Thread: Socionics Books on Amazon

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Books on Amazon

Socionics Demystified: A New Social Psychology for Understanding Relationships, by Spencer Stern (Author), 2007

How to Find Yourself and Your Best Match. Socionics. The Modern Approach to Psychological Types (Paperback) by Rod Novichkov (Author) , 2007. This one is on google books and their type charts look to be horrible. The review tagline at amazon says "Finally, there is a Socionics book in English."

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read them both.

So if you have questions......

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I've read them both.

So if you have questions......
    Are they any good?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Are they any good?
    Spencer stern is a former member of this forum. An INTJ.

He has made a collection of internet articles and put it in a book, so not really original. Next to that he has made type descriptions, which consist of the 8 information elements, not behaviour information. You have to like that or you don't.

The other book, of those russian guys was more new to me. It had some really good things in it, although there was also some evidently misinformation in it. The book has an amateuristic layout, decent and new information on VI (I think), but there is a statistic list and famous types list, which is highly discutable.

So both books are not the winners you hope for. Sterns book, is very nice if you don't have an internetconnection :-) The russians book is original, has really interesting parts in it, though also some clear misinformation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    The russians book is original, has really interesting parts in it, though also some clear misinformation.
    Rod Novichkov's book is is quite confusing.

It offers a detailed description of the 4 dichotomies and the 8 information elements. In my opinion the descriptions are not really accurate.

The third chapter is about Visual Identification. If a beginner reads this he will be totally misguided. Not everything is wrong but some ideas are laughable.

The fourth chapter offers a non-standard analysis of realationships. In my opinion Novichkov's model is complete nonsense.

The fifth chapter is about type distribution. Absolutely ridiculous, I fell down from my chair while reading it.

The book does not offer a description of the 16 types. It does not offer an analysis of the 8 functions, either. The descriptions of dichotomies, elements and relationships are bad. The chapters about V.I. and type distribution are ridiculous.
    Ni-INTj --- Harmonizing Analyst --- -
    DCNH rox

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
    The fifth chapter is about type distribution. Absolutely ridiculous, I fell down from my chair while reading it.
    Yes, it shows that they don't know how to use statistics.

Also it shows that they are overconfident and uncritical of themselves, making the other chapters doubtful too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a good way to make a few bucks on the side...