Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: TIM vs VERT

  1. #1
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default TIM vs. VERT

    I've noticed on the wiki that the names of types have been changed from TIMs to VERTs, e.g. Sensing Logical Extratim to Sensing Logical Extravert.

    What does TIM mean anyway? Is it an abbreviation, or just something Russian?
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  2. #2
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vert means green. Tim is a name. Doe is a deer, a female deer. I'm helping.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  3. #3
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Doe is a deer
    John De(a)r, is a dead man.

  4. #4
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Vert means green. Tim is a name. Doe is a deer, a female deer. I'm helping.
    Your new avatar just caused the top button of my shirt to pop off spontaneously....
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  5. #5
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    John De(a)r, is a dead man.
    Although dead, he makes hell of a tractor.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-04-2008 at 12:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Altough dead, he makes hell of a tractor.
    lol.

    He also received one hell-u-va Doe John letter

  7. #7
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Your new avatar just caused the top button of my shirt to pop off spontaneously....
    But that's just little ol' me *blushes*


    Thanks?


    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  8. #8
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    But that's just little ol' me *blushes*


    Thanks?


    My pleasure! *blows a kiss in bee's direction*
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  9. #9
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh god another one :S



    Ok, ok......... (hugs)
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  10. #10
    Errant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do I have to turn the hose on you lot?

  11. #11
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Waterfight!! I'll get my white shirt.

    Goddammit I always get flirty when I'm moody and bored. I don't get it?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  12. #12
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Waterfight!! I'll get my white shirt.

    Goddammit I always get flirty when I'm moody and bored. I don't get it?
    I do: when moody or bored, you need a stimulant, and some attention can be quite uplifting, not?
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  13. #13
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're probably right. I hope not!

    yeah, you're right
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  14. #14
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    You're probably right. I hope not!

    yeah, you're right
    Don't worry, we all have this:some need to go out an buy a new pair of shoes, others, such as me, simply need a nice juicy steak to remind me that life's worthwhile after all
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  15. #15
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just need someone to annoy the shit out of with my emotions and dreamings for a while I suppose. Or to take the less torturous path for others involved and just write in my diary.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  16. #16
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I just need someone to annoy the shit out of with my emotions and dreamings for a while I suppose. Or to take the less torturous path for others involved and just write in my diary.
    In that case, I'm afraid I'm not going to be of any help: to most IEI women I know, I'm inclined to lend a listening ear, but that does not seem to be what you are needing right now. Go figure, if I'm not mistaken, some Se would be more beneficial perhaps?

    In fact, I'm starting to realize why I typically don't get laid by IEI women. I've been doing it all wrong! Fortunately, there are also SEI women in the world
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  17. #17
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I've noticed on the wiki that the names of types have been changed from TIMs to VERTs, e.g. Sensing Logical Extratim to Sensing Logical Extravert.

    What does TIM mean anyway? Is it an abbreviation, or just something Russian?
    Augusta invented the words extratim and introtim ("Type of Information Metabolism") to avoid confusion with the psychological terms "extravert" and "introvert." The "TIM"s are widely used in Russian language socionics, but they have not caught on well here, perhaps because they were introduced too late. I like the idea, personally.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

  18. #18
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Augusta invented the words extratim and introtim ("Type of Information Metabolism") to avoid confusion with the psychological terms "extravert" and "introvert." The "TIM"s are widely used in Russian language socionics, but they have not caught on well here, perhaps because they were introduced too late. I like the idea, personally.
    Finally a sensible reply to my question! Thanks!

    Anyway, I already suspected that that was what the abrrev stood for. I've decided to exclusively use TIMs, because I feel the concepts of extravert and introvert are not catching the essence. I'm even done with dichotomies. I do not believe there are sensing, intuiting, ethics and logics. There are only 8 discrete functions.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  19. #19
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I'm even done with dichotomies. I do not believe there are sensing, intuiting, ethics and logics.
    I can't think of any socionists that would agree with you there. But whatever works for individual ov course

  20. #20
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I can't think of any socionists that would agree with you there. But whatever works for individual ov course
    Probably, but I personally feel each function should be understood as a thing complete in itself. E.g. imho Ne and Ni are not the same function with opposite attitudes. Of course, I could be missing something here. In that case, I blame it on Fi-PoLR
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  21. #21
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Probably, but I personally feel each function should be understood as a thing complete in itself. E.g. imho Ne and Ni are not the same function with opposite attitudes. Of course, I could be missing something here. In that case, I blame it on Fi-PoLR
    hehe. You're an ENFp

  22. #22
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    hehe. You're an ENFp
    I blame it on smoking weed and insomnia
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •