Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: How to speed read the 16 types

  1. #1
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How to speed read the 16 types

    what first impressions do the different types send out?
    n00bIEE

  2. #2
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    what first impressions do the different types send out?
    Great question!

    Some examples below, although one word descriptions are too general. But to keep it simple and useable as a quick guide, it might work.

    ENTP: smart
    ISFP: softness
    ESFJ: emotional
    INTJ: analytic

    ENFJ: charismatic
    INFP: idealistic
    ISTJ: reliable
    ESTP: confidence

    ENTJ: arrogance
    INTP: thinker
    ISFJ: helpful
    ESFP: fun

    ESTJ: bossy
    ISTP: aware
    INFJ: serious
    ENFP: playful

  3. #3
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, I am definitely idealistic. Everybody tells me that. Good job lol.

    Here's my one-word first impressions:

    ENTP: smart
    ISFP: sweet
    ESFJ: hectic
    INTJ: analytic

    ENFJ: showy
    INFP: idealistic
    ISTJ: eager
    ESTP: protective

    ENTJ: critical
    INTP: thinker
    ISFJ: blunt
    ESFP: fun

    ESTJ: bossy
    ISTP: handy
    INFJ: serious
    ENFP: diplomatic

  4. #4
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Here's my one-word first impressions:
    Yes, your ENTJ, ISTP and ENFP are improvements over mine.


    It think it's possible to get a real accurate 'first impression' description in two or three words. I'll be working on that tomorrow.

  5. #5
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    IMHO you send out Ni, Fe and Se-vibes, actually... Are you certain you're not a Beta NF??
    seriously? What makes you think that?
    n00bIEE

  6. #6
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    It think it's possible to get a real accurate 'first impression' description in two or three words. I'll be working on that tomorrow.
    looking forward to that. I'm kind off very into typing ppl at the moment

    the lists sort of make sense.

    Bulletsanddoves, I like how you describe ESTps as protective. I never thought of that
    n00bIEE

  7. #7
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mimosa always tries to steal the deltas away.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  8. #8
    Twist-Tie Spider iAnnAu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knoxhell TN
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Yes, your ENTJ, ISTP and ENFP are improvements over mine.


    It think it's possible to get a real accurate 'first impression' description in two or three words. I'll be working on that tomorrow.
    Heh. I'll take "aware" OR "handy" over "lazy" any day, although I certainly can't say the last one is inaccurate.

    However, I don't think it's possible to get an accurate impression in 2-3 words. May have to do with my IM or w/e. Or it may have to do with wishful thinking on your part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

  9. #9
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Yes, I am definitely idealistic. Everybody tells me that. Good job lol.

    Here's my one-word first impressions:

    ENTP: smart
    ISFP: sweet
    ESFJ: hectic
    INTJ: analytic

    ENFJ: showy
    INFP: idealistic
    ISTJ: eager
    ESTP: protective

    ENTJ: critical
    INTP: thinker
    ISFJ: blunt
    ESFP: fun

    ESTJ: bossy
    ISTP: handy
    INFJ: serious
    ENFP: diplomatic
    These are good, B&D. I love protective for SLE and sweet for SEI. And although you can't capture all of a person in one word, there IS definitely a general vibe you can get that can sort of be summed up.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  10. #10
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    However, I don't think it's possible to get an accurate impression in 2-3 words. May have to do with my IM or w/e. Or it may have to do with wishful thinking on your part.
    Yes unfortunately there will always be some overlapping.

    But using 2 words instead of 1, will make for unique descriptions which only fit 1 type. or possibly 2 different types. But not another type.

    e.g.

    ISFJ: Blunt

    blunt could also be an ESTJ

    If you write ISFJ: Blunt + Polite

    Then you have half an ESTJ or half an ESFP, but only the ISFJ for which both words can be used.

    (Quick explanation, hope it makes sense)

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just realized that the ESTj and ENTj descriptions are negative though. I mean, that might be taken as insulting. Words like fun and sweet might seem too positive. Who doesn't want to be fun and sweet? 'Idealistic' is pretty neutral though.

    But you can be bossy/critical in good ways though. So I don't think they're necessarily bad. I'm probably just judging them using too much .

    Whereas is attraction and repulsion, I view as more of what is nice and mean. (Hope I'm making sense there.)

  12. #12
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I just realized that the ESTj and ENTj descriptions are negative though. I mean, that might be taken as insulting. Words like fun and sweet might seem too positive. Who doesn't want to be fun and sweet? 'Idealistic' is pretty neutral though.

    But you can be bossy/critical in good ways though. So I don't think they're necessarily bad. I'm probably just judging them using too much .

    Whereas is attraction and repulsion, I view as more of what is nice and mean. (Hope I'm making sense there.)
    Or instead of bossy you could say something like "in charge" or "responsible". And I agree that "idealistic" can be bad or good.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  13. #13
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default !

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Probably nothing... I'm just trying to kidnap all Deltas, hehe...

    Well. To be honest I don't know, and I haven't read more than 2-3 of your posts, so it was just a "feel" I had yesterday, not based on evidence. If I TRY to use logics about it, I guess a lot of IEEs give off lots of positive Fe, as do you. The Se I feel...well, you are a little competitive all the time. Something showy in your interaction, I guess. It could be caused by upbringing, or just a very playful disposition, but it gave me a Se vibe. As for the Ni, I think it was about something you wrote about patterns and seeing things others don't see. Couldn't find it atm. It just caught my attention when I read it. Could be Ne, I guess.

    What about you? Are you certain of being IEE? Your intertype relations make sense?
    Mimosa! You really have me thinking over this one. I've always been 50/50 on I/E. I was pretty sure of being an ENFp in socionics though. I value the Delta values a lot. At the same time my ESTp sister is prolly one of my best friends. I dunno

    Its pretty amazing that you got that much out of a couple of posts. Some of it might be true, but the Ni thing, I think you got me confused me with someone else. I don't get Ni!!! Maybe you can explain what Ni feels like irl (not the whole mystic socionics description)
    n00bIEE

  14. #14
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I found this while searching for info on IEIs But they are more descriptions than first impressions

    ILE - Searching for the unknown and spreading knowledge.
    SEI - Deriving enjoyment from all your activities and interactions.
    ESE - Turning life into an enjoyable, beautiful experience.
    LII - Structuring reality and creating correct systems of thought.
    EIE - Riveting attention and energy to meaningful causes.
    LSI - Establishing and overseeing correct structures and systems.
    SLE - Challenging the current order and expanding influence.
    IEI - Creating meaning in the events of life around you.
    SEE - Acquiring social territory and influencing people.
    ILI - Recognizing underlying processes and deriving benefit from them.
    LIE - Achieving beneficial efficiency in all areas of life.
    ESI - Recognizing and balancing people's needs and expectations.
    LSE - Managing worthwhile, productive, and wholesome activities.
    EII - Being exemplary and instilling ideal values.
    IEE - Expanding your horizons and helping people develop.
    SLI - Balanced, harmonious living and temperance.
    n00bIEE

  15. #15
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only type I detect furiously fast irl is ISTp

    ISTp: focused and active, boyish and serious, quiet and observing, calm and confident
    n00bIEE

  16. #16
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I thought I was IEE for a long time without even questioning the I/E-dichotomy. I just thought I "had" to be an extrovert...

    The best advice I can give, is to read all of the descriptions you can find of IEEs and IEIs and see what description fits you better. Filatova's descriptions are good IMO.

    Don't read wikisocion. Except the subtype-descriptions, maybe. Ex. I am IEI ethical subtype, and the IEI-Fe is a lot more playful and "extroverted-like" than the IEI-Ni, I feel... :
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=IEI_subtypes

    Here's the thread I made explaining why I'm an IEI (and not an IEE).

    If that catches your attention, you could read these threads about how to understand introversion and extroversion and about how I went from IEE to IEI...

    Intertype relations were the main reason my IEI friend questioned my IEE self typing. He said I just connected too well with Betas and not with Deltas. As most of my ex-boyfriends were Betas, I started to think he might be right... I still find the Wikisocion description of Beta values ridiculous. It's just not how I feel. I wrote about that here.


    There! You now have enough litterature for the rest of 2008.


    ... ah... almost forgot... ... Here...
    Thanks Mimosa Enough to keep my mouth shut. And that doesn't happen much. So, guess i'll be reading for a bit...
    n00bIEE

  17. #17
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm...the more I look at threads like this, the more I identify with IEI > SEI. I feel as if I'm on a constant search for identity, understanding, nuances within society, how we are all different and yet the same. Actually, it reminds me of the myspace blog I wrote this morning, check it out if you'd like. Of course, I have a silly streak as well, but I think this occasionally gets confused for Alpha Si. I don't think that's what it actually is. I'm too emo for Alpha anyway

    ^^ See above silly streak joke.

    Anyway yeah. Thank you for providing these guys, it's been really insightful


    -Bee.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  18. #18
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Hmm...the more I look at threads like this, the more I identify with IEI > SEI. I feel as if I'm on a constant search for identity, understanding, nuances within society, how we are all different and yet the same. Actually, it reminds me of the myspace blog I wrote this morning, check it out if you'd like. Of course, I have a silly streak as well, but I think this occasionally gets confused for Alpha Si. I don't think that's what it actually is. I'm too emo for Alpha anyway

    ^^ See above silly streak joke.

    Anyway yeah. Thank you for providing these guys, it's been really insightful


    -Bee.
    Yeah, I have a super silly streak too. sounds like you could be IEI. Does IEI work well with your intertype relations also?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  19. #19
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mimosa! You should write!!! I would love to read anything from you. Seriously I can't help but to be curious after hearing that you dream of writing. What stuff do you write? Realistic stuff or faries and rainbows? You know what I mean
    I'm danish so I would prolly be able to understand it even if it is in norwegian

    Oh, yeah, I'm leaning against IEE again. But still not sure. Anyways the threads have given me a better idea of Ni. So thanks.
    On a side note, in MBTI I can go either way (INFP/ENFP)
    oh and do you value Si? Not food or clothes necessarily but do you find Si admirable in others?
    Come to think of it, I do think I'm IEE. I so value Si, I hardly get Ni. But I really value your input. I mean, It's fun to hear others POVs. Keeps things from stagnating
    n00bIEE

  20. #20
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Yeah, I have a super silly streak too. sounds like you could be IEI. Does IEI work well with your intertype relations also?
    is intertype relations an accurate way of determining type?
    and redbaron (cool name by the way. I used to use red b as a gamer tag and if i'm not mistaken you helped me out half a year ago regarding my SEI bf (who I think is really SLI, but a soft and friendly version) in which case I'm forever grateful, really!!!)
    what was I gonna say, oh yeah you write too? For some reason this makes me very curious. Is it fully fledged novels with intricate plots or is it more of a "here and now what ever I feel like/ is on my mind at the moment"? Or something completely different?
    I hope this is not too personal for you to answer. In that case just ignore me

    Sorry if my post is a bit unorganized. It's 3 am and thats my only excuse

    Bee, hope you figure out what you are. And then again not. Wondering is half the fun
    n00bIEE

  21. #21
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Yeah, I have a super silly streak too. sounds like you could be IEI. Does IEI work well with your intertype relations also?
    I'll tell you when I figure out how this whole SLE that I'm "not dating" works out.....


    I'd say yes
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  22. #22
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no problem, any time.

    and based on your style of writing, dattebayo, you're IEE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  23. #23
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I'll tell you when I figure out how this whole SLE that I'm "not dating" works out.....


    I'd say yes
    ooooh, there's an SLE you're not dating? I have one too only I'm not dating him for real (we're both married). lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  24. #24
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uh, Ill read it right away^^ This is exciting ho ho
    n00bIEE

  25. #25
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    is intertype relations an accurate way of determining type?
    Yes it's a very good way to confirm your type. You have to have experience with several different relationships though to recognize them. But if your relations are as written by socionics, then you have a very strong confirmation of your type!

  26. #26
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most of you send out the "I haven't seen the sun in weeks" vibe. Or the vibes I get from people when they corner me when I walk out of Wal Mart saying how can I possibly help such a heartless corporation.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  27. #27
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which one do I send out?

    And Jarno! Did you come up with the slightly longer descriptions. You won’t believe this, but I printed out your list and had it in my pocket all day. It’s still difficult though. I typed a couple of ppl. But I’m sure I mistyped them
    n00bIEE

  28. #28
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default



    This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).

  29. #29
    JRiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indian Territory
    TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly, I think the best way to "speed-read" types can happen pretty naturally. As you learn more you get subjective impressions of what other types are like and you begin to get a "feel" or "sense" for them pretty easily. Of course, you have to be careful with this, as some of these impressions could be learned wrong, or some people give out conflicting signals.

    In general though, people are good at developing really fast heuristics for figuring things out. It's kinda like learning math. When you were a kid, you probably had to do a lot more work to even get like a one-digit addition problem done. But over time, you develop your brain muscles to figure it out a lot faster. Just takes experience, practice, and iterative re-evaluation.

    JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

  30. #30
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default



    This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post


    This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).
    You're getting better with these!

  32. #32
    dattebayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Honestly, I think the best way to "speed-read" types can happen pretty naturally. As you learn more you get subjective impressions of what other types are like and you begin to get a "feel" or "sense" for them pretty easily. Of course, you have to be careful with this, as some of these impressions could be learned wrong, or some people give out conflicting signals.

    In general though, people are good at developing really fast heuristics for figuring things out. It's kinda like learning math. When you were a kid, you probably had to do a lot more work to even get like a one-digit addition problem done. But over time, you develop your brain muscles to figure it out a lot faster. Just takes experience, practice, and iterative re-evaluation.
    I guess you're right. Still hoping for some cheats or at least a walkthrough though
    n00bIEE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •