Thread: my mother

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my mother

I've always thought she's EII but recently I'm wondering if she might be IEE. So help me out here. Don't quote the pics--I'll remove them in a couple days.

poof

she's the one in the middle. and if you have opinions on the others in this pic, let me know (although I have a good idea of them)

Anyway, she exudes Ne. But she's also Fi. I just can't tell between the two. She seems so extraverted when she's talking to me. Super super talkative, I can hardly get a word in edgewise. But in general, she's more subdued if she doesn't know people. But any type can be that way I suspect, including IEE. One of her best friends is ISFj. my dad is ISFp-Fe.
    Last edited by redbaron; 01-01-2009 at 06:14 PM.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she strikes me more as a beta or alpha type. i'd guess intj, enfj, or estp.
    asd

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

RedBaron: are you Norwegian?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    she strikes me more as a beta or alpha type. i'd guess intj, enfj, or estp.
    the only one of those three that would be anywhere near possible would be INTj. The other two, never. interesting suggestion actually. one I've never considered for her.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    RedBaron: are you Norwegian?
    I'm a mix. many different things. my grandfather on my mom's side 12 or 13 generations ago was the first governor of Connecticut.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I'm a mix. many different things. my grandfather on my mom's side 12 or 13 generations ago was the first governor of Connecticut.

Not bad, Redbaron
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay so a few people have said she looks alpha.

Let me describe her some more. She's always coming up with ideas of things to do, or things she and my dad might do. She hates to cook or clean. She's effusive when she gets excited about something, like traveling, she loves to travel and gushes over things like being on the beach (which I find kinda boring). She thinks she's dumb though (a quality which has always annoyed my brother and I). She regrets that she wasn't smarter in school and says she felt like college was very hard for her. She's not afraid of intellectual arguments and doesn't run away from confrontation. But sometimes she'll admit she doesn't get it or thinks it's over her head. Yet she will listen to someone else's argument and respect it even if she disagrees. She's very civil in all her interactions. She's a voice of reason, moreso than my SEI dad (who is obviously very irrational). She's a positivist despite foreseeing possibilities, she tends to think the best of the future which is good since my dad is a negativist. She tends to be content with what she has and doesn't understand the kind of scenario where someone would sell everything they had to go after their dream. She's puzzled by that sort of thing. She loves men in uniform and the military (probably not type-related). She's fascinated by the Godfather movies (can't get enough of that series, really. she owns it and knows all the lines by heart). She gets a bit frustrated with herself that she doesn't have a larger "calling" in life. Something that she feels passionately about. Every time I suggest something, she's just like "eh". Finds it hard to get particularly focused or excited on any one venture. I had her read the enneagram descriptions from a book I have and she immediately chose 7 as describing her very well.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could easily be misguided but something about the shape of her eyes and their expression reminds me of my EII friend that VIs exactly like an EII.
    It's almost like I can see my friend doing the expression she's doing in the second pic.

but this: "She's fascinated by the Godfather movies" - not EII
    And this: "Every time I suggest something, she's just like "eh". Finds it hard to get particularly focused or excited on any one venture" does not go well with eneagram 7. It's quite contradictory I would say. (omg, my is raging today).
    I haven't read it all but why not consider ESI for her?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I could easily be misguided but something about the shape of her eyes and their expression reminds me of my EII friend that VIs exactly like an EII.
    It's almost like I can see my friend doing the expression she's doing in the second pic.

but this: "She's fascinated by the Godfather movies" - not EII
    And this: "Every time I suggest something, she's just like "eh". Finds it hard to get particularly focused or excited on any one venture" does not go well with eneagram 7. It's quite contradictory I would say. (omg, my is raging today).
    I haven't read it all but why not consider ESI for her?
    yeah. I think she feels flightly. Like she can't concentrate on any one thing, she lacks motivation for stuff. The things she really likes are: dogs (she watches those training shows on tv although they don't have one now, they're thinking about getting a puppy) and travel and warm weather/beach and seeing her grandkids. She wants to be excited about something and thinks there's something wrong with her because she doesn't have a "mission" in life.

The godfather thing is this: she's fascinated by how they have their own code that they live by--basically that they've created their own morality of sorts. She's kind of embarrassed by the fact that's so interested in the mob so she doesn't tell anyone other than the immediate family. haha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. I think she feels flightly. Like she can't concentrate on any one thing, she lacks motivation for stuff. The things she really likes are: dogs (she watches those training shows on tv although they don't have one now, they're thinking about getting a puppy) and travel and warm weather/beach and seeing her grandkids. She wants to be excited about something and thinks there's something wrong with her because she doesn't have a "mission" in life.

The godfather thing is this: she's fascinated by how they have their own code that they live by--basically that they've created their own morality of sorts. She's kind of embarrassed by the fact that's so interested in the mob so she doesn't tell anyone other than the immediate family. haha
    well, I can still conclude ESI from that.
    But I think that it would be hard for you to describe her in a way that would ring EII because if she is EII that would make you "quasis" and I think that quasis have a hard time getting each other so they can't describe the essence of each other's personalities. Just a weird assumption I thought of...

Does she seem like a really weird, puzzling and repulsive riddle to you? Because quasis who are not in very good terms tend to have these sort of feelings for each other.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    well, I can still conclude ESI from that.
    But I think that it would be hard for you to describe her in a way that would ring EII because if she is EII that would make you "quasis" and I think that quasis have a hard time getting each other so they can't describe the essence of each other's personalities. Just a weird assumption I thought of...

Does she seem like a really weird, puzzling and repulsive riddle to you? Because quasis who are not in very good terms tend to have these sort of feelings for each other.
    lol I'm not repulsed by her, no! But then again, she's my mom. I dunno. At times we click and we have a great time. But I don't feel that I can go to her with serious things. Like if I'm feeling sad about something, I don't have the urge to share that with her (okay, not that I share that with anyone really). I hide my negative feelings from her at all times. And that's how it's always been from the time I was little. Sometimes I'm puzzled by her, yeah. I do like the way she seems emotionally strong (unlike my dad. I'm much more like my dad). I don't think she's Se-dominant though. She tends to be lazy although she does what she knows she "ought" to do.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought everyone thought Bjork was ISFp-Fe!

(oops, where did that go?)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought everyone thought Bjork was ISFp-Fe!

(oops, where did that go?)

Your relationship with her doesn't sound like it has to do with socionics because I can also say that I feel the same sometimes with my mom or dad or with anyone for that matter.
    She seems rational to me and I've got nothing that rules out Fi base.
    If you're still unsure give me more information on why you think she could be Fi base.