Thread: Sweet Tooth

Creepy-

Default Sweet Tooth

Would you say that you have a sweet tooth? Have you found that your sweet tooth has faded as you've gotten older?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely have one. It hasn't faded one bit at 28 yrs old...lol.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually never get cravings for sweets...I'm more for the salty foods like fries and what not. I'd take a fry over chocolate any day. I used to have a horrible sweet tooth. Changing my overall diet seemed to completely get rid of the cravings.

Creepy-

I have always had a major sweet tooth, but it seems to have faded a bit over the last couple of years [hard to believe if you've seen the amount of candy/cakes/cookies/sweet junk I've been known to consume, but trust me it's less than it once was!]. I wonder if it will fade into oblivion, eventually... can't say I'd mind if it did. Self-control gets pretty difficult to maintain around all the dilectable treats of the world; I'd much rather just not want them at all

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I usually never get cravings for sweets...I'm more for the salty foods like fries and what not. I'd take a fry over chocolate any day. I used to have a horrible sweet tooth. Changing my overall diet seemed to completely get rid of the cravings.
    "A fry"? As in, just one? Wow, that's impressive. I'd be more inclined to eat the whole box's worth!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it's only gotten stronger over the years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I have a sweet tooth. I've always preferred sweet to salty overall, but if I eat too much sweet stuff, I truly start to not feel so good. so knowing that's going to happen keeps it in check. I do probably have at least one "treat" per day. For example, a cup of hot chocolate or a handful of chocolate chips.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starfall, that's super interesting, esp. about the pickled stuff! Unusual!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SILK chocolate soymilk
    Some chocolate chip cookies
    Chocolate milk shakes
    Chocolate icecream
    Current sweet teeth. I have to make sure I limit my intake of SILK, it's heavenly.
    And also, lately, 100% juices.

And ripe tomatoes (which are out of season now pretty much)

I think my sweet teeth have just gotten more healthy. I just had a total POS cookie that came in a two-pack. It was so manufactured and doctored. I wanted a cookie, so I found this package in the vending machine (even though it's not the kind I usually get), and at first it tasted ok, but then it just started tasting so...... fake. Like I was eating plastic or some sort of mutated synthesized substance. I couldn't bear to eat the second cookie in the two-pack, so I decided to toss it out. Before I did I looked at the back of the package and saw how morphed and processed and cybernetically engineered it was. My body was revolting against me, and I obeyed.

I can't eat oreos much anymore, only sometimes with milk. And chips ahoy are no good either. It has to be home made or something with decent quality ingredients. My sweet tooth is still there, though.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    SILK chocolate soymilk
    Some chocolate chip cookies
    Chocolate milk shakes
    Chocolate icecream
    Current sweet teeth. I have to make sure I limit my intake of SILK, it's heavenly.
    And also, lately, 100% juices.

And ripe tomatoes (which are out of season now pretty much)
    YES! To your whole list. I adore chocolate Silk soymilk. and I only really like the ripe tomatoes that are either from someone's garden or this certain kind they sell at the store called Naturesweet. all others don't taste quite right to me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, number one: no, too rich
    number two: too cold
    number three: too heavy
    number four: we have a winner, as long as it's liquid like a shake and not more solid like a mousse.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    okay, number one: no, too rich
    number three: too heavy
    number four: we have a winner, as long as it's liquid like a shake and not more solid like a mousse.
    Huh, that's funny, that's pretty much how I feel as well.
    I don't mind shakes though.

PS: although I don't think the icecream/thing is too cold, just not my kind.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    PS: although I don't think the icecream/thing is too cold, just not my kind.

'tis my favorite "cold" dessert =)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    'tis my favorite "cold" dessert =)
    I'd love it in the summer but I'm in Chicago and it's freezing cold right now, so I don't feel like eating something icy. the shake is different somehow because it's creamy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

Ugh. Those pics are making me feel sick, WP ;-p I am so full of food right now, including too much cake. What was that I said about my sweet tooth fading? Eh....

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Ugh. Those pics are making me feel sick, WP ;-p I am so full of food right now, including too much cake. What was that I said about my sweet tooth fading? Eh....
    me too

its like i feel sick with the pictures.. but then my mind thinks about it again too

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I somehow managed to forget my favorite late night snack.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you santa?

i wrote you a letter what i wanted for Christmas this year.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks yummy, Starfall! And so do those chocolate chip cookies, WP.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starfall is an honorary Korean.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    are you santa?

i wrote you a letter what i wanted for Christmas this year.
    He's ESFj, I am one of his elves. He likes ISTp's, we work hard and are very precise with details. I'll take care of your letter and make sure you get everything you want if Santa decides that you deserve it. INTj kids are his weakness though so you might even get some extra gifts as a surprise.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Stone pot Bibimbap... best dish ever.
    I'd eat that, without the stupid egg.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im eating this right now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a pic, but I just had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries. yum.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a pic, but I just had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries. yum.
    yum. i had that every night when pg with my oldest girl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pretty strong sweettooth, and I'm not sure if it's weakened through the years. As a child my Mom tried to keep us kids away from sugar - no sodas, very little candy, lots of organic produce and tofu, etc. But I went to school with my home-baked whole-wheat bread and thermos of purified water and very strongly envied all the other kids with their store-bought white bread and sodas (well, a lot of them drank milk, but I've always had a sensitivity to dairy).
    My Dad would work long hours during the week, and often be on business trips, so many were the weekends when he would take my brother and I on a leisurely drive around the twisty, turny, hilly, narrow backcountry roads in East Tennessee in his project cars, a set of 3 International Travelalls that by switching out parts he could usually keep 1 or 2 of which running. Zak and I lived for these few hours Dad would devote to us ... plus, we learned that we could beg for him to stop at a convenience store, and he would buy us a candy bar and a soda, and I am frankly embarrassed to admit how much esteem he gained by this base transaction. (My Mom found out about it, too, and harangued us with a useless rant about how hard she worked keeping us healthy, and yet here Dad was "buying" our favor with something destructive!)
    Long story short, it really set up sweets as something to be bargained for and closely hoarded when gained. Instead of being an occasional treat, it was something I felt "denied," and I overcompensated by taking more than a reasonable amount whenever I thought I could get away with it.
    During the rest of my childhood, I spent embarrassing sums of my allowance - and once I got a job, my paychecks - on candy. I even started walking to school so that I could stop at the convenience store on the way. I even remember a band trip where me and my friends each drank a six pack of Coke and ate handfuls of pixie stix - it was like our blood was boiling, and we got off the bus, drove to the marina, and jumped in the water even though it was January at 11pm at night! It's astounding that I didn't give myself diabetes.
    Over the past several years, I have focused on re-framing candy's role in my life. But every time I try to cut back past a certain point, I suffer a sort of regression, and "pig out." I'm not sure if I'm just playing into some psychological hangup, or if my sweet tooth is just naturally strong enough that even with all the fruit I eat, I still crave more sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love sweets and im still only 20 so i cant answer the second half of that

i iz a candy junky

i loves cookies and cake and doughnuts

i loves iiiiccceeee cream

and everything else. except liquorice. and i generally dont like things with coconut in it. flavor is okay just not the actual meat. except for these macaroons i had once, they were so good i just ignored the texture.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word yo. Exactly what I was thinkin. But Id consider it after what Starfall said in response.

Its been confirmed, I'm going to eat ice cream for breakfast.

Chocolate AND mint, both together.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chocolate mint ice cream with melted peanut butter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    and everything else. except liquorice. and i generally dont like things with coconut in it. flavor is okay just not the actual meat. except for these macaroons i had once, they were so good i just ignored the texture.
    yes, liquorice is disgusting to me as well as coconut. the texture of things tends to gross me out, not always the taste. i dont like nuts for that reason.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    yes, liquorice is disgusting to me as well as coconut. the texture of things tends to gross me out, not always the taste. i dont like nuts for that reason.
    i dont like beans for that reason. only baked beans and green beans.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    i dont like beans for that reason. only baked beans and green beans.
    YES!! i only like em in chili.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're a stupid egg.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Would you say that you have a sweet tooth? Have you found that your sweet tooth has faded as you've gotten older?
    I definitely have one, but lately it's been starting to fade JJuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a little bit. That or my taste buds are starting to like the beer pizza and whiskey diet.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    you're a stupid egg.