4 17.39%
  • "I'm a new soul!" [and I'm not an Alpha]

0 0%
  • "I'm an old soul." [and I'm not an Alpha]

10 43.48%

Thread: Alphas: old or young souls?

Creepy-

Default Alphas: old or young souls?

Which of these statements do you identify w more?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    ETA: both actually. Young in terms of Ne/Fe. Old in terms of Ti/Si.
    yes!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

Haha, if you knew me in real life you wouldn't ask that I have Alpha friends, though, whom I find interesting. One of them was singing that "New Soul" song, which prompted this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Which of these statements do you identify w more?
    that's a darn good question. What prompted it??
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Creepy-

well if the issue is just being emotive or not, then I know some alpha sfs that are pretty realistic people and not really emotive. you might also be alpha nt.
    No, that is not the issue - it's more a matter of how I go about things in general. And there's no way I'm Alpha NT. Alpha SF is something I considered, but it doesn't fit.

Creepy-

Oic. I wouldn't having you in alpha. But I don't wanna pry. It's your call.
    No worries... I'm open to type suggestions, though I think SLI feels most like "me."

Creepy-

I think you're probably delta from the overall feel of your posts.
    That's interesting - what does it mean? [if you feel like answering, that is] I am pretty unaware of how my posts "feel," haha...

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an old soul.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up with you lately, songofsappho? Are you studying spiritual doctrines or some shit?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What's up with you lately, songofsappho? Are you studying spiritual doctrines or some shit?
    lol

See what I wrote above - my ENTp friend was singing the song, "New Soul," and it just struck me bc he is an Alpha [aren't Alphas supposed to be the youngsters of the socion?]. I wondered if other Alphas would also consider themselves "new souls."

Is that okay w you, WP?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that song does that make me alpha now?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    I love that song does that make me alpha now?
    'fraid not. It makes you a Delta who enjoys an "Alpha" song, perhaps... but a Delta nonetheless :wink:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wanna click both young soul and old soul. I have the body of a teenager, the personality of a 7-year-old, and the mind of a 75-year-old.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-

No problem. You tend to have more of an intellectual interest in alphas. You look at them through the prism of their overall social role, which is probably more consistent with Fi than than Fe valuing. I can't really elaborate because i don't know you better.
    Oh, thanks for answering. Yeah, that sounds about right. And you were right about what you said before - I do like Alphas, but I probably get along a bit better w Gammas a lot of the time, at least irl. Well, actually, that's kind of a broad generalization; a lot of Alphas I know are really awesome people....

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'd go old soul, but it's hard to commit.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that okay w you, WP?
    Is what okay with me?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both! Alphas are reincarnated souls!
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Creepy-

Is what okay with me?
    I was joking.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was joking.
    I don't understand your vagness.

Creepy-

I don't understand your vagness.
    Prepare for some hardcore anti-vagueness: You asked why I had made this thread, [jokingly?] wondering if I had been exploring spiritual writings. This made me chuckle to myself, so after answering your question about why I had made the thread, I asked if it was okay with you. I concluded that post w a "wink," which I hoped would communicate the light-hearted nature of my response. You seem to have taken it in a way I did not intend, I attempted to answer that it was a joke, you interpreted that as vague, and I am now - in this post - explaining myself fully. The joke has now officially been butchered.

Yay, typed communication.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You asked why I had made this thread, [jokingly?] wondering if I had been exploring spiritual writings. This made me chuckle to myself, so after answering your question about why I had asked the question, I asked if it was okay with you.
    Yeah, I know. Your question just sounded kinda funny, like if you were asking for my approval/permission/whatever for something (which even in a joking manner didn't make much sense to me, lol.)

I concluded w a "wink," which I hoped would communicate the light-hearted nature of my response.
    oh don't worry, I got that. But I don't pay much attention to those (emotional/whatever) aspects of communication anyways so...

You seem to have taken it in a way I did not intend, I attempted to answer that it was a joke, you interpreted that as vague, and I am now - in this post - explaining myself fully. The joke has now officially been butchered.
    Nah, I didn't take it in an unintended way, it was perfectly clear how you meant it, I just found your question amusing. And when I asked you to elaborate what your question was refering to specifically, you gave me the "i was joking" response which I found to be vague (same as your initial question lol).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prepare for some hardcore anti-vagueness: You asked why I had made this thread, [jokingly?] wondering if I had been exploring spiritual writings. This made me chuckle to myself, so after answering your question about why I had made the thread, I asked if it was okay with you. I concluded that post w a "wink," which I hoped would communicate the light-hearted nature of my response. You seem to have taken it in a way I did not intend, I attempted to answer that it was a joke, you interpreted that as vague, and I am now - in this post - explaining myself fully. The joke has now officially been butchered.

Yay, typed communication.
    Nice, that's at least a couple times now, in the last week with alpha types...lol <- This comment said in a humorous and lighthearted tone. *to keep from any confusion.

Creepy-

Yeah, I know. Your question just sounded kinda funny, like if you were asking for my approval/permission/whatever (which even in a joking manner didn't make much sense to me, lol.)

oh don't worry, I got that. But I don't pay attention to those (emotional/whatever) aspects of communication anyways so...

Nah, I didn't take it in an unintended way, it was perfectly clear how you meant it, I just found your question amusing.
    You are a horrible-and-pretending-to-be-dense-and-or-irritated bastard.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are quite a horrible-and-pretending-to-be-dense-and-or-irritated bastard.

Hah, do I really come of that way? (I mean dense/irritated)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Nice, that's at least a couple times now, in the last week with alpha types...lol <- This comment said in a humorous and lighthearted tone. *to keep from any confusion.
    Listen folks, I don't care about your tone as long as what you say makes sense, alright?

Creepy-

Hah, do I really come of that way? (I mean dense/irritated/whatever...)
    Nah - just this one time, ime. That's why I thought you actually were irritated.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Songofsappho is Si subtype SLI so she shares values of both Delta and Alpha.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still like the idea of alphas being both young and old souls. Young souls because of their childlike joy and enthusiasm for new things, different experiences, their openness to adventure, etc. And old souls because of their love of comfort like grandma's apple pie and appreciation of tradition. But I think if I had to choose just one, I'd choose young. My 89 year old grandma and 92 year old grandpa were an ESE-LII couple and they seemed very "young" in many ways, right to the end. (Um, I should say SEEM about my grandma, because she's still alive.)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Songofsappho is Si subtype SLI so she shares values of both Delta and Alpha.
    Thanks for that profound insight, mike.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm. I could see points for being either young or old.
    When I was young, I took myself way seriously, and had very few friends my own age, although I got along fine with adults.
    The older I get, the sillier I get, and almost all my friends are now younger than me.

As for feeling whether I've had a bunch of lifetimes previous to this one or not, my skeptical mind balks at making any such conclusion. I've availed myself of woo-woo types of gatherings, books, and learned individuals (whom could have been somebody's guru but ultimately would not become mine), and I just don't see any reason to focus on that stuff overmuch. Maybe we've all got angels watching over us who guide us not only through this life but all the way into the next one or some such fantastical scenario, but I'm not going to believe it until I have some pretty damn convincing experience. In the meantime, even if we've only got this one life and at the moment of death it's really, truly, unequivocally over, it still kicks ass to BE alive, and I'm going to focus on THAT.

Heh. Maybe my soul is going through puberty. Or its mid-after-life crisis.

Edit: OMG, I just read the (Delta ST parts of the) post below and now I feel so fucking stereotypical: http://the16types.info/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=134
    Last edited by iAnnAu; 12-19-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    When I was young, I took myself way seriously, and had very few friends my own age, although I got along fine with adults.
    The older I get, the sillier I get, and almost all my friends are now younger than me.
    Yep, when I was young (ie 6-15), I acted extremely mature for my age, so mature that I couldn't make friends. lol. I think I was a small replica of my dad. Anyway, I grew out of that and every day, I become less mature and more silly.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Yep, when I was young (ie 6-15), I acted extremely mature for my age, so mature that I couldn't make friends. lol. I think I was a small replica of my dad. Anyway, I grew out of that and every day, I become less mature and more silly.
    Me too. I was quite a serious, responsible child, but I am getting sillier by the day!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could've written this <3

Although my silliness is possible less reckless and has more of a mature undertone now?

On second thoughts, perhaps not. Heh!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I could say the same thing of myself...
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe every alpha agrees with this????

NEW THREAD?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together