Thread: other socionics forums

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default other socionics forums

What are your opinions of the other socionics forums.

I haven't really paid attention to them and I'm no member of any. So I'm curious what you think of them.

And how many are there, I've only heard of Socionix and Socionicsworkshop.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics.com is another one, though it doesn't seem to have much traffic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionicsworkshop is pretty good for hammering out very specific details. The mods are mostly Gamma and they're virtually all interested in case-by-case studies and other Te related phenomena. And it has Expat.

socionics.com is good for meta-socionics discussions pertaining to the truth of model A and the nature of IM, as Sergei Ganin, the admin, has his own radical take on a few things. Not that I agree with him, but I personally find he has good different insights.

Every other forum but the16types is useless for any kind of high level theoretical discussion. I'm talking labcoat, smilex etc.

Socionix is all of those rolled into one package, but with all the important and juicy parts taken out. It's like a third-world version of the above forums. The theoretical discussion is both obscurantist and ego-driven. The meta-interpretations of socionics are facile. Case studies are type-popularity contests. Every thread feels like an attempt to reify someone's belief structure. It's also has relatively little content.

Other than that, certain types are often treated like scum and attacked for completely unrelated inferiorities and complexes (usually LIIs), even given unpopular typings by default.

$0.02
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Socionix is for Socionics.
    In your view,
    has that forum changed since about 6 months ago
    or has it improved/changed?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I just like subheaders... and because of the nature of my post - very few words, if I put in line breaks it would take up more space and be more visually appealing than one straight sentence and a big open space. And, it's related to how I would phrase things.
    Not a joke.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever you go to the socionics page at wikipedia there are a bunch of different forums listed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

16types to me is like 'The McDonald's of socionics. Not too deep, but not too shallow either- so it's a happy medium that tends to serve all my needs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mcnew makes this place practically unbearable, and socionix is far better than having to deal with his stupidity.
    True, the grass always looks greener on the other side. Just remember that when you complain that the cows are doing business on the grass on one side of the fence, don't expect it to necessarily be different on the other side. Saying that, feel free to go anywhere else you choose. Everyone has their own flavor of BS and I am sure that there is some flavor somewhere suited for you as well.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The hostility some of you show rmcnew here isn't cool, he just seems to be misguided.

Again, I see no reason whatsover for 'moderating' unless people are doing nothing but outright spamming and clearly disrupting things. You don't create rules, you change the structure based on a play-by-ear basis.

Also the LPP thing is really annoying. Can we please get rid of it? Simple, crisp and clean is always better than bells and whistles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    The hostility some of you show rmcnew here isn't cool, he just seems to be misguided.
    It is impossible to run this forum in two different conflicting ways. I just know I can not please everyone and just do what I think is best.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no clue how to fix the proxy problem other than to tell people to switch ISPs. Even I have gotten the proxy problem with certain ISP hosts.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one's mentioned Wikisocion, which is in many ways a forum, but focused more on talking about specific things with less socializing. That pretty much satisfies my discussion needs, but I come here fairly regularly to see what kinds of things are being discussed and to get random ideas.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.