Thread: general health of one's type

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default general health of one's type

I've been thinking about how there has been talk about an unhealthy type begins to exhibit behavior characteristic of their weak functions. Assuming subtypes exist, do you think that it's healthier or not healthier or irrelevant to use your accepting or producing function more than the other?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I've been thinking about how there has been talk about an unhealthy type begins to exhibit behavior characteristic of their weak functions.
    Do you know who claimed this? It can easely be a statement that is derived from speculating and reasoning, which is not as reliable as observations.

Secondly, unhealthy as in personality disorders? or as in being depressed for a period? Unhealthy is to general I think.

And to add, I am fairly convinced that subtypes aren't signs of being unhealty of whatever form.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Do you know who claimed this? It can easely be a statement that is derived from speculating and reasoning, which is not as reliable as observations.

Secondly, unhealthy as in personality disorders? or as in being depressed for a period? Unhealthy is to general I think.

And to add, I am fairly convinced that subtypes aren't signs of being unhealty of whatever form.
    ah yes i meant an unhealthy person psychologically. Well, i think it makes sense theoretically, and I might feel that I experienced this myself. I remember Expat had a thread a long time ago about acting like one's conflictor under very extreme stress. When one is not emotionally well one might attempt to use their super id. Haven't you done that?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I've been thinking about how there has been talk about an unhealthy type begins to exhibit behavior characteristic of their weak functions. Assuming subtypes exist, do you think that it's healthier or not healthier or irrelevant to use your accepting or producing function more than the other?
    Well, for ego functions, it comes down to experience perhaps. Right people right time just the wrong location.

Using weaker functions is when we are outwith our depth. I think PoLR is general life things which can require day to day assistance. Role function is crisis and panic time. For me with Ni-Ne role it is when new things are expected and i'm in charge in a work enviornment.

This is when assembling the right team is required.

Or a good dual can help.