Thread: Problem: super introverted sensing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problem: super introverted sensing

I'm an ISTJ and super introverted due to being under alot of stress right now because of classes. I feel like my introversion is becoming more accentuated under this period of prolonged stress and fatigue, especially my primary function which is introverted sensing.

As an introvert I have been "blessed" (or maybe cursed) with being able to focus internally on the things and people around me.

The problem is when something or, inevitably someone, catches my interest, I turn my head and see.

I must also note I am not in any kind of relationsip at the current time.

The exact problem I have is druing class: Male-female ration in class in 4:25 (4 males, 25 women). Inevitably, there are girls I find attractive on diffrent scales in class. There is this girl I cant seem to be able to not look at during class. I have tried sitting at the back far behind her, but whenever she turn back to talk to someone, I cant help but look and she catches me. This is extrememly frustraing to me. I have become super selfconscious about this.

And just so you know, I have tried to talk to this person in the past, 2 years ago at a c**ktail but I was violently turned down. I find her achingly beautiful and just as despisable for her behavior towards me since that very event. Ironic eh?

I do talk to people in class, girls and guys ALL INTROVERTS . So at least i dont pass off as a total loner or total antisocial freak (yes, im still conscious about how extraverts oerceive me).

I fear I'm getting perceived by this girl as abnoral or worse, freakish because of this.

I litteraly am physically unable not to look. It happens to me at least 3 times a day, during the 4 hour class.
    Most of what I've read about ISTJs on this forum is either distorted, biased or completely negative.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are confusing MBTI with socionics, and having Si as a first function would make you an ISTp in socionics, not ISTj.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The girl obviously knows you look at her, and she obviously thinks you are a freak. But if you want to stop looking at her, try the James-Lange theory: try as hard as you can to find someone else attractive, then hopefully you will fool yourself into thinking that the previous girl isn't that great after all. Give it some time, though. Eventually, someone else will catch your eye. (In a room full of 25 women, I don't think that'd be too difficult.)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rmcnew, i think you are right. However, it doest affect the nature of my problem.

As for the other suggestion, I fear i may have used up that opion already and am jumping form girl to girl...

I dont want all 3 of em to think poorly of me. Or is it inevitable? I hate myself for caring about such mundane things.
    Most of what I've read about ISTJs on this forum is either distorted, biased or completely negative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. The girl doesn't like you. Get over it.

Girls are NOT flowers. You don't sit and rhapsodize in your mind how beautiful she is. Girls are meant to be taken by GUYS THAT THEY WANT. You have made it clear that she doesn't want you, so you must get that through your mind.

You are correct.

After some refelection, I think I'm not over the previous encounter with this girl and still hurt by her rudeness. I need to get over it and see this person for what she is inside.

Creepy-pokeball

Be careful if you find nothing inside. And always remember: this is but one scenario within your life. future sceneraios may improve with change in not only yourself but other selections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Be careful if you find nothing inside. And always remember: this is but one scenario within your life. future sceneraios may improve with change in not only yourself but other selections.
    That is also true, it is but one scenario. But not peeking is not as easy in my current circumstances, seeing as i have 4 hour long courses with this person all week long.

I just hate myself for subcoming for that specific eye candy ("which I know is bad anyways").

I feel guilty and pathetic about it. Its like ive lost total ctrl over myself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    (In a room full of 25 women, I don't think that'd be too difficult.)
    *AHHN* Wrong.

They gotta be your dualz dude.
    asd