9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The awesome type!

Sorry - nothing of value to add really....
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any reason to reconsider IEE for you. Nothing would even seem to point away from Delta imo. I think you're good. Why do you ask though? Been considering other possibilities?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few voices to question it is enough for me to reconsider it.

I haven't really considered another type in particular, but that's the point of this thread is to see if something does come up.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    A few voices to question it is enough for me to reconsider it.

I haven't really considered another type in particular, but that's the point of this thread is to see if something does come up.
    Well, I could possibly see you as an alpha SF, just slightly more reticient given your interactions with your father which sounded like it was pretty meaningful (like some kind of Ti/Te PoLR hit) and you strike me definitely as having an ethical point of view and not very into what is tossed around as Se/Ni. I guess I'm saying SEI is at least something to ponder, but meh like I know what I'm talking about wrt socionics.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always seen you as a very good benchmark ENFp, tereg (Fi sub IMO). I'm not sure what reasons you have for reconsidering, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter. Generally, I see delta values in you, especially regarding your interactions in stickam. You always seemed to enjoy that quiet, more serious (from my beta POV) atmosphere, where people could sort of sit back, keep to themselves (or interact, but it wasn't some 'necessity', as it typically seems to be with Fe-valuing quadras), and enjoy the Si environmental dynamic (or whatever you want to call it). So, if you are considering ISFp, I would say that you don't seem to place enough emphasis on, or be actively involved enough in, creating, maintaining and guiding any external (as in, between objects) emotional dynamic (especially within an Si context, as that takes more immediate, continuous work; whereas beta Fe will come more in jolts).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a bit of friendly (unsolicited) advice (and I don't know if this applies or not, but...)

It is not a good idea to reconsider your type after a lot of drama or a tumultuous situation. You're just going to be filled with doubt or uncertainties and questioning lots of things. You'll get a more accurate read when things are "normal". Big changes or strange situations can be good for getting you to see things you haven't before. But on the whole, it's better to wait for strange periods to pass.

I say that because of what I've seen in others and in myself.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I've always seen you as a very good benchmark ENFp, tereg (Fi sub IMO). I'm not sure what reasons you have for reconsidering, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.
    I've always had a thing with nagging questions that never seem to go away. I feel like they just can't be ignored for some reason. Even if I hear others say or get a sense that what I'm exploring is rather unlikely or I get a sense that most likely nothing comes out of it, it's just this urge or instinct I have to and must try to address it. It's a feeling of incompleteness that I can't rid my mind of. It always seems to lurk under the surface, an aside here, a comment there, and then when I begin to see the sentiments start to pick up steam that have been lurking or disorganized, I notice it right away and I feel compelled to address it. Even if that means "starting from scratch" (even though it's impossible to really start completely from scratch, but I mean in the sense of building up details for a particular type), so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Generally, I see delta values in you, especially regarding your interactions in stickam. You always seemed to enjoy that quiet, more serious (from my beta POV) atmosphere, where people could sort of sit back, keep to themselves (or interact, but it wasn't some 'necessity', as it typically seems to be with Fe-valuing quadras), and enjoy the Si environmental dynamic (or whatever you want to call it). So, if you are considering ISFp, I would say that you don't seem to place enough emphasis on, or be actively involved enough in, creating, maintaining and guiding any external (as in, between objects) emotional dynamic (especially within an Si context, as that takes more immediate, continuous work; whereas beta Fe will come more in jolts).
    This is what I'm confused about with respect to how people see how I perceive . While I have an understanding as to how this external emotional dynamic can be manipulated, I don't feel ... so compelled to act upon it. It doesn't come off of me cleanly, it feels kind of hackneyed at times. But I certainly recognize what's happening in that space though.

Also, I personally don't see how people gather or ego from me, and I have yet to hear a compelling case for either one of those. So if anyone has evidence that this is the case, please bring it to my attention. That's why I made this thread again; to give people another chance to expound their case.

(Edit: "sufficient" evidence isn't really mandatory I guess, since people can have general impressions without evidence. Sorry about that. In any case, this is your chance to explain it out if you can for reasons behind or ego)
    Last edited by tereg; 12-09-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-

Oh, I just saw this - I have to go now, but will post later [didn't want you to think I was ignoring the thread]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one makes me laugh like tereg in such a short amount of time.

Ergo, you must be delta.

Hope I helped you narrow it down.

Edit: I have so many things that are on the tip of my tounge to help you out but I just can't form my words right now.

Don't you just love your dual now?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT, discuss my type.

We'll start with a clean slate again.
    Permission to speak freely on the videos you made for me?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Permission to speak freely on the videos you made for me?
    Permission granted. I also tried to PM you a couple of months back for webcam chat correspondence, but you were blocking all PMs.

If you need other video responses (a la how Rick conducts them), or would still like to do a correspondence, please let me know.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Permission granted. I also tried to PM you a couple of months back for webcam chat correspondence, but you were blocking all PMs.

If you need other video responses (a la how Rick conducts them), or would still like to do a correspondence, please let me know.
    I had blocked my PM's and removed most of my personal info, because someone hacked my account by exploiting a vulnerability in VBullletin.

My opinion about you after you made the two videos, as well as watching other videos made by you:

First, the two videos made by you. There were two videos of about 9 minutes each. 18 minutes in which you didn't say much or something significant. Most of the time you were scratching the back of your head, the overall impression of your body language told me that you (most likely) are afraid to speak your opinion. To put it differently, imho, you are afraid of being criticized, to the extent that you shut down. Not just a little bit, but to an unhealthy extent. This is not impossible for in IEE, but not very likely. In fact, it's only very likely if you have been criticized the shit out of you, typically by an overcritical parent. Result: emotional inhibition. Bottom line: to me, you do not seem to act according to your true nature.

If I include the other videos I have seen of you, and the overall impression I get from your posts, I'd say you have bigger issues than figuring out your Socionic type. I will therefore refrain from speaking out on your type.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to have some big issues with criticism, so let me criticize you... Haha, just kidding.

I think IEE. My main experience is from video chatting with you, and I thought our conversation developed along typically IEE-IEE lines. I did not see you as being particularly subdued.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Rick. Tereg and i have shared some very similar viewpoints quite a number of times. Its possible hes INFj aswell i suppose as i dont know that many ENFp and INFj males. I definately feel Ne from him and i dont get any from him at all really (which is what i notice in most Intuitives). I think IEE is most likely still.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    To put it differently, imho, you are afraid of being criticized, to the extent that you shut down. Not just a little bit, but to an unhealthy extent. This is not impossible for in IEE, but not very likely. In fact, it's only very likely if you have been criticized the shit out of you, typically by an overcritical parent.
    The way that Tereg acts i think is similar to how i would act in most of my videos if i did them. The reason i dont make videos is because i am afraid that my impression would be shitty in them. I dont have much to say, and and not that interesting under focused attention like that. I would just feel shy doing something like that and odd, i like to react to people in person. Plus i often am reluctant to voice my opinion as i realise that opinions are like ass-holes (everyone has one )

I hate criticism. I definately take it fairly well just like the type description says but i basically want to fight it not accept it normally. My dad is hyper critical of me (ISTj) and i know what its like trust me. Anyway shit not to hijack but i dont think the way he acts is that unusual at all? Basically all the ENFp's ive met are somewhat subdued in most circumstances. I tend to be quietish a lot of the time when others are noisy. I normally only inject some Jazz into something if others seem bored / quiet.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-

Tereg, I'd like to answer but I am concerned what I say will be taken as criticism/a personal attack of some kind [and I generally don't like it when people call other people out on their self-typings].

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tereg, you are like one of the best examples of an Fi dominant on this forum. Watching videos of you and how you interact with members, it shows.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is as good as a time as any to finally post this.

This was me 17 years ago.

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why did you post that? You are not EII.

You were a sweet, inventive kid, people loved you. That doesn't make someone EII. Please try to consider that and understand.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Maybe because it's an incredible display of -dominant?
    It is not a display of Fi; it is a display of inventiveness, and creativity. That is not Fi. Fi is ethics of relationship...there is no where in Fi that Fi is creative and inventive. There are not functions displayed in the video that differentiate the person's type.

It would be far more Ne or Se then anything else. You have to be able to see objects and conceptualize them in order to create them. Fi is not about base balls.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    He was someone who cared more about improving someone else's quality of life, valuing the relationship between David and himself more than his own academic grade or other previously started idea. That's .

You will predictably claim this is just that he was a kind, considerate child but that those qualities do not make him an EII. However, that argument is exactly what you go around this forum arguing about yourself as to why you are an EII. So which is it, Maritsa? You can't have it both ways--you don't get to keep the double-standard.
    Fi values relationships not base balls. Fi is about bonds between people. Humanitarians about focus on immediate relations, EII does not invent things to improve their quality of lives. They advise, speak, fight for causes, give psychology, counsel.

This is from silverchris:
    "So, I've been thinking a lot lately about Fi, and how it's so often associated with morality, despite the fact that at the most basic level, it's just about the bonds between people.

What I realized is that Fi does have to do with morality, in a certain sense. This is because, since Fi focuses on the bonds between people, it also focuses on what will help and what will harm those bonds on a far deeper level than any of the other functions. This is the connection to morality. Specifically, I think a connection can be drawn between Fi and deontological ethics. Deontological ethics focuses on what should and should not be done to another person, i.e., bonds of obligation. This is precisely what Fi focuses on. Fi is not so much about making moral judgments about other people, and when paired with Ne, it actively avoids assuming that a person will always behave in a certain way because "that's the kind of person they are." Rather, Fi is concerned with the bonds of obligations of certain types of relationships. Fi is the voice that cries, "you can't do that to another human being," focusing on the obligation one member of the human race has to another. To do harm to another human being is to harm the implicit bond that exists between human beings. It is the voice that says "a husband should behave in a certain way towards a wife," and this assumption has its ultimate roots in an apprehension of what will help the bond and what will hurt the bond.

This clears up a quandry I was in about determining whether a given judgment is Fi or Ti related. Both Fi and Ti are inclined to make generalized prescriptions about what should or should not be done in general. Both Fi and Ti make "rules". But Ti rules are rooted in avoiding logical contradictions between givens: given that a king is greater than a subject, and given that a subject correcting a king implies the reverse, subjects should not correct kings. That's an extreme example, but you get the point. Fi rules, as I have said, are rooted in information about what will help or harm a bond between a group or pair of individuals: since making jokes about weight will hurt the feelings of an overweight friend, one should not make jokes about weight, especially around that overweight friend.

Hurting someone's feelings is something that Fi types try to avoid, for two reasons: first, because the attention to the bonds between people gives Fi types great capacity for empathy, and secondly because feelings in the sense of subjective sentiments from one person about another are a type of bond, or emotional relationship, between two individuals, something of which Fi types are extremely aware.

Also, note that an Fi type can use their understanding of relationships to hurt as well as to help. An Fi-ego can deliberately take actions that they know will hurt or sever the bond between herself and another person. But they usually feel bad afterwords, especially deltas (ESIs can be a little more ruthless, as can SEEs)."
    -

Creepy-cinq

I guess this is as good as a time as any to finally post this.

This was me 17 years ago.
    This is certainly interesting insight. I'm curious, what motivated you more to do this invention? Was it a question of doing something to improve someone's life that lead you to invent? Or, you simply love to invent - create systems and designs? Also, how much does your Dad influence your path?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    This is certainly interesting insight. I'm curious, what motivated you more to do this invention? Was it a question of doing something to improve someone's life that lead you to invent? Or, you simply love to invent - create systems and designs? Also, how much does your Dad influence your path?
    At the time of Little League tryouts, I had a science project to do in school. The project that year was to invent something. Originally, I wanted to invent something completely different, but I changed my project (to the detriment of my grade) to invent something for David. The reason why it was a detriment was because we were already a couple of weeks into the project, and the first phase was already done. Changing my project would give me 0 points for the first phase (because it would have been late).

My dad was a little league director and was responsible for overseeing the tryouts, and since he was a coach too, he also was responsible for drafting kids for his team after tryouts. I did not go to the tryout that David had tried, but my dad told me immediately about what he had seen, which was when I first had the idea of changing my invention project to something that could help him.

Edit: My dad certainly was an influence in helping me with the project, there is no disputing that. But he most certainly did not do the project for me. My dad is a very astute person. So, what he did for me during this process was he would ask me questions to provoke thought. He wouldn't tell me the answer, he would ask me questions so that I could learn at how to arrive at the answer. My dad of course had to teach me skills to be able to complete the project (like for instance, how to sew leather together to make a glove, since he repaired baseball gloves as a side hobby).
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT, discuss my type.

We'll start with a clean slate again.
    Hi Tereg,
    Its been a while since we chatted.

I have never seen you as ENFp first and foremost. From day one, my original opinion of you has been ISFp. (that might make us duals of some sort since nowadays i am leaning towards ENTp)I couldn't figure out what people were seeing in you to suggest ENFp so obviously. I have known of lots more obvious cases IRL. Since a lot of people have suggested ENFp for you, i wasn't gonna go against that as there was no reason. I see a possibility for ENFp but that, all in all, would be somewhere around my 2nd choice or 3rd. I've only seen the video questionaire you sent me as well as one other video though. I'll have to watch videos 2 and 3 to contrast any differences in behaviour and the reasons for it.

ttys, imo.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Creepy-

Tereg, I think you know this, but at the risk of being redundant I want to put it here to make it official - I'm thinking ISFp, especially after the videos and more talking. I can list reasons if you want....

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Regarding his somewhat intermittent effusiveness (picturing him doing the t-reg, the movies he made with friends, how he made love to those chips on stickam) I'd say that's something I probably wouldn't find myself or my IEE best friend doing. While I sort of have to admit that it's seemed 'out there' when tereg has done these things it's always been the case imo that he's done them to lighten the mood (Fe to an Si purpose). Maybe the 'off' quality was because it was a poor use of it (strong Fe but not valued) or because I may or may not value Fe. In any case, I'd say that it was goodhearted and that I can't imagine any SLI deeply enjoying it (not that they can't just in general).

Just some thoughts.
    Actually, I think that's a great point. I couldn't see myself doing that comfortably either and like you said, would have a hard time imagining an SLI enjoying it.

tereg, can you speak as to your purpose for doing these things? To lighten the mood, etc...BTW, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it and it's not a criticism, but I agree with mune and it's something I'd also noticed. Just trying to figure out your motivation to try to help you figure this out.

P.S. At the moment I see SEI>EII>IEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Actually, I think that's a great point. I couldn't see myself doing that comfortably either and like you said, would have a hard time imagining an SLI enjoying it.

tereg, can you speak as to your purpose for doing these things? To lighten the mood, etc...BTW, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it and it's not a criticism, but I agree with mune and it's something I'd also noticed. Just trying to figure out your motivation to try to help you figure this out.

P.S. At the moment I see SEI>EII>IEI
    Hi there Sirena, how's it going, umhh...i like IEI but...are you sure you are Ne subtype ?? i tend to like the Fi designation on you. Your large eyes seem to suggest more of an Se awareness attributable to Fi.... not that that's the only factor

edit: IEE
    Last edited by kensi; 12-15-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.zshare.net/video/52751525b6adf143/
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Hi there Sirena, how's it going, umhh...i like IEI but...are you sure you are Ne subtype ?? i tend to like the Fi designation on you. Your large eyes seem to suggest more of an Se awareness attributable to Fi.... not that that's the only factor
    Hey there! Is this directed at tereg or me (the subtype comment)? IEI-Fi? Was that a run-on sentence? A typo?

thanks, will look at it and comment at some point tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there! Is this directed at tereg or me (the subtype comment)? IEI-Fi? Was that a run-on sentence? A typo?

thanks, will look at it and comment at some point tomorrow.
    Oh sorry, obviously meant IEE. I think it would be quite a bombshell if i out of nowhere junped to IEI, haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wish i was there.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    [...].

Great post, Ssmall. This was my original instinct as well - to just stay out of it - and now I think I am going back to it.

Tereg, you know what I think, so there's no sense in me presenting any more "evidence" or whatever. I think Ssmall is right: even though you have said you want to hear people’s thoughts on your type, it seems to make you uncomfortable [and maybe defensive in a way that I do not understand]. This thread does appear to be on its way to becoming a trial or a circus - or possibly an exercise in groupthink. That said, I hope you'll consider everyone's input here as I think several people [Sirena and Munenori2 come to mind in particular] have made excellent points that have not yet been taken up.

I’m sorry if I sound like I’m losing patience... as I have said to you many times and as Ssmall said above, your socionics type doesn't matter nearly as much as who you are as a person. I hope you figure it all out; I don't doubt that you will. In the end, of course, it's your call.
    Last edited by female; 12-16-2008 at 04:45 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

I feel sort of similar to SSmall and SongofSappho here, in terms of posting. Like I have mentioned in some of my posts already, although the thread has been opened by Tereg to discuss his type, I feel in two minds wither to post or not. Suffice it to say that end of day it is your choice what type you are, and I've said to myself that my posting at least may help provide you with some information to help you make your decision..end of day it is your decision what type you are..but in the big scheme of things, type is (I think) pretty irrelevant in life and everything else that goes with it..plenty people learn and grow and be themselves without knowing about socionics..maybe they are lucky ones :-)

Creepy-

[I'm not doing this right now.]
    Last edited by female; 12-09-2008 at 08:26 PM.