Thread: A guy and his girl

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A guy and his girl

Please don't quote the pics and/or video!

Since it seems we're on a kind of VI spree, I shall offer my own contribution.

Her, as observed from a distance -

Animated and expressive, but not over-the-top; active and initiative-taking; focusses fairly well when talking to someone (as opposed to some types who seem distracted or distant).

Unfortunately I've never actually met her, so I can't say much more. Except that she might be a bit too intense for me to really click well with, though I'm sure we could get along reasonably well. I'm a bit afraid of her (then, again, I'm afraid of lots of people).

Him, in short -

Can be quiet, taciturn, and withdrawn, but he can also have bursts of... erm, playful physical randomness? Can be very stubborn in his decisions, and does not always judge well how he is going to affect people. He can have days of serious grumpiness, and he can be callous and inconsiderate (even according to my standards). He can be very loyal, though, and considerate (even possessive) toward those he considers "his" or his responsibility. Though I've never tried it myself, apparently he has a good listening ear for people who are having bad days.

Sometimes he puts on a grumpy face, but has a giggle underneath it all. It fools some people but not all.

Can get embarrassed easily at times, mainly when he feels he's made a social stumble.

He can have a very strong sense of rules and "that's how it is/is supposed to be".

I get along with him well enough and we have an amicable relationship, but somehow we never get really deep and there are times when I would prefer if he did things differently.

They met while working together, then he moved back to his home state. I think he said that while they got along ok, there wasn't necessarily any immediate attraction. About a year or so later they started communicating by email, and after awhile he decided to call it what it was - a relationship. After a few months of that they got engaged.

A somewhat humorous video featuring him, made by a friend.

Please don't quote the pics and/or video!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her - EIE?
    Him - LIE? ILE?

Edit: After reading the description I'd say he is probably not LIE. I would see LSI and ILE as two possibilities.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the video I think LSI>ILE.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I think I would like her. She looks open/genuine and happy (except in the one that's obviously a silly exaggerated pic). The one where she's showing off her ring made me smile back at her.

And, yeah, I don't see him as a ExTj.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy seems INTj. The girl seems to be an F, maybe ESFj, or ISFj.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy seems very much Ti/Fe. Seems Ti base.
    Beard with no mustache may be signs of LII, or maybe he's just confused about who he is.

Not sure about the girl.
    I don't get a dramatic "S/N" sort of difference between the two of them, in terms of their photos together. (You can usually tell this very easily, say, with dual couples. Generally when S or N types are "side by side", the contrast helps each become more clear... but not always)

Looking at the video again, I can see more ISTj in the guy. His comments about "rules" have that kind of Se creative sort of annoyance to them, reminds me of an ISFj I know. Sounds like someone who is hmm... concerned about something. Not sure if it is E1 vibes, or Fe dual seeking vibes, or just "playing by the rules/enforcing the rules" because of his position at the camp.
    Last edited by UDP; 12-22-2008 at 06:23 AM.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...LII is possible. Somehow I don't quite see Se as the 4th function, but it is possible.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I think I would like her. She looks open/genuine and happy (except in the one that's obviously a silly exaggerated pic). The one where she's showing off her ring made me smile back at her.
    wow. i thought the same thing.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy seems incredibly Fe valuing. Perhaps LII. Girl, I don't know, how about ESI?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    The guy seems incredibly Fe valuing. Perhaps LII. Girl, I don't know, how about ESI?
    come on VI Genius, give us a more definite maybe!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    come on VI Genius, give us a more definite maybe!
    Just praise me enough and wonders will follow.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy - LII.
    Girl - ESI or ESE.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. he reminds me of fred schneider when he sings. um, yeah, i see Ti-IJ.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm absolutely certain this guy is Ti IJ -- totally same mannerisms as my many Ti IJ friends, but I really can't tell whether he's creative Se or Ne. I'm betting on Se atm though, just from the really solid vibe I get ... and a good one, like I would get along well with him. Some of his speech patterns also remind me of an SLE.

The girl is Fe EJ for sure as well. I do think they could be duals, but something doesn't totally click for me. I think he's either LII and she EIE or he LSI and she ESE. I'm betting the latter.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-INTj and Fe-ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Beard with no mustache may be signs of LII, or maybe he's just confused about who he is.
    lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Guy seems very much Ti/Fe. Seems Ti base.

Not sure about the girl.
    I don't get a dramatic "S/N" sort of difference between the two of them, in terms of their photos together. (You can usually tell this very easily, say, with dual couples. Generally when S or N types are "side by side", the contrast helps each become more clear... but not always)

Looking at the video again, I can see more ISTj in the guy. His comments about "rules" have that kind of Se creative sort of annoyance to them, reminds me of an ISFj I know. Sounds like someone who is hmm... concerned about something. Not sure if it is E1 vibes, or Fe dual seeking vibes, or just "playing by the rules/enforcing the rules" because of his position at the camp.
    I am unsure how much of this is serious. Especially the beard part. Could you clarify what is serious and what is joking, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hmmm...LII is possible. Somehow I don't quite see Se as the 4th function, but it is possible.
    I don't really see it as a PoLR, either, though he may just be a Ti subtype.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I'm absolutely certain this guy is Ti IJ -- totally same mannerisms as my many Ti IJ friends, but I really can't tell whether he's creative Se or Ne. I'm betting on Se atm though, just from the really solid vibe I get ... and a good one, like I would get along well with him. Some of his speech patterns also remind me of an SLE.

The girl is Fe EJ for sure as well. I do think they could be duals, but something doesn't totally click for me. I think he's either LII and she EIE or he LSI and she ESE. I'm betting the latter.
    Thanks, SL, that's helpful, especially how he compares to people you know.

He does spend a lot of time around an ESTp.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything in my post was serious, save the part about the beard: it was reference to a joke on the forum that LSI's wear mustaches. So disregard the whole sentence containing the beard comment.

He does spend a lot of time around an ESTp.
    That may point even more towards LSI.
    ETA: Describe "spend a lot of time around" - willingly? Does he seek out his companionship/input/advice/friendship? Or is he by just by nature of work positions/etc? The question is why does he spend time around the SLE.

As I mentioned in my first post, I agree with SL about how there may be something off (when comparing to duals): I could see them as being of the same S/N dichotomy (LII & EIE, or LSI & ESE ((perhaps ESI)))
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    ETA: Describe "spend a lot of time around" - willingly? Does he seek out his companionship/input/advice/friendship? Or is he by just by nature of work positions/etc? The question is why does he spend time around the SLE.
    A combination of both, I think. They get along well, though the guy has multiple times expressed being "afraid' of the ESTp, as in intimidated by his presence and forcefulness. He's not likely to challenge the ESTp, even if he wasn't the superior I think.

For the record, I've brought up his type a long time ago on here, and the consensus then was also IxTj, specifically LSI.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is LSI
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius