Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Am I INTj or ENTp, please help

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Am I INTj or ENTp, please help

    Alright... if anyone can help me out with this it would be highly appreciated. My problem is that every time I take a test I come out as INTj (on mbti INTP)... but I feel as if my rough childhood caused me to act quiet, due to constant negative criticism from parents, and school, and freinds (I was an mmigrant and came to the US at age 6), and a lot of diappointment. It seems to me however that I was a lot more outgoing as a kid and extremely spaced out, I also think my hidden agenda is more, to be loved, and I like to invent new things that I can construct. When ever I went to pet an animal as a kid, if it walked away, I would feel extremely ashamed and would turn red (having love taken away?). I have tried doing it via relations and it seems to go both ways since INTj and ENTp are so close. In real life however I seem to see ENTp's as much less distant in terms of understanding, than INTj's. Is there any sure way to test this on the forum?
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  2. #2
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ill try and help you ...

    My problem is that every time I take a test I come out as INTj (on mbti INTP)...

    Well, have you taken the socionics type assistant? Because if you score as INTP on MBTI tests you'll probably score as P on the socionics type assistant. This is because their methods of measuring P vs J is pretty much the same, and they use pretty much the same criteria. I did not say this, Victor Gulenko did. Gulenko also said that if you score as INTP on an MBTI test you are proabably socionics INTp or ENTp, because he says, the MBTI tests are competent enough to decide if you are J or P.


    feel as if my rough childhood caused me to act quiet, due to constant negative criticism from parents, and school, and freinds

    I wont pretend that I know you or anything, but generally we blame social surroundings for our weakness in our POLR and role functions, at least socionists say so...and Im thinking that they might be right. Not sure what that has to do with your question, but keep it in mind.

    It seems to me however that I was a lot more outgoing as a kid and extremely spaced out, I also think my hidden agenda is more, to be loved, and I like to invent new things that I can construct. When ever I went to pet an animal as a kid, if it walked away, I would feel extremely ashamed and would turn red (having love taken away?).

    Im not sure what all that means in relavance to your type.


    I have tried doing it via relations and it seems to go both ways since INTj and ENTp are so close.

    Are they really? One type is extrovert, the other introvert. One type is rational, the other is irrational. One type's creative function is the other's base, function and vice versa. They dont seem so close to me in theory, even though everyone seems to think so. I havent known many ENTps or INTjs so I dont really know, im just speculalting. I guess that they are some similarities, but they arent that close, at least not in terms of behavior.

    In real life however I seem to see ENTp's as much less distant in terms of understanding, than INTj's

    I think ENTps would be less distant than INTjs in terms of anything.

    ENTps have more in common with INTps with INTjs. This is because ENTp is irrational, and INTj rational, which is, in my experience with relationships, one of the most important differences (if not the most important) between people. Its true that ENTps and INTjs have in their ego block, but the functions in the INTj serves a completely other purpose than in the ENTp.

    Or perhaps Im just a crackhead who has no clue what he's talking about, and everything I said above about INTjs and ENTps is just bullshit...you decide.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you got a sense of humour. and you think you're intj?

    sorry guys

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Am I INTj or ENTp, please help

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Alright... if anyone can help me out with this it would be highly appreciated. My problem is that every time I take a test I come out as INTj (on mbti INTP)... but I feel as if my rough childhood caused me to act quiet, due to constant negative criticism from parents, and school, and freinds (I was an mmigrant and came to the US at age 6), and a lot of diappointment. It seems to me however that I was a lot more outgoing as a kid and extremely spaced out, I also think my hidden agenda is more, to be loved, and I like to invent new things that I can construct. When ever I went to pet an animal as a kid, if it walked away, I would feel extremely ashamed and would turn red (having love taken away?). I have tried doing it via relations and it seems to go both ways since INTj and ENTp are so close. In real life however I seem to see ENTp's as much less distant in terms of understanding, than INTj's. Is there any sure way to test this on the forum?
    I always test as intj, too. But on mbti I test as entp, and I think that the mbti description fits me better. The socionics type description for entp is extremely negative . . . it's hard to see anything redeeming there, so I don't feel that it fits for me, but the functional assessment is on target. Go figure.
    Entp
    ILE

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is water already in milk :-)... Is there any direct method for differentiating ENTp from INTj by checking what types activate me more? or by testing my hidden agenda further in detail? or my point of least resistance?
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I definitly think my N is stronger than my T, but sometimes its hard to tell which one did the work :-). I am extremely spaced out and as a kid used to pick my nose, on stage, during a play, thinking that no one will notice :-). As a kid I always asked questions and was very social, but I think that my Ne allowed me to pick up on adult's disproveal when they didn't understand me, or when I wasn;t ethical in what I said, and I thought that I was a bad eprson and just stayed quiet and analyzed people before I opened up to them. One thing that I think is ENTp about me is how I have trouble giving others compliments but people somehow sense that I need compliments. After my depression a year ago, I have actually developed my relational ethics a lot I think, but its really hard to differentiate between functions and evaluate myself from within. Is there some kind of a) or b) questions I can answer to pin it down exactly? Thanks for all the feedback and help guys.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  8. #8
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Slava, off the bat you struck me as ENTp, I had trouble believing you were INTj. Eventually i just accepted it though.

    But we are all individuals. You could just be a weird guy. It's okay, i'm a weird guy as well.

    I'll also say this: I have had some very similar ideas to you as well, so when reading your posts i felt i was at a similar level of understanding.

    another thing- compare our little pictures we've got.

    something with sticking our tongues out at people.

    ENTp's are cool, man! don't be ashamed of who you are!!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He he he, I'm coming out of the ENTp closet in that case . Growing up in iowa I think made me ashamed of being ENTp, I was also an imigrant, abused as a child, and jewish in a 3/4 german, upscale town, and the fact that I was born gifted made me cause adults to scorn me for difficult questions I gave them, or the questions were taboo and went against their beliefs. I was also the fastest and strongest and relied on my strength potential as a deffense until almost everyone outgrew me in stature after 9th grade, which messed me up in the head too and made me egoistic. I have a high level of sensitivity and sometimes go over the top with ideas and jokes. So you are most likely correct, I think I am ENTp. Now I gotta deal with the following fact....

    Highest Average Annual Household Income
    (From highest to lowest)

    1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)

    and this

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp2.htm

    and the fact that most cult leaders are ENTp, and that the profile of a sociopath matches the ENTp description, and that the profile of a narcesist fits as well .... and so on . At least we are the most self improving type.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wilmington NC USA
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Highest Average Annual Household Income
    (From highest to lowest)

    1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)
    Does anyone know where I go to pick up my check? Do I show my official Socionics INTj ID???

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What modesty , is all about what is not said. Just kidding, but that does give me hope. I think when I was like about 6 years old, I understood that waving a flashlight left and right would cause it to make sine waves as it traveled away from the source. I still have a drawing I made when I was 3 of a machine that bakes cookies, using motors to pull the cookies thorugh with wheels and lamps to heat them, I'll try to get that scanned some time and post it.

    Does anyone know where I go to pick up my check? Do I show my official Socionics INTj ID???
    Hahahaha, We should have our type either on our drivers license or tatood on our foreheads :-), so cops know how to deal with us. "We got an ESTp driving a stolen vehicle down route 59... dispense the relation of supervision units..." But seriously someone needs to do statistics on mbti vs accident rate and stuff like that.
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alpha Squad! unite function rings! Ne! Ti! Fe! Si! with our functions combined, we will do absolutely nothing and come up with random ideas .
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    He he he, I'm coming out of the ENTp closet in that case . Growing up in iowa I think made me ashamed of being ENTp, I was also an imigrant, abused as a child, and jewish in a 3/4 german, upscale town, and the fact that I was born gifted made me cause adults to scorn me for difficult questions I gave them, or the questions were taboo and went against their beliefs. I was also the fastest and strongest and relied on my strength potential as a deffense until almost everyone outgrew me in stature after 9th grade, which messed me up in the head too and made me egoistic. I have a high level of sensitivity and sometimes go over the top with ideas and jokes. So you are most likely correct, I think I am ENTp. Now I gotta deal with the following fact....

    Highest Average Annual Household Income
    (From highest to lowest)

    1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)

    and this

    http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp2.htm

    and the fact that most cult leaders are ENTp, and that the profile of a sociopath matches the ENTp description, and that the profile of a narcesist fits as well .... and so on . At least we are the most self improving type.
    Actually, I think I like that type description better than the main one on the socionics website.

    Point of interest: why do entp's often test as intj's?
    Entp
    ILE

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We need more creative outlets. Pun intended. I got into trouble since I was an infant almost. Breaking things going where I wasn't, asking adults millions of questions....
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I'm INTj again... lol ... seriously. Maybe I'm just screwed in the head. I can type everyone except myself ... maybe its my lack of . "It is the shoe maker's son who walks without shoes" (i think thats the quote)
    -Slava


    What a great replacement for a nany

  18. #18
    Creepy-

    Default

    First correction:
    > I think Einstein was supposedly an ENTP

    Everywhere I have read Einstein was an INTP - which makes sence to me.
    The INs are usually the ones to invent theories, whereas the ENs are the onese to create inventions. I have read many places that Thomas Edison was an ENTP - which fits perfectly with the preceding description.

    ---

    I have only know a few EN*Ps in my life, but one common thing I have noticed is their ABSOLUTE refusal to do certain things based on some vague hunch.

    For instance, I sat down with my ENFP friend to listen to a record. After hearing the first 20 seconds of the first track, he decided it was "one of the worste records" he had ever heard. He was about to turn the thing into a frisbee before I stopped him.

    After forcing him to listen to a few other tracks, he recognized a few songs and remembered why he had bought the record. We have listened to the the record many times since.

    Another (shorter) story of an ENTP friend. Same type of story, ironically, it is also related to music. Basically, she told me she hated a certain genera of music, at the same time naming the bands she especially hated.
    Ironically, I snuck in one of those band's CDs and she said "hey thing is pretty good, who is this?".

    ---

    The bottom line:
    For me the above named characteristics is one of the most obvious characteristics that distinguish INTJs from ENTPs. I think INTJs are always looking to go more in-depth to reach the most accurate conclusions, while ENTPs will quit as soon as they are dis-interested.

    Keep in mind my observations are based on a limited portion of the EN*P community. Perhapse I'm basing my analysis on some outlyers. Or maybe even I am not an INTJ like I say I am, thus flawing my design even more. However, having not difinitive test,, and being an INTJ, I will prolly question m INTJness to the bane of my existence.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  21. #21
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    B. F. Skinner is my hero...not sure of his type.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like Hans Jürgen Eysenck. He was translated to Finnish too and made more sense to me then Jung or Freud when I was a kid.
    www.socioniko.narod.ru typed him as an INTP, I'd say either that or INTJ - same as always.
    According to his scales I am highly introverted and neurotic and borderline psychotic to boot.

    Originally according to Aushra, Thomas Alva Edison was ESTJ. He did work long hours, and all that inspiration and perspiration stuff...

  23. #23
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    I like Hans Jürgen Eysenck. He was translated to Finnish too and made more sense to me then Jung or Freud when I was a kid.
    www.socioniko.narod.ru typed him as an INTP, I'd say either that or INTJ - same as always.
    Funny, he looks almost exactly like B. F. Skinner, at least the old pictures do. Oh, and if he is indeed introverted, then you're exactly right - he's an INTj. But then again, I'm using strictly V.I., and I'm not really sure of your take on that.

    Oh, a while back, I read and enjoyed one of your very early posts, "Types and their pathologies." I must say, reading about Ludwig Wittgenstein is like looking into a mirror.

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    According to his scales I am highly introverted and neurotic and borderline psychotic to boot.
    I'm going to have to take this test.

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Originally according to Aushra, Thomas Alva Edison was ESTJ. He did work long hours, and all that inspiration and perspiration stuff...
    Makes sense. I was also thinking that B. F. Skinner was perhaps either an ESTj or ENTj. Guess I'll have to look into that.


    Your INTp friend,

    Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Eysenck

    According to himself Eysenck was clearly an introvert. I have no reason to disagree. Just thinking in terms of the Oldham Types I would say that he was clearly an idiosyncratic INTJ. It seems to me that Socioniko.narod.ru just cannot be trusted. Then again I could be wrong...

    Originally the test was in one of his books. There is a highly abbreviated minitest online: http://www.ship.edu/%7Ecgboeree/eysenckminitest.html

    More info about his personality theories:
    http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/eysenck.html
    He did have a habit of going for simplified explanations, much of his work has not fully stood the test of time.

  25. #25
    Creepy-aka Jr

    Default WOW There is someone else like me .. I was starting to worry

    I have taken these test for years, I have had paid professionals, full reports, free internet tests .. colour tests .. you name it ..

    I am asking the same question .. INTJ or ENTP .. They both fit me perfectly .. even the opposites .. I was starting to think I REALLY DO HAVE AN ALTER-PERSONALITY!

    I also didnt have the greatest childhood, my mum was great, but my stepfather (from like age3) .. well he SERIOUSLY doesnt understand me. I think it is a compensation .. I am not sure whether I am INTJ or ENTP .. but I am definitely both. One I think is real and one is "created" to "get on" with the rest of the world ..

    Transigent – Yeh .. good idea, but I am no better off .. The preference of the word EXACTLY is totally dependant on who is asking and exactly how important the information is. I would effectively make a “Judgment” partly based on fact and partly on “Perception” .. You get me?

    I know myself, I just do not understand myself very well .. Being understood is a totally different ball game.

    The mixing bit, well before I got there I was visualizing the mixing in my head .. it was very pretty .. Anyway, in a different field .. I do both, one precedes the other, but naturally which way round is just a matter of which I think of first .. pot luck .. I have no preference as long as I am interested!

    I also nearly burned my house down as a kid .. well I just wanted to know if it was true that cotton burns quickly, so I tried it out on a bed sheet on the radiator .. burned the whole carpet dragging it out and buried in the garden .. well I was only about 6 .. BIG TROUBLE .. mum did try to make up an excuse thou .. (bless ‘er cotton sox) .. (I did get a degree in Textile technology .. so it was all for a great cause!)

    I actually believe I am an INTJ, with some form of “connection” with ENTP .. but not sure how you can know .. anyway .. I will continue my search ..

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry to break it to you, but you are ESTj

  27. #27
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Slava is whatever type Ms Kennsington is.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  28. #28
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  29. #29
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreatuv
    Sorry to break it to you, but you are ESTj
    Kreatuv - Well at least that would fit into my ater-personality theory!

    My S scoring level is normally REALLY low .. I usually think that unjust .. I am a little confused why you say "sorry to break it to you" .. so I will read up what an ESTj is and then let you know if that shoe fits ..

    What I would appreciate you telling me is what you say that from what I wrote .. Please

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Wow Bohr ENTP... hmm.
    LOL!

    Yeah, the only reason I mention Bohr was because the paper on the Russian site discussed both Einstien and Bohr at once.
    I don't believe that either of them were Extraverts. Both had problems putting their thoughts into words for others to understand them. Bohr even had his Mom write his thesis for him because he couldn't put the words down himself. What a joke. Did they even bother studing these people?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally according to Aushra, Thomas Alva Edison was ESTJ. He did work long hours, and all that inspiration and perspiration stuff...
    Well, I think he was an SLI. For one, he had problems with paying attention and staying focused in school. Plus, his work just seems like that of an introvert. I read an autobiography by Ty Cobb and he talked about Edison in there (they met each other). He descirbed Edison as an observer; Edison went to batting practice one time to watch and learn how the game was played. Edison watched closely and observed the mechanics of all the ballplayers while they were warming up. After he did that, he stepped ito the box to take a swing, and he cracked the first pitch on a line back to the pitcher. That kind of concentration and studying of how people move and the like are characteristic of introverts.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  32. #32
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreatuv
    Sorry to break it to you, but you are ESTj
    Scrap that .. I think I just read why ..

  33. #33
    Creepy-aka jr

    Default Anyone understand this?

    This is the result of the Socion.Info

    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/html/resu...846095850.html

  34. #34
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTbloodyfuckingp.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •