Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: infj, intj, or possibly a ntp

  1. #1
    Creepy-male

    Default infj, intj, or possibly a ntp

    I have read and looked up stuff and taken tests, I am at odds whether I fit mostly under the infj, intj, or a entp or intp type -- whats a good way to tell which one I lean towards?

  2. #2
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say ISTp since you lean to so many types. If you've been around many different people a lot you'll learn to respond in many different ways (as typical for most ISTps) and thus usually get confused about your type. ISTp's have 'intuitive' methods of looking at things, but sometimes I feel it's more of introverted sensing than intuition. I was once believed to be an F type by my ENFp friend, and an N type by many others. Well in the end I'm an ISTp. To differenciate just ask yourself, which world you live in most of the time, the physical or spiritual (mental) world? I used to believe I was 'N' because I daydreamed a lot but I realised my world is more sensual than make-believe; the reason why I thought I was N was because I was mislead into thinking that S types are very literal and unable to think in an abstract manner. I also believed that I was F because of I was influenced greatly by my hidden agenda, however I lived most of my life in a rational and logical manner, which for an ISTp, means that anything which takes more energy and is less fulfilling then anything else which I could be doing should be avoided at all costs. I used to believe I was a J because of certain moments of organisation (which is very necesarry in a life of a P). But honestly I live most of my life in a relatively random manner.

    Hmmm. My guess is that you are not F, you want an objective answer and you're going to do your own research, that could make you ST (gathering information and coming up with your own objective answer), and instead of researching first, you asked us. Well that's because it would have been much easier to get an answer from us then from your own research . That's what I'll do as an ISTp. Your reflections show a tremendous ability of introspection. You are probably introverted.

    So what's your type? Go and do some research, ask yourself some honest questions, and find out
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: infj, intj, or possibly a ntp

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    I have read and looked up stuff and taken tests, I am at odds whether I fit mostly under the infj, intj, or a entp or intp type -- whats a good way to tell which one I lean towards?

    maybe check out the opposite of each, and find which one you hate the most? INTjs opposites are ESFps...

    Actually, if you are an INTj, you may not get along so well with an INTp, and vice versa. But 2 INTjs can get along with each other fairlywell, and same for 2 INTps... (I've had a history of having intial conflicts with INTp types, so that is a factor in saying I have several INTj qualities)


    that, and check Path of Least Resistances



    INTjs are very health concerned, worried, etc...
    But then again they tend to "know" what they are, it has been said...



    PS: check out the links in the General Discussion section to find some good information
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (I can't tell if I like you or not yet, so I can't say if you're in Alpha quadra)




    just joking, somewhat...




    PS: my "intuitional reading" thus far (which really is a guess right now) is INTp.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  5. #5
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I personally think INTp -- but I am still curious what you think ...

    thanks for the advice, after looking a little more into it, I think that I am definitally an introvert, I have my moments when I feel uncomfortable around new people, but that isn't always the case, it just depends on my mood and the company I am in, but more importantly I have a very powerful ability to introspect. I also am also confident that I lean towards intuition rather than sensing, while I usually like to deal in the present in a realistic manner and I love stimulating sensations, I am mostly focused on my future goals and aspirations and love to think about the past, I also lean way more towards the theoretical and abstract, sometimes working out things completely abstractly and then applying it as a whole to reality and revising the abstract in both thinking and feeling. However my biggest question is in the area of thinking and feeling, I am sensitive and therefore prone to introverted feeling and feeling as if I have done what is ethical is a nice feeling even when its intuitive and not just sensational, but I hardly ever place my internal sense of justice and ethics under anothers feelings and have a tendancy to think I am always right unless I understand why, which I am willing to debate at some time with the person. I take offense when others begin to try to critize my actions as being wrong and at first try to deal with the small amount of anger with seeking understanding, if the person I feel is unreasonable then I can easily take on a debate in a devastingly defensive and rational manner. In addition to this I view ethics and justice as the same, emotion response to ethics as a call to analyse the justice behind it and work out a solution that compromises with ethics. I also am extremely analytical and very good with mathematics, proofs, and theoretical physics, not to mention I find such things interesting (yeah I know I am a nerd lol). Then I am a little at odds with percieving or judging because I gravitate towards percieving cause I can seem a bit forgetful, habital, and procrastinating at times but still can effectively organize. So if I haven't bored you yet....
    so from everything here and my general writing attitude, I wish to find your opinion on IN(?)(?) and why is def appreciated

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My universal suggestion to everyone now is just read Jung's descriptions of the types, really, they're that good. I can't imagine many people being confused about their types if they bother to read through them. The way Jung describes them in "Psychological Types" is sort of like him being in your head your entire life, like he knows exactly how you think and view the world.

    Also, a lot of people end up being a completely different type then they thought to begin with, so you may be none of the above types you mentioned.

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  7. #7
    Creepy-male

    Default

    That would be helpful, do you know any link of the top of your head to the jungian types, I have only been so questioning because my friend thinks me to be INTj and I am really in disagreement, but he doesn't know much of the theory he is basing it on me being analytical and he saw newtons picture on the keirsey website and thought I was really smart and could make a good mathematian, so anyways if you got a link it would be helpful, but I'll prolly search for it anyways

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, I edited the link in afterwords.


    BTW, I thought Sir Issac Newton was an INTp. He had a problem expressing his thoughts into words, which is often a problem for Ixxps. Newton had his Mom write his thesis for him because he found it too difficult to do himself.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  9. #9
    Creepy-male

    Default

    oh man thats hilarious, maybe I am not a Ixxp cause I would hate to have my mom do something like that, but maybe I am lol

  10. #10
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    oh man thats hilarious, maybe I am not a Ixxp cause I would hate to have my mom do something like that, but maybe I am lol
    You don't sound really NT to me. You definately don't sound INTp. You use words like "hilarious" and "lol". Have any INTp here ever used word "hilarious" . An INTp version of the above quote would be something like: "thats sad, I would hate to have my mom do that". Those sweet little INTps (ok I can't type you based on one quote but anyways :wink .

    Have you read ENFp description? Or INFj? Your nick is somewhat NF. INTjs come in all shapes and colours so I'm not dismissing that option either. Of course INFp is always a good guess here

  11. #11
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your username seems pretty to me. Just that alone makes me believe that there's a chance that you're INTp, but don't take my word on it.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  12. #12
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I feel alot like INTp but still other times alot like INFj and yet my friends seem to think INTj, but me I am thinking whatever I am what I am, but mostly I think I gravitate towards INTp as the strongest of the 3, I definitally think the description between the INFj to a ESTp fits perfectly with one of my friends that now we always argue about stuff to an insane level and always end up infuriating each other profoundly. So in conclusion I think INTp but with a bit of INFj and INTj flavour, which is what makes me unique. Tell me if you think I am off base lol

    crap now I looked up and and that seems alot like me too ENTp -- whatever lol I'll stick with INTp as the primary, I mean though it is theoretically possible for a person to balance T with F or J with P or such, or to be a tad bit off with the theories, since they are archtypes and paragon examples and not 1 to 1 things much like ionic and covalent compounds and chemistry are not 100% but in shades of gray.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you have trouble relating yourself to outside "objects"? Like, if you were to view something, what would you think about? Would you think how it relates to you, or something completley different? Do you feel like you can just "feel" other people, such as, you just "know" when someone's being honest to you/lieing/etc.?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  14. #14
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Hm well first off I think N more so than S because I percieve objects in future and past (present to but from the idea of intervals as a stage of development) and apply what I sense into an abstract framework, I definitally don't have trouble relating myself to things but its my abstract intuition about myself to my abstract intuition to the object not the reaction to the object as in what sense or sensation is created. I see non people things in terms of possible ultility but see people things in terms of possible potential. The way I see ultility is about how it functions as a mechanism in a larger concept, and if I have time to percieve more on it those concepts are analysed into a larger one. When I seek to understand a function of something in a system I recalled the concept and analyse it into it instead of take it for what it is. However I see materials as useful for engineering pursuits and people as useful for humanitarian pursuits. People are analysed into their function in progressing human potential and what value they pose to society and things analysed into their function in performing a task for nature or practical use. I can usually feel a vibe for a persons emotional problems if not expressed, but before I fully take a course and make a judgement I usually analyse what I know into why they would have a problem and then comprimise it with the vibe to formulate some theory on why they feel a certain way so I'd say my Thinking is more dominant than my feeling. Alot of time though I have complex emotions like vibes I get in certain moments in my life and alot of time I can't classify them as sad or happy or something simple like that, a simple example being everytime I have to go do something the next day I unconciously get a vibe about how its gonna suck and it kinda takes the fun and joy out of things while I am not conciously focused on that, much like a sunday before a test in school on monday. There are more complex example of things and alot of times I am like "oh yeah I've felt like this before when it was this time" though I always trust in theory and logic more than I do to vibes and feelings.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Your username seems pretty to me. Just that alone makes me believe that there's a chance that you're INTp, but don't take my word on it.
    God, I would die before I had to use a name like that. HaveLucidDreamz. The name in itself is bad but the z does nothing for the issue. This person isn't INTp, he isn't even NT, I can't realate to anything he/she posts.

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Hm well first off I think N more so than S because I percieve objects in future and past

    I see non people things in terms of possible ultility but see people things in terms of possible potential.

    People are analysed into their function in progressing human potential and what value they pose to society and things analysed into their function in performing a task for nature or practical use.

    I can usually feel a vibe for a persons emotional problems if not expressed, but before I fully take a course and make a judgement I usually analyse what I know into why they would have a problem and then comprimise it with the vibe to formulate some theory on why they feel a certain way so I'd say my Thinking is more dominant than my feeling.

    There are more complex example of things and alot of times I am like "oh yeah I've felt like this before when it was this time" though I always trust in theory and logic more than I do to vibes and feelings.
    I can relate to all these quotes. You say you trust theory and logic more than to vibes and feelings. Do you trust your personal experience more than you trust a theory? Do you enjoy reading theory even if you think it is of no practical use?

    I'm starting to get ISTp vibes from you. Hah, I used the word "vibes". That is kinda ISTp. I can relate to you in many ways. I could even use z in my nick. I don't relate in everything though.

    I thought I might be INTp before I met INTp people and before I understood how Si works and how it is different from Ni and Ne. You seem to seek practical use or potential in everything you see and that is very ISTp. I'm a bit confused. I thought you were NF or maybe INTj but now you are starting to sound more like ISTp. I'm resting my case for now :wink:

  17. #17
    Creepy-male

    Default

    well I hardly place my experiences over if I think it would work in theory, I don't think in "common sense" but in what is conceivable, and I do enjoy reading theory just for the fun of it, but once I've gotten a little bit more decisive on what I think I am I am more convinced to be practical in my communication to convey my views rather than intuitive. as I understand it INTp is introverted intuition and jungs description of that fits me well I believe. I put the z cause its my aim name lol and one with an s is taken, plus it adds a little flair style and uniqueness to it, however lucid dreams are a very intuitive thing if you've ever experienced one or read up on them, very keyed towards intuition in the sense that you are conciously aware of your dreaming and can even mold you surrondings within the confines of the dream... it not about sensing, its about imagination.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •