9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The awesome type!

Sorry - nothing of value to add really....
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any reason to reconsider IEE for you. Nothing would even seem to point away from Delta imo. I think you're good. Why do you ask though? Been considering other possibilities?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few voices to question it is enough for me to reconsider it.

I haven't really considered another type in particular, but that's the point of this thread is to see if something does come up.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-

Oh, I just saw this - I have to go now, but will post later [didn't want you to think I was ignoring the thread]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one makes me laugh like tereg in such a short amount of time.

Ergo, you must be delta.

Hope I helped you narrow it down.

Edit: I have so many things that are on the tip of my tounge to help you out but I just can't form my words right now.

Don't you just love your dual now?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    A few voices to question it is enough for me to reconsider it.

I haven't really considered another type in particular, but that's the point of this thread is to see if something does come up.
    Well, I could possibly see you as an alpha SF, just slightly more reticient given your interactions with your father which sounded like it was pretty meaningful (like some kind of Ti/Te PoLR hit) and you strike me definitely as having an ethical point of view and not very into what is tossed around as Se/Ni. I guess I'm saying SEI is at least something to ponder, but meh like I know what I'm talking about wrt socionics.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always seen you as a very good benchmark ENFp, tereg (Fi sub IMO). I'm not sure what reasons you have for reconsidering, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter. Generally, I see delta values in you, especially regarding your interactions in stickam. You always seemed to enjoy that quiet, more serious (from my beta POV) atmosphere, where people could sort of sit back, keep to themselves (or interact, but it wasn't some 'necessity', as it typically seems to be with Fe-valuing quadras), and enjoy the Si environmental dynamic (or whatever you want to call it). So, if you are considering ISFp, I would say that you don't seem to place enough emphasis on, or be actively involved enough in, creating, maintaining and guiding any external (as in, between objects) emotional dynamic (especially within an Si context, as that takes more immediate, continuous work; whereas beta Fe will come more in jolts).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a bit of friendly (unsolicited) advice (and I don't know if this applies or not, but...)

It is not a good idea to reconsider your type after a lot of drama or a tumultuous situation. You're just going to be filled with doubt or uncertainties and questioning lots of things. You'll get a more accurate read when things are "normal". Big changes or strange situations can be good for getting you to see things you haven't before. But on the whole, it's better to wait for strange periods to pass.

I say that because of what I've seen in others and in myself.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You strike me very much as a delta NF. Probably more EP than IJ it seems, and I've generally seen you as an ENFp.

I really liked your comments on social issues or what people needed to do, like during the actually happening of the first stickam rift thing, and I think those were fairly delta comments.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Cyclops

As you know Tereg I gave my view on your type on other thread without my reasons. Suffice I see INFp Fe or ISFp. Sorry, I've got nothing to really add to your thread at present in regards to my reasons. Basically because these sort of threads have a tendency to turn into a war of understanding and I can't be bothered with that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF. Behavior leaning toward INFj, but not sure about how your mind works. INFj-Ne subtype or ENFp-Fi subtype, because you're too closely between those types.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Tereg, from our IMs, I am 100% positive of Delta NF.
    I think ENFP is right and that you're a more "low-key" version of it than I'm used to; more similar to Rick. But I wouldn't be aghast if you turned out to be INFJ.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I've always seen you as a very good benchmark ENFp, tereg (Fi sub IMO). I'm not sure what reasons you have for reconsidering, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.
    I've always had a thing with nagging questions that never seem to go away. I feel like they just can't be ignored for some reason. Even if I hear others say or get a sense that what I'm exploring is rather unlikely or I get a sense that most likely nothing comes out of it, it's just this urge or instinct I have to and must try to address it. It's a feeling of incompleteness that I can't rid my mind of. It always seems to lurk under the surface, an aside here, a comment there, and then when I begin to see the sentiments start to pick up steam that have been lurking or disorganized, I notice it right away and I feel compelled to address it. Even if that means "starting from scratch" (even though it's impossible to really start completely from scratch, but I mean in the sense of building up details for a particular type), so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Generally, I see delta values in you, especially regarding your interactions in stickam. You always seemed to enjoy that quiet, more serious (from my beta POV) atmosphere, where people could sort of sit back, keep to themselves (or interact, but it wasn't some 'necessity', as it typically seems to be with Fe-valuing quadras), and enjoy the Si environmental dynamic (or whatever you want to call it). So, if you are considering ISFp, I would say that you don't seem to place enough emphasis on, or be actively involved enough in, creating, maintaining and guiding any external (as in, between objects) emotional dynamic (especially within an Si context, as that takes more immediate, continuous work; whereas beta Fe will come more in jolts).
    This is what I'm confused about with respect to how people see how I perceive . While I have an understanding as to how this external emotional dynamic can be manipulated, I don't feel ... so compelled to act upon it. It doesn't come off of me cleanly, it feels kind of hackneyed at times. But I certainly recognize what's happening in that space though.

Also, I personally don't see how people gather or ego from me, and I have yet to hear a compelling case for either one of those. So if anyone has evidence that this is the case, please bring it to my attention. That's why I made this thread again; to give people another chance to expound their case.

(Edit: "sufficient" evidence isn't really mandatory I guess, since people can have general impressions without evidence. Sorry about that. In any case, this is your chance to explain it out if you can for reasons behind or ego)
    Last edited by tereg; 12-09-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know you but I read your posts . I can see you as IEI but it doesn't quite click. IEE, IEI, SEI, EII these are all types that I can see for you but only you can tell what really fits.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sort of side-note observation: I can completely imagine tereg getting extremely repulsed by a very beta atmosphere, lol. Just like "shut the fuck up and leave me alone" type of thing. Alphas tend to respond to gamma atmospheres (if you can call them that) with a sort of puzzled dismay, and wish they would "lighten up." I see tereg as essentially being able to understand the inner Fi states without needing ostensible Fe demonstrations.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always had a thing with nagging questions that never seem to go away. I feel like they just can't be ignored for some reason. Even if I hear others say or get a sense that what I'm exploring is rather unlikely or I get a sense that most likely nothing comes out of it, it's just this urge or instinct I have to and must try to address it. It's a feeling of incompleteness that I can't rid my mind of. It always seems to lurk under the surface, an aside here, a comment there, and then when I begin to see the sentiments start to pick up steam that have been lurking or disorganized, I notice it right away and I feel compelled to address it. Even if that means "starting from scratch" (even though it's impossible to really start completely from scratch, but I mean in the sense of building up details for a particular type), so be it.
    I should also note, this also runs along the same lines as my response in the "When someone disagrees with me on an issue I care about, my first instinct is to" thread. You'll note the parallels between them.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENFp fits fine (which I may or may not expound upon later), but I understand why you made this thread. I've done similar. Explore the possibilities, tereg, explore the possibilities.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-

[I'm not doing this right now.]
    Last edited by female; 12-09-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT, discuss my type.

We'll start with a clean slate again.
    Permission to speak freely on the videos you made for me?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Permission to speak freely on the videos you made for me?
    Permission granted. I also tried to PM you a couple of months back for webcam chat correspondence, but you were blocking all PMs.

If you need other video responses (a la how Rick conducts them), or would still like to do a correspondence, please let me know.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Permission granted. I also tried to PM you a couple of months back for webcam chat correspondence, but you were blocking all PMs.

If you need other video responses (a la how Rick conducts them), or would still like to do a correspondence, please let me know.
    I had blocked my PM's and removed most of my personal info, because someone hacked my account by exploiting a vulnerability in VBullletin.

My opinion about you after you made the two videos, as well as watching other videos made by you:

First, the two videos made by you. There were two videos of about 9 minutes each. 18 minutes in which you didn't say much or something significant. Most of the time you were scratching the back of your head, the overall impression of your body language told me that you (most likely) are afraid to speak your opinion. To put it differently, imho, you are afraid of being criticized, to the extent that you shut down. Not just a little bit, but to an unhealthy extent. This is not impossible for in IEE, but not very likely. In fact, it's only very likely if you have been criticized the shit out of you, typically by an overcritical parent. Result: emotional inhibition. Bottom line: to me, you do not seem to act according to your true nature.

If I include the other videos I have seen of you, and the overall impression I get from your posts, I'd say you have bigger issues than figuring out your Socionic type. I will therefore refrain from speaking out on your type.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to have some big issues with criticism, so let me criticize you... Haha, just kidding.

I think IEE. My main experience is from video chatting with you, and I thought our conversation developed along typically IEE-IEE lines. I did not see you as being particularly subdued.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Rick. Tereg and i have shared some very similar viewpoints quite a number of times. Its possible hes INFj aswell i suppose as i dont know that many ENFp and INFj males. I definately feel Ne from him and i dont get any from him at all really (which is what i notice in most Intuitives). I think IEE is most likely still.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impression when you came here was IXFp, both personality and VI-wise. Getting to know you better online, I'm ok with ENFp, but I don't think some IXFp-Fe type is implausible either.
    Last edited by Park; 12-10-2008 at 01:45 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To put it differently, imho, you are afraid of being criticized, to the extent that you shut down. Not just a little bit, but to an unhealthy extent. This is not impossible for in IEE, but not very likely. In fact, it's only very likely if you have been criticized the shit out of you, typically by an overcritical parent.
    The way that Tereg acts i think is similar to how i would act in most of my videos if i did them. The reason i dont make videos is because i am afraid that my impression would be shitty in them. I dont have much to say, and and not that interesting under focused attention like that. I would just feel shy doing something like that and odd, i like to react to people in person. Plus i often am reluctant to voice my opinion as i realise that opinions are like ass-holes (everyone has one )

I hate criticism. I definately take it fairly well just like the type description says but i basically want to fight it not accept it normally. My dad is hyper critical of me (ISTj) and i know what its like trust me. Anyway shit not to hijack but i dont think the way he acts is that unusual at all? Basically all the ENFp's ive met are somewhat subdued in most circumstances. I tend to be quietish a lot of the time when others are noisy. I normally only inject some Jazz into something if others seem bored / quiet.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-

Tereg, I'd like to answer but I am concerned what I say will be taken as criticism/a personal attack of some kind [and I generally don't like it when people call other people out on their self-typings].

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Tereg, I'd like to answer but I am concerned what I say will be taken as criticism/a personal attack of some kind [and I generally don't like it when people call other people out on their self-typings].
    At the risk of sounding masochistic, but attempting to be objectively honest, I will say this: today I reminded myself that sometimes the truth hurts. consentingadult spoke his mind. Did it hurt? Yes. Was there truth in what he said? Yes. Does it suck that such are the state of affairs for me? Yes.

It's sobering. To assess my own self and across my past and realize again that I've been like this for quite a long time. I feel emotionally bare and exposed in a way, but not sorry that I did. If it means that people learn more about the essence of who I am and maybe a little bit about themselves, then it will always be worth it. But at the same time I wonder if I'm doing something crazy or doing myself a disservice each time I reveal more about my character. For the time, I'm more inclined to say that it's worth it.

As much as I hate going through these introspective and depressive cycles about sobering facts about myself, that alone shouldn't prevent you from speaking your mind. At least that's my opinion about it.

The decision is ultimately up to you.

But, I do want to say that specifically with you, conversations with you, IM chats, stickam chats, having the opportunity to meet you on the Atlanta trip, that ... I have a sense of the kind of impression generally speaking that I leave on individuals. And for one reason or another, a lot of the conversational topics that I believe I had with you were such that my frame of mind differered from I guess "standard" conversations I've had with other people, whether I was feeling depressed or I was trying to do or be too much or other factors (I don't really want to elaborate on these things here) that I felt like the impression I was leaving with you wasn't really in line with what I would deem a "normal" impression of me.

I can explain that more in detail another time, but I do know specifically this was the case in many of my various conversations with you.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt pretty positive of your IEE-ness (and my lack thereof) after that aim conversation we had. Which was sort of ironic, being that we were talking about how we could be identicals. :-p I can't really isolate traits ... but it was the same general feeling I get with other Ne-dominants - that the conversation just sort of sails along pretty effortlessly and changes directions smoothly. Sorry I can't get more technical than that. )c:

I really don't see ISFp as likely at all. Especially from your videos ... seems like you get lost in some abstract world while you're talking - something which I've never been able to do.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, when the beat of the song starts at 0:42 it almost looks like you're beatboxing it.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm also of two minds about speaking further. I kinda feel like you are quite a sensitive person and i'm reluctant to speak in a way which could be construed as criticising, which wouldn't be my intention but would somehow feel this way. End of day you know yourself better than anyone, re your typing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    My first impression when you came here was IXFp, both personality and VI-wise. Getting to know you better online, I'm ok with ENFp, but I don't think some IXFp-Fe type is implausible either.

basically, my impression = identical to yours. i remember thinking IXFp when he first came here, but now i don't have such a problem with IEE.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

consentingadult spoke his mind.
    For the record: I used to be afraid of criticism as well, to the extent that my life ran into a dead end, and that I still suffer from occasional mild depressions. I had to learn the hard way that expressing myself and how other people feel about that, are two separate things that should not be interconnected (I assume that everyone understands that this does not mean you're allowed to act like a jerk). I even think this is a core issues for many IEEs that have, for some reason, never learned to authentically express themselves: to learn to express yourself regardless what other people think of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record: I used to be afraid of criticism as well, to the extent that my life ran into a dead end, and that I still suffer from occasional mild depressions. I had to learn the hard way that expressing myself and how other people feel about that, are two separate things that should not be interconnected (I assume that everyone understands that this does not mean you're allowed to act like a jerk). I even think this is a core issues for many IEEs that have, for some reason, never learned to authentically express themselves: to learn to express yourself regardless what other people think of it.
    Yes!!! So well said. My IEE best friend actually always says "no one can make you feel bad except yourself." And it's totally true. People can be mean. But how you choose to react to it, whether or not you value it, is within your power.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Yes!!! So well said. My IEE best friend actually always says "no one can make you feel bad except yourself." And it's totally true. People can be mean. But how you choose to react to it, whether or not you value it, is within your power.
    Exactly! That's my motto (one of the many) as well.

Creepy-Cyclops

I have heard an ESFp say this as well. Wonder if it is some sort of creative Fi link.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I have heard an ESFp say this as well. Wonder if it is some sort of creative Fi link.
    I think creative Fi types find feelings very malleable. I certianly do, i do what i want with them. That is why ESFp's are people that can go through terrible emotional trauma and somehow handle it ok. Of course they still get the better of me often, but not usually for very long at all.

I saw something of myself in that video. The drudgery of life can absolutely annihilate enfp's. Ive seen it before in others and in myself. It even happened to Mark Twain who seemed to me to feel unhappy and alone when he died.

One of the most important things ive learnt is that i cant think my way out of problems. I have tried deliberating for years on end and its never worked. Its something to do with my Fi + Ne + Ti polr im sure. Only way to get out of a funk is to work your way out of it with the external life things mate
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    I think creative Fi types find feelings very malleable. I certianly do, i do what i want with them. That is why ESFp's are people that can go through terrible emotional trauma and somehow handle it ok. Of course they still get the better of me often, but not usually for very long at all.
    Interesting. I've sometimes thought to myself that they say this not in so much that they mean it, but more so to try to convince *themselves* that it's true, that they can change their feelings, because although they know how they feel is down to them, they can't stop themselves from feeling a certain way also, and maybe it gets frustrating! What do you think?

One of the most important things ive learnt is that i cant think my way out of problems. I have tried deliberating for years on end and its never worked. Its something to do with my Fi + Ne + Ti polr im sure. Only way to get out of a funk is to work your way out of it with the external life things mate
    So true.

@Tereg, hope my questions aren't de-railing your thread.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 12-10-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Interesting. I've sometimes thought to myself that they say this not in so much that they mean it, but more so to try to convince *themselves* that it's true, that they can change their feelings, because although they know how they feel is down to them, they can't stop themselves from feeling a certain way also, and maybe it gets frustrating! What do you think?
    Yeah im not entirely sure ive just been for a walk thinking about this kind of stuff. Well to me it seems like ESFp's seem to shrug stuff off. They seem to notice the feeling, and then banish it but without being an ESFp i cannot say how, and i cant seperate how say Ne and Se would handle this differently. I find that i can also do this, i can notice a feeling and then just accept and drop it. Its an interesting paradox because i think that the feelings are more easily accessible to the feeler and as a result have more of an impact to their state of being. I think that with having a constant storm of emotions right there in your ego, it allows one to become somewhat of a master of them because they can directly influence and work with them if that makes any sense.

I am very very well aware of how thoughts lead to emotions, and by using logic and perspective i think you can handle them fairly well. Ive seen thinkers get very caught up in their emotions, because they perhaps seem to have less access to them. For this reason they seem to persist longer and be harder to deal with than they are for me.

Ya know.. I just dont quite know what the fuck im talking about right now . I definately dont quite have a handle on this but i find it interesting. If someone would like to tell me what they think i wouldn't mind.

@Tereg sorry mate lol lets get your thread back on track.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast