Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: What About Me? (Long)

  1. #1
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What About Me? (Long...)

    Edited for embarassment


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  2. #2
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could you be ISFP of ISTJ?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  3. #3
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NO.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What About Me? (Long...)

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    One thing is for sure; you are pretty.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  5. #5
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would you describe for us what sorts of things you think about or notice when you are in a relaxed state?"

    Regarding ENFP and introvertedness, yes, an ENFP can be shy, can choose to forego crowded places, preferring what is a little more familiar. This is usually in response to some sort of long term stress, and is natural.

    ***
    If you are curious that you might be ENFP, you might want to consider checking my current description of the Functioning ENFP: http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2544
    ***
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  6. #6
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You remind me of an INFj I know. Eyes and facial structure.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, you're very pretty.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8

    Default

    Stop it. She didn't ask to be hit on.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.

  10. #10
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFp is not far from the truth.

  11. #11
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for embarassment


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  12. #12
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I love to hear what others think after reading my posts..

    I just got back from hanging out with this new bunch of friends at the mall that I've talked about & I was very outgoing! I don't know what is up with me now, but I'm just not that shy anymore. I do think people energize me, & I love being around them... Perhaps it's because I'm more self-confident, or that my Dual was there... you know what, it's true -- ESTp's DO make me feel comfortable, or at least this certain one does =/

    In reply to one post up there... analise, I believe? Well, you say that you are not shy, but you are definitely introverted. You see, I used to be so shy, ( and still am around the wrong people ) but I don't believe I was actually in fact introverted. It's a fine difference there we have to make. I wanted to bad to interact with others, I just didn't know how!

    I'm very glad I'm overcoming this though, it really is the greatest feeling in the world =)
    When did this change start?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  13. #13
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, extremely recently in fact. Around late December. As I've said, I've been through a rough semester


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Difficult times and situations, experiences....... I believe they help the real you come through. At least for me it was/is as such.

    It strips away the outer layers and the real you comes through.

    ....... such experiences have allowed my strengths to come out and present themselves, instead of being hidden behind.... or perhaps within...... pre-established 'comfort zones'
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I dunno much about VI but I agree with FDG -- you are very pretty

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Stop it. She didn't ask to be hit on.
    The world turns, you know..
    thing.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I love to hear what others think after reading my posts..

    I just got back from hanging out with this new bunch of friends at the mall that I've talked about & I was very outgoing! I don't know what is up with me now, but I'm just not that shy anymore. I do think people energize me, & I love being around them... Perhaps it's because I'm more self-confident, or that my Dual was there... you know what, it's true -- ESTp's DO make me feel comfortable, or at least this certain one does =/

    In reply to one post up there... analise, I believe? Well, you say that you are not shy, but you are definitely introverted. You see, I used to be so shy, ( and still am around the wrong people ) but I don't believe I was actually in fact introverted. It's a fine difference there we have to make. I wanted to bad to interact with others, I just didn't know how!

    I'm very glad I'm overcoming this though, it really is the greatest feeling in the world =)
    I'm gonna stick with INFj, in spirit. Being around people and getting energy from it happens because:
    1. you are an extravert.
    2. you've been away from people for a while (yin/yang effect)
    3. you are a feeler.

    Everything you say reminds me of my sister (MBTI INFJ). Even the outgoing part. She's sometimes quiet and such, but she is something of a "goof" in public. Very well-mannered, ordered, and intelligent, though. Good grades, etc..

    I won't say anything, as I don't want to crush what you are doing, but at the MOST flexible (in my mind, of course) you are probably INFx.

    Everyone has their time.
    thing.

  18. #18
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Merely trying to make a compliment, not in the business of hitting on women over the internet, rarely do relations or much more than frivolous conversation occur over the internet. So just consider it a frivolous compliment rather than something used to promote myself to her, at least that how I see hitting on women.

  19. #19
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm... my p/j are so, so close. You know what, you're right -- I think I'm still an I, not really an E MySaviour. However, aren't Ixxx's really happy being alone? I've realized I get very depressed after long periods of no close, meaningful interaction with others. Of course, all people NEED human interaction, it's just that... well, I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

    I just got a book on Personality Type by Lenore Thompson & reading through the INFJ part sounded much more like me than the INFP type. Is it possible to just be on the cusp anyway?


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is it possible to just be on the cusp anyway?
    No, because their functions are vastley different when you try and look at them more deeply. Lenore Thompsen's INFJ does line up with the Socionics INFj, if that's what you were wondering. If you think that it described you that well, then you probably are an INFj. Also, if you have the time, read Jung's description of both the Introverted Feeling and Introverted Intuitive types to see which sounds like you.

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Hmm... my p/j are so, so close. You know what, you're right -- I think I'm still an I, not really an E MySaviour. However, aren't Ixxx's really happy being alone? I've realized I get very depressed after long periods of no close, meaningful interaction with others. Of course, all people NEED human interaction, it's just that... well, I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

    I just got a book on Personality Type by Lenore Thompson & reading through the INFJ part sounded much more like me than the INFP type. Is it possible to just be on the cusp anyway?
    Yea, you can be undecided.. IxTx's are more happy alone than IxFx's are. I don't know the details, and I can't explain why, but I'm pretty sure F's need to be around people, have friends, make bonds, etc, or else they start getting lonely and depressed.

    quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/infj.htm
    As teenager, INFJs look for a small group of people who understand and appreciate them. Without this support, they can feel isolated from others. INFJs who do not find a supportive social group may find the teen years to be somewhat difficult for them because of peer pressure to be popular and activity oriented. They are not likely to enjoy large parties, but prefer intimate groups of close and long-standing friends.
    I won't argue what type you are, because at the end of the day I also don't know. But this might help.
    thing.

  22. #22
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ... Lenore Thompsen's INFJ does line up with the Socionics INFj, if that's what you were wondering...
    Lenore Thomson
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  23. #23
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ... Lenore Thompsen's INFJ does line up with the Socionics INFj, if that's what you were wondering...
    Lenore Thomson
    And I had the book right in front of me too!


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  24. #24
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for embarassment


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  25. #25
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,695
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Just bumping this. And I want to say that I am seriously considering me as an ENFp. Something inside of me just tells me it's true - I read a lot of stuff at the similarminds forum on descriptions of ENFp and it rings true so much! It's scary! The INFp never ever did that ...

    I really think that I was just under so much stress and low self-confidence that I turned more introverted. I was miserable as an introvert though. I really was, I'm not lieing about this... I always beat myself up for not taking initiative and waiting for others to come to me - (something which ENFps supposedly do.. wallow in their misery of being alone though they really want to be with others, but fear rejection)

    Now that I am really starting to just be myself, I feel so much better. I like being outgoing & friendly & yes, flirty... when I was younger, before my "trauma" I went through around 3 years ago, I was always very E.
    Ah, everything you explained sounds a lot like what I've gone through. ENFp's are the shyest of all extraverts. They may even act like introverts a lot of the time, but they are not happy when they do so. I think you can pass as an ENFp, when I was younger I was extremely shy, but that didn't mean I was an introvert. It meant I made myself act introverted just because I felt others didn't like me and I feared rejection and looking like an idiot. The key is to be extraverted as long as you don't express your feelings too much, which tends to shock people.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say that you should wait a couple of months before deciding that this recent change in behavior implies that your personality was "really something else" all along. Also I don't think you should convince yourself that you are a particular type because of the implication that your relations with a person that you are attracted to will be improved and/or stay ideal. I will withhold proffering an opinon on your type for the moment..

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For a short while I thought I was INFp too... No idea why! You know you're an ENFp because it'll just click when you read the description. Then you'll want to find more and more descriptions. And more and more and more descriptions. Damn that hidden agenda!

    Woo! ENFps are taking over the board!
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  28. #28
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm. Now I am doubting it again. My question is - are INFps HAPPY being alone for long periods of time? I know everyone needs people, but ... ???

    Maybe I'm just becoming more extraverted in my mind, because I want to be & really wish I was.

    Haha, it's so true that the more you know, the more you question.
    Perhaps I'm an INFJ anyway...


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree that you should read lots of type descriptions.

    my personal opinion is yes, xNFp. or INFj not ENFj.

    it takes a while to get used to the differences between MBTI and socionics, but my friend whom i think is both MBTI and socionics INFj was also more friendly or "E" when younger. I think in general the way you are as a kid is helpful to give clues.

    my ENFp friend also had a LOT of trouble determining her type and seemed to speak like you do.. kind of doubtful. An INFp wouldnt be as inclined to speak like they might not know something.

    also.. if you test with a lot of Fi it doesnt mean that its your first function. i almost always test the highest on Ne but i am an INTj.

  30. #30
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    For a short while I thought I was INFp too... No idea why! You know you're an ENFp because it'll just click when you read the description. Then you'll want to find more and more descriptions. And more and more and more descriptions. Damn that hidden agenda!

    Woo! ENFps are taking over the board!
    Thats funny. I did too. I tested first as ENFP but after reading the INFP description (Keirsey) I began to doubt. After some time and getting to know some real INFPs I had no more doubts. Take your time, relax and do what you do. Then when you reflect back you will have a better idea of your true preferences. I guess its also good to observe others and talk to them about how they think too. Your close realtionships will also tell you something about your type.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  31. #31
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, thank you guys =D I just keep flip flopping back & forth between what I think I am & what I think I'm not.

    I do know that ENFps are the "quietest" extroverts though... this is confirmed! And very true of my two ENFp friends. Both guys too =) Ain't that cuuute?


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •