focus on actuality, on what-is, not what-ought-to-be. You can only gain what-ought-to-be when your focused on what something actually is. A true hero never accepts the world at it truly is, but to deal with that- to inflict change, they have to fight real monsters, real challenges, real problems.

Don't believe in hate. Don't believe in love. Don't believe in anything, that you can't break.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Or like what Buffy told Johnathon.

"You have to stop trying to make everything better in one grand gesture all at once. Things take time, and work."

To get an idealized self, those are the only two ingredients. Patience, trust, and effort. Well, that's three - but you get the idea.

We've tried to self-esteem our kids, bootcamp them - abuse and praise them constantly, and they're still as selfish, rude and arrogant as ever. Because we tried to go from the ideal and work down, instead of work with the real (give honest compliments, and criticisms) and go up.

Instead of talking about your IDEAL self- you will get what you want much quicker if you concentrate on who you are now. Then you will truly change those qualities you do not like about yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, my "ideal self" I think would be like an ISTp combined with the things I'm already good at.

I wouldn't want to lose my intuitive-ness and ability to size up a social situation, but I'd like to add: calm and steady (no emotional highs/lows), ability to motivate myself more consistently (instead of all or nothing), and also the ability to be alone and never be lonely and super human strength as well, including landing like a cat. why not? Or maybe landing like a cat isn't type related...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I'd like to add: calm and steady (no emotional highs/lows), ability to motivate myself more consistently (instead of all or nothing), and also the ability to be alone and never be lonely and super human strength as well, including landing like a cat.
    You can reach many of your goals if you're realistic about your expectations. For example, you can learn not to get excited so easily about opportunities and to develop interests that doesn't require much interaction with other people.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.