View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honestly, yes.

25 37.88%
  • No, I consider myself to be average (or, maybe a tad higher or lower).

28 42.42%
  • I am below average.

13 19.70%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do. I've had this reaffirmed throughout my life by attractive females (the compliments of "handsomeness" from older women were odd at times). Thus I have always had standards which I arrogantly maintained. I think the way one carries one's self is a result of knowing (not thinking) they are attractive. And this certainty of their attractiveness is not merely a concept, but a consistent reflection of themselves in the eyes of others -- specifically the opposite sex. Fuck the people who say beauty is relative, or insist on their attractiveness in the face of external dissonance, based solely on the fact that "they know." While we all find different things attractive to some degree, I believe there is some general, inherent method by which we immediately gauge someone's attractiveness (all that intrinsic harmony of proportions stuff). The way I carry myself is something that matters very much to me, and I do work to improve it, generally. The world is a playground, and you better come prepared. Gain more experience and confidence, so that you can hone your self-image and presentation to the highest degree. I think one should put effort into their appearance, but not force anything; if you're attractive, you just are. But taking care of one's self is part of the overall package. And yes, appearances do matter; I don't care what anyone says. It's the first thing we notice about someone and plays a very large part in our initial assessment of them -- on a more reactive level. Put simply, if most of the people you have hooked up with/been in relationships with are 8-8.5s and up (on a legit scale), chances are you're attractive.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I....don't know? I'm no supermodel, but I have a nice physique, I think I'm fairly well maintained? I don't like talking myself up physically. Silly flirty suggestion yes. Actual "I look fit" type comments? Uncomfortable.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Be objective about this; do you think you are more attractive than most people in your general age range?
    I suppose. Sometimes it feels that way and at other times it doesn't. So much for objective?

Does the way you carry yourself matter to you? Is it something you work on, or seek to improve?
    I think eye contact and self-confidence is more attractive.

Do you think looks matter when presenting yourself to the world?
    Yes, to an extent—but personality matters so much more. I'm often completely disgusted by so-called "objectively attractive" people, so one really cannot rely on looks alone.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people see themselves as physically attractive relative to an ideal version of themselves they have in their minds; and not so much as relative to other people. I mean, there is a tendency to think 'well yes of course i am better looking than most people', but this knowledge seems to have very little value. Otherwise this would leave me wondering how hideously ugly people could contain their anxiety; if i was as ugly as they were i couldn't stand it. But then I do look at other people and think 'do their looks match the level of my ideal self image?'. And it is true the better looking people seem to be the ones who care about looks the most.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'm so surprised I'm the only one who hit average on this one.

I think I'm average. I'm by no means stunning, and I would say that I would perhaps be a little more than average, but being realistic I say average.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the posters here are better looking than the average person their age. At least the ones I've seen photos/web cams of. And there are also a bunch that are average. I don't think I've seen photos/web cams of anyone that falls into the "uglier than average" category.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    lol, I'm so surprised I'm the only one who hit average on this one.

I think I'm average. I'm by no means stunning, and I would say that I would perhaps be a little more than average, but being realistic I say average.
    Based on what little I've seen of you, I'd say you're more attractive than the average young adult.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right little doggy!

Creepy-bg

Vero is teh sex

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Most of the posters here are better looking than the average person their age. At least the ones I've seen photos/web cams of. And there are also a bunch that are average. I don't think I've seen photos/web cams of anyone that falls into the "uglier than average" category.
    Perhaps those whom you would consider ugly to average in appearance don't show their appearance online for whatever reason?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I mean, there is a tendency to think 'well yes of course i am better looking than most people', but this knowledge seems to have very little value. Otherwise this would leave me wondering how hideously ugly people could contain their anxiety; if i was as ugly as they were i couldn't stand it.
    lol

I think I'm about average. I've been feeling kinda ugly lately though.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica, when I first came on here I was looking through pictures on the picture thread and you were someone who struck me as totally beautiful and I was jealous. So there.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always considered myself hovering around average. It is something that I do think about as far as how I present myself to others.

I think honestly the way I've historically assessed myself as being "average" had a negative connotation to it. I've always had that sort of "middle of the pack" feel about myself in several areas of my life, and it's a feeling of mediocrity. It is overall good/decent, but it's still a feeling like I'm somehow unable to really distinguish myself in any sort of way.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

I personally think I am an average looking guy, but I am told by others quite often that I am a good looking guy and that conflicts with my perception. In my opinion, charisma is much more useful than good looks when it comes to being liked by others.
    ENFp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as I get to fuck everyone who I want to then I am happy! I hope you all get to fuck everyone you want to too! Let's all fuck eachother

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not like girls look for pretty guys or anything, so what does it matter?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    I think people see themselves as physically attractive relative to an ideal version of themselves they have in their minds; and not so much as relative to other people.
    I think this is true. I feel much much better about myself when I'm the best I can be and I know I'm trying than when I let myself go, even though I might not be ugly compared to the rest of the population even when I'm fatter and doing nothing to help my appearance or posture, etc.

One thing: I have a really hard time accepting compliments when I know I'm not the best I can be. About five years ago I weighed almost 20 pounds more than I do now (not sure why really, I think I was unhappy and it was emotional eating). If I had received a compliment back then about anything--hair, clothes, "you look nice", I would have wrote it off in my mind as being untrue or as meaning very little. Now, however, I welcome compliments because I agree with them, relative to my own personal potential.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be, but now I'm probably more average. Although I still have men (my own age) come onto me, even knowing I'm married, and even though I'm pregnant, so maybe I'm above average for a 40-year-old. I'd say if I am, I'm not that much above average though. And I'm pregnant so who knows if I'll take off the pregnancy weight - things might be worse from now on.

Ah, aging. It happens to everyone eventually. One good thing about being happily married is knowing you can age and your looks can fade and that you'll be loved forever regardless.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and bee and jessica are most certainly above average. Silly girls.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compliments are nice but I prefer cake.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Compliments are nice but I prefer cake.
    pie.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice cream. Mmmm. Even in the winter.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    pie.
    Only if it's Blueberry. Or triple berry.

Regardless, looks are fine and dandy and all concerning first impressions but there's still lots that can be said for charm and wit.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if it's Blueberry. Or triple berry.

Regardless, looks are fine and dandy and all concerning first impressions but there's still lots that can be said for charm and wit.
    absolutely.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think much the same thing... but only because I think I'm average, I have to have something going for me...haha.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone out there likes my physique, someone out there appreciates my brand of "pretty"...and some out there appreciate even more than that.

This is a hard question for me, seeing as attractiveness is highly based on intelligence levels and other personality factors for me. Someone could be really physically attractive yet not attractive in MY perspective because they are an idiot of some sort.

Given the results from others, I'd say Im fairly attractive, maybe more than some others....

I work in a grocery store and it seems my brand of beauty (that is strange to type) is popular among older women and men...(despite the fact I worked in FL ) Even here in DE its like that. If younger people find me attractive they don't say anything, especially not to me while I'm working. The older people just like to tell me how beautiful my skin is and how my hair compliments the tone, and then the eyes....oh geez the eyes -_-.....and the height......a lot of men like my height for some reason >_>

Its like if you're a tall woman, you are automatically kinky.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Its like if you're a tall woman, you are automatically kinky.
    Maybe that's why I still get attention, despite my graying hair and wrinkling skin. And heavily pregnant belly. Why do men come onto pregnant women? A friend told me that some guys are "into" pregnancy. Isn't that weird? To find a woman who is pregnant with someone else's baby sexy because she's pregnant? And for god's sake I'm old AND pregnant. Should be two great big strikes against me.

My husband says I look "very approachable" and he thinks that's why.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Maybe that's why I still get attention, despite my graying hair and wrinkling skin. And heavily pregnant belly. Why do men come onto pregnant women? A friend told me that some guys are "into" pregnancy. Isn't that weird? To find a woman who is pregnant with someone else's baby sexy because she's pregnant? And for god's sake I'm old AND pregnant. Should be two great big strikes against me.

My husband says I look "very approachable" and he thinks that's why.
    It's your charm.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Maybe that's why I still get attention, despite my graying hair and wrinkling skin.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL! Not quite there yet.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually that kind of makes sense for the tallness, in a weird way .... duno why though.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...that it makes women more attractive? I put heels on and I get numbers, that's all I know.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

When I put the heels on, I get looks, but not numbers. I guess it probably depends on the person.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive come up with an explanation, and that is that it creates a need to conquer the girl, cuz she's taller than you. but im just imagining this, because i've only met a few girls taller than me ever

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think guys just like long legs.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, how tall is tall?

I get a lot of compliments on my looks by older people (and by older, I guess I only mean one generation or so and up), and every guy I've ever "liked" has "liked" me back, but I honestly don't consider myself to be above average.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Hm, how tall is tall?

I get a lot of compliments on my looks by older people (and by older, I guess I only mean one generation or so and up), and every guy I've ever "liked" has "liked" me back, but I honestly don't consider myself to be above average.
    Oh I think you are! I remember the pics of you in the other thread

Tall is probably 5'9 and up or something. I'm 5'10" and I consider myself tall but I know it's not THAT tall. I have a female cousin who's 6'2".
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I objectively am more attractive than the average person.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast