Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 53

Thread: INFjs and ESTjs - what are you like when DRUNK?!?!!??

  1. #1
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default INFjs and ESTjs - what are you like when DRUNK?!?!!??

    Yes, I know this may seem like a strange question coming from someone with my reputation (or, perhaps, lack thereof), but I didn't want you to feel left out.


    For the record, while I've had small amounts of alcohol a couple of times, I've never been drunk, so I can't tell you what I'm like when intoxicated. The closest I've gotten to that or to being high is from prescribed pain medication.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    For the record, while I've had small amounts of alcohol a couple of times, I've never been drunk, so I can't tell you what I'm like when intoxicated. The closest I've gotten to that or to being high is from prescribed pain medication.
    same, though actually... how do you know when you're drunk? The closest I've been, I was starting to lose some balance when I was standing but I still felt remarkably in control of what I was doing and saying... I was just much more open to talking to new people and generally more relaxed (the context was a friend's 21st where I hardly knew anyone else (none of my close friends were there so I was definitely out of my comfort zone) and it was in a small trendy dimly lit bar where I'd otherwise have felt extremely out of place).

    the whole idea of drinking to get drunk or just being excited at the prospect of being drunk is pretty repulsive to me... but I have to admit that these kind of social commitments (where I don't feel any real connection to the people there) are a lot more enjoyable for me after a few drinks. When I have really good friends around though I don't need it.

  3. #3
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have not been drunk or high in my life nor do I plan to be.


    Of course, I have had plenty of offers and invitations to these kind of activities but I just decline it. I have been surrounded by my good friends drinking it casually and even tried a few sips here and there but have yet to acquire a taste for it. I do not have any particular needs or desire for alcohol.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  4. #4
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm surprised how many people haven't gotten "drunk" before. Trust me, you'll know when you're drunk.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guess this solidifies my thought that Atlanta is a 'drinking town.' The only people I know who don't drink at all are a triathlete and a former alcoholic.
    IEE

  6. #6
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh geez. i guess i'll have to answer this thread.
    i'm: crazy, random, probably offensive, spastic, loud, and slutty.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  7. #7
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Guess this solidifies my thought that Atlanta is a 'drinking town.' The only people I know who don't drink at all are a triathlete and a former alcoholic.
    Same here. It's considered a bit odd if you don't drink here. Not drinking isn't a bad thing, it's just not the norm here. Just about everyone I know has had at least one DUI. I myself haven't had one, but it's rare to find someone who hasn't...which is a bit scary. Perhaps I'm surrounding myself with the wrong sorts of people. Drinking and Football go hand in hand and all my friends are sports nuts. It's Saturday? College football, let's drink. It's Sunday? Bears are playing, let's have a drink. Monday? Monday night football, let's have a drink. Tuesday? No football? Let's have a drink.

  8. #8
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Same here. It's considered a bit odd if you don't drink here. Not drinking isn't a bad thing, it's just not the norm here. Just about everyone I know has had at least one DUI. I myself haven't had one, but it's rare to find someone who hasn't...which is a bit scary. Perhaps I'm surrounding myself with the wrong sorts of people. Drinking and Football go hand in hand and all my friends are sports nuts. It's Saturday? College football, let's drink. It's Sunday? Bears are playing, let's have a drink. Monday? Monday night football, let's have a drink. Tuesday? No football? Let's have a drink.
    hubby and i decided to stop drinking a few months after we met. but, we're the same around sports, but ours just happens to be food. MNF? pizza. college football, chips and salsa. green bay's on the tube? subway....

    i actually need a drink of late. remodeling a new house while homeschooling 3 kids and nursing another...i never sit still. sitting here for a few minutes a day is about it. the alcohol helps my muscles relax. otherwise, they are always ready to go, go, go, do, do, do. i'm about to get up and workout now.

  9. #9
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Guess this solidifies my thought that Atlanta is a 'drinking town.' The only people I know who don't drink at all are a triathlete and a former alcoholic.
    good. i was beginning to feel the town drunk. we should have some more "socionics meets" at the highlander. fwiw, i've noticed that as well.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  10. #10
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    good. i was beginning to feel the town drunk lately! we should have some more "socionics meets" at the highlander.
    Yes, then you can test these threads experimentally! For science!
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  11. #11
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Yes, then you can test these threads experimentally! For science!
    precisely!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  12. #12
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    oh geez. i guess i'll have to answer this thread.
    i'm: crazy, random, probably offensive, spastic, loud, and slutty.
    My INFj friend can be like this when he's drunk.

  13. #13
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    same, though actually... how do you know when you're drunk?
    Trust me, you'll know!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  14. #14
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Delta rationals have the urge to go on Stickam when they're drunk.

    Or is that Delta irrationals?

    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  15. #15
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have never, to the best of my knowledge, seen a drunk delta rational. my EII mother is a teetotaler as is her EII sister and LSE husband. alcohol is of the devil, you know. The other EII and SLE couple I know are social drinkers but I've never seen them drunk. Oh and I know yet another EII/SLE couple. Same with them, social drinkers. I would love to see them drunk though. That would be really funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  16. #16
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My LSE SO gets louder and talks even more than when sober. He's likely to get competitive, urging other people to do dares. Friday we went out, and when I came back from playing some pool, he had matches out all over the table trying to get people to answer trick questions. He'll also play stuff on the jukebox like "Bohemian Rhapsody" and try to get people to sing along - or else he'll rickroll the bar, and bask in the glares that the waitstaff send because they always know it was him. He's always a bit of a joker, but he gets downright rambunctious when drunk. And horny - he gets a kick out of trying to grope me underneath my jacket and then say "What?" with a big grin on his face when I look at him.
    He's got a great, infectious laugh, though, and no matter how obnoxious his behavior gets, he'll just start laughing and people always laugh with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  17. #17
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Yes, I know this may seem like a strange question coming from someone with my reputation (or, perhaps, lack thereof), but I didn't want you to feel left out.


    For the record, while I've had small amounts of alcohol a couple of times, I've never been drunk, so I can't tell you what I'm like when intoxicated. The closest I've gotten to that or to being high is from prescribed pain medication.
    I have a feeling if Minde tried pot, she'd just zonk out and fall asleep.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  18. #18
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm just being a brat, now that I've figured out how to use the IMG tags ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my experience is ESTj become flirtier and more rude, and INFj seem like they are finding the alcohol tastier ^^. it's rather cute.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I have never, to the best of my knowledge, seen a drunk delta rational. my EII mother is a teetotaler as is her EII sister and LSE husband. alcohol is of the devil, you know. The other EII and SLE couple I know are social drinkers but I've never seen them drunk. Oh and I know yet another EII/SLE couple. Same with them, social drinkers. I would love to see them drunk though. That would be really funny.
    my LSE friend is also a teetotaler... he says he just doesn't like the taste... but I don't believe him, I think he has moral issues with it.

  21. #21
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I imagine the Delta rationals would find themselves becoming more irrational as the drinks piled up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  22. #22
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    my LSE friend is also a teetotaler... he says he just doesn't like the taste... but I don't believe him, I think he has moral issues with it.
    I don't like losing control of myself - more so, I don't like doing this in questionable places, like parties. Especially if your LSE friend has had something happen to him or more so to someone he cares about, there's lots of reasons as to why to not enjoy getting drunk. It's very easy to take advantage of someone or do something stupid in such states - and I really dislike feeling foggy headed in general, or if I know that I'm not able to think well, it is not enjoyable. It could be "responsibility" related, too.

    If I'm chilling at home it would be less an issue, probably. I could see myself doing it with very close friends or people I was more secure about - really letting go. But in general I don't drink.


    I've never been "drunk", but I assume it's how I get when I get very very tired - which is, extremely "forward", and very "chill" - nothing much bothers me at all, and I think most things are somewhat humorous. Heightened sensuality, lusty.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I don't like losing control of myself - more so, I don't like doing this in questionable places, like parties. Especially if your LSE friend has had something happen to him or more so to someone he cares about, there's lots of reasons as to why to not enjoy getting drunk. It's very easy to take advantage of someone or do something stupid in such states - and I really dislike feeling foggy headed in general, or if I know that I'm not able to think well, it is not enjoyable. It could be "responsibility" related, too.
    Oh no, I agree with this - its not that my LSE friend doesn't enjoy getting drunk, its that he doesn't drink at all.

    My aversion to getting drunk originates from a situation like you mentioned - seeing someone I care about (or cared about, but thats another story) getting very depressed and trying to hurt himself after drinking too much.

  24. #24
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    LSE's I know who get drunk become very loud and abrasive. Quite boistrous. It's somewhat annoying but amusing at the same time, watching them become progressively more like this the more they drink.

  25. #25
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I have never, to the best of my knowledge, seen a drunk delta rational. my EII mother is a teetotaler as is her EII sister and LSE husband. alcohol is of the devil, you know. The other EII and SLE couple I know are social drinkers but I've never seen them drunk. Oh and I know yet another EII/SLE couple. Same with them, social drinkers. I would love to see them drunk though. That would be really funny.
    It's shit like this that really makes me just want to smack some Deltas and yell "lighten the f*ck up."
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  26. #26
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    It's shit like this that really makes me just want to smack some Deltas and yell "lighten the f*ck up."
    lighten up and just put a "u" where the "*" is. it's only a word and you obviously MEANT to use it. use it then.

  27. #27
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    lighten up and just put a "u" where the "*" is. it's only a word and you obviously MEANT to use it. use it then.
    lighten up and quit your nitpickery! Besides, maybe it was some sort of math problem...
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  28. #28
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    lighten up and quit your nitpickery! Besides, maybe it was some sort of math problem...
    lighten up and quit picking on me! maybe she needs a calculator then...

  29. #29
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lighten... up?

    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  30. #30
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    It's shit like this that really makes me just want to smack some Deltas and yell "lighten the f*ck up."
    But we are 'lightened' up! I just happen to think that I do not need alcohol to achieve this state but if people around me do, which they do, go for it.

    I just tend to avoid get-drunk-just-for-its-own-sake kind of parties.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  31. #31
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    lighten up and quit picking on me! maybe she needs a calculator then...
    Become depressed

  32. #32
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Become depressed
    hell no! been there, done that, too many times....

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when I hear that someone chooses not to drink alcohol, I think 'more power to them!'

  34. #34
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    lighten up and just put a "u" where the "*" is. it's only a word and you obviously MEANT to use it. use it then.
    oh i have no problem with cursing. i just wasn't sure if that's the sort of thing that could get me banned now. and pigs will probably fly before i even attempt to read any rules i've signed off to.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    But we are 'lightened' up! I just happen to think that I do not need alcohol to achieve this state but if people around me do, which they do, go for it.

    I just tend to avoid get-drunk-just-for-its-own-sake kind of parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    when I hear that someone chooses not to drink alcohol, I think 'more power to them!'
    yeah, i wasn't commenting about that. i have no problems with people who refuse to either be alcoholics or lushes. i was just commenting on the "getting drunk is bad" attitude. i really really hate that for many reasons.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  35. #35
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    oh i have no problem with cursing. i just wasn't sure if that's the sort of thing that could get me banned now. and pigs will probably fly before i even attempt to read any rules i've signed off to.
    cool, yeah, i wouldn't read them again either...

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    yeah, i wasn't commenting about that. i have no problems with people who refuse to either be alcoholics or lushes. i was just commenting on the "getting drunk is bad" attitude. i really really hate that for many reasons.
    what's a lush?

    and what are the many reasons (if you have time to explain)?

  37. #37
    The Greeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post

    yeah, i wasn't commenting about that. i have no problems with people who refuse to either be alcoholics or lushes. i was just commenting on the "getting drunk is bad" attitude. i really really hate that for many reasons.
    Why?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.




  38. #38
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    alcohol is of the devil, you know.
    That's for sure.

  39. #39
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Why?
    Heh
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  40. #40
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    what's a lush?

    and what are the many reasons (if you have time to explain)?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Why?

    lush- If presented with an opportunity to drink shamelessly and in large quantities, and if in the mood for a drunken good time, a lush generally won’t pass up on it. (UrbanDictionary.com)

    It basically differs from an alcoholic according to the reason for drinking- social and hedonistic- and not the severity of the drunkenness.

    I really can't find a correlation between lushes/drunks and people whom I value. I have a lot of friends that fit in both categories; there are also a lot of people who never touch a drink and I think are annoying as all hell. To me, it sort of depends on the person's motives for drinking. People's motives are sort of what differentiates them to me; not the manifestations of their motives-e.g., drinking or lots of casual sex. I see no such thing as a "wrong" manifestation.

    Also, generally speaking, I think that when people label external behaviors or processes as "good" or "bad," it's incredibly contrived and simplistic. Assigning normative values to labels are only good to me insofar as they serve as a shorthand to describe a common motive or as a "rule of thumb." I prefer not to use them, however, because people really do fall victim to categorizing things or people in this black and white way.

    And I'm going to be cynical here, but I really think that when people point to things and say "X is bad" it has the side effect (if not, intended purpose) of letting them rationalize their moral uprightness to themselves. Don't you think everyone's self-perception would be really positive (and smug) if they went around defining arbitrary things, such as eating pasta, as evil? Then they could just go out and kill someone and rationalize it by saying "well, I don't eat pasta, so I'm a good person."
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •