Thread: Those damn IEIs

Creepy-

Default Those damn IEIs...

Which types (if any) are more likely to be confused or overwhelmed by an IEI? (And how does the IEI remedy the situation?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs probably often get overwhelmed by themselves... It's a hard situation to remedy though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kopernikus
    IEIs probably often get overwhelmed by themselves... It's a hard situation to remedy though
    I don't think so. I've never seen it happen.

ISFj perhaps? I really haven't a clue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Those damn IEIs...

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Which types (if any) are more likely to be confused or overwhelmed by an IEI? (And how does the IEI remedy the situation?)
    Come now, Ishy. You're much too smart to fall prey to such bullocks. You're starting to sound like an ENTp. INFps are no more overwhelming or confusing than any other type. If a type is unable to recncile our dynamics it is a result of miscommunication and misunderstanding. Intertype theory has already put this into perspective. Our Conflicting partners (ESTj), Contrary partners (ENFp), and after some time our Illusionary partners (ENTp), Super-Ego (ISTp), and to a lesser extent Quasi-Identical (INFj) all exhibit the mostpotential for misunderstanding and incongruence. However, this is no different from every other type interacting with these partners.

Furthermore, consciously Fe types are better able to adapt to the dynamics of others, and thus smooth out their interactions. Human interaction is rife with misinterpretation and misreading - that's just part of life. One has to learn to adapt anyway. There are plenty of books on people-skills out of the context of Socionics that might be helpful. within Socionics itself, we have the functional moel of interaction; you know what functions people are sensitive about, what they are proud of, etc. Work towards an understanding of people's shortcimings, offer sincere appreciation of that which they are proud of, and avoid unveiling their insecurities like hell.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe people try tp take over other peoples' emotions and control them. It COULD be e problem.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

Come now, Ishy. You're much too smart to fall prey to such bullocks. You're starting to sound like an ENTp.
    Excuse me, but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? By all means, point out to me the last time I said something like that.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe people try tp take over other peoples' emotions and control them.
    Not necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

Come now, Ishy. You're much too smart to fall prey to such bullocks. You're starting to sound like an ENTp.
    Excuse me, but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? By all means, point out to me the last time I said something like that.
    Dude, it's called a joke. Hence the .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-_-;
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

actually I'm trying to type my mum and looking for a place to start. It occurred to me that (for example) two Quasi-idenitcal relations (etc.) might not be the same as each other for type related reasons. Hence why I asked the question instead of just assuming Delta.

I don't know why anyone would be confused or overwhelmed by a humble IEI but, well...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come now, Ishy. You're much too smart to fall prey to such bullocks. You're starting to sound like an ENTp. INFps are no more overwhelming or confusing than any other type. If a type is unable to recncile our dynamics it is a result of miscommunication and misunderstanding. Intertype theory has already put this into perspective. Our Conflicting partners (ESTj), Contrary partners (ENFp), and after some time our Illusionary partners (ENTp), Super-Ego (ISTp), and to a lesser extent Quasi-Identical (INFj) all exhibit the mostpotential for misunderstanding and incongruence. However, this is no different from every other type interacting with these partners.

Furthermore, consciously Fe types are better able to adapt to the dynamics of others, and thus smooth out their interactions. Human interaction is rife with misinterpretation and misreading - that's just part of life. One has to learn to adapt anyway. There are plenty of books on people-skills out of the context of Socionics that might be helpful. within Socionics itself, we have the functional moel of interaction; you know what functions people are sensitive about, what they are proud of, etc. Work towards an understanding of people's shortcimings, offer sincere appreciation of that which they are proud of, and avoid unveiling their insecurities like hell.
    *hands Baby his lost doctorate in psychology*

...Oh wait.... HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe

oh jeeez....lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe

I make no pretenses about having a monopoly on the subject of psychology. There was nothing in that post that was not either common sense or taken pretty much verbatim from the translated literature we have on Socionics.

I don't know why anyone would be confused or overwhelmed by a humble IEI but, well...
    lol, I do... just ask Kim.

actually I'm trying to type my mum and looking for a place to start. It occurred to me that (for example) two Quasi-idenitcal relations (etc.) might not be the same as each other for type related reasons. Hence why I asked the question instead of just assuming Delta.
    That's a good point... I'm pretty sure the Russians have their own theories about whether intertype dynamics are type-sensitive. I always just pretty much assumed that all Dualities were pretty much equal in magnitude, and so on. Let's hope Dmitri Lytov comes by for this one.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make no pretenses about having a monopoly on the subject of psychology. There was nothing in that post that was not either common sense or taken pretty much verbatim from the translated literature we have on Socionics.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol, I do... just ask Kim. .
    Absolutely!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH ANS IM KIDDIGN BTW LOL

JUS ENCASE IT SWASNT OBVIOUS AND MY WANG

BABY 4 EVAR

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    www.bullyonline.org/related/family
    Would you like to explain the relevance?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering that myself.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes guys thanks for reminding me. It is related to the topic of this post and how Fe might overwhelm other types. Some people can use Fe in evil ways as was pointed by Jadae earlier, much like some use Se to torture. But even unintentionally to an ill prepared person the use of Fe might be equivalent to manipulation. Does that make sense? Of course I have no doubts about you guys

Creepy-

Yes guys thanks for reminding me. It is related to the topic of this post and how Fe might overwhelm other types. Some people can use Fe in evil ways as was pointed by Jadae earlier, much like some use Se to torture. But even unintentionally to an ill prepared person the use of Fe might be equivalent to manipulation. Does that make sense? Of course I have no doubts about you guys
    You seem to have issues with feelers...

Anyway, I am thinking more about communication issues (hence the confusion aspect).

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have problems with my mother in particular. However what might seem like communication to one might be harmful to the other. A Se type might use force to communicate his opinions, but if an INTJ is on the receiving end, he or she might not find it very communicative but rather feel it as torture. I might not be very clear, but we can work on it

Creepy-

That's true, I would like some types named, though

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true, I would like some types named, though
    Do you have any pics? I would say that ISTP could be a possibility.

Creepy-

I don't want to post pics of other people on an internet forum. Things could get ugly.

Her being delta could make sense. She and my ESTj little brother are both extremely critical. Of course, my ESFp brother can do no wrong

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some thing she does that upsets you?

Creepy-

Nothing in particular. My mum and I get on well most of the time but I never do anything right/never do anthing the right way.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you mention some details, is it about your chores or ....

Creepy-

Yeah, mainly little details like chores, or dealing with the government, or my shyness. She never criticises anything I say (probably at least partly because my way of thinking/expressing myself confuses her, lol), just what I do or how I do it.

I.e. washing the dishes - I take the wrong dish, I dry too slow, I dry too fast, I spend too much time drying and not enough taking things out of the sink, I spend too much time taking things out of the sink and not enough time drying. Also she has issues with me wanting to put the pots and pans away while she's standing in front of the cupboard, but if I wait for her to finish what she's doing in front of the cupboard I get pretty much the same reaction.

It's not a shouting match or anything, just biting comments.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be Te, what are some of favourite expression. My mom always says things like "I have to do it myself to get it done right", or "you are bad", etc

Creepy-

More like "You should do it like this" etc.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does sound Si, what kind of movies music does she like?

Creepy-

She's tone deaf, lol... she like the music her children make. Movies, I'm not sure. I know she likes Star Gate and House on TV.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What has she done in her life? What are the areas of activity, is it work, family, lots of friends, travel, etc

Creepy-

She's been a stay-at-home mum for most of the time. She was studying to be an accountant a while ago but then my grandmother got sick and she had to look after her. She is actually very good with numbers and whatnot and geometry, but she doesn't really have a use for them so she doesn't bother unless she's helping with homeowrk or something.

Now, she's a Reiki master and also makes jewellery. She works with beads and rocks/crystals and silver. Pearls too, IIRC. all kinds of things. She also had a gardening phase.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you ask her to help you or does she ask you if you need help?

Creepy-

What for?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is actually very good with numbers and whatnot and geometry, but she doesn't really have a use for them so she doesn't bother unless she's helping with homeowrk or something.
    I meant that

Creepy-

Ah, she hasn't helped me with maths since I was 13, lol. But she helps my little brother now. You generally need to ask for her help or she'll assume you know what you're doing.