Thread: The reason multiple personality types EXIST in humans!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The reason multiple personality types EXIST in humans!

I hope I got your attention now!

I am reading this book Evolution for Everyone and in this book, it states that the reason different personalities in animals and humans exist in the first place has a direct link to biological survival. Evolution devised different survival mechanisms as a result to enable greater chances of survival.

In a sense, a personality is merely a survival strategy to increase the chances for the species of creature to survive. Each individual survival strategy's (personality) efficiency rate of survival is dependent on the environmental conditions of the time, therefore each personality that exists today have all been at different times in prolonging the survival of the human race.

This is merely a theory, but I like to this is the reason different personalities exist and they don't just exist for show but for evolutionary purposes. Human beings have the harbor a variety of personalities. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this whether you are on agreement or disagreement of my hypothesis.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't say.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, multiple personality types exist because there are different ways to use logic.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooster reinvents the wheel. Congratulations.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    No, multiple personality types exist because there are different ways to use logic.
    This implies that personality types are derived from logic and its usage, which isn't completely the case.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you really mean personalities, or do you mean different types.

Since both those words overlap a bit, and the different types are explained by augusta as being parts of a socion.

different personalities, yeah I guess evolution has a big part in it, since in the end evolution has a big part in everything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    This implies that personality types are derived from logic and its usage, which isn't completely the case.
    What it really implies, is that functions are logical. And from what you've said here, I can only guess you're just assuming feelings aren't logical. In terms of socionics, they are.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precisely why I think it's necessary to use a multitude of systems in order to get a more precise view on personality.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watson, come immediately! I think I've found a clue!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    you really mean personalities, or do you mean different types.

Since both those words overlap a bit, and the different types are explained by augusta as being parts of a socion.

different personalities, yeah I guess evolution has a big part in it, since in the end evolution has a big part in everything.
    Yeah sorry for the confusion, but when I say personalities I mean different socionics type. So my point is basically that INTP is one survival strategy, so is ENFP and INTJ etc....

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    What it really implies, is that functions are logical. And from what you've said here, I can only guess you're just assuming feelings aren't logical. In terms of socionics, they are.
    I don't think functions are intrinsically related to logic/reason or emotions; those are basic facets of the human psyche. Functions are more abstract than that.

But how are you defining 'logic' here?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason personality differences exist is division of labor. In a society where all people have all-round abilities and talents, no one excells at any activity. In such a society people would have very little reason to collaberate and trade information, because nobody has something unique to give.

In a society in which every individual has specialized abilities, people benefit maximally from trading information and goods. By relying on the talents of many specialized trading partners, any individual could essentially live as if s/he had all of these abilities him/herself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Another reason personality differences exist is division of labor. In a society where all people have all-round abilities and talents, no one excells at any activity. In such a society people would have very little reason to collaberate and trade information, because nobody has something unique to give.

In a society in which every individual has specialized abilities, people benefit maximally from trading information and goods. By relying on the talents of many specialized trading partners, any individual could essentially live as if s/he had all of these abilities him/herself.
    I agree with you on this one, it makes perfect sense since human beings are a very social species that depends on group mechanisms for survival. It reminds me a lot on how the basis of economics works, which follows a very similar principle to the one you stated.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster_Ferret View Post
    I agree with you on this one, it makes perfect sense since human beings are a very social species that depends on group mechanisms for survival. It reminds me a lot on how the basis of economics works, which follows a very similar principle to the one you stated.
    And this would correlate to what Augusta described as everyone is a part in the socion.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    And this would correlate to what Augusta described as everyone is a part in the socion.
    The division of labor is an effect - not a cause - of types.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works damn well. So if it ever randomly came about it would be effective to the point of vanquishing every alternative. And afterwards, you wouldn't see the alternatives anymore. That's how evolution works.
    Last edited by krieger; 11-23-2008 at 10:58 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Logic is the arrangement of "flow". All forms of thinking are logical.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Logic is the arrangement of "flow". All forms of thinking are logical.
    Logic is about the relative correlations, measurements and connections between phenomena and concepts. Not everything can be simplified to it, though.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pity. We should all be clones of each other.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by logic i just mean that it can be made sense of, really; or that it has a certain sensibility to it, and that it isn't magic. You're trying to say logic = thinking. It's not the same.