Thread: Subtypes

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtypes

I've recently learned that there are two different kinds of subtypes. For instance, INTj-Ne could mean that such an INTj is similar to INFjs or ENTps, depending on which author is making the distinction. This changes my view on subtypes, for which I visualized a simple spectrum between the types (e.g., INTj-Ti - INTj-Ne - ENTp-Ti - ENTp-Ne). What this view essentially meant is that the INTj-Ne and ENTp-Ti subtypes border each other, and the border separating them is a type entirely between the INTj and ENTp types. However, there should now be two different spectrums for INTjs: one going from INTj-Ti to ENTp-Ne and one going from INTj-Ti to INFj-Fi.

On the other hand, I've now thought of something different. An alternative possibility is that an INTj-Ne values Ne more than Ti (but is stronger in Ti and uses Ti more often). Such an INTj may place more value on new theories and ideas than purely logical ones, but is stronger in logic and uses it more frequently. Further, such an INTj would be more similar to an ENTp-Ne than an ENTP-Ti. There would also be a behavioural similarity between INTj-Ne subtypes and INFj-Ne subtypes, since they both value Ne more than their leading function. (However, these INTjs would share less similarity with undifferentiated INFjs and INFj-Fis.)

Unlike my first theory, my second theory doesn't have an effect on intertype relationships. In my first theory, because, on one spectrum, an INTj-Ne is closer to ENTps, INTj-Ne subtypes prefer ESFj-Si subtypes, and can fair better with ISFps than the typical INTj. However, in my second theory, since INTj-Ne subtypes are not necessarily one step closer to ENTps, there is no relationship between their valuing of Ne and the valuing of their other functions. Therefore, they would have no specific preferences when it comes to the subtype of their dual. (I think that this actually makes more sense, based on what happens in practice.)

Anyway, tell me which theory you prefer. (Or whether you prefer some other interpretation.)

Jason

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the second one works
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an old thread, since it's called Subtypes, rather simple, I'd just like to say...

I think one certain subtype exists because the person is kind of more towards one quadra, and the other subtype is more towards the opposite quadra. For instance, I think Ni-sub works for me, because although I often process information through Te on a daily basis, my mind is mainly wrapped up in Ni, compared to a Te-ILI who looks more for direct unaltered Te and more of it, less a slave to the dominant but still so, and the Ni-sub puts more of a direct weight against Ne/Si orientation. This means I lean toward beta just a bit, and can come across having some attraction to my ID function, Ti. On the other hand, a Te-ILI (I think niffweed could qualify as this type, but I still don't think Jarno is an ILI)... A Te-ILI would have more weight on the scale against Ti and Fe, having a more potent PoLR and having slightly more orientation towards both Si and Ne information, relatively. And the main point being, a Te-ILI will seem more focused on Te than an Ni-ILI, so it does remain interquadra for the most part.

Both subs will obviously be the same quadra values, unmistakably. Both are definitely Gamma, but Ni-ILI has a bit more beta, and Te-ILI has a bit more delta. I also think there is a certain magnitude to subtypes, some Ni-ILIs being more Ni focused than others, and more Te focused than others, etc. Not two exact categories, but where in the spectrum to draw the line between the two?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some peoples' types close to ILI I can think of

aixelsyd Ni-ILI
    archon Ni-IEI
    arctures Te-ILI > Ni
    crazed Ni-IEI > Fe
    jarno Fe-IEI
    loki Ni-ILI
    morcheeba Fe-IEI
    niffweed Te-ILI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Some peoples' types close to ILI I can think of

aixelsyd Ni-ILI
    archon Ni-IEI
    arctures Te-ILI > Ni
    crazed Ni-IEI > Fe
    jarno Fe-IEI
    loki Ni-ILI
    morcheeba Fe-IEI
    niffweed Te-ILI
    You want me to type them?
    Morcheeba is ESFp
    Arctures is ISTp
    Polikujm is ISTp
    Jarno is either INTp or ISTp...he hasn't given me good pictures yet.
    Others...I will have to look up
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html