Thread: ILI-INTp usual appearance and posture

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI-INTp usual appearance and posture

Last edited by aixelsyd; 11-09-2008 at 02:01 AM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're an intp you must have bags under your eyes

and slouch

maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intps have a buildup of internal fluid in their skull cavity which makes their eyes puffy

and saggy

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I don't dismiss the possibility that cognitive functions can translate into how one carries themselves. So give me a fucking break. Jesus Christ. Can't ask a question without some smart ass.
    I wasn't even making fun of you. I was quoting someone else, but liked the formatting better without the quotes. I'm sorry if that offended you.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A If they were being serious, then fine.
    B I'm over it. I apologize for my rude behavior. I thought you were trolling me and usually I don't care but sometimes I will tell people to fuck off if they do that. nvm. I lay the guilt on my shoulders.
    Hey, I really shouldn't have posted it. I'm sorry about that. And the post was meant to be read sarcastically in order to convey a serious opinion—if that makes sense. Basically, they don't think there's a correlation.

I sort of doubt there's one as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely have bags under my eyes...
    But I do slouch.
    It's gotten to the point where I can't really control it anymore... my back isn't strong enough.

I think some INTps are like this because they spend a lot of time reading and writing, which is less tiring when you're bending over a desk. Plus INTps don't really feel the need to look authoritative or proper like some other types do.

Also, they might regularly stay up late reading, gaming, watching movies, etc., which leads to baggy/puffy eyes in the morning.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep my posture sucks too.

Usually I have both of my hands in my pocket, my head is leaning forward, near the ground. And I'm totally idle most of the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My posture sucks and I'm probably not ILI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have bags under my eyes when I haven't had enough sleep. And unfortunately, I slouch quite a bit more than I should.

My ILI friend does this thing where he kind of drags his feet when he walks. But on second thought, my IEI brother does the same thing. Maybe it's a Ni thing. lol I do think that different types can carry themselves differently and give off different vibes. this isn't unreasonable.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of intuitives give me the slouchy/bad posture impression. i tend to think it's not an ILI thing specifically.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't slouch
    but i've almost always had bags under my eyes.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with bad posture make my back ache -- whilst it might be a general intuitive > sensory attribute, I've known ESEs with bad posture as well -- usually because they're tall and female and want to fake being shorter. Like...sure. That's going to work.

I've been told that my way of carrying myself evinces 'superiority', but you know what? Apparently everything I do, whether it's chewing a sandwich or blowing my nose, probably could lead someone to accuse me of 'superiority'. Argh, I could probably be a sloucher, and be accused of 'slouching in a superior fashion'. Whatever. Better than being told I remind them of a bum, I suppose. I complain too much.

But seriously, slouchers, stand straight! You spine is your friend and you need to take care of it, mmk? Think of the orthopedic bills you'll be saving on in your old age!
    Last edited by unefille; 11-13-2008 at 05:46 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    'slouching in a superior fashion'.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    LOL, I wonder what type Mr Burns is...
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

LOL, I wonder what type Mr Burns is...
    INTp, or maybe ENTj. ENFj is also possibility because of the stuck in the past thing. But I'd say INTp because of his phlegmatism.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor posture is a sign of laziness and carelessness (a trait of laziness). Any type can be lazy, but certain types are probably more likely than others.

(It is true that physical deformities and conditions can affect one's posture, but it's somewhat rare for someone's body to be so messed up that they cannot correct their posture if they are willing to put forth the effort. What I said above, of course, is not applicable to those for whom it is literally impossible to sit/stand up straight, keep their chin up, etc.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Poor posture is a sign of laziness and carelessness (a trait of laziness). Any type can be lazy, but certain types are probably more likely than others.
    I think it can also be a sign of self-consciousness or shame or pessimism.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think it can also be a sign of self-consciousness or shame or pessimism.
    That's very true. To be honest, I suppose I would chalk that up to laziness in the end as well if the individual is not doing what he/she can to remedy those weaknesses, though I'm sure many would argue with or be offended by the idea.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very true. To be honest, I suppose I would chalk that up to laziness in the end as well if the individual is not doing what he/she can to remedy those weaknesses, though I'm sure many would argue with or be offended by the idea.
    True. IF the individual recognizes it as such (is mature enough to even think about it).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

With me, I either tend to sit upright with my back being rather stiff or I slouch to one side. It isn't a question of laziness - it's just that I get so absorbed with some activity that I don't notice or care how my body is during the activity, so I prepare beforehand. So I can be doing something for many hours with my posture causing me some discomfort but I don't care so much as long as I don't care so much.

Similarly, it isn't out of laziness that I delay eating or don't bother to eat at all - I just see it as more efficient to focus on what I am doing until I can no longer do it efficiently.

I've just had my legs crossed for five minutes and now my left lower leg feels like it has a bruise. My legs felt comfortable when they were crossed, and it stopped me falling out my chair while I was typing this post. And even though I knew my leg was hurting, I still went and crossed them again.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw, I had horrible posture until I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease when I was in my early twenties. I made sitting/standing up straight a priority, and a year or so ago I learned that I had actually overcompensated and straightened up my upper back and spine out too much. Now I focus on keep my pecs (and other muscles) loose so I can keep my shoulders back while they're relaxed. This is helping. My spine has a more "proper" curve to it now, though there's still work to be done, and I'll always need to remain aware of my posture. I think having had a breast reduction helped, though I don't think it would have been impossible to maintain good posture without having the surgery. Having it was definitely better for my back overall though.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. IF the individual recognizes it as such (is mature enough to even think about it).
    Another good point. They'll see it when they're ready, but personal growth is a life-long process, and they are where they are. And there's nothing wrong with that, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    With me, I either tend to sit upright with my back being rather stiff or I slouch to one side. It isn't a question of laziness - it's just that I get so absorbed with some activity that I don't notice or care how my body is during the activity, so I prepare beforehand. So I can be doing something for many hours with my posture causing me some discomfort but I don't care so much as long as I don't care so much.

Similarly, it isn't out of laziness that I delay eating or don't bother to eat at all - I just see it as more efficient to focus on what I am doing until I can no longer do it efficiently.
    Things like eating well, sleeping well, and maintaining proper posture are necessary in order to keep the machine that is your body "tuned up" and in proper working order. These are among the most effective things you can do to ensure that you are working at your highest levels of efficiency.

A car can't run without fuel. It will eventually break down if you never change the fluids or air filter. And the tires will wear unevenly and eventually blow out if the wheels are out of alignment.

Things like diet and posture can be corrected relatively easily if you resolve to do so. It's just a matter of what one's priorities are.
    SEE

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Things like eating well, sleeping well, and maintaining proper posture are necessary in order to keep the machine that is your body "tuned up" and in proper working order. These are among the most effective things you can do to ensure that you are working at your highest levels of efficiency.

A car can't run without fuel. It will eventually break down if you never change the fluids or air filter. And the tires will wear unevenly and eventually blow out if the wheels are out of alignment.

Things like diet and posture can be corrected relatively easily if you resolve to do so. It's just a matter of what one's priorities are.
    I know this. But if I don't notice I'm hungry or I don't believe it is affecting my ability to function, then clearly I don't think eating is a high priority. I am also aware that I can rest when I am asleep, so why stop when I believe I am doing so well?

What is the point in replacing the things on a car unless they are worn out or it is efficient to do so (i.e. for example in a grand prix race you are trying to win)?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ack, Joy, you reminded me I need to get the oil changed on my car. I hate having to get auto maintenance done.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I know this. But if I don't notice I'm hungry or I don't believe it is affecting my ability to function, then clearly I don't think eating is a high priority. I am also aware that I can rest when I am asleep, so why stop when I believe I am doing so well?
    It's just a matter of forethought. If eating well is a priority, you make sure that there's decent food in the house and develop routines and habits that involve regular meals.

This would have sounded like a lot of work to me not long ago, but at this point the negative effects of not eating regular meals is so apparent to me that it seems a lot more difficult not to. If I am to be on top of my tasks today, I need to eat decent food at the right times. I don't expect my car to drive 300 miles on a quarter of a tank of gas, and I don't expect my body/mind to be able to do all I require of them if I don't eat and sleep.

By "rest" I meant sleep, btw. I have a tendency to stay up hours past when I start to feel sleepy and only sleep a few hours a night if I don't make recharging a priority. This isn't as detrimental to me as skipping meals or eating crappy food (like sugar cereal) instead of real food, but it takes its toll nonetheless. I guess to me, food is more like gasoline and sleep is more like oil changes. I can put off changing my oil for a bit, even if it means running less efficiently (and putting stress on my cars componants), but I can't accomplish much when I'm running on fumes.

So anyways, keeping up with eating and sleeping and whatnot doesn't come naturally to me, either. I just do what I need to do in order to work most effectively and efficiently. Developing good habits is not difficult when you look at it from the right perspective. Like I said, it's just a matter of ones priorities. If one's priorities are simply to not have to worry about that sort of thing any more than they have to, then that's what they'll end up doing. If one's priorities are to function effectively and complete their tasks quickly and well, then that's what they'll end up doing.

What is the point in replacing the things on a car unless they are worn out or it is efficient to do so (i.e. for example in a grand prix race you are trying to win)?
    If you keep up with the maintenance, your car is far less likely to develop problems. It also runs more efficiently.

ack, Joy, you reminded me I need to get the oil changed on my car. I hate having to get auto maintenance done.
    lol, anytime
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unefile's post reminds me of what an EIE drama geek said to me once as he gave me a lecture. Damn...he was sexy...but the lecture was annoying.
    lol, was that a roundabout way of letting me know my post annoyed you? haha
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    ?
    Were you quoting me instead of implied by any chance?
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

If that's true, then I'm changing my type.
    lol I'll take it that you don't like Monty?

INTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most defining outward traits of an INTp, I read a few times, is the posture. I would bet that INTps have the worst posture of anyone. I've noticed that INTps seem to stereotypically have a slumped posture. Personally, I'm always slouching. My parents would always yell at me because of my posture. Is this normal for INTps? I wonder if INTps are more accustomed to having bags under their eyes. If you look up L from Deathnote, you should find a character that has all these traits.

Basically, I'm wondering if this has any correlation at all to what people have witnessed to help assess some of the Russian material which I otherwise find credible. Keep this serious and civil and without some smart ass comments, otherwise GTFO.
    My INTp room mate always slouches, and he always holds himself awkwardly. He even talks awkwardly. He's a cutie in his own way though, some ESFp is going to eat him up someday (hopefully), if he ever exposes himself outside of our room.

Not only that, but he is able to sit in the same general slouched position for hours on end in the same spot in the corner of his room. It must be detrimental to his back. He doesn't work out and he hardly seems able to move, but he has no mass or fat on him at all, so he's very sprite-like. If he wasn't into certain eating habits (which are good), he'd probably be very fat.

He eats significantly less calories than I do, from what I can tell.

He's sort of cute because when I look at him during conversation he kind of smiles and gets goofy-like and has a little wink/twitch. And he never talks unless I instigate things, or unless something major happened.

His posture seems to be kind of like he melted into the chair, although he livens up when I am conversing with him.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just a matter of forethought. If eating well is a priority, you make sure that there's decent food in the house and develop routines and habits that involve regular meals.
    Covey!
    *hi five*
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with bad posture make my back ache -- whilst it might be a general intuitive > sensory attribute, I've known ESEs with bad posture as well -- usually because they're tall and female and want to fake being shorter. Like...sure. That's going to work.

I've been told that my way of carrying myself evinces 'superiority', but you know what? Apparently everything I do, whether it's chewing a sandwich or blowing my nose, probably could lead someone to accuse me of 'superiority'. Argh, I could probably be a sloucher, and be accused of 'slouching in a superior fashion'. Whatever. Better than being told I remind them of a bum, I suppose. I complain too much.
    EIEs can be great leaders in that way, they "play the part" that everyone essentially wants someone to play.

(There's a very good book about "abusive leaders" or something - about how people sometimes need/want someone else to be a leader to solve all their problems - so if someone wants to take that responsibility, great - they get to just sit back and be a follower and blame the leader if something goes wrong. I'll try to find the actual name of the book)

I don't think EIEs are inherently "bad leaders"; not at all. Rather, I've develop less biting dislike for that sort of attitude. I see how it's useful. Modeling is an important part of leadership, or of anything you commit yourself to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    My INTp room mate always slouches, and he always holds himself awkwardly. He even talks awkwardly. He's a cutie in his own way though, some ESFp is going to eat him up someday (hopefully), if he ever exposes himself outside of our room.

Not only that, but he is able to sit in the same general slouched position for hours on end in the same spot in the corner of his room. It must be detrimental to his back. He doesn't work out and he hardly seems able to move, but he has no mass or fat on him at all, so he's very sprite-like. If he wasn't into certain eating habits (which are good), he'd probably be very fat.

He eats significantly less calories than I do, from what I can tell.

He's sort of cute because when I look at him during conversation he kind of smiles and gets goofy-like and has a little wink/twitch. And he never talks unless I instigate things, or unless something major happened.

His posture seems to be kind of like he melted into the chair, although he livens up when I am conversing with him.
    awww, he DOES sound like a cutie.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is also very sensorily unaware. Little things... like right now, when he put down the blinds last time, he didn't put them all the way down; they were just hanging there, one slide a few centimeters up off the ledge, the other touching it barely. It doesn't bother me particularly (as in make me feel like chastising him), so I just adjusted it - if the blinds are resting on the window sill, there is less tension on the string/pull strings, so they wear out less quickly.

The first thing we(I) did actually was have the blinds in our room replaced because they were really beat up. So hopefully our new blinds will not end up like those were at the end of the year.

Sometimes he doesn't realize when the room smells because his senses adjust to it as he is always in here. It's never TERRIBLE, but, when I open the windows and say let's air out the place, he doesn't really mind.

The very cool thing, though, is that he is pretty much silent, so if I ever need to rest, I can always go to my room at any time during the day and relax or sleep in, etc. First time I've ever been able to do that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    He is also very sensorily unaware. Little things... like right now, when he put down the blinds last time, he didn't put them all the way down. It doesn't bother me particularly, so I just adjusted it - if the blinds are resting on the window sill, there is less tension on the string/pull strings, so they wear out more quickly.

The first thing we(I) did actually was have the blinds in our room replaced because they were really beat up. So hopefully our new blinds will not end up like those were at the end of the year.
    sounds like you and he are a pretty good match for roommates.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*I just wrote more on that post*

sounds like you and he are a pretty good match for roommates.
    As for what I prefer in a male college room mate that I have to live with? Yes, I definitely lucked out (I didn't choose this room mate, it's how things worked out for various reasons)

no drama
    no noise
    no trouble
    and we can talk about politics at least and current events (polisci major), so it's not like we're in totally different fields.

We respect each others space pretty much, so I don't really have any complaints. I let him do what he wants (although I often try to invite him to come to certain events.... I'm not as obnoxiously persistent as the ESFp that he needs, though), and he doesn't impose himself on me very much at all, despite his own sleeping schedule - which basically means that we turn out the lights at a certain time and I don't make a lot of noise - which is fine with me.

We're not particularly close or anything, but we're on good terms it seems. I'll probably keep in touch with him as time goes by, but I don't think we'll be best of friends or anything like that.

He almost never
    ever
    ever
    ties his shoes : /

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could definitely be worse, that's for sure.

Funny about never tying his shoes! ?? Random. Hope he doesn't trip!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least he wears shoes. that's positive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is an ILI; he's the slouch king.

-Slouches
    -Head cranes forward
    -Puffy eyes (and red)
    -Always looks like he's tremendously tired

ILI like you wouldn't even believe.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

yes, INTp's TEND to slouch. but it doesn't mean that you automatically have to do that
    it's too much siting in front of computer, not sociotype

I know enough 3- and 4d Si slouching and having dark bags under their eyes, even though socionical descriptions say they shouldn't
    the greatest praise a person can have is composed of two simple symbols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast