Thread: Dale Carnegie

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wrote a book on how to have better interpersonal skills. Pure ESFp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How to Win Friends and Influence People"

Well that's basically Se and Fi written as a sentence. I found his books to be pretty interesting and useful, if not pretty obvious and common-sense stuff.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I resonate much with his stuff, creative is obvious concerning the relational component but also "drama" character, the expression of it. He's pretty much into conflict avoidance though, could SEE still fit with that nevertheless, just gaining "influence/leadership" through ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure there was a newer thread on this guy...anyways, I agree with SEE.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree very creative

opposed to

I really hate it when people use my name or make me feel important or fake interest etc.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-21-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished his book How to Win Friends and Influence People. I agree, by that title one could easily assume Fi & Se. However, the way he goes about influencing people sounds like an avoidance of Se, unless I'm mistaken. I believe the title is a bit misleading. He actually doesn't think you should use force to influence people, is very against the use of force or telling people what to do, but would rather look at things from the other persons perspective and come up with new ideas so that both can be happy and benefit. He's very interested in the potential of other people, and believes in encouraging other people to help them grow. He thinks people should do this whether they benefit or not.

"Yes, you who are reading these lines possess powers of various sorts which you habitually fail to use; and one of these powers you are probably not using to the fullest extent is your magic ability to praise people and inspire them with a realization of their latent possibilities."

Furthermore, he frequently emphasizes the consequences of ones actions in a way that doesn't seem very 1D Ni. At all. He's more like 'stop and think. If I get mad and say or do what I want, what will happen? Ones first reaction isn't always the best or right. Probably so and so will happen, and that is not very beneficial to me or the other party.'

Another thing is that he very frequently uses Abraham Lincoln as a prime example of how to handle people, giving examples from Lincolns life and how he handled situations, and he's basically saying do like Lincoln does. I personally think Lincoln was EII. Would a SEE admire how someone with Se PoLR handled interpersonal conflict?

Now, perhaps something being beneficial is Se, or is it Te? Idk. But I would like to put those things on the table as I'm not fully convinced Dale Carnegie was SEE. I'm actually thinking he could be IEE, unless I'm going about understanding these things completely wrong and someone would like to set me straight. Just some things to think about...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with IEE. EII could be. Hard to see Gamma SF.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I just finished his book How to Win Friends and Influence People. I agree, by that title one could easily assume Fi & Se. However, the way he goes about influencing people sounds like an avoidance of Se, unless I'm mistaken. I believe the title is a bit misleading. He actually doesn't think you should use force to influence people, is very against the use of force or telling people what to do, but would rather look at things from the other persons perspective and come up with new ideas so that both can be happy and benefit. He's very interested in the potential of other people, and believes in encouraging other people to help them grow. He thinks people should do this whether they benefit or not.

"Yes, you who are reading these lines possess powers of various sorts which you habitually fail to use; and one of these powers you are probably not using to the fullest extent is your magic ability to praise people and inspire them with a realization of their latent possibilities."

Furthermore, he frequently emphasizes the consequences of ones actions in a way that doesn't seem very 1D Ni. At all. He's more like 'stop and think. If I get mad and say or do what I want, what will happen? Ones first reaction isn't always the best or right. Probably so and so will happen, and that is not very beneficial to me or the other party.'

Another thing is that he very frequently uses Abraham Lincoln as a prime example of how to handle people, giving examples from Lincolns life and how he handled situations, and he's basically saying do like Lincoln does. I personally think Lincoln was EII. Would a SEE admire how someone with Se PoLR handled interpersonal conflict?

Now, perhaps something being beneficial is Se, or is it Te? Idk. But I would like to put those things on the table as I'm not fully convinced Dale Carnegie was SEE. I'm actually thinking he could be IEE, unless I'm going about understanding these things completely wrong and someone would like to set me straight. Just some things to think about...
    I haven't read the book and I don't know what type he is, I just wanna add I don't think is necessarily about using force. I've actually rarely seen gamma SFs use force to influence people, and it works out well when they don't. I've seen some SEEs use force, especially some male ones (though I'm not sure what changes that they are male, except that I would venture that society expects force out of men more readily so it can explain that some SEEs are likely to use it due to social conditoning, in other words if one SEE uses force and one doesn't because of social expectations, this behavior should be seen more as a result of nurture than socionics...) but it is more rare.

I realize is described as forceful, but yet, getting what it wants at the same time, I'm not quite sure how one can be both, especially in our society where force will land you in jail iow the opposite of what you want.

Btw you have 666 posts.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I usually read this during teenage years. How to stop worrying and start living.
    I don't worry that time though but it gave me a preparation on how useless worrying is

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was forced by an LSE to listen to recordings of Carnegie material. Very folksy ideas, sort of Mr Rogers for grownups.

Delta NF sounds right.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was reading his quotes, that's a good resume and portray of IEE view points and thoughts. I've heard IEE repeat over and over the same stuff over the years. I think SEE is far from Dales that approach even when they can enjoy IEEs perspective.

Reading about socionics authors and types enrich and clarify our concepts and psichological perspective of sociotypes hence improves our typing skills.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

fantastic analysis! I have noticed the Ne too and I agree with IEE.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale Carnegie - ISTJ Dreiser

This is the comment you are looking for