Thread: Schmuckionics

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Schmuckionics

I wonder if socionics has rewired my brain and view of the world completely.

Maybe that's being paranoid, but am I being paranoid enough?

For example, now whenever I see a typical SLE, I instinctively feel safe/powerful/energized & protected when I'm with them. Did I *always* feel this way and I didn't realize it, or did my understanding of this shit alter my perceptions in such a way that I merely feel what I want to feel?

'Taste' is such a funny thing.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see how an sle would stop this.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm certain I always found ISFjs hot.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Pre-socionics relationships or experiences are probably what makes socionics half-believable in the first place. I've always been attracted to Bono.
    Fixed.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

For example, now whenever I see a typical SLE, I instinctively feel safe/powerful/energized & protected when I'm with them. Did I *always* feel this way and I didn't realize it, or did my understanding of this shit alter my perceptions in such a way that I merely feel what I want to feel?

Good question and the answer is simple in my opinion. Yes you did feel the same those times before you knew socionics, but you didn't pay as much attention to it as you do now.

To give a real life example, I've had close contact with an ESTP and she said to me: I don't know why, but I get so energized every time we speak. She didn't know anything about socionics...

So the feelings are always present, but if you are more aware of their existence, you'll probably focus quicker on them.

Creepy-Cyclops

I think that if you ask someone to describe their ideal partner, even if they don't know about socionics, you tend to find they describe a somewhat idealised version of their dual.

So I think you would have felt the same without knowing about all this stuff.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think that if you ask someone to describe their ideal partner, even if they don't know about socionics, you tend to find they describe a somewhat idealised version of their dual.
    Yes I asked an INFP girl once, what kind of man she falls for, she said exactly these words: someone tough, who expresses sort of, 'here I am, and nobody can hurt me'.

This corresponds to the Legionare (ESTP), her dual.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is funny; I find that this happens even with individuals that I have re-typed (as whatever type) - suddenly my perception of my relationship with them changes completely.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, I always liked the people I'm supposed to like.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    It is funny; I find that this happens even with individuals that I have re-typed (as whatever type) - suddenly my perception of my relationship with them changes completely.
    This has definitely happened to me lol, that's a signal that we've gotten to attached.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people are always naturally attracted to their duals. Understanding of the subtleties underpinning the dynamic just saturates the contours and makes the important stuff more salient. Taken to an unhealthy degree, the knowledge can be used as prescriptive criteria; but I think the essential reality remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You mean having typed and retyped an individual, your perception of the relationship you two have will be altered, simply like that? That sounds like you're viewing it through a prism and ignoring the actuality of it. Could you elaborate?
    4w3-5w6-8w7