Thread: Quadras and odd man out

Creepy-

Default Quadras and odd man out

I am curious about whether it's like this for others - whether there's a cluster of people from one or two quadras, and then a lone person from an opposite quadra. Stories?
    Last edited by female; 09-21-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    In my immediate family there are three Deltas [my mom, my brother, and me] and one Beta [my dad]. So my dad is sort of the odd one out, and now that I've learned about socionics I can see why and understand the differences a bit more objectively.

Anyway, I am curious about whether it's like this for others - whether there's a cluster of people from one or two quadras, and then a lone person from an opposite quadra. Stories?
    well... my mother was always the odd man out of our family. My brother and I are IEI and my dad is SEI-Fe. The three of us were always so much alike, same sense of humor, etc. and my EII mom would be like and sometimes feel like she didn't belong. I felt bad for her but what can you do. When I married my ESE husband, things evened out a bit. He became a pretty good bridge between my mom and the rest of us. Partly because he's a rational and I think my mom really appreciates that! It's been nice for her to have him around some.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my immediate family has two Alphas (mom ISFp and dad INTj) and beta sister ENFj.

All the intertype relations played out exactly as they are said to. I'm not sure if anyone felt "odd man out." My dad might have w/ all of the Fs, and my sister might have w/o other Betas (but she always had a lot of INFP and ISTJ friends). I at least had the semi-dual mom.

Interestingly, I realized that is why my parents loved my ENTp ex -- the only ex they really liked. And my dad always thought my ESFp ex was kind of "silly and not to be taken seriously," which makes perfect sense.

There are a ton of INFps in my extended family and some ESFjs, but no other ENFps or deltas that I know of.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My immediate family consists of members from all different quadras...as far as I can gather. There's no real conflicts between any of us...I feel comfortable around all of them. Same goes with my extended family minus my bitchy ESE aunt whom I would gladly never like to see again.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My entire immediate family (father, step-mother, 3 younger siblings) is delta, sans my ESFj mom and Se ego baby sister, lol. It can be difficult. They don't seem to get my sense of humor or way of going about things like exercise, intellectual pursuits, etc. It's also sort of ironic, given my intrinsic propensity for being an 'outsider' with virtually anything. So, things sort of naturally fell into place that way. I guess that's partly why I came to terms with not really relating/connecting to people so easily. Granted, my dad has always seemed to understand me well, but it's still from a delta perspective... if that makes sense. My Ti-ISTj grandfather has always 'seen' me, in a way; so for that I'm appreciative. But yeah, I've felt like the 'lost child' for as long as I can remember. And that's not a bad thing...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family consists of all different quadras. Everyone is odd man out in it, seems like a circuss when we are discussing things as it is obvious everyones views differ in a bazzilion of ways.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is an ENFp, my Mom is ExFJ, and my dad is ISFp.

Im kind of an odd man out cuz Im the only xxTx. Gets a little rough when I have to be "smart" around them cuz they all used to gang up and laugh at me, but now me and my sis stick together.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    My sister is an ENFp, my Mom is ExFJ, and my dad is ISFp.

Im kind of an odd man out cuz Im the only xxTx. Gets a little rough when I have to be "smart" around them cuz they all used to gang up and laugh at me, but now me and my sis stick together.
    When you have to be "smart"? lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Christ. Please tell me you don't believe that being a XXTx = being smart.
    lol. Those damn ethical types just have no grasp of logic.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    When you have to be "smart"? lol.
    When I was younger they'd all sit around yuckin it up and agreeing about something stupid like ghosts and I'd come in and be like thats stupid, and they'd get all defensive.

Like I used to think music was stupid and everyone would laugh at me.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger they'd all sit around yuckin it up and agreeing about something stupid like ghosts and I'd come in and be like thats stupid, and they'd get all defensive.

Like I used to think music was stupid and everyone would laugh at me.
    And how in God's Good Name is that type-related?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how in God's Good Name is that type-related?
    Uhg. Its hard to explain. Like they'd always try and knock me off my "high horse." Like when I detail my reasonings they'd just laugh and make fun of me.

And I guess "smart" was a poor word. Maybe "critical"?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhg. Its hard to explain. Like they'd always try and knock me off my "high horse." Like when I detail my reasonings they'd just laugh and make fun of me.

And I guess "smart" was a poor word. Maybe "critical"?
    Maybe. I just don't think it's related to being a "T" or "F" type.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. I just don't think it's related to being a "T" or "F" type.
    The part that was, was when I wasn't worried about offending people or socializing. Id point out stupid ideas and they'd be all waaaaahhh.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried about offending people or socializing. I point out things I find stupid all the time. Am I a XXTx type now? Learn Socionics.
    lemme tell ya. IN REAL LIFE, F types usually all get pissy over that shit.

and yeah okay. I shouldn't have used me being XXTx for my reasoning. I admit it, there are many other factors contributing to the interaction.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there are "F" types that get pissy. But there's just as many "T" types. Seriously, just open your eyes. "Logical" types are whiny little bitches too.
    Like me? lol

Yeah I know, I was bein pissy bout other shit.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returning to the original question...

My family is composed by alphas mostly (LII dad, ESE brother and ILE sister). I'm IEE and my mom is EIE.

Even tough we're both supposed to be odd, I get along with my family much better than she does. I believe it's a matter of hidden agendas: my dad's being Si and my mom's being Se. Everyone except my mom values Si but only she values Se. This causes my dad to put much pressure on her to fulfill her (traditional gender role) tasks such as cooking or cleaning the house. But it implies PoLR hits all the time.

In my case, I feel left out sometimes due to my emphasis on Te. I must explain, however, that Te reputation for efficiency is only a byproduct of it's operation and not a general characteristic.

Te is about rationality as most people understand it. It is about taking decisions based not one what one feels or likes, but about what is more convenient for a given purpose. A good example of this is medicine. My mom doesn't seem to understand that antibiotics are quite dangerous because microorganisms quickly develop resistance to them. So even though I don't like to feel sick, I know that I should not take antibiotics unless it is strictly necessary.

Even though the rest of my family doesn't value Te on paper, they certainly benefit from my emphasis on it. For example, when they need to buy something they usually give the task to me, as I am usually capable of either cutting costs or finding something better for the money.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.