Thread: Spot the beta!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spot the beta!

Haven't had much time to post but I have an interesting person for you to type, in case anyone's wondering, to a large extent this is me ranting..
    I'll try to describe her character the best that I can and will also describe our relationship (take into consideration that I'm a delta NF).

So, I will start by saying that I have never despised a person as much as I do her, I didn't like her from the first conversation. I have a clear direction on her type but I'm not sure on the specifics.
    She's the kind of girl that wears (to work) these awfully slutty and eye catching sunglasses, she tries to make an impression that she's above everyone, as if she's superior to all in every way.

Did I mention that she craves attention? I mean, we all do but she does to a sickening extent. She's also a control freak and seems to be a perfectionist on the most trivial things just to make the impression that she's a professional (although after a while it was evident that she's more into making the impression that she's working rather than actually working, it was all about impression for her). She would correct me on how I do things, like how to organize everything and how to staple paper!

She would treat people according to their rank, status, wealth and talked about these subjects with great interest (later on she would deny that that these things really mattered to her but it was painfully obvious that she just wanted to maintain a good image). She loved to make fun of people she deemed as lame, for example, there was this one guy that had his nails painted, was obese and obviously gay and she was real nasty about it (I have to be fair and say that it wasn't merely because he was gay).

She would sometimes be opinionated on "moral" issues but in a bitchy sort of way. She did say that she doesn't expect anyone to follow her moral code on things (she's a vegetarian) but I did sense that she derives some arrogance from her "morality" – I also noticed that this "morality" shifts quite a lot – when someone she wants to impress thinks differently from her she'll conceal her beliefs. When I see her sometimes (we no longer work together, thank god) she seems cold and snotty. It's no secret that there was an overbearing tension and mistrust between us, she would also compete with me for no real reason. I really think our relationship has to do with socionics.
    So, any ideas on her type?
    Last edited by Cheesy; 11-24-2008 at 07:03 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Beta might not be that high, but pay attention because in times of high volatility it's not a good index of performance.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj? hehe
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    ESTj? hehe
    I can see why you'd say that, my description does sound like a steryotype.. maybe she's Ej temperament?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I can see why you'd say that, my description does sound like a steryotype.. maybe she's Ej temperament?
    I said it kind of as a joke since you were implying that the person was beta and I thought the person sounded really annoying! but yeah, could be Ej.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it kind of as a joke since you were implying that the person was beta and I thought the person sounded really annoying! but yeah, could be Ej.

Yeah, I knew it was a joke, thing is, the description could describe very judgmental people in general.. Which in socionics is stereotypically a j quality, and even more an Ej quality.. I think in any case, it's a representation of a judging base function gone bad.
    What conflicts with the "clean" image is that she sort of seems to live on the wild side, and likes to have an edge of danger in her life. She's always getting a new tattoo, does drugs occasionally and dated a drug addict that she dumped later on realizing in her words that he was doing nothing in is life and going nowhere. I personally don't think she's better than him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    Yeah, I knew it was a joke, thing is, the description could describe very judgmental people in general.. Which in socionics is stereotypically a j quality, and even more an Ej quality.. I think in any case, it's a representation of a judging base function gone bad.
    What conflicts with the "clean" image is that she sort of seems to live on the wild side, and likes to have an edge of danger in her life. She's always getting a new tattoo, does drugs occasionally and dated a drug addict that she dumped later on realizing in her words that he was doing nothing in is life and going nowhere. I personally don't think she's better than him.
    Well, any type can be unhealthy, not just betas.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, any type can be unhealthy, not just betas.
    Yep, she's definitely unhealthy. I'm still more likely to assume that she's an unhealthy beta, based on what she values but I don't think she's a good representation of any type.