Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Brain Dominance/Thinking Style Test

  1. #1
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Brain Dominance/Thinking Style Test

    I took this test: http://secure.actualme.com/offer.php?id=5, and it gave an extremely accurate picture of my thought processes. I came out as an "Analytical Visionary":
    
    Understanding the Big Picture

    Thinking and processing! That's what you love to do the most. Ideas and options are what you're always creating. Once something seems concrete, structured and complete, you have a way of coming up with a creative option that changes the whole and leads to a better building process.

    Most of the time you are very uncanny about seeing and understanding the big picture. Yes, you're a holistic thinker that is always asking the question "How?" Everything, including the smallest detail, needs to be woven into a framework to answer your question of "How?" Not one step can be taken until you know how that step fits into the whole. These are some of many reasons why people refer to you as a visionary.

    How You Think

    Your thinking process is mostly intuitive and analogic. However, you do use facts and logic to back up your intuitive thought processing. When you weave these processes together, you're constantly challenging logical and scientific thought. You seem to stretch the facts to create a new theory or develop a synthetic way of tying different theories together. This optional way of thinking energizes your thought processes while at the same time focuses your energy on the facts in specific, yet different, ways.

    Dynamic Creativity

    Change, particularly in ideas, is never-ending for you. What you're enthusiastic about today may not be the focus of your energy in a week, a month or year. People that know you see a dynamic stream of consciousness which, given the right amount of time and people support, develops idealistic and artistic themes into living and creative realities. It makes no difference whether they are software programs, pieces of art, strategies for corporations or new, holistic developments for organic gardening.

    There is no timeline or deadline for your accomplishments. They are never-ending because you will go back and transform them if they evolve into a different whole within you. That is why in school or at work you procrastinate until the last moment to finish a paper, an assignment or a project. If you do the work early, you'll have to go back and change it completely because you'll see it in a different contextual whole at the time when it is due. So, why redo it?

    Shifting to Logical Thinking

    Sometimes, you'll leave these creative and optional way of thinking to become extremely logical, rational and serial in your thought patterns and work. During this time, you'll be very analytical, and you will develop critical thoughts and strategies. You'll insist that ideas have factual, underlying assumptions before they can be made into strategies.

    You'll be capable of critiquing and changing your own creative theories and plans. Persons that are participating in this change with you will be taken aback by your honest and thorough examinations, your attention to analytic detail and your sudden need to meet timelines punctually.

    Every so often, paradoxical thoughts attract you. Most people avoid them. You seem curious and comfortable with them. That's because, once again, your need for creative and optional thinking doesn't have to be tied consistently together with logic and factual data.

    Exploring Options

    You're attracted to the unknown more than the known. You're drawn to what's unusual about something rather than what is typical about it. If it's strange or way out there, you'll want to know and read about it. You may take an idea from this and apply it in some practical way.

    As a scientist or scholar, you have a bent towards the artistic side. What other people see as facts, you may see as shades of facts or possibilities of different facts. It's the development and the creation of new ideas and new ways of looking at something that excites you. That's because your world is the world of possibilities and visions.

    Thinking of the Future

    You're always thinking about the future and you have an unusual awareness as to what may happen. What you forecast is not always logical and sometimes makes many people uncomfortable. But, if they've known you long enough, they use the awareness to be better prepared for upcoming situations or events.

    People want you to share your thoughts with them. That's because your ideas and expressions usually give a different slant to a topic. Many times others look to you for your awareness or guidance about something.

    How You Communicate with Others

    You're an excellent communicator with individuals and small groups of three, no more than four people. You listen attentively to what people say, how they say it and what feelings are generated. When you give feedback, it is usually very sensitive and leads to further communication. You have an unusual awareness for what is happening to the person and others that are participating. It's almost like a sixth sense. Sometimes, people distance themselves from you because of this sensitivity and your feedback.

    Almost the same thing happens when you enter a room with people conversing. Without trying, you can sense the themes of the discussions and the feelings being expressed. As you join a group, people are drawn to you and have a need to express their thoughts and feelings in your presence. You seem to be a natural facilitator for communication on all levels.
    ------------------------------------------------

    Try this test and tell me if your results are accurate.

    Jason
    LII

  2. #2
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are a Motivational Visionary
    Ideas and options are what you're always creating and doing.



















    Description of the 4 Quadrants | Print Report | eMail to a Friend | Feedback


    Your Communication Style
    

    A Natural People Person

    When you are walking down a corridor or a street, you like to greet or stop to speak to someone. People just love to talk with you about anything. That's because the positive energy that you give off during conversations develops an instant bond with everyone.


    You love to interact with people. It doesn't matter how many people there are or at what level you're communicating; you do it effortlessly. Conversation has been extremely natural to you your whole life.


    You have a wonderful sense of humor. When people are with you, they smile and laugh a lot. Whether it's telling a joke you heard before or sharing a spontaneous ad lib, you're naturally funny and entertaining. Your humor and ways of communicating are constantly creating situations that relax and motivate other people.

    Strategic Creativity

    Unless people know you very well, they won't realize that you are quite capable of creating strategic plans, following intellectual pursuits and developing new, abstract theories about how things integrate or function. You're able to look at the whole picture, break them into discrete, unusual parts, and synthesize these into unique wholes or strategic plans. You thoroughly enjoy discovering creative options when thinking through difficult problems and challenging ideas.

    Motivating and Leading Others

    When it comes to dealing with people and problems, you use a combination of intuitive and rational thoughts very successfully. Your positive, personal and intelligent ways of relating to people make them want to follow you during times of confusion and stress. It's when the situations are dynamic and need optional thinking and/or in-the-moment organization that you're able to step forward, take command and lead others towards successful outcomes. This is when your style of leadership becomes most effective.


    Even if you're not knowledgeable about a subject area under discussion, you come across as smooth and intelligent. It doesn't matter to you what conversations others are having or what topics they're discussing, you can join in without missing a beat. That's because you intuitively know how to listen to the underlying messages being delivered and how to successfully respond to people intellectually with just a few facts.

    How You Learn

    Besides reading and studying, conversations and dialogues provide you with an enjoyable opportunity to learn. It's during this repartee that you're able to ask any type of question: logical, analogical or just odd ones to serve your curiosity. One of the best ways for you to learn and to be motivated is to belong to a study group, particularly one that has members who are focused on the objectives and deadlines. The process of these groups can provide you with the focus and further detail to study and learn effectively.

    Speaking in front of Groups

    Speeches and presentations to small or large groups come naturally to you. You can either be prepared or wing it when making a speech. The latter, with a few notes jotted on a piece of scrap paper, is your preferred way to present. Also, you'll use theatrical intonations and gestures, personalized comments and anecdotes with humor, integrating them around facts, logic and important points. When you have finished, people leave your presentations feeling that you have presented a solid case, you have touched them personally and you have spoken to each one of them intellectually.

    Your Leadership Qualities

    As a leader, you're a powerful combination of intellectual insightfulness, future predictions and personal charm. The former allows you to plan and think things through intuitively and logically. The latter allows you to be empathetic and personal in your expression of motivation and planned action. The two of these combined give you the positive power that people trust and follow.



    Back to top


    Communication Tips

    People who have a predominantly Left-brain Abstractthinking style thrive on careful analysis of all pertinent factors before making any decisions. Their style is naturally systematic and detail-oriented, characterized by the pursuit of logic, predictability and discipline. They may appear distant and aloof at times, as they prefer to listen rather than talk. They tend to stick to the rules and stay within the confines of their orderly world.

    When communicating with a Left-brain Abstract person, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:

    You might find their passion for logical analysis to be ponderous or overly pedantic at times, but if you keep an open mind, their conclusions could be beneficial to you.
    In situations where you must collaborate on a project or a plan, their tendency to stick to the rules can be limiting to your own creative visions. Present your optional ideas as logical alternatives worthy of consideration.
    They may appear distant and aloof at times, as they prefer to listen rather than talk. Don't take this personally or assume they're arrogant. Remember that they're absorbing and processing information before they render an opinion.
    They can be a valuable source of background or historical information, which you sometimes tend to overlook while you aim for the "big picture." Nevertheless, expect them to provide more details than you might care for.
    People who have a predominantly Right-brain Concrete thinking style thrive on interacting with people and being the center of attention. They inspire others with their charm and warm personality. They can read other people very easily and use their intuitive skills to adapt effortlessly to changing situations. They are excellent at exciting and persuading others to follow their suggestions. They often speak without spending too much time thinking about what to say.

    When communicating with a Right-brain Concrete person, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:

    At times, you might find their ebullient need to be the center of attention to be overpowering or annoying.
    Like therapists, they can sometimes encourage you to open up and confide with them about personal problems or concerns you have. You're usually okay with this, as long as they don't pry too deeply or push their solutions too strongly.
    As much as you think before you speak, they think by speaking. They are excellent at exciting and persuading others to follow their suggestions.
    Even if they don't take logic or factual data into account, they may come up with innovative or imaginative ideas that are worthy of your consideration.
    Since you both like to come up with ideas, the verbal interaction can be both personally rewarding and productive. They may not share your visionary creativity, but they often have an intuitive sense of what is most suited for you.
    They can sometimes seem manipulative in getting their way. While you might find their personal charm and charisma irresistible, don't allow yourself to be swayed in a direction that you know is not right for you.
    People who have a predominantly Left-brain Concrete thinking style are action-oriented and thrive on challenge. As movers of people and organizations, they enforce rules, focus on goals, meet deadlines, and demand immediate action. They typically avoid getting bogged down in details and want to go directly to the bottom line. They prefer short and easy action-items or conclusions. They are decisive people who want to get things done quickly and efficiently.

    When communicating with a Left-brain Concrete person, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:

    You might find their style at times overbearing or in some cases, even intimidating. As a result, you're likely to interact with them only as much as absolutely necessary.
    When it comes to solving problems, they view feelings or abstract concepts as intrusions that prevent them from reaching a firm conclusion. You'd be better off not allowing your feelings to become too much of an issue.
    On the other hand, your feelings about certain situations are paramount to your comfort level, so don't be afraid to let them know how important that is to you.
    There might be times that you will feel they are pushing too hard to get you to make a final decision. On the other hand, you might be struggling with all the options you're considering and could benefit from their decisive nature.
    Don't be offended by their direct talk if it seems abrupt � they are goal-oriented people who know how to get things done.
    When communicating with another Left-brain Concrete, you are likely to experience the following characteristics:

    Like you, they tend to be visionary thinkers who look at the big picture and try to understand how things relate to each other.
    They value creative, inspirational options as much as you do. They can usually provide interesting alternatives that would be worth your while to consider. At times, however, you might become a bit irritated with their tendency to go off on tangents when you're trying to focus on a particular issue of concern.
    With the tendency you both have to procrastinate while exploring your options, one of you will need to refocus your energies on making a decision when the need to accomplish something arises.
    You are both open-minded and feelings-oriented. Together, you are likely to create a relaxed, low-key atmosphere based on trust and good rapport.
    Remember to be patient with their quiet, reflective nature; just like you, they may be thinking of other options that are more suitable for you or for themselves.
    Ultimately, you both need to feel comfortable with how your decisions fit into your world.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  3. #3
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    got the same thing as jason, felt about 30% accurate.

  4. #4
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got the Entrepreneur.

    A Natural Leader

    You are a natural leader who is a take-charge type of person most of the time. You'll put all of your energy into various projects and group activities. You're a high achiever who needs to be at the top. People believe that you can accomplish anything. Your charm and boldness can mesmerize others. Therefore, they will do anything you ask them to do without questioning it.

    Personally and professionally people love relating to you, whether it's in person, in a group or over a telephone. They feel safe and secure that you're listening to their needs. You're taking care of business by putting a thorough action plan into place, and you're intelligent and creative enough to solve any spontaneous problems with optional actions. You're capable of motivating and leading them toward successful outcomes.

    You do this by always asking three questions whenever you begin to undertake any action:

    1. "What's the objective?"
    2. "How does this work?"
    3. "Who can I get to do this with me or for me?"
    Idealism vs. Realism

    Then, you balance two types of paradoxical thought processing, idealism and realism. Whichever process is needed at the time can be brought to the foreground in a creative and/or in a formal manner. Sometimes, when you're really on, you can meld the two into a creative, synthetic whole that astonishes others with its insightful planning, its practical applications and its clear, action-oriented directives. During this incubation period of insightful thought and communication, others begin to see you as a visionary who is a strategic planner and a pragmatic leader.

    To make the action-oriented directives clear so that everyone meets or exceeds the total goal successfully and together, you have to have a clear plan laid out with user-friendly approaches set up for each person to accomplish each necessary task. Then, you have all these directives aligned with the mission, strategies and objectives. And, lastly, you have to measure how the strategies are being fulfilled and what else it will take to make the final outcome successful.
    Task-Oriented Interaction

    Yes, you can sit still and think. But, realize that you prefer to be doing tasks or interacting with others, whether it be an individual or a group. Most of all, you love being up front and leading the action.

    If you're not leading, then you are doing whatever needs to be done to accomplish a task. When you finish one task, you're on to the next. It's never-ending. You like activities and interactions to move at a fast pace. If you have to slow down, you can become bored and impatient easily. Sometimes, you'll create a problem or a crisis just to enliven yourself and those people around you.
    How You Learn

    Traditional learning (lectures and reading) comes easily for you, particularly if it is factual, logical, associative, personal and occasionally humorous in its approach. The more personal instructors are in their delivery, the easier it is for you to make creative associations and conclusions. Then, at the last minute, you organize your notes and thoughts into clear patterns and categories for future reference and for your memory process.

    It is helpful for you to understand the whole and its associations before you can categorize or memorize the pieces. However, if really needed, you can force yourself with focused energy to sit down and memorize over a long period of time. You will use multi-sensory methods to learn and process information. One of your more successful ways to memorize is to organize things into bite-sized chunks and write them as you say them to yourself out loud. Also, to reinforce this learning, you'll engage in conversation with one or more people about the topic and use the memorized information over and over in many different ways.
    I think that the part about thinking styles is correct; I cannot see myself as much as a leader as the description says, though.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apparently Bee and I are the same
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  7. #7
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got "Analytical Visionary"

    Apparently I know the "How" and "Why."

    Anyone wanna play Clue?
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  8. #8
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    A driven planner, left brain. Heh, some of it true, but I think it would be more accurate description of my mirror ESTj. I'm like that but with some more easy goingness.

  9. #9
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guess most of it fits just i'm not much of a leader type. Right brained all the way.

    You are a Visionary Motivator

    You are a charismatic leader who loves to create at the highest level.

    The Ultimate People Person

    It is most essential that you recognize that you are a charismatic leader who loves to achieve at the highest level. Your creativity is getting other people to do what you want or envision. You are a realistic "Pied Piper" that everyone follows.

    If you are on a team or doing a project, you are the spontaneous motivator and communication leader. Everyone knows and recognizes your energetic and enthusiastic direction. Your networking with others reaches far and wide. You are the ultimate politician.

    Your manner is always extremely positive and confident. When everyone else is feeling discouraged, you provide an individual and group spark that rekindles inspiration and rejuvenates excitement to continue forward. Your threshold for positive leadership is extremely high. In fact, the worse the situation, the more you thrive on it. You're like a cat with nine lives.

    Above all else, you love to interact with people. It doesn't matter how many people there are or at what level you're communicating, you do it effortlessly. Conversation has been extremely natural to you your whole life. If you're isolated from people for a long period of time, your energy's focus seems to become depressed.
    Optional Thinking

    The time when your energy's focus doesn't become depressed in isolation is when you are positively engaged in creative, optional and strategic thinking. It's here that your intuitive and analogical thinking process combines with some factual and logical thoughts to give you a new, holistic perspective on what you're doing or planning to do. When you share these conclusions with others, they usually are amazed at how you developed these dynamic missions and/or strategies. When you are presenting or explaining something that has been developed, your presence makes each person feel that you are personally addressing his/her individual needs.
    Interacting with People

    Yes, contact with others is more important than breathing for you. You can't live without it. When you walk down a corridor or a street, you're always greeting or stopping to talk to someone. People just love to talk with you about anything. That's because the positive energy that you give off during conversations develops an instant bond with everyone.

    You have a wonderful sense of humor. When people are with you, they smile and laugh a lot. Whether it's telling a joke you heard before or sharing a spontaneous ad lib, you're naturally funny and entertaining. Your humor and ways of communicating are constantly creating situations that relax and motivate other people.

    Even if you're not knowledgeable about a subject area under discussion, you come across as smooth and intelligent. It doesn't matter what conversations others are having or what topics they're discussing, you can join in without missing a beat. That's because you intuitively know people and what turns them on.
    Your Learning Style

    Conversations and dialogues provide you with the opportunity to learn best. It's during this repartee that you're able to ask any type of question: logical, analogical or just odd ones to serve your curiosity. One of the best ways for you to learn and to be motivated is to belong to a study group, particularly one that has members who are focused on the objectives and deadlines. The process of studying with these groups can provide you with the focus and needed detail to study and learn effectively.
    Getting the Job Done

    You usually don't like doing the details or grunt work yourself. In fact, you'll try to get others to do it for you. But, when that ploy doesn't work and you have to do it alone to meet a deadline, you'll concentrate, focus and finish what needs to be done. But, that's only after you've procrastinated until the last-minute. Then, when the tasks or project are completed, you'll want to celebrate this successful achievement with others!

    You don't like to focus on details or facts without being shown the complete picture. A boring and stiff supervisor or teacher creates motivational problems for you. However, if straight facts and dry details are embellished by a boss's or a teacher's personal anecdotes or jokes, then these associations trigger your memory and motivation to work. Just memorizing or doing something, particularly if it doesn't have any meaning or pragmatic application for you, means that you have to concentrate and focus over a longer period of time than you usually like to do. But, again, at the last minute, you can do it.

    Along with that, you are an extremely active person, moving quickly from one person to another, one group of people to another or from one task to another. You must always be moving, motivating and/or talking. That is why your favorite way of achieving things is through direct dialogue. You innately organize others and when push comes to shove, you can keep them focused and working by relating to them in many different positive ways.
    The Bottom Line

    Just remember, when the opportunity presents itself and it usually does, you are number one, not just in your eyes, but in the eyes of others. Also, remember what gets you there - your positive, open and creative communication style that makes everyone an important participant in your presence.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  10. #10
    JRiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indian Territory
    TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got the "Socializer" kind. Not surprising, and the descriptions give a reasonably good description of a lot of my motivations and behavior, and even some things I would not have expected it to pick up like the affinity for discussing topics I don't necessarily understand and trusting in my ability to adapt to a situation rather than planning things out.

    What really impressed me, though, is the format of the test. I think this is exactly how an online personality test should be. I could not trace what it was doing as I was taking the test, and the non-obvious relations between options made you choose what you value most, not what you think describes you. In many cases, I had to use just a gut reaction to the words to answer the questions instead of thinking about it too much. This kind of thing prevents people from systematically answering the test to correspond to a fairly contrived or idealized image of themselves, as so many tests allow. People who make personality tests could probably take a lesson or two from this site.

    As much as I liked the test, I found the classification system very lacking. Though certainly all personality typing systems have their shortcomings, this one is yet another fairly limited 2-dichotomy test, yielding only 4 groupings. The dichotomies themselves are suspect. The left-brain/right-brain thing is at the very least a questionable idea, especially when it's related so strongly to task- and people-oriented preferences. The abstract/concrete thing is vaguely defined. In reality this is based on a decision-making style model used for studying group behavior, and is used to recommend job positions and organizational roles in business. The explanations and recommendations don't seem to go much beyond what normal experience would suggest either.

    Regardless, I bet this guy makes all kinds of bank hawking this stuff to companies. Consulting FTW!

    JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

  11. #11
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bleck. I disliked this test enormously. Almost every single word pair choice was impossible. I felt like I was clicking shit at random. There was only one pair where either both did or both did not describe me.

    And it shows, because this is the result I got:
    High Achiever
    You are a popular, high-achieving person who relishes being Number 1. Your finishing Number 1 usually rewards you with the leadership that gives you control over other people. You love being the leader. You're also chosen as a leader because you know what you want and where you want yourself and others to go. And those times that the path is not rationally or formally clear, your intuition leads you and others successfully.

    You are a visionary who is a logical, pragmatic thinker and planner. You always need three questions answered:
    1. "What's the objective or task?"
    2. "Why is something happening?"
    3. "Who can I develop enough of a relationship with to get something I want accomplished?"

    Thinking Systematically
    Whatever you are thinking about has to meet the goal-oriented and rational criteria of analytic, precise and systematic thinking with a historical and factual basis. If it does not meet all of these, you first become skeptical and then very intuitively creative in exploring another way to understand the problem and its solution.

    You are a pragmatic realist who can get people to do what you want, sometimes without their even knowing it. It's during these moments that you can interact verbally with individuals or groups of associates to motivate them and to let them know what needs to be accomplished, how to proceed and how to team together positively. Then, and only then, are they prepared to receive your directives.

    Accomplishing Your Goals
    To make your directives clear so that everyone meets or exceeds the total goal successfully and together, you will have to have a detailed plan laid out with user-friendly approaches set up for each person to accomplish each necessary task. Then, you'll have all these directives aligned with the mission, strategies and objectives. And, lastly, you will have to measure how the strategies are being fulfilled and what is making the final outcome successful.

    Communicating with Others
    On a personal and professional level, people love relating to you, whether it's in person, in a group or over the telephone. They feel safe and secure that you're listening to their needs. You're taking care of business by putting a thorough action plan into place, you're intelligent and creative enough to solve any problems with optional actions, and you're capable of motivating and leading them towards successful outcomes.

    Uhhhhh, nope, nope and nope. I guess some tests are better for certain types, and this test is horrible for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  12. #12
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Bleck. I disliked this test enormously. Almost every single word pair choice was impossible. I felt like I was clicking shit at random. There was only one pair where either both did or both did not describe me.
    Same.

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's true that it wasn't really easy to choose among those words, mostly because choices were not dichotomous. This has a positive effect - it's hard to predict and steer the result of the test - but also a negative one - it can be hard to reach a decision between "I like ice cream" and "I like sport shoes".
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  15. #15
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get a different answer every time I take this, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  16. #16
    calenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    TIM
    ISXj
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    I got "Analytical Visionary"

    Apparently I know the "How" and "Why."

    Anyone wanna play Clue?
    Meh, I got this too. Overall the test kind of sucked though, just because the choices were impossible to choose between.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

  17. #17
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Abbie Tokyo, You are a Socializer

    You are the ultimate people person!

    Right-Brain Concrete (Interactive)...and I got secondary on all the others.
    Here are some things to be cautious about:

    1. Procrastinating until the last minute to finish a project or a paper
    2. Being too spontaneous and unpredictable in situations where you are leading others
    3. Wanting to be the center of attention at the cost of being successful in your endeavor
    4. Over-selling through unnecessary exaggeration
    I hardly ever do any of those. Either I'm pretty awesome at dealing with situations, or this test is inacurate.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  18. #18
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Meh, I got this too. Overall the test kind of sucked though, just because the choices were impossible to choose between.
    I kind of agree with this sentiment. Additionally, depending on what my frame of mind is, I clearly change from item to item. The first time I took the test I got the "Rational" response, which said I was the ultimate in all rationals and basically told me I was an EXTj. When I read it, it didn't seem accurate to me at all so I took it again, then I got Motivational Visionary, which made more sense. Then out of curiosity I took it again today and got Analytical Visionary. Not very consistent, obviously...
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  19. #19
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could it be that some of you are thinking too much about the choices? Here is a sample choice: irresistible and upbeat or individualistic and considerate. I would choose the second option, because individualistic is the only characteristic that fits me. What if more than one fit? If, for example, you identify with irresistible, upbeat, and individualistic, then choose the first option, unless individualistic describes you to a far greater extent than either of the other two.

    Jason
    LII

  20. #20
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Could it be that some of you are thinking too much about the choices? Here is a sample choice: irresistible and upbeat or individualistic and considerate. I would choose the second option, because individualistic is the only characteristic that fits me. What if more than one fit? If, for example, you identify with irresistible, upbeat, and individualistic, then choose the first option, unless individualistic describes you to a far greater extent than either of the other two.

    Jason
    And what if I identify with upbeat and individualistic?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  21. #21
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    And what if I identify with upbeat and individualistic?
    Then you should choose the one that you identify with more. If you identify with them equally, then it doesn't matter which one you choose, so long as this problem doesn't happen too often while you're taking this test. If it does, then I would agree that the test has a problem to some extent. However, I wouldn't expect most people to value virtually every option equally.

    Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 12-19-2008 at 03:28 AM.
    LII

  22. #22
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Roderick Levingston, You are a Motivational Visionary
    Ideas and options are what you're always creating and doing.

    Both right brain quadrants primary, left brain concrete secondary, left brain abstract avoided (lol).

    A Natural People Person

    When you are walking down a corridor or a street, you like to greet or stop to speak to someone. People just love to talk with you about anything. That's because the positive energy that you give off during conversations develops an instant bond with everyone.

    You love to interact with people. It doesn't matter how many people there are or at what level you're communicating; you do it effortlessly. Conversation has been extremely natural to you your whole life.

    You have a wonderful sense of humor. When people are with you, they smile and laugh a lot. Whether it's telling a joke you heard before or sharing a spontaneous ad lib, you're naturally funny and entertaining. Your humor and ways of communicating are constantly creating situations that relax and motivate other people.

    Strategic Creativity

    Unless people know you very well, they won't realize that you are quite capable of creating strategic plans, following intellectual pursuits and developing new, abstract theories about how things integrate or function. You're able to look at the whole picture, break them into discrete, unusual parts, and synthesize these into unique wholes or strategic plans. You thoroughly enjoy discovering creative options when thinking through difficult problems and challenging ideas.

    Motivating and Leading Others

    When it comes to dealing with people and problems, you use a combination of intuitive and rational thoughts very successfully. Your positive, personal and intelligent ways of relating to people make them want to follow you during times of confusion and stress. It's when the situations are dynamic and need optional thinking and/or in-the-moment organization that you're able to step forward, take command and lead others towards successful outcomes. This is when your style of leadership becomes most effective.

    Even if you're not knowledgeable about a subject area under discussion, you come across as smooth and intelligent. It doesn't matter to you what conversations others are having or what topics they're discussing, you can join in without missing a beat. That's because you intuitively know how to listen to the underlying messages being delivered and how to successfully respond to people intellectually with just a few facts.

    How You Learn

    Besides reading and studying, conversations and dialogues provide you with an enjoyable opportunity to learn. It's during this repartee that you're able to ask any type of question: logical, analogical or just odd ones to serve your curiosity. One of the best ways for you to learn and to be motivated is to belong to a study group, particularly one that has members who are focused on the objectives and deadlines. The process of these groups can provide you with the focus and further detail to study and learn effectively.

    Speaking in front of Groups

    Speeches and presentations to small or large groups come naturally to you. You can either be prepared or wing it when making a speech. The latter, with a few notes jotted on a piece of scrap paper, is your preferred way to present. Also, you'll use theatrical intonations and gestures, personalized comments and anecdotes with humor, integrating them around facts, logic and important points. When you have finished, people leave your presentations feeling that you have presented a solid case, you have touched them personally and you have spoken to each one of them intellectually.

    Your Leadership Qualities

    As a leader, you're a powerful combination of intellectual insightfulness, future predictions and personal charm. The former allows you to plan and think things through intuitively and logically. The latter allows you to be empathetic and personal in your expression of motivation and planned action. The two of these combined give you the positive power that people trust and follow.

    --

    Comments...

    Natural People Person fits.

    As for strategic plans, I'd say mine are only very loose--I'm definitely more comfortable on a rapid-fire tactical level (why I thought I was Irrational, actually).

    Motivating and leading others: again, mostly. I'm not always successful, but otherwise, it fits. The second paragraph, I'm not sure? I think it's just because I know lots of words.

    As for how I learn... lol. Too true.

    Giving speeches: again, yes. If I'm actually talking about something I believe in/understand, I can do it on the fly, absolutely. I keep a flow chart handy in case I lose my train of thought on a tangent, though.

    Leadership qualities: yes. I'd be perfect for kindergarten (as one of the kids ).

    Anyway, this has been useful for MORE DELICIOUS IDEAS. And why you crazy people think I'm ILE

    EDIT

    Actually, the quadrants are very interesting for me.

    I would say I am, indeed, operating through both right brainy thingies constantly (and why people think I'm a martian ). What's interesting though is left brain concrete, which I understand to be "Gul is rushing to bring things to a conclusion" mode. At least from a Socionics perspective, it sounds like shades of Se.

  23. #23
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jake, You are a Entrepreneur

    You're a rare balance between left and right brain


    Your Communication Style
    

    Thinking Before Acting

    Entrepreneur! That's the word that best represents your style. You are an equal combination of aware thought and realistic action. In other words, you'll see something unusual, think about it, organize your thoughts around it into a realistic goal and then, immediately act on it. Sometimes you're successful and sometimes you're not. That's what makes your life exciting.


    Here's what's different about what you do compared to other people. You're an applied risk taker! You are not afraid to take action on your awareness.


    Another process of yours that is different from others is that you'll incubate your thoughts for a long time and then, out of nowhere, want to apply them directly. The benefit is that your thoughts are original and when applied correctly, they can be very successful. The problem is that others around you have not been clued into your thoughts until you're ready to run with them. They have not been prepared to assist you. This dichotomy between thought and action can sometimes create confusion among those around you.

    Combining Intuition and Logic

    Your thinking process is a combination of intuition and concrete, applied logic. Yes, you can think and even express yourself theoretically and strategically. But when push comes to shove, you'll want to take these ideas and develop them into active, participatory thoughts that can lead to specific actions.


    Two questions are very important to you: "What's the goal or objective?" and "How does it work?" One is the end point and the other is the process in successfully reaching the end point. When you're getting ready to apply your thoughts, you're simultaneously asking and answering these two questions.

    Shifting Priorities

    When it comes to time, there is a constant shift within you from future thoughts to present actions. You're always thinking about changing possibilities and probabilities, yet wanting to stay on your path toward present day goals and objectives. This dichotomy within you creates a charged energy that, if channeled correctly, will give you and others around you positive results. However, successfully handling this dichotomy depends upon your learning from previous life experiences.


    You vacillate from procrastinating to finishing something to wanting to get it done ahead of time. The compromise is that you usually finish what you start out to accomplish on time. That's why it's important for you to set deadlines for yourself and your projects.

    Idealism vs. Realism

    Another contrast that you live with is that you're predominantly a thinking idealist and an action-oriented realist. Thus, when you have to apply some of your ideas, they create an internal and external frustration with reality. However, with enough experiences, you've learned how to pragmatically weave your way through this. And, in the end, you achieve at a high-level.


    Sometimes, in your action mode, your communications can be perceived as very immediate, blunt, and even threatening. Other times, when you're relaxed and just sharing some thoughts about things, your communications are perceived as interesting, casual and extremely enjoyable. That's why it's important for you to be aware of your internal motivational shifts and how they affect your communications.

    The Bottom Line

    Just remember, that even with all of the above dichotomies and contrasts, your life has been exciting and successful overall. Tomorrow will bring new awareness, different ideas and some more applied adventures. That's the way you like it.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I believe I'm significantly more theoretical than it makes me out to be.

    I fit best with Right brain abstract:

    Right-brain Abstract (Synthetic) are visionary thinkers who look at the big picture and try to understand how things relate to each other. They are creative people who consider many options and abstract concepts when absorbing or presenting information and when making decisions. When presenting information to this style, one should provide the big picture first before getting to more specific points, include optional choices, and limit the amount of details.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  24. #24
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got the Creative Organizer

    
    The Ultimate Planner

    You are admired by many because of your thinking skills and the way you skillfully design your life and the steps in the lives of others. You're an excellent planner. Your opinions are treasured and trusted. Most people know that before you do anything or advise others about anything, you've reached broadly and delved deeply into the history and facts. Everyone realizes that you are conscientious and respectful of doing the right thing in the right way.

    Checks and Balances

    Yes, yours is a life of checks and balances to the smallest decimal place. No detail is overlooked. You only take precise steps that are planned out well in advance. Thinking and logic are supreme. Knowledge is the foundation. Everything is a chess match at the Masters level!

    Usually you're not a risk taker. It doesn't mean that you're not adventurous. It means that before you take the first step, every possible move and option that can be controlled has been thought through thoroughly. You only like to deal with probabilities in your favor at 99.44 percent. Joy for you is minimizing luck.

    How You Learn

    You are a lifelong learner. Everything is absorbed like a blotter by your lock-step memory. Then, it is carefully processed and contextually stored with other pertinent information. When the need arises, you retrieve and reprocess the information for appropriate applications. Rarely does your memory or logical use of stored information fail you or others.

    How You Interact with Others

    You're basically an introverted and low-key person who likes everything to be orderly and impersonal. Reserved, proper and calm are words that are often used to describe you. You usually don't like to interact verbally or personally with other people. You are independent and can be a loner very easily. Sometimes, your best friend is your computer and its Internet access.

    In a group setting you're mostly very quiet and hardly volunteer to speak out unless you have something very pertinent to say. Even then, you are reticent at best. However, if someone you respect directly asks you for your opinion, you'll answer if you deem the subject in question worthy of your attention. Then, and only then, will you respond to that in a thorough manner. If you are pushed to explain even more, you'll use historical and logical explanations, including answering all of the possible questions as to why your responses are correct. Thus, you'll not leave any rational leaf unturned, and immediately you'll halt the possibility that someone else may question you again about this subject area.

    Exploring Other Options

    Every once in a while, your awareness and thinking processes change. It usually depends upon the situation presented to you. Your thought process shifts from its logical, analytic and detailed state towards a combination of optional thinking, creativity and synthetic wholes. Here, paradoxes are accepted and enjoyed instead of being scientifically rejected; chaos is the basis for reality. Emotional and rational thought are intertwined to solve problems and to strategically plan.

    Shifting Interactions

    Also, you're able to relate to people on a personal basis rather than an impersonal, factual basis. Now you can explore yourself and others on deeper and broader levels. Your conversations become more fluid, heartfelt and exploratory. You are able to accept inconsistencies of another's thoughts and feelings. When you're in this place, people search you out to discover more about themselves or their deep-seated problems. You seem so much more aware of what is happening rather than what should be happening.

    Those who know you over a long period of time welcome these shifts. They accept and anticipate these changes as positive behavioral outcomes. Others, who know you formally, are initially perplexed when this happens. They may seem uncomfortable because your extremely consistent, rational behavior has been transformed into high-risk ideas. What they have expected is not consistent with what has happened previously.

    The Final Analysis

    Overall, your intellectual abilities, meticulous plans and shifting insights are seen by others as a great asset to their team and their organization. People depend on your articulate advice, logical-optional thinking and calmness in the face of problems. However, don't be negative or impatient when they present their rational shortcomings. Just be patient with them in the beginning and let them know what you are thinking in a positive manner.


    Primary quadrants: Left-brain abstract (analytical) and right-brain abstract (synthetic)
    Secondary quadrant: Right-brain concrete (interactive)
    Avoid: Left-brain concrete (conclusive)
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  25. #25

    Default

    You are a Visionary
    You're the ultimate universal, holistic thinker!


    The Visionary

    Thinking and processing! That's what you love to do the most. Ideas and options are what you're always creating. Once something seems concrete, structured and complete, you have a way of coming up with a creative option that changes the whole and leads to a better building process.


    Most of the time you are very uncanny about seeing and understanding the big picture. Yes, you're a holistic thinker that is always asking the question "How?" Everything, including the smallest detail, needs to be woven into a framework to answer your questions of "How?" Not one step can be taken until you know how that one step fits into the whole. These are some of the many reasons why people refer to you as a visionary.

    How You Think

    Your thinking process is mostly intuitive and analogical. However, you use facts and logic to back up your intuitive thought processing. When you weave these processes together, you're constantly challenging logical and scientific thought. You seem to stretch the facts to create a new theory or develop a synthetic way of tying different theories together. This optional way of thinking energizes your thought processes, while at the same time focuses your energy on the facts in specific, yet different ways.


    Paradoxical thoughts attract you. Most people avoid them. You seem curious and comfortable with them. That's because, once again, your need for creative and optional thinking doesn't have to be tied together with logic and factual data.


    You're attracted to the unknown more than the known. You're drawn to what's unusual about something rather than what is ordinary about it. If it's strange or way out there, you'll want to know and read about it.


    As a scientist or scholar, you have a bent towards the artistic side. What other people see as facts, you may see as shades of facts or possibilities of different facts. It's the development and the creation of new ideas and ways of looking at something that excites you. That's because your world is the world of possibilities and visions.

    Thinking of the Future

    You're always thinking about the future and you have an usual awareness as to what may happen. What you forecast is not always logical and sometimes makes many people uncomfortable. But, if they've known you long enough, they use the awareness to be better prepared for upcoming situations or events.


    Change, particularly in ideas, is never-ending for you. What you're enthusiastic about today may not be the focus of your energy in a week, a month or year. People that know you see a dynamic stream of consciousness which, given the right amount of time and people support, develops idealistic and artistic themes into living and creative realities. It makes no difference whether they are software programs, pieces of art, strategies for corporations or new, holistic developments for organic gardening.

    Time is on Your Side

    There is no timeline or deadline for your accomplishments. They are never-ending because you will go back and transform them if they evolve into a different whole within you. That is why in school or at work you procrastinate until the last moment to finish a paper, an assignment for a project. If you do the work early, at the time it's due, you'll have to go back and change it completely because you see it in a different contextual whole. So, why redo it?

    How You Communicate with Others

    People want you to share your thoughts with them. That's because your ideas and expressions usually give a different slant on a topic or on what's happening. Many times they look to you for your awareness or guidance about something.


    You're an excellent communicator with individuals and small groups of three, no more than four people. You listen attentively to what people say, how they say it and what feelings are generated. When you give feedback, it is usually very sensitive and leads to further communication. You have an unusual awareness for what is happening to the person and others that are participating. It's almost like a sixth sense. Sometimes, people distance themselves from you because of this sensitivity and your feedback.


    Almost the same thing happens when you enter a room with conversant people. Without trying, you can feel the themes of the discussions and the feelings being expressed. As you join a group, people are drawn to you and have a need to express their thoughts and feelings in your presence. You seem to be a natural facilitator for communication on all levels.

    ----

    It's generally a very accurate description of me, the communication with others less so though.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-11-2009 at 07:23 AM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  26. #26
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DeAnte, You are a Driven Planner
    If there is such a thing as a purely rational person, you're it.

    The Ultimate Planner

    You are admired by many because of your thinking skills and the way you skillfully design your life and the steps in the lives of others. You're an excellent planner. Your opinions are treasured and trusted. Most people know that before you do anything or advise others about anything, you've reached broadly and delved deeply into the history and facts. Everyone realizes that you are most conscientious and respectful of doing the right thing in the right way.

    Checks and Balances

    Yes, yours is a life of checks and balances to the smallest decimal place. No detail is overlooked. You only take precise steps that are planned out well in advance. Thinking and logic are supreme. Knowledge is the foundation. Everything is a chess match at the Masters level!


    Sometimes when you take action, you do it directly and with authority. It's during these moments of immediate action that you surprise some people. That's because they mostly know you as a thinker and a planner, one who distances himself from the fray. What they don't realize is that you have a powerful side that can put into effect your articulate plans and follow them to fruition. It's almost as if you are transformed from Clark Kent into Superman. However, people that have known you for a long time recognize and respect this action part of your behavior. They know that you have this internal leadership drive that can kick in at the right moment if need be. That's another reason why they respect and follow you.

    How You Learn

    You are a lifelong learner. Everything is absorbed like a blotter by your lock-step memory. Then, it is carefully processed and contextually stored with other pertinent information. When the need arises, you retrieve and reprocess the information for appropriate applications. Rarely does your memory or logical use of stored information fail.


    You're not a risk taker. It doesn't mean that you're not adventurous. It means that before you take the first step, every possible move and option that can be controlled has been thought through thoroughly. You only like to deal with probabilities in your favor at 99.44 percent. Joy for you is minimizing luck.

    How You Interact with Others

    You're basically an introverted and low-key person who likes everything to be orderly and impersonal. Reserved, proper and calm are words that are often used to describe you. You usually don't like to interact verbally or personally with other people. You are independent and can be a loner very easily. Sometimes, your best friend is your computer and its Internet access.


    In a group setting you're usually very quiet and rarely volunteer to speak unless you have something very pertinent to say. Even then, you are reticent at best. However, if someone you respect directly asks you for your opinion, you'll answer if you deem the subject in question worthy of your attention. Then, and only then, will you respond in a thorough manner. If you are pushed to explain even more, you'll use historical and logical explanations, including answering all of the possible questions as to why your responses are correct. Thus, you'll not leave any rational leaf unturned and immediately you'll halt the possibility that someone else may question you again about this subject area.

    Leading Others

    Once in a while you'll tweak the group by taking a leadership role. You usually do this when there is a problem to solve and the group members seem to prefer sitting on their hands instead of taking action to solve it. It's then that you'll step in to organize the data gathering and the planning. You'll make sure the steps to be taken are practical and will lead to the successful accomplishment of reaching the goal. You'll then lead the charge and carefully measure the successes along the way.


    Given the right opportunity to debate someone of equal or greater intellectual stature, you'll jump at this fortuitous occasion. You'll enter this competition because you know that, win, lose or draw, you'll learn more than if you abstain. You're not afraid of losing face; after all, it's an opportunity to learn and achieve at a higher level. With you, there is no cost associated with learning, especially when it means you might become #1.

    How You Judge Others

    Sometimes, particularly when you're younger, you can be quite critical of others and haughty in your responses. In fact, as people speak, you are editing what they're saying and judging their intellectual capacity. At some point in your life, you'll recognize that you are much brighter and more knowledgeably prepared than most people. Thus, you have two choices as to how you are to respond: arrogantly critical or respectfully positive. Hopefully, you've had enough experiences in life to respond in the latter manner so that people will not be intimidated and discontinue relating to you.

    The Final Analysis

    Overall, your intellectual insights, planning and meticulous behavior are seen by others as a great asset to the team and the organization. People depend on your articulate advice and logical thinking. Just be patient with them in the beginning and let them know what you think in a positive manner.

    Yesterday I got Creative Organizer.

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  27. #27
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maria whatever, You are an Analytical Visionary You know how to mix the "how" and the "why."



    Description of the 4 Quadrants | Print Report | eMail to a Friend | Feedback

    Your Communication Style
    
    Creative Thinker

    You love to think, logically and creatively. You are most productive at work when you are solving problems by analyzing specific situations or by creating multiple options. You're adept at strategic planning at the highest levels.
    Sixth-Sense Awareness

    You are very aware of what's happening around you and/or what's going to happen in the future. It's almost like you have a sixth sense. You see the forest where most people are looking at trees or clumps of trees. This gives you a vision toward which to direct people's energies and thought processes. When you do this, people are amazed and excited about following your vision and strategies.
    You're also able to break the vision and strategies into workable components that are easy to understand because they are linear, logical and uncomplicated. You also always ask a very important question when you're thinking through the solutions: "What is missing or doesn't fit?" Others on the project are surprised when you question your own assumptions, facts and logic.
    Leading Others

    You have an unassuming manner in getting people to follow what you want them to do. Some of the reasons you're so successful at getting people to follow your vision and strategies are as follows:
    1. Before you speak and ask others to do something, you have the whole project meticulously laid out so it makes sense and it's easy to follow;
    2. You ask for input and genuinely try to accommodate the plan to what people suggest;
    3. When problems arise, you can be very creative in finding, or assisting others in finding, optional ways to handle the situations
    4. And, as a whole, your mannerisms and your ways of communicating are clear and personable.
    Your Communication Skills

    Your communication skills are exceptional. You have a way of making people very relaxed and open during a dialogue with you. You pick up the most salient points and nonverbal gestures during a conversation. Then, you imaginatively redirect them in along your own lines of thought so that people feel they have fully participated in the process.
    Respecting Others’ Needs

    The one thing you don't like to do is to push or cajole others into doing something they are resisting. Yes, the project must be finished, but not at the expense of other people's individual feelings or integrity. Your respect for the rights of others supersedes the immediate need to accomplish the goal as planned. You'll find a creative way to meet the challenge while including the personal preference of the individual. That's why people enjoy being on a team or project with you. It's also why many people follow you even though you don't like to think of yourself as a great leader.



    seems like a b.s. test.
    Last edited by implied; 07-11-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  28. #28
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was a Visionary. Sort of works. No better than any other profile.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  29. #29
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,008
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Analytical Visionary
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  30. #30
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Schizophrenic Visionary
    phixed.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  31. #31
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    damn, it's gone...

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    damn, it's gone...
    Hemispheric Dominance Test determine if your left or right brain hemisphere is dominant
    You responded as a right brained person to 3 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 15 questions.
    Learning Styles: The Thinking Styles Test
    Analytic.
    The Thinking Style Test - MIC Campus
    A.

  33. #33
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks, I noticed that left-brain is a little like process, and right-brain is a little like result, and global and analytic seem like they are composed of multiple socionic dichotomies; the four HBDI (Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument) quadrants A, B, C, D seem practically identical to the socionic quadras α, β, γ, δ, and are even in the same order...


    GLOBAL tendencies ........
    ANALYTIC tendencies ...................

    You responded as a right brained person to 6 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 12 questions.

    left brained

    Linear Processing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.
    Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
    Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
    Logical Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
    Verbal Processes thoughts and ideas with words.
    Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

    right brained

    Holistic Processing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
    Random Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
    Concrete Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
    Intuitive Processes information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
    Nonverbal Processes thought as illustrations.
    Fantasy-Oriented Processes information with creativity; less focus on rules and regulations

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Thanks, I noticed that left-brain is a little like process, and right-brain is a little like result...
    Could be.

    ....and global and analytic seem like they are composed of multiple socionic dichotomies; the four HBDI (Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument) quadrants A, B, C, D seem practically identical to the socionic quadras α, β, γ, δ, and are even in the same order...
    Haha. Haven't been thinking about it this way. Don't know if one can link them that way, but it's always something.

  35. #35
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    Left-hemisphere abstract like a mofo.

    The Logical Thinker
    If there is such a thing as a purely rational person, you’re it. Everything you think about and do needs to be analyzed and systematized logically. You live by deduction. First A, then B, next C…

    Everything is categorized into its place and function. Next, it’s checked to see if it’s factual and can be proven scientifically. Then, and only then, will you deliberately proceed any further.

    Checks and Balances
    Yes, yours is a life of checks and balances to the smallest decimal place. No detail is overlooked. You only take precise steps that are planned out well in advance. Thinking and logic are supreme. Knowledge is the foundation. Everything is a chess match at the Masters level!

    You’re not a risk taker. It doesn’t mean that you’re not adventurous. It means that before you take the first step every possible move and option that can be controlled has been thought through thoroughly. You only like to deal with probabilities in your favor at 99.44 percent. Joy for you is minimizing luck.

    The Ultimate Planner
    You are admired by many because of your thinking skills and the way you skillfully design your life and the steps in the lives of others. You’re the ultimate planner. Your opinions are treasured and trusted. Most people know that before you do anything or advise others about anything, you have reached broadly and delved deeply into the history and facts. Everyone realizes that you are conscientious and respectful of doing the right thing in the right way.

    How You Learn
    You are a lifelong learner. Everything is absorbed like a blotter by your lock-step memory. Then it is carefully processed and contextually stored with other pertinent information. When the need arises, you retrieve and reprocess the information for appropriate applications. Rarely does your memory or logical use of stored information fail.

    How You Interact with Others
    You’re basically an introverted and low-key person who likes everything to be orderly and impersonal. Reserved, proper and calm are words that are often used to describe you. You usually don’t like to interact verbally or personally with other people. You are independent and can be a loner very easily. Sometimes, your best friend is your computer and its Internet access.

    However, if you don't invest some energy and emotions into communication and relationships, you’ll be seen as boring, stiff and “nerdy.” Relating to others is almost always done in an intellectual manner. However, this raises a paradoxical dilemma for you because you’re human and innately should be relating to others emotionally and socially, as well as intellectually.

    In a group setting you’re usually very quiet and rarely volunteer to speak unless you have something very pertinent to say. Even then, you are reticent at best. However, if someone you respect directly asks you for your opinion, you’ll answer if you deem the subject in question worthy of your attention. Then, and only then, will you respond in a thorough manner. If you are pushed to explain even more, you’ll use historical and logical explanations, including answering all of the possible questions as to why your responses are correct. Thus, you’ll not leave any rational leaf unturned and immediately you’ll halt the possibility that someone else may question you again about this subject area.

    Given the right opportunity to debate someone of equal or greater intellectual stature, you’ll jump at this fortuitous occasion. You’ll enter this competition because you know that, win, lose or draw, you’ll learn more than if you abstain. You’re not afraid of losing face; after all, it’s an opportunity to learn and achieve at a higher level. You’re not worried about the cost of learning.

    How You Judge Others
    Sometimes, particularly when you’re younger, you can be quite critical of others and haughty in your responses. In fact, as people speak, you are editing what they’re saying and judging their intellectual capacity. At some point in your life, you’ll recognize that you are much brighter and more knowledgeably prepared than most people. Thus, you have two choices as to how you are to respond: arrogantly critical or respectfully positive. Hopefully, you’ve had enough experiences in life to respond in the latter manner so that people will not be intimidated and discontinue relating to you.

    The Final Analysis
    Overall, your intellectual insights, planning and meticulous behavior are seen by others as a great asset to the team and the organization. People depend on your articulate advice and logical thinking. Just be patient with them in the beginning and let them know what you think in a positive manner.

  36. #36
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Thanks, I noticed that left-brain is a little like process, and right-brain is a little like result, and global and analytic seem like they are composed of multiple socionic dichotomies; the four HBDI (Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument) quadrants A, B, C, D seem practically identical to the socionic quadras α, β, γ, δ, and are even in the same order...
    Possibly outdated but worth a read:
    William H. Calvin's THE THROWING MADONNA (Ch.10: Left Brain, Right Brain: Science or the New Phrenology? )

    Also:
    http://www.occamsdonkey.com/2008/08/...ght-brain.html

  37. #37
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i got analytical visionary.

    Creative Thinker


    You love to think, logically and creatively. You are most productive at work when you are solving problems by analyzing specific situations or by creating multiple options. You're adept at strategic planning at the highest levels.

    Sixth-Sense Awareness

    You are very aware of what's happening around you and/or what's going to happen in the future. It's almost like you have a sixth sense. You see the forest where most people are looking at trees or clumps of trees. This gives you a vision toward which to direct people's energies and thought processes. When you do this, people are amazed and excited about following your vision and strategies.

    You're also able to break the vision and strategies into workable components that are easy to understand because they are linear, logical and uncomplicated. You also always ask a very important question when you're thinking through the solutions: "What is missing or doesn't fit?" Others on the project are surprised when you question your own assumptions, facts and logic.

    Leading Others

    You have an unassuming manner in getting people to follow what you want them to do. Some of the reasons you're so successful at getting people to follow your vision and strategies are as follows:

    1. Before you speak and ask others to do something, you have the whole project meticulously laid out so it makes sense and it's easy to follow;
    2. You ask for input and genuinely try to accommodate the plan to what people suggest;
    3. When problems arise, you can be very creative in finding, or assisting others in finding, optional ways to handle the situations
    4. And, as a whole, your mannerisms and your ways of communicating are clear and personable.

    Your Communication Skills

    Your communication skills are exceptional. You have a way of making people very relaxed and open during a dialogue with you. You pick up the most salient points and nonverbal gestures during a conversation. Then, you imaginatively redirect them in along your own lines of thought so that people feel they have fully participated in the process.

    Respecting Others' Needs

    The one thing you don't like to do is to push or cajole others into doing something they are resisting. Yes, the project must be finished, but not at the expense of other people's individual feelings or integrity. Your respect for the rights of others supersedes the immediate need to accomplish the goal as planned. You'll find a creative way to meet the challenge while including the personal preference of the individual. That's why people enjoy being on a team or project with you. It's also why many people follow you even though you don't like to think of yourself as a great leader.

  38. #38
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Could be.

    Haha. Haven't been thinking about it this way. Don't know if one can link them that way, but it's always something.
    I tried but I could not take the HBDI test, even after I downloaded java, and apparently the http://secure.actualme.com/offer.php?id=5 link is still working, just not for me...I guess my computer just sucks...

  39. #39
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I tried but I could not take the HBDI test, even after I downloaded java, and apparently the http://secure.actualme.com/offer.php?id=5 link is still working, just not for me...I guess my computer just sucks...
    its here: ActualMe.com - Personality based marketing solutions!

  40. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jack Jill Test Results

    Here is your profile:

    Rationalist:

    "If there is such a thing as a purely rational person, you are it."

    Left Brain

    Communication Style

    The Planner and Logical Thinker

    You are the ultimate planner: a perfectionist. Everything has its place within the scheme of things. When you make plans, they are detailed, logical and progressive (A before B, then B before C, etc.) Before you take action, you've thought out all the possibilities and then decided on the most probable action to take.

    You love to anticipate problems. In fact, until something is accomplished correctly, you worry that something unknown may happen. That's why you check and recheck all of the details over and over before taking the first step in your plan of action.

    Solving problems is one of your greatest joys. Another is finding mistakes and correcting them. Most of the time, you see what's missing or what's wrong. That's why you make a great detective or editor. When you were younger, you would blurt out what was missing or wrong. With experience and some painful lessons, you've learned how to tone down your joyful discoveries so that other people aren't so upset with you.

    Your Work Preferences

    You enjoy a working environment with structure and procedures that are consistently and logically followed. You constantly ask for these structures and procedures from your supervisors and you provide them to the people you supervise. If these structures and procedures are not in place, you'll create them yourself and apply them to the situations and people surrounding you.

    You are a low risk taker. You don't like to put yourself into situations that are unsafe or have a chance of failure. That is why you always want to know the history behind every situation. It's through this historical perspective and always asking "Why?" before attempting any project or action that you insure a high probability of success. Therefore, almost any decision you make takes a longer time than most people need.

    How You Interact with Others

    Most of the time you are a fine listener and an observer of people in situations. Sometimes, you miss what's said or going on because you're cued in on the logic and words of the person or situation. You have a tendency to overlook the nonverbal cues and the tones of the participants' voices.

    This avoidance of the active or subtle emotions of others stems from your conservative display of your own emotions. When you are feeling some emotions, you rarely express them unless it is a desperate moment. No matter what the situation, you usually maintain a Mount Rushmore facial expression and a basic monotone voice. In business, this gives you an advantage over others because they don't know what you're thinking or feeling.

    Although you can relate to people on an everyday basis, it's just not what you love doing. Also, when it comes to sales or marketing, you're not a "rah-rah" interactive person. In fact, when confronted by these types of salespeople, you become irritated and dismissive. Your type of sales is well-planned, logically presented and low-key. You'll allow the facts and the logic of your presentations to guide the customer towards "Yes!"

    The Bottom Line

    Yes, you prefer analyzing and thinking through plans, ideas and numbers by yourself over action-oriented or discussion-oriented activities. In business, your bottom-line is dollars and cents. You are very resourceful with money and budgets. If given the right opportunity, you can stretch nickels and dimes into dollars by monitoring and planning the details of how money is acquired and spent.

    If you build a business plan, investors can be assured that the data and logic are based on factual assumptions rather than hope. Thus, whatever you project for profit has a high probability of being actualized in the future. If you are in charge of the finances and strategic planning, the probability of the business plan's successful implementation is even more positive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •