Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Cordelia Chase

Cordelia Chase from Buffy is a typical enneagram type 3. I see many American women especially following this same behavior, with the idealization of celebrities. She can be very outgoing but also biting and mean, completely trashing other people and ignoring their feelings.

american culture is sooo weird to me cause in high consumer outlets you have this thing where people sell a lot of high-priced shit and shit, and then you see homeless people and hippie activists near these places and it just seems surreal, bizarre- almost as if both the social worker and the consumer has to find some way to integrate themselves, like in more college-y towns, but you never see it, and it really annoys me. (Both the loser social worker and the high achiever and how... separate and distant it all is.) It feels soul-draining. I hate big cities lol.

Anyway, her bitchy attitude was fine in high school, but then she realized she cut off all ties to help her because of her shallowness and vindictiveness. She was unable to form 'emo bonds' that the 4s and 6s care about, and cared only about status, and it simply bit her in the ass. It woke her up fast, and she realized she had to start moving into her integration area - truly feeling other people's feelings and helping them overcome their psychological difficulties that keep them helpless. She then really grew to be a selfless person, until she kinda went too far in the other direction.

Then when she came back to life in that one episode (as an astral projection from the gift of the powers), she had a balanced self- and was able to integrate the contradictory natures within her. So she was self-confident and assured about helping others. She was a much better version of herself.

It's no mystery that 3s grow by being more like me - 6s. Her relationship with Xander (a 6) was all about this need. Also 6 and 4 writers are always very, very adapt at noticing when a 3 has become a sell-out, or if they're being truly honest and empathetic about what they're trying to accomplish/sell.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the same time millions of people were looking at that gorgeous girl, you were analyzing her personality. I admire you
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like healthy 3s, but I think I'm probably the most sensitive to unhealthy 3s. I remember, a lot of 3s in school especially would reaaaaly give me a hard time because despite being compassionate and shit, I just wasn't that talented at much of anything. So I was an easy target. I was never the worst at an activity, but also never the best- so I was easy prey to them to bully. (unhealthy 3s destroy the potential success of others, which is people caught up in the middle and are more naturally ambivalent. They wouldn't go after people with truly no hope at success, as that would destroy their own image.)

When unhealthy 3s see somebody that LOOKS like they should be able to do something, but don't- they say something mean/bitchy/preppy to them about it. They're actually not wrong, a 6 or 4 needs toughening up, but they need encouragement not destruction.

For example I knew this one 3 boy, that wanted to be an architect. He would volunteer at different places to build up a good community image about himself, but underneath he was a really big asshole to people that had the potential to be successful, they just didn't really value it during those days. His mom had this really big arrogant streak to her (she was also pretty fat) and she looked unhappy a lot of days. I always had this dorky/overly romantic expression, and I think it just clashed.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

At the same time millions of people were looking at that gorgeous girl, you were analyzing her personality. I admire you
    I'm sorry I can't help but be gay! I tried to change it but... I just am! I was too busy googaling over Riley and Angel.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

lol, I mean you make a good thinker
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh well yeah. And I agree she is beautiful. She kicked so much ass in You're Welcome.