Thread: Delta STs and being straight

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Delta STs and being straight

Well, fair is fair. I think Delta ST are all straight!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you'd be right.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn' straight!
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they'd better have to ! how could they handle their wandering duals otherwise ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well, fair is fair. I think Delta ST are all straight!
    Last friday I just found out that an old ISTp friend of mine (female) is in fact not straight at all
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST females in general seem to be either one extreme or the other. Really gay or really straight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    ST females in general seem to be either one extreme or the other. Really gay or really straight.
    yeah sort of like male NFs
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I'm bi.
    Pretty far to the hetero side of the spectrum, mind you. But the last time I dated a woman was just last year. I'm very attracted to women; I just don't initiate stuff and there's only been a few cases of women approaching me when I was willing to give things a try.
    Every person I've been in a relationship with has been entirely different from every other person. The times I've been dating a woman, there was no "wow, this is strange" kinda feeling to it - it's just me, learning to move in accord with another human. ("move" in many senses of the word - sexually, yes, but also socially and at home, coordinating interests and schedules, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm?

Every ISTP female I've met has been somewhat masculine

(although not without their feminine charms)

I dont know if extreme would be the right word, lol.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    hmm?

I don't think I'm very masculine but whatever.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..and by extremes, i didn't mean masculine or feminine. I meant in terms of sexuality.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but like, I dont know how you can be extremely straight, lmao. Sounds like overcompensation if anything.

And about the masculine, its more the vibe then anything. ISTP energy tends to be masculine as ENFP feminine, if that makes sense
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon further thought, I have felt I play the semi-manly role in my relationships. I'm very turned off by "manly men"...I kinda feel a bit gay in those relations. I just contradicted myself. Oh well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two female ISTps I know definitely send out masculine vibes. They are like these no bull shit girls. I always wish I was more like that. Guess that's why I like them. They don't let anyone or anything dictate them. In this day and age that's pretty cool

oh, and both of them complain about being misunderstood as they do not see them selves as particularly masculine or threatening
    LOL I know them so I see where they are coming from but I can see why others get that impression. One of them scare the living s*** out of my ENFp friend. She just never talks to him... ha ha that's duality for you
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the "no-bullshit-taking" can send out the masculine vibe. Never really thought about it before. I'm queen of "cut the bullshit". Perhaps I could ease up a bit on this. But hey, it makes me popular with the ladies.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are these masculine ISTps? Most of the one's I've met seem awfully girly to me.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Who are these masculine ISTps? Most of the one's I've met seem awfully girly to me.
    What can I say, I'm just too pretty for my own good.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the "no-bullshit-taking" can send out the masculine vibe. Never really thought about it before. I'm queen of "cut the bullshit". Perhaps I could ease up a bit on this. But hey, it makes me popular with the ladies.
    LOL most ladies tend too get scared s***less I have noticed. They simply don't know how to handle "the female ISTp". Especially the more housewife like ladies. I always get a kick out of observing this. Sort of just step back and let the awkwardness/indifference fold out before my eyes.
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    LOL most ladies tend too get scared s***less I have noticed. They simply don't know how to handle "the female ISTp". Especially the more housewife like ladies. I always get a kick out of observing this. Sort of just step back and let the awkwardness/indifference fold out before my eyes.
    lol. I get a kick out of it too. I'm sure many here have heard my various tales of how great I get along with these sorts of women. HA. If you choose not to socialize with them, you might as well put a stamp on your forehead that reads DEVIL because they sure treat you like it. You don't want to mess with them. Personally, I absolutely love making them feel uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He, you can actually see the satisfaction in the ISTps face in those situations. Priceless. And why be ISTp and female and not use it to mess with other ppls heads?

on another note I just realized something. Hayden Christensen (Haydn - Hayden? That Anakin guy) who I think is ISTp (I don't really know that much about him, but he reminds me of my bf, hence the typing) is often perceived as feminine. Assuming that he is ISTp it's funny how female ISTps are considered masculine.
    I guess it comes down to S and Te in girls don't live up to the stereotypical female, and Si (or lack of Se) in a guy is just seen as plain gay Go figure
    n00bIEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    hmm?

I'm somewhat masculine.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps it isn't so much a gay or straight thing, as much as it is a culmination of traits that can be deemed as more masculine and feminine, and these traits are then misenterpreted as either a gay or straight vibe?

Personally I think that beta NFs have a tendency toward traits that would be considered quite open and feminine in a lot of ways, and that Beta STs tend to complement this by having a tendency toward traits that are deemed by society to be of a more masculine and almost rigid, unyielding nature. They feel quite strong to me.

But hey, if that makes a me a giant mass of awesome ghey love, then so be it. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-

Now you people have me wondering about whether I am perceived as masculine. I wouldn't say I'm particularly "girly," but "masculine" doesn't feel right either. Hmm....

Creepy-

lol. I get a kick out of it too. I'm sure many here have heard my various tales of how great I get along with these sorts of women. HA. If you choose not to socialize with them, you might as well put a stamp on your forehead that reads DEVIL because they sure treat you like it. You don't want to mess with them. Personally, I absolutely love making them feel uncomfortable.
    Yes. I always thought this made me a little bit mean... now I feel a little better about it, heh.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Now you people have me wondering about whether I am perceived as masculine. I wouldn't say I'm particularly "girly," but "masculine" doesn't feel right either. Hmm....
    yeah. it's great.

in general i like thinking about masculinity and feminity. I think that a certain kind of person is interested in these factors though.. if an Se person is supposed to be more prone to physical biases or aversions/attractions maybe other functional preferences could lead one to become more interested in this area of difference..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One positive thing about not fitting in with stereotypes is that it can free you to be more fully human. Its a fine balancing act. On the one hand you don't want to live your life slavishly adhering to everyone standards to the point of not being yourself at all, on the other hand you don't want to alienate yourself from everyone, insisting that you must do every single thing your own way. Its easy to fall into the trap of what others may call 'eccentric'. That's why it's important to find supportive environments.
    I don't think people care as much as we think they do about how we come across. Maybe more in mass but not individually. Individually everyone is more concerned with themselves. Sometimes negative reactions to someone different is an expression of their own self doubt and fear.
    That being said, I particularly like thinking type women. I find them quite interesting and its easier to reason with them. I have more confidence in their conclusions.
    I find that many ST type men have lots of emotions and things they would like to say and do but suppress their desires for fear of being seen as unmanly. On way they get around that is by drinking lots of alcohol In a supportive environment they become much more expressive. Doing those things don't make a person less manly just more human.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allie, I can be your cougar. Gimme ur number.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I'm somewhat masculine.
    I don't believe you.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this said "DELTA STAND UP STRAIGHT" for a minute. I thought it was my mom calling.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I thought this said "DELTA STAND UP STRAIGHT" for a minute. I thought it was my mom calling.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    My Mom used to poke me in the spine with a fork at the dinner table if I slouched. Now my posture is so straight that I've had people tell me I stick out amongst sitting crowds. I actually had one SO tell me to *not* sit up so straight; he claimed I looked stiff and elitist. *That* was particularly pissy of him ... but I do have to admit that it made me self-conscious on the subways in Bangkok and Tokyo ...
    /threadjack
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed you have good posture in your pictures.