View Poll Results: What kind of diet do you maintain?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • My diet is healthy and balanced, and I pretty much always keep a check on whatever goes in my mouth

5 8.06%
  • I have my weaknesses, but I'm also conscious of how healthy or unhealthy the things I eat are

28 45.16%
  • I eat healthy things sometimes, but I also have a bit of a sweet tooth

7 11.29%
  • I eat mostly junk food, but occasionally consider my health

9 14.52%
  • Judging from my nutritional intake I should have died 3 years ago

7 11.29%
  • Other (please specify)

6 9.68%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your eating preferences

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat to stay alive it varies really. I'm going to live to be an old man let's put it that way, but I'm not going to be overly concerned about it what its not the right appropriate time, meaning I will eat whatever. I was trained well as a kid and had some exposure to the right way of eating so I have an amazing good foundation. Its just finding the time AND the money because that's what really give you the chance to eat well.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to eat primal (modified paleo) but have zero resistance to pizza, pasta, chocolate cake, cola and gummy snakes. Burgers, fries and noodles are so damn convenient.

Maybe I should rather say that I eat a tonne of wheat, sugar and seed oil and then pretend twice a week that I'm Mark Sisson.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to eat only anti-inflammatory foods because I'm sick. I'm tending towards vegetables as only source of carbs + meats. I'm also trying to avoid foods that digest as acidic, and avoid sugars (though I just accepted a sugary drink from someone and now my mind feels shitty). So far I've made several disgusting creations, but maybe necessity will improve my "cooking."
    Last edited by marooned; 07-03-2018 at 05:48 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most of the time I just eat simple healthy food. Oatmeal, meat, yogurt, etc. It's not hard to prepare and it does the job. To really feel my best I have to push myself hard while exercising (and I have to vary my exercise types). But I can't push myself unless I've been eating right. So they go hand in hand.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I kinda wanna try a high fiber diet just because I don't need much energy to get by, I'm highly efficient with calories so if I slow down the process of digestion with more fiber maybe the energy will last longer and I can go longer periods without meals

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    idk, I eat what I eat. Sometimes when I'm out working in my garden, my diet just consists of whatever I happen to pick and eat raw. . . tomatoes, okra, zucchini, cucumbers, or whenever I pick a watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew, corn etc. if I pick a lot then I don't eat much else. I recently got a new smoker/grill, so I smoked a brisket, and had that for dinner with wine and a spinach salad. Smoked brisket is very nice, it turned out great if I do say so myself. Smoked with hickory and very flavorful. I generally make my own wine but this was store-bought. I have some years many blackberries, other years plums growing wild on my property (I have 10 acres) and they usually don't overlap. A good blackberry year is often a bad plum year and vv. Got lots of peaches this year, but just ate them as I only have one peach tree, rather than making wine. There wouldn't have been enough, and I'd rather just eat fresh peaches anyway. My persimmon wine eh, I'm going to experiment more with different yeasts, as I'm not satisfied yet and it's really more of cider material than wine material. Blackberries though make excellent wine.

My chickens have just started laying. I got some chicks this year, and they are just now getting to laying age, and so far only one has started laying. I typically free-range them, but will probably keep them cooped up for a little while as they start laying to make sure they lay in the nests and not out in the bushes somewhere. I currently have people living with me, but when I'm by myself I am good on one large meal a day, around 10am. I typically get up around 6 or a little before, so that's mid-morning. Steak and eggs and salad, maybe some other veggies will easily hold me through a day. I don't eat much bread because I can't eat wheat/rye/barley anything with gluten. I tend to use masa harina for bread sorts of things. Sometimes I eat it plain with milk and honey as a kind of gruel. And I generally have tortillas around for soft tacos or quesadillas. I have quite a few pecan trees, so those are always available, and I also like almonds and walnuts for snacks. I also really like dried fruits, particularly apricots and dates. And cheeses of all sorts. I usually prefer tea over coffee, and drink plain unsweetened iced tea throughout the day or hot black tea with milk and honey. On weekends I might sleep in and make myself a latte with brunch instead.
    Damn I want to come and stay at your place!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Going keto + my girlfriend is making sure I eat healthy in general. I used to really love all kinds of processed stuff and junk food but now I just feel sick trying to eat them.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anything edible but not trash or garbage

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime i try keto, I get sick and swear off meat for a good few weeks. I'm not sure how people do it. ironically, i did the Atkins diet years ago and ate literally nothing but meat and lettuce for an entire year and wasted away to practically nothing, but I don't have that willpower anymore. I much prefer to just eat whatever i want, be slightly plump, and exercise.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Milk, bread, cheese, spices, red meat and beer.

Vegetables are for women.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My diet varies a lot. I will eat almost everything, except the plants in the Allium family (which I am allergic to), invertebrates and coffee.

But I have eaten a cat before.

Today I would have had:

8 glasses of whole cream milk. I'm no soy boy.
    My morning tea: 2 cups of green tea + panax ginseng extract + mucuna puriens extract.
    A truly man-sized burger with double beef patties, a hash brown, a fried chicken breast, swiss cheese, tomatoes and lettuce.
    My evening tea: 2 cups of hibiscus tea + chinese five spice + mucuna puriens extract.
    Lots of stimulants.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too busy talking to be eating.

I'm not much of a foodie, tbh, I'll eat what I crave and that's usually pho or some kind of salad. Sundried tomatoes, avocado, feta, olives mixed with lemon juice, a pinch of salt and olive oil.

My diet mostly consists of greens and sack yoghurt, lots of rice crackers, dips and antipasto.

This may all sound very healthy, but I have a history of eating popcorn for breakfast, big choc chip cookies, twiggy sticks, and my greatest weakness, Red Bull.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In general I prefer foods that are simple and healthy, that are quick and easy to prepare, and cheap to purchase locally i.e. whatever is on sale and in season.

My typical diet - fruits, vegetables, nuts, mushrooms, fish, poultry, and meat.
    Rare, usually avoid - milk, cheeses, bread, pasta, pizza, bacon, anything deep fried and charred
    Sweets - honey and lemon, 88% dark chocolate, dried fruit like persimmons
    Drinks - plain water and black tea, coffee on some days, if it's my lunch for the day then I'll add some milk and sugar to it, if for energy then simply black, sometimes fresh squeezed or carton juice but don't like the fact that it comes with so much sugar

Junk food: was never into it but sometimes I get a craving, or a curiosity, and find that if I give myself windows to buy it then the cravings go away. I eat it, tastes great at first, then I feel groggy and sick, remember how crappy it was and forget about it for another month. My favorites have been Kettle vinegar chips, chicken wings with clunky blue cheese sauce, and of course burger'n'fries, the classic junk.

Recipes/cooking: Once in a while I'll brave the waters of Si and experiment with a new recipe or two. From these trials a few recipes have stuck around and became my go-to meals. These are simple recipes that require no more than 3-5 ingredients and 15-30 minutes preparation time. I prefer that food tastes as it is, raw or steamed over fried, and use very little salt, pepper, spices or sauces. Essentially bland is my type of flavorful, then I can feel the real taste of what I'm eating. Only exception has been garlic. I've started using it more often lately as it's supposedly healthy to eat it at least once a week.

Diet - Mix of intermittent fasting and something similar to paleo. I like this dieting method because there's no need to count calories and obsess over which foods I can and cannot eat. Seeing other people take up keto at that time, and how awkward and stringent it was, I decided that's not something I want to put myself through. I've seen feedback of people losing 50+ lbs on keto so I think it's kind of an emergency diet if someone needs to shed a lot of weight, but not something you could maintain in the long run. Almost everyone I know who has tried it didn't last longer than 6 months.

Later I've somehow switched to intermittent fasting even before hearing that this is a type of diet now. One spring, due to certain life events, I've practically stopped eating. I'd feel hungry, look at food, yet I could barely eat anything. Lost 15 lbs in those two months, which was the most rapid weight loss I've ever had. Then it was like hey, I actually feel better when I'm fasting and spending at least a few hours hungry. It saves a lot of time not having to concern about 3 meals a day, doesn't strictly limit one to some foods, and it's easy to keep to year around. So this is my current diet.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike cooking.

When very young and had to feed myself on a budget I really only ate fruit, cereal, yoghurt, canned spaghetti and made mince to last a few days.
    Oh yes and lots of toast with vegemite!

For the family I cooked because I had to and often made enough for left overs for the next day to avoid having to cook again. I guess we had a fair share of takeaways and eating out.

Now that it’s just husband and I we mostly prepare dinner together such as heating canned soup, cooking chicken in the pan to go with whatever is around like frozen veggies, microwave frozen meals, get takeaways and eat out.
    We make coffee with toast or cereal and yoghurt for breakfast.
    Often lunch is meeting at a cafe.
    Last edited by Hays; 07-12-2018 at 05:06 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typically I eat three meals a day and like to have my last meal in by five or six at night. Mainly, I just eat for fuel, energy, strength, fitness, health and, well, for the six-pack of course (can't have those extra rips by consuming garbage foods). My meals (plus sides) are mostly chicken, salmon, broccoli, turkey, steak, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes...a lot of apples, peaches, berries, and bananas for fruits in between meals.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 07-14-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

fish, chicken, eggs, green leafy & cruciferous veggies, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, apples, berries of all kinds.

And lots of chili peppers and turmeric. Cinnamon for some fruits/veggies too. I find most food bland so a lot of spice usually helps with that.

I'm not a picky eater in terms of taste, I'm just focused on how it makes me feel. I could eat frozen burritos (tasty), wine with orange juice (because I did), pizza on pineapples (it's good), and even toasted fish eyeballs (haven't tried). But I don't because well. Where do I even find fish eyeballs? But the rest just make me feel bad.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickelslick View Post
    I ... have zero resistance to pizza, pasta, chocolate cake, cola and gummy snakes. Burgers, fries and noodles are so damn convenient.
    For me too. I know I'd be better to eat some healthier food, but it's hard for me to resist such food.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever is bought for me, but also ''ew, i want something else''

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I usually eat once a day. Evening.

Breakfast? ???
    Lunch? ????
    Dinner? ???
    Supper? Yes, please.

Well, I think I have very low propensity to have diabetes. My blood sugar level should be pretty great. There are people who can not do that and they might have anger outbursts due to blood glucose level [and heightened tendency towards diabetes.].
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My natural preference is to eat when I'm hungry. Honestly, I hate fixed scheduled meal times – but I'd eat at fixed times in favor for other people.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food is kind of my obsession, but I think it's not completely healthy in my case. I'm really careful with what I eat and I try hard to avoid whatever seems to be unhealthy, too high in calories or too fat. It goes to the point when I feel disgusted by people around me eating unhealthy meals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123