Thread: Quadras

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadras

Does anybody have a good description of each quadra? Are quadra descriptions helpful in identifying types?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadras

Malyshka has posted short descriptions of the quadra spirits under every Quadra section on this site. Quadra descriptions should be taken with caution, it is easy to delude oneself into believing that one can identify the quadra spirits, but the available descriptions are pretty short and vague, so it is not all that easy. There does seem to be a rough general trend that people often prefer the company of people from their own quadra.

Here is another take on the Quadrables, based on Stanislaw Grof's Basic Perinatal Matrices. They sound silly, but I would say there is something to them. It is all jolly in the Alpha. Take it as you wish.

Math or anyone have you read any of S.Grofs books?

Firstly the BPMs which he talks about corrolate exceptionally well
    with Quadrables in Socionics,
    so it's possible to cut a type down to 4.

Example in very breif:

Quadrable 1 - "ENTp, ISFp, ESFj, INTj" - Democratic
    A Sense of childness, constantly being re-newed, wholeness, "opposite
    of confusion".

Quadrable 2 - "ENFj, ISTj, ESTp, INFp" - Autocratic
    Darkness, shadows, power, victory, strithing to reach the top,
    ruthlessness, a old time.

Quadrable 3 - "ESFp, INTp, ENTj, ISFj" - Democratic
    Fashion, what is right, what is not, sexuality, hard-core, confusion,
    depth, the good, the bad.

Quadrable 4 - "ESTj, INFj, ENFp, ISTp" - Autocratic
    Death, Dark horses, Alot of Confusion, Anger, Fantasy, Re-Birth.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/socion...s/276?expand=1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I look at the BPMs and Grof and the quadras it seems to be like they don't correlate too well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo for help in identifying type do what I do. First I say T or F? I or E? etc etc. Then I say NF or NT? ST or NT? etc etc then I say or ? or ? so on and so forth. You keep doing this analysis constantly as you gether more and more data and eventually you find what fits fairly easily. It's especially helpful to see how they interact with others and not just you. I'm not sure what I think about V.I. I mostly do it for fun. There are some types that are easy for me to V.I. others I can't get a handle on. ESFPs can seem ISFP to me V.I. wise but never the opposite. I dunno... hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default quadras

.................................................. .................................................. .........................
    Last edited by ayoforjager; 01-06-2008 at 10:20 PM.

Creepy-

"beta quadra: buildup to some impending event, social status, us versus them (whos in the in-crowd), clouds gathering, first signs of decay, fall. either "the world sucks" or "the world sucks but if you look at it, its still funny, laughter makes it bearable." insulting others solidifies power. BPM 2 in terms of feeling like the world is a wasteland, a farce, an incredibly beautiful tragedy. ideal mood: life sucks so lets just hang out, make the best of what we have, and laugh."

Beta sounds pretty terrible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the BPM relationship to those things is disputed don't feel too bad. I notice INTJs typically have the nihilist perspective mentioned of Betas but there is no mention of it in the Alpha description... The NFs of Beta do seem to be very 'aristocratic' though. Just an outsiders perspective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

////

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know they always sound so disappointed if they do something less than perfect (which I understand) but they seem to attribute any failure to the imperfection within the subject which I guess really pisses off my . Damned NFs... with the Beta STs I can usually get around this by displaying and conversing on that level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: quadras

Quote Originally Posted by ayoforjager
    delta quadra: joy/sorrow, aftermath of a huge event, love and devotion, either "hooray, we made it!" or "though the battle was won, I feel worn out" springtime, and rest. insults for purely personal motives, to express personal feeling. BPM 4 in terms of feeling relif after a great burden or trial. "i've been through so much;" feeling like the war is finally over. Ideal mood: glad you could make it, sit down, relax.
    Now I feel at home in the Delta. Maybe these Quadra value theories could actually be useful even in typing. As Malyshka put it: If the shoe does not fit you, it is not your shoe.
    PS I hope you like my new signum, (for the time being.)
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I raised the quadra issue was so that I could create a test using quadra stuff.

Please let me know if my socionics test (below) works:

Which ONE of the following describes you the best:
    o live mostly in the external world around them - are more comfortable in the company of others - are overall more energetic - have a broader but less in depth field of interests and skills - tend to speak and interact more than introspect - have more friends and continually expand their network. (Extroversion)
    o are mostly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings - enjoy their time alone and value their privacy - tend to conserve or look for ways to conserve their time and energy - are more specialized and focused in their interests and skills - tend to introspect more than speaking and interacting - have a smaller network of friends but value them more; more resistant to new relationships. (Introversion)

Which ONE of the following describes you the best:
    o I am more focused on what is happening now. (Sensing)
    o I am more focused on future possibilities. (Intuition)

Which ONE of the following describes your ideal mood the best:
    o Everything's all good, lets just chill and explore. (Alpha)
    o Life sucks so lets just hang out, make the best of what we have, and laugh. (Beta)
    o Life is short, lets party, lets all get together and do the things we love doing. (Gamma)
    o Glad you could make it, sit down, relax. (Delta)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems you got introversion and extroversion confused.
    Otherwise introversion and intuition would seem to be natural choises for me.
    The quadra selection is a bit difficult since I may be blinded by already knowing the "answer". Delta would seem to be my choise, but you should try to find test subjects who have not read these descriptions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="CuriousSoul"]It seems you got introversion and extroversion confused.[quote]

I have amended the test accordingly. See on the first page above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alfas theme seems to be independence. I ' m part of a therapeutic group, run by ISFP, where is a lot of alfa types and all of us seem to complain, how much our sociaty takes our freedom away. And being my self probably The Searcher, I have to say, that my type is probably one of the most independent types of all types, living in a rational manner , I mean having ordered and scheduled life, seems to be the overall problem, why The Searcher complains, how badly our society is ordered and run by goverment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damned society. It took my freedom away too

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Damned society. It took my freedom away too
    Society can only take your freedom away if you allow it to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You and me
    are meant to be
    livin free
    in harmony
    One fine day
    we'll fly away
    Don't you know
    that Rome wasn't built in a day?
    Hey hey hey"

Good Alpha quadra theme, eh?

There's freedom and then there's the responsibility that goes along with it. Through responsibility freedom with choices is gained.

Society is only held together with the thinnest of tape, laws and rules a maze with many secret passageways and loopholes. There's tons of choices to make on the dark and light side alike.

I think socionics tries to help illuminate the choices; what choices there are and what choices there aren't.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn Alpha quadra and their idealist dreams... :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)