Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 56

Thread: SLIs-ISTps - what are you like when DRUNK?!?!!??

  1. #1
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SLIs-ISTps - what are you like when DRUNK?!?!!??

    take your time. Mull it over...
    n00bIEE

  2. #2
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A mute. An emotional mute. I get really moody and listen to sappy love songs and cry about ex boyfriends and then pass out.

  3. #3
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    i take it you don't drink Jessica

  4. #4
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sounds great! Sure you're not too extraverted to be a SLI?
    n00bIEE

  5. #5
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    sounds great! Sure you're not too extraverted to be a SLI?
    Why do you say that?

    Mercutio, what's up? How are things?

  6. #6
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    irl I would have said it with a smirk of irony *smirk*
    n00bIEE

  7. #7
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Why do you say that?

    Mercutio, what's up? How are things?
    I think he's picking up on the extroverted quality of being mute, listening to mood music, and pining over ex's. Because you know, all good extroverts never talk, always listen to mood music. And wallow in the past without amend.

    What's up? What's up! What the fuck do you think is up.
    Last edited by Satan; 11-10-2008 at 03:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't know, haven't tried it
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  9. #9
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quiet, grinning but not too laugh-happy, occasionally violent, breaks shit (their own, for fun) and throws people down stairs (for good reason), does not take criticism well at all, chick magnet. And sombreros!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  10. #10
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get horny.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  11. #11
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't get drunk for some reason. I've tried, but half way through a beer bottle, my head starts to hurt, I get dizzy then have to go to bed.

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  12. #12
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I can't get drunk for some reason. I've tried, but half way through a beer bottle, my head starts to hurt, I get dizzy then have to go to bed.
    Well, that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't recommend drinking. Gah, how I wish it took me just one beer

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I can't get drunk for some reason. I've tried, but half way through a beer bottle, my head starts to hurt, I get dizzy then have to go to bed.
    That's about as far as I have gotten. 1 beer is a lot of liquid, 2 beers - I'll vomit. The rest of alcohol rarely tastes any good.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    That's about as far as I have gotten. 1 beer is a lot of liquid, 2 beers - I'll vomit. The rest of alcohol rarely tastes any good.
    Beer makes me sick. I could have roughly 16 and not feel anything other than bloated. I'm not a fan of other drinks aside from Bloody Mary's. Those are my weakness.

  15. #15
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Beer makes me sick. I could have roughly 16 and not feel anything other than bloated. I'm not a fan of other drinks aside from Bloody Mary's. Those are my weakness.
    Maybe you haven't tried any strong beer? But yeah, bloated is how any beer would make me feel.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  16. #16
    Creepy-

    Default

    What about White Russians? They're a bit creamy, but oh-so-delicious. You won't get drunk from them.

    Hmm... what about just vodka and cranberry?? They'll clean out your urinary system while you give your liver some exercise. And maybe, just maybe, you'll get a buzz [after a couple of them, anyway].

  17. #17
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    What about White Russians? They're a bit creamy, but oh-so-delicious. You won't get drunk from them.

    Hmm... what about just vodka and cranberry?? They'll clean out your urinary system while you give your liver some exercise. And maybe, just maybe, you'll get a buzz [after a couple of them, anyway].
    Ohhh White Russians are just great. One of my favorites. Do you guys have those drive thru daiquiri shops down there? I remember when i was in New Orleans they were everywhere and quite hard to resist...this was where i was first introduced to the White Russian--in the passengers seat of a car Wasn't sure if they're everywhere in the south.

  18. #18
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    In Scotland, if you don't go out for beers with your friends, there's something wrong with you.

    But then the culture is different. In America it's all frat boys and stuff, which is my idea of hell. Prohibition messed a lot of things up over there.

    So to answer your question, if i'm around good friends and i'm drinking I tend to feel very happy and connected with them. One of my friends is so funny that i've found myself coming home with sore belly from laughing so much.

  19. #19
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If the SLI even drinks at all, I have found them to laugh a lot and make rude sexual jokes whilst drunk.

    I can think of one that would make jokes about how little sex he and his wife have.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  20. #20
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    If the SLI even drinks at all, I have found them to laugh a lot and make rude sexual jokes whilst drunk.

    I can think of one that would make jokes about how little sex he and his wife have.
    I find that difficult to believe, ISTp's are quite private people, but then dickery isn't necessarily type related.

  21. #21
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I find that difficult to believe, ISTp's are quite private people, but then dickery isn't necessarily type related.
    Marriage does strange things to people.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  22. #22
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Ohhh White Russians are just great. One of my favorites. Do you guys have those drive thru daiquiri shops down there? I remember when i was in New Orleans they were everywhere and quite hard to resist...this was where i was first introduced to the White Russian--in the passengers seat of a car Wasn't sure if they're everywhere in the south.
    I have never seen any such thing around here, but I will now be on the lookout - sounds good!



    And I just realized I forgot to answer the original question, so here: Most people cannot tell when I'm drunk. I have a high alcohol tolerance in the first place, but even with a lot in me I apparently don't change outwardly too much.

    Of course the way I am when drinking depends on whom I'm with and what we're doing... I can be more outgoing in some situations like going out with friends. You know I'm drunk if I'll actually dance, for one thing. But I don't get loud or obnoxious; actually, one of my best friends jokes that the only way you can tell is when I ask, "Can you tell I'm drunk?" which I ask because I don't like the idea of looking like a drunk person, haha.

  23. #23
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they become a walking stand up comedy show, throw stuff at bouncers, are rude and critical toward people, lead random people into having sex with them on balconies or in public restrooms.
    oh yeah, they also can not stop drinking once they start.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  24. #24
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    they become a walking stand up comedy show, throw stuff at bouncers, are rude and critical toward people, lead random people into having sex with them on balconies or in public restrooms.
    oh yeah, they also can not stop drinking once they start.
    Hmm... sounds more like ESTp's.

  25. #25
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I have never acted that way in public and would never no matter how much alcohol I've consumed. Just isn't me. I'm a very relaxed, quiet, easygoing, simple person when intoxicated....er wait, I'm also like that when not. I guess it doesn't change much except I'm just a lot more moody.

  26. #26
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Hmm... sounds more like ESTp's.
    This person is definitely an ISTP. She does it mainly to deal with her shyness and anxiety in social situations. When she drinks she feels more liberated. She also shows her Fi HA pretty strongly when drunk. She tells people things that she wouldn't normally say because she thinks saying them would make her a "bad person." When sober there's a sort of restraint she feels she needs to show lest it be her "fault" that relationships turn bad.

    But I mean, seriously, this question is sort of stupid. The stereotype of a drunk is loud, offensive, horny, and cold pizza eating, whatever the socionics type.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  27. #27
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    they become a walking stand up comedy show, throw stuff at bouncers, are rude and critical toward people, lead random people into having sex with them on balconies or in public restrooms.
    oh yeah, they also can not stop drinking once they start.
    huh sounds like me
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    But I mean, seriously, this question is sort of stupid. The stereotype of a drunk is loud, offensive, horny, and cold pizza eating, whatever the socionics type.
    I think it's interesting for that very reason: ISTp's, when drunk, tend to be mellow and laid-back, and the fact that they and other types don't fit the "loud, offenseive, horny, etc." stereotype is worth noting.

    That said, I wonder about that stereotype. Most stereotypes do have their roots in reality... probably it's that people who are obviously drunk act that way, which leads people to associate that behavior w drunkenness, when in fact many people can be intoxicated and not seem to show it at all.

    /musings on drunkenness on a Monday morning. Actually, I haven't had alcohol for a while now. Now I am looking at my coffee and wondering who would notice if I added a bit of vodka... you know, just to get a jump start on facing the day ahead

  29. #29
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho
    Then saying "they," when describing one probably-unhealthy person, was a bit misleading.
    it was really more than one ISTP. I was just saying that one, in particular, I know very well.
    And I wouldn't say any of them are unhealthy.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  30. #30
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I think it's interesting for that very reason: ISTp's, when drunk, tend to be mellow and laid-back, and the fact that they and other types don't fit the "loud, offenseive, horny, etc." stereotype is worth noting.

    That said, I wonder about that stereotype. Most stereotypes do have their roots in reality... probably it's that people who are obviously drunk act that way, which leads people to associate that behavior w drunkenness, when in fact many people can be intoxicated and not seem to show it at all.

    /musings on drunkenness on a Monday morning. Actually, I haven't had alcohol for a while now. Now I am looking at my coffee and wondering who would notice if I added a bit of vodka... you know, just to get a jump start on facing the day ahead
    i think it would be difficult to correlate what a person acts like when drunk with socionics types. bodies process things differently. just sayin'.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  31. #31
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    /musings on drunkenness on a Monday morning. Actually, I haven't had alcohol for a while now. Now I am looking at my coffee and wondering who would notice if I added a bit of vodka... you know, just to get a jump start on facing the day ahead
    I had a friend who spiced his coffee with vanilla flavored vodka before going to his job on Wall Street. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess, haha. My friends are a bit odd.

  32. #32
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think it would be difficult to correlate what a person acts like when drunk with socionics types. bodies process things differently. just sayin'.
    yeah i agree with this. whatever the reason, i don't think drunk behavior is a type related thing. if you're talking about motives for drinking, things you focus on in your head, reasons for behavior, then possibly socionics type related. but the <drops computer> "heyyyyyyy. i'm drunkenenahrswurnfdf" <hiccup> is probably not type related.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  33. #33
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    it was really more than one ISTP. I was just saying that one, in particular, I know very well.
    And I wouldn't say any of them are unhealthy.
    Yeah, I re-thought that as soon as I posted it and deleted it because I figured you knew what you were talking about... who's to say. But ya caught it pre-edit, haha.


    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think it would be difficult to correlate what a person acts like when drunk with socionics types. bodies process things differently. just sayin'.
    I wouldn't know, but I think it might be interesting to consider whether there are any correlations.

  34. #34
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I had a friend who spiced his coffee with vanilla flavored vodka before going to his job on Wall Street. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess, haha. My friends are a bit odd.

  35. #35
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I had a friend who spiced his coffee with vanilla flavored vodka before going to his job on Wall Street. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess, haha. My friends are a bit odd.
    i would probably do that too if i worked on Wall Street. I worked in finance environment in NYC for awhile and it was the most soul crushing experience. It's practically the equivalent of suicide for any person who isn't primarily motivated by personal wealth. I had similar...umm... "coping habits" as your friends. Whatever numbs you out the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Yeah, I re-thought that as soon as I posted it and deleted it because I figured you knew what you were talking about... who's to say. But ya caught it pre-edit, haha.
    ah. well, thanks for the benefit of the doubt.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  36. #36
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I think he's picking up on the extroverted quality of being mute, listening to mood music, and pining over ex's. Because you know, all good extroverts never talk, always listen to mood music. And wallow in the past without amend.

    What's up? What's up! What the fuck do you think is up.
    dattebayo is a girl

    just realized that my username just doesn't roll of the fingers. Can u change your name if u wanted?
    n00bIEE

  37. #37
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Well, that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't recommend drinking. Gah, how I wish it took me just one beer
    you should try an evening in my shoes then. I am the definition of super light weight Getting me drunk is cheap

    [QUOTE=songofsappho;449496]I think it's interesting for that very reason: ISTp's, when drunk, tend to be mellow and laid-back, and the fact that they and other types don't fit the "loud, offenseive, horny, etc." stereotype is worth noting.

    That said, I wonder about that stereotype. Most stereotypes do have their roots in reality... probably it's that people who are obviously drunk act that way, which leads people to associate that behavior w drunkenness, when in fact many people can be intoxicated and not seem to show it at all.
    QUOTE]

    I agree. I mean I know 4 ISTps irl and all drink very rarely, and all are quite quiet and mellow when drunk

    I think maybe being drunk enhances your base function... or just numbs out all other functions
    n00bIEE

  38. #38
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    I think maybe being drunk enhances your base function.
    Hmm, yeah. It does for me...x100

  39. #39
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Hmm, yeah. It does for me...x100
    So it makes you wanna nap?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  40. #40
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    So it makes you wanna nap?
    after like the second one, yeah. I quite enjoy listening to music after I've had a few...is anyone else like that or am I alone in this? I just notice the notes and what not a lot more and everything sounds a lot better and it's more enjoyable. Oh, and I eat...A LOT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •