TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI my cousin and her husband

Please?

P.S. I think there's a good chance they are duals.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm i hadn't read your dual comment and I thought they were almost definitely the Gamma Irrational dyad. SEE for her and ILI for him.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no way he's ILI. He is way too happy and soft hearted.
    First impression is she's LSI-Se, and he's EIE-Ni

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    ummm i hadn't read your dual comment and I thought they were almost definitely the Gamma Irrational dyad. SEE for her and ILI for him.
    I've considered Gamma as the most probably for them, though I'm inclined to go with rational>irrational. Not sure at all though. Kind of at a loss in determining their types, so I am open to any input.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    Interesting. I've considered this as a close second to Gamma rationals.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i can see that as well. ILIs can look happy and soft hearted. my dad does!

I think these are fairly obvious:
    -Duals
    -Sensor for the female; Intuiter for the Male
    -Ni/Se quadra

Does everyone else see that? Now for the rest...
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, I think Ni/Se quadra.
    ILI can look soft hearted out of pure effort, and a perceived need to appear that way so that people leave them alone. This is as far as it goes. When we are genuinely happy, it's something closer to mania, which is Se DS.
    There are some ILIs who seem stunted and constantly using their Fi HA function, but generally they will display sluggish, negative, soft emotion. Almost like having given up and in a state of inertia.
    The guy in the picture looks warm .. that is not something I can ever look like.
    The best way to type them then is for you, forum poster, to read intertype relations and see which best describe your relationship with this potential conflict type & quasi-identical type
    Also, the R.E.M. singer michael stipe is ENFj-Ni, so you can watch an interview of him and see if he shares similar mannerisms with the guy
    Last edited by crazedrat; 12-11-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to type them then is for you, forum poster, to read intertype relations and see which best describe your relationship with this potential conflict type & quasi-identical type
    oh that is what I meant actually. I'll edit. I cannot see Ne/Si at all.

"forum poster"? you just participated in a thread about me in which you were pretty confident about my type and I did just that (read relationship descriptions).
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking to sirena since she created this thread, and she is the one who has a relationship with these people to type. .. Also, ENFj is her quasi-identical and ISTj is her conflictor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry. my bad.
    i thought you were talking to me, since the first point was.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI can look soft hearted out of pure effort, and a perceived need to appear that way so that people leave them alone. This is as far as it goes. When we are genuinely happy, it's something closer to mania, which is Se DS.
    There are some ILIs who seem stunted and constantly using their Fi HA function, but generally they will display sluggish, negative, soft emotion. Almost like having given up and in a state of inertia.
    The guy in the picture looks warm .. that is not something I can ever look like.
    That's good advice and I'm currently working on that. I wanted to make sure, however, that I wasn't completely off with the types I was considering before going any further.

So def not gamma then? What about LIE/ESI?

Just some random info...my cousin and I have always had a 'weird' relationship, for lack of a better term. I think it could very well fit the quasi-identical description, but I'll look into it some more. Don't know much at all about LIE/IEE intertype relationship yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't seem LIE.
    Watch the interview of michael stipe.
    In the relationship with the male, if he were your quasi-identical, you would feel like you were being monitored and constrained. Like you have to justify everything you do. And on some level there is an understanding that you are perfectly justified in doing these things.. but merely that you have to consciously justify it is what becomes somewhat tiresome. Also, he will seem to make judgments which are stunted.
    The girl in the picture doesn't VI as ESI, and she has the tone of Fe IMO. She lacks the passion of a Fi dominant type. Also, the guy is holding a rose .. explicit or material displays of affection such as roses or christmas cards are more Fe oriented. Fi types will prefer that the love between them remain fluent, and not be pinned down into any particular thing, like a rose, which may have its place, but in excess seems to cheapen it for them.
    More observations... the guy just seems too warm for Te dominant. They can be very abrasive. Jim Morrison is ENTj-Ni, for comparison

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't seem LIE.
    Watch the interview of michael stipe.
    In the relationship, you would feel like you were being monitored and constrained. Like you have to justify everything you do. And on some level there is an understanding that you are perfectly justified in doing these things.. but merely that you have to consciously justify it is what becomes somewhat tiresome. Also, he will seem to make judgments which are stunted.
    Nah, I meant her as LIE. I could be totally off there though.

Thanks a lot for that explanation. I have a hard time just going by reading descriptions. There could be some truth to that in my relationship with my cousin, actually.

So yeah, I wouldn't even consider LIE for him. I think ESI might work though. They very much seem infantile/caregiver IRL (her being the infantile and he the caregiver).

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah wait, I guess you guys have already said that she definitely seems like a sensor and he as an intuitive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems EIE-Ni and she seems LSI-Se.
    You should feel uncomfortable when you're around them, like you really can't be yourself.
    Is this accurate?
    ESI is not infantile/caregiver. Ni/Se quadras are victim/aggressor. However, EIE-Nis will seem like the caregivers in the sense they 'lure in' the aggressor with a Se 'state of common material comforts'. That is an illusion. They're not interested in actively taking care of the LSI-Se, but in providing an environment where the LSI-Se can aggressively pursue their own interests, which EIE-Ni is now a part of.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guy: Si-ISTp
    girl: Fi-ENFp
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually .. that is possible strrrng, even though it's completely the opposite of what I was thinking.
    There is this weird opposite thing happening again.
    I need more information on their personalities to know

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems EIE-Ni and she seems LSI-Se.
    You should feel uncomfortable when you're around them, like you really can't be yourself.
    Is this accurate?
    ESI is not infantile/caregiver. Ni/Se quadras are victim/aggressor. However, EIE-Nis will seem like the caregivers in the sense they 'lure in' the aggressor with a Se 'state of common material comforts'. That is an illusion. They're not interested in actively taking care of the LSI-Se, but in providing an environment where the LSI-Se can aggressively pursue their own interests, which EIE-Ni is now a part of.
    Umm yeah sorry, my mistake re: infantile-caregiver I had also considered ILE/SEI for them and that's what I was thinking about at the time.

So you meant EIE for him??? Ohhhhh. Hmm I have to say I have a hard time seeing him as the extrovert and her as the introvert. I'd say temperament-wise he's either Ip or Ij (Ij>Ip) and she's Ep or Ej (Ej>Ep). And I think this is too strong in them to ignore.

I'll say she can definitely seem "fake" to me at times, though I love her a lot. She likes to give off an air of refinement. The way I see their interactions...he's definitely the more practical one. Taking care of daily things like household chores, bills, etc...even though she's an accountant. Not that you have to be an accountant to pay bills. Anyway, I don't think he's particularly open and warm. They've been together for many years, but my family initially complained that he didn't seem attentive enough to things like greeting people when he walked in a room. They saw him as cold and rude, until they just got used to him. This never bothered me at all though. He tends to approach people individually. He usually won't approach me in a group setting, but he'll come and talk to me at an opportune time to ask me about my life. Subjects tend to be Fi-related and he tends to skip any small talk others might find necessary to initiate a conversation. We don't get to talk often though.

I'll try to think of more observations later. Not sure why I particularly focused on him rather than her here. I guess my relationship with her is more complex since I know her a lot better and have layers upon layers of factors to consider.

Overall, I'm having a hard time narrowing things down and limiting my options (when it comes to typing in general). I almost see possibilities anywhere.

Anyway, I very highly doubt he is EIE.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    guy: Si-ISTp
    girl: Fi-ENFp
    That was my first idea about them. No doubt about the guy, ISTp. The girl is ENFx. I hope they are duals!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta or Gamma Rationals?

I'm leaning towards Delta.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are really surprising suggestions since I'm pretty sure her and I aren't identicals and they're not conflictors. FWIW, I have a stronger case for her not being ENFp than him not being ISTp.

I'll post more about this later.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she reminds me of myself a little, sirena. heh. not sure if i am projecting similar features or what, but something i identify with there.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    she reminds me of myself a little, sirena. heh.
    Weird. You were the first person that came to mind when I saw her. But I didn't want to point it out, to avoid implying anything (recent diana thing). But yeah, strong resemblance.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Weird. You were the first person that came to mind when I saw her. But I didn't want to point it out, to avoid implying anything (recent diana thing). But yeah, strong resemblance.

yeah, i had a feeling that's why you were saying ENFp.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i had a feeling that's why you were saying ENFp.
    It's more of a reason why I would say ENFp for you, than ENFp for her

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she really does look like me. kind of creepy really.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her demeanor is also similar to yours, in a way. Some sort of friendly reservedness. Plus you both seem static > dynamic. Fi ftw

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she reminds me of myself a little, sirena. heh. not sure if i am projecting similar features or what, but something i identify with there.
    Actually, I can really see that. What does that mean though?? You're untyped.

P.S. I doubt you're ENFp though...same with my cuz.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Actually, I can really see that. What does that mean though?? You're untyped.

P.S. I doubt you're ENFp though...same with my cuz.
    lol, SO DO I. SO DO I. if you really wanted to stretch, it could mean we're similar types. but then, i am basically someone that no one can really agree on, typewise. so it's a little useless.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, SO DO I. SO DO I. if you really wanted to stretch, it could mean we're similar types. but then, i am basically someone that no one can really agree on, typewise. so it's a little useless.
    Hey you never know. We might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone with this thread.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is no one buying ENTj for her, ISFj for him?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    The guy reminds me of a male version of Minde.
    I think that's possible. FWIW, I do think it's highly likely that he's Ij and she's Ej. So let's see, if we narrow it down this way it means our options are: INFj/ESTj, ISFj/ENTj, ISTj/ENFj and INTj/ESFj. Any VI impressions that confirm any of these?

I'm still open to my being totally wrong about that though, so...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll add one more opinion to this crazy mix:

Guy = INFp
    Girl = ENFj

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brushing up on dichotomy definitions. I think she is ENFj and he is ISTj. The descriptions fit them quite well also. Will read intertype relationship descriptions.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Since there are several methods for typing people (VI, analyzing lifestyle and job, intertype relations...) we can hedge at least one of the ego functions of the people being analyzed, so I don't understand why some members cannot decide wether a friend of theirs is ESTj or INFp, for instance.
    Now I just wanted to say that I bet my ass to guy-ISTp and girl-ENF*
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alpha nt sf couple. alpha nt is woman, alpha sf is man.
    asd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Now I just wanted to say that I bet my ass to guy-ISTp and girl-ENF*
    I initially thought the guy was ISTp and the girl ENFj, but that relationship would not be likely. I then thought ISTp-ENFp, but the fact that Sirena--being in the best position to type them--has said that the girl is most likely not her identical, leads me to believe that the girl is in fact an ENFj, making it very unlikely the guy is an ISTp (no matter how much he VIs as one).

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

What I am gonna say has nothing to do with these particular guys on the pics. People are unable to type their friends and I don't get it: how can a bricklayer be an ENTj, or a US Military member an INTx? People's lifestyle tells us what we need to know to type people, testing sucks. VI, yes, but what about fat people with unclear facial features? Returning to lifestyle, I know some people who took tests and 99% of them claim they are alpha NTs (mainly because it rocks and everybody accepts that alphaNTs way of life is the one that everybody should have) but they live anything but a nerd life. Many ISFps consider themselves INTjs and at the same time live an hedonistic life -nothing wrong with it- and most girls who take this kind of test claim they are INFjs -because INFjs behave the way women should behave.
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Brushing up on dichotomy definitions. I think she is ENFj anad he is ISTj. The descriptions fit them quite well also. Will read intertype relationship descriptions.
    ISTj is questionable; generally types with Se in their ego block are a little more connected to their external environment and the camera than your cousin's husband. Notice that he is not looking directly at the camera in a number of the pics. ENFj-INFp FTW!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight away i thought she looked like Maria. No idea about them, i think the guy seems quite feminine to me with his pink shirt on and the way hes kind of holding that flower. The way shes kind of leaning towards him in her pics is quite awesome.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast