Thread: Delta Quadra Spirit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta Quadra Spirit

some desputable info from my synopsis - so it's really interesting to hear your opinion on the subj.

Earth, winter.
    Respect and hierarchy, everyone should do what they can do best and want to do.
    Cordiality of home, unity with nature.
    Motto: "Here but not now" ("Here and forever")
    IMHO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not exactly sure how respect of hierarchy fits here. I think of hierarchy as everyone do as they are told by their superiors. Personally I hate being told what to do even though I know its neccessary. I have to talk myself into obeying rules and being obedient. It seems to me that this quad goes like this: ESTJ likes to be the boss and INFJ wants to be loyal and supportive but will raise questions that the ESTJ will consider. The INFJ is more than a secretary and flunky though. Here is a wise sage type that everyone relys on for stability and rightness of action. ESTJ wants to have the final say and the INFJ will go along if it is not unethical smoothing his/her path. ENFP loves to joke but hates to control situations and will go along with the ESTJ as long as it is fun and all the real heavy decisions and work are carried out by the ESTJ and INFJ who keep him on track and allow him to generate new ideas which sometimes gets on everyones nerves. The ISTP is ammuzed by the ENFP and will investigate what the ENFP is doing. The ENFP sees his abiliities and will say "Please help me. How do you do this?" The ISTP will grumble and say "Tsk, alright move over, youre doing it all wrong" and the ENFP smiles (cause he could have done it his way but its more fun to get the ISTP in action to do it better). Even though the ENFP seems frivilous he holds the group together by moving back and forth relaying information and keeping everyone optimistic. Since the ISTP doesnt really give a hoot about what others think the ENFP will lean on them for support in freedom of action.
    I just made all this up but it really goes that way from my personal experience.
    Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt know there were any istps listening. HA!
    Hello Herzblut! Where did you get that moniker? Maybe its impolite to ask. How's it going?

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, what brings you here, Herzblut. I am stunned to see an ISTp as well, so stunned I'm posting in another quadras "turf". Tell everyone about yourself and why socionics interests you as well.

I am also from Connecticut.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's more, but that's the basics.
    Wow My ISTo friend did the same when we met, she looked at me once and told everithing about her family. People being same type can be so similar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you write quite maturely for a 14 year old. I assumed you were at least 20 or so. Are you sure you aren't an INTp(not that I really have any reason to not believe you are an ISTp)?

Well, normally I don't divulge specifics about my whereabouts, and I don't think this should be any exception. I live in Western Ct, sort of near the NY line, that's all I'll I can say. Silly rule, I know, but its a rule I like to stick by.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I even thought she is somewhere around 25+, omg.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 15; is that one of the reasons why you assume that I'm an INTp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks like an ISTj to me.

Stiff neck [but it's just a picture so I can't be sure].

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think she wants to manhandle u Pedro!!

(hey Pedro, i think your subconcious desires are surfacing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Waddles W

I based my surprise on personal experience. I have never assumed for once that ISTp's are somehow intellectually challenged, intellect comes in many forms, Socionics is bases itself very much upon this idea.

I have a very close ISTp friend that I have always admired the intelligence of.

My opinions were demonstratively open-minded. I do think that it is unique for an young ISTp to write so well and also to take an interest in Socionics. Te doesn't seem to manifest this way at young ages, from my experiences. I was merely asking her a question out of curiosity. I never assumed anything.

But Herzblut is now a self diagnosed ESTp.

@Mystic Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I'm 15; is that one of the reasons why you assume that I'm an INTp?
    Didn't think of it, but perhaps it was. You just remind me of an INTp I knew. He was a good guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ayoforjager
    I think it's interesting how everyone thinks ISTP's (and sensing types in general) are stupider than intuitives, and that the only intelligence they are capable of involves fixing a sink.
    If you want to know about a genius level ISTP, read up on Ty Cobb.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Default Re: interesting

Just remember that INTj is ISTp's Benefactor and the majority type of this forum is INTj.
    http://www.the16types.info/relations-14.php
    oldforumlinkviewtopic-91.html

Theoretically, INTjs regard ISTps as poor and bubble-headed and feel uncomfortable to find an ISTps' virture; no matter they hardly have it or it vies with theirs. Then few of them (I hope so!) lose their head in scattering anti-ISTp utterances. Or, maybe, some teasers are using this logic as a terrible pretext. So don't care of it, or don't care of the theoretical destiny of these two resemble lesser creatures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just remember that INTj is ISTp's Benefactor and the majority type of this forum is INTj.
    Somehow based on that above, in a highly intuitive way, I would say that the16types forum has integral type of Socionics INTj. Following is concluded from this idea, that we have strong alfa values presented and to undestand what is going on around here there should be use of reading materials Malyshka wrote far back, just for understanding the overall situation in here.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Waddles W

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth
    I have a very close ISTp friend that I have always admired the intelligence of.
    I feel the same way about my uncle. Very intelligent.... I still feel the relations of benefit though. He just doesn't seem to see the big picture. Absolutely brilliant though.

Creepy-Ice

everyone was surprised that this young ISTP could write so well, and some even assumed the ISTP was an INTP.

I think it's interesting how everyone thinks ISTP's (and sensing types in general) are stupider than intuitives, and that the only intelligence they are capable of involves fixing a sink. There is no reason why an ISTP with a strong Te function wouldn't be able to write that well. Also it makes sense that an ISTP in search of self-knowledge would do exactly what Herzblud did, using the internet as a tool in the search for more knowledge. (the socionics.com description says ISTPs are very curious.)
    I agree COMPLETELY. I am an ISTP and from what Ive read on most socionics based forums, people seem to have a presumption that ISTPs are great plumbers, great handy men but because they are not academics they are stupid. Then again i am guilty of generalizing ENTPs as shady people based on my experiences, so I guess what goes around comes around. ISTPs are underestimated in that regard though.. We are walking compendiums of general information, and experts at what we become interested in (to the point it seems like obsession to an outsider). We are VERY lazy though, and this is reflected in our schoolwork. Theoretical subjects such as chemistry were interesting to me but I did struggle a lot in that course. Physics and mathematics were more interesting to me, but I just made sure I passed. I would study at the last minute or come to class 2 minutes late running all the way just to make a challenge for myself in the boring day (I did this for work as well). Im rambling now so I will stop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps, such as Claude Monet, are generally perceived as lacking depth, but then again, Monet does have paintings hanging in the Louvre and various other major cultural centers. Perhaps depth, like intelligence, are words that ought not be applied when talking about personality types as they come with too many pre-existing biases and connotations. Its hard to get away from this sort of vocabulary, but I think we must, lest we offend people who in many cases deserve the utmost respect and admiration for the contributions that they bring to the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is coming from an ISTP so take it for what its worth...

Most people I know look highly upon ISTPs, as they can talk about a wide amount of topics, and are generally well balanced people.

The only thing they look down upon is the self destructive behaviour many exhibit.

Because we can be such an enigma to people, they are fascinated by us.

I think INTJs just see a them as a stereotypical marine, cant write his own name but can aim a gun pretty damn well (im exadgerating obviously). They see we have some talents but overlook these for the more negative aspects and lack of productivity/lazyness we can exhibit.

hoooah!
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are more likely to self destruct when we've had a huge conflict with someone important to us. Its when we are either very happy or very distraught we feel like hitting the bottle...
    lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta, the winter quadra

The first snowfall made me think about this a little bit.

Alpha: spring and easiness, youngness, growing
    Beta: summer, lots of action, heat, goings on
    Gamma: the harvest, the profit, decide what to leave and what to take, before the winter comes
    Delta: the winter, what survives, calmness, no heat, less commotion

I know there are various articles (feel free to link/post them) about the seasons and/or ages of the quadra.

But I was thinking a few thoughts today as I came home, 530 and it being quite dark out. It's all very "intuitive" and kind of flimsy, but, perhaps it's something to consider. More later, perhaps.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I thought this thread was about me. But I like winter. And snowflakes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Eww! No, no, no! Good reasons, but I hate the winter. It gets below freezing at night! I like spring. It's my favorite color, and it keeps getting warmer instead of vice versa.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm juiced about winter. Can't wait till I start hitting the slopes, feeling that cold breeze.

See?

"Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I'm juiced about winter. Can't wait till I start hitting the slopes, feeling that cold breeze.

See?

*shivers* We don't get snow in the desert, and I'm glad. It makes my hands numb, and numbness was the worst part of my four oral surgeries.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    *shivers* We don't get snow in the desert, and I'm glad. It makes my hands numb, and numbness was the worst part of my four oral surgeries.
    True. I just make sure to put on plenty of layers. So inevitably, I end up sweating in the snow heh.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    True. I just make sure to put on plenty of layers. So inevitably, I end up sweating in the snow heh.
    In our theatre class, we have heavy costumes and bright lights in our faces. This encourages sweating, but we're supposed to be shivering in the snow.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While my favourite season is fall, winter comes second (here, the temperature can go down to -50 degreeC with the windchill which I do not find so pleasant).

EDIT: Spelling
    Last edited by The Greeter; 11-18-2008 at 11:26 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    While my favourite season is fall, winter comes second (here, the temperature can go down to -50 degreeC with the windshield which I do not find so pleasant).
    windchill, you mean?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta say I love the winter! I moved from a warm place to a cold one, partly for that. As long as it's not too cold, it's refreshing! and snow is pretty.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    windchill, you mean?

Yes, thank you. haha
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.