Default Buddy List - Organization

Anyone else as obsessed as me?
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For being cold, logical, solitary types, you INTjs sure are obsessed with people. Smells like unconscious Fe to me...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is our role function. I dunno if that has anything to do with it though :-), I noticed that during my life i did things related to my presently developing function. I've been focusing more on people since last year. Before that on concepts, before that as a kid, taking things appart to see how they work. whats next? will power, and living in the moment?
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

science is the new magic that we must learn to evolve beyond

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats Gaim for windows with a windows blinds skin. I have the MBTI types because i used those initially and i have everyone associated with those in my head and its hard to switch... but the functions are socionics functions... the first 4 concious ones and then 2 weak unconcious ones. Just in case i have to open up a can of whoop ass.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah its got a huge list of account types... AIM, Gadu-Gadu, ICQ, GroupWise, IRC, Jabber, MSN, Napster, Silc, Yahoo.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

I barely use ICQ and such communication programs, but in reality i'm trying always to guess the type of my friend, teacher, girl, and so on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, you INTj's fascinate me!

From my experiences with INTj's it seems they like to collect little things that are related to certain people or events which are important to them and then they organize these things and display them in pleasing ways. It's cute sometimes but sometimes it is also scary. Up front it looks like Fi at work, but I think its really a control issue(weak Se and consequently weaker Si).

I have also noticed that INTj's like to develop obsessions and pretend that they are part of these obsessions. I could be wrong about this but i have sensing this for some time. like they daydream that they are a part of something they want to be in but feel they never can.

looks like you have alot of friends for someone with so much free time on their hands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, relax, there's blenty of those where you came from. I'm blanning to launch new msn adress into internet and labeling people by types and quadras will be the one of the things' that I am planing..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Indeed. I've noticed the potential for grandiosity in ENTPs as well. Mayhaps it is an - thing. I like to align myself with my "obsessions." I incorporate them into my personality.[/quote]

The key word is potential.

Obsessions? Like what?

I actually have not picked up on any intj obsessions other than a compulsive need for thoroughness and organization. Intj's tend to be rather orderly, spartan types I think.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, for examples.

Well i want you to bare in mind that i'm most familiar with female INTj's and not male ones, so the fantasies are more feminine in nature(although compared to other types they really aren't that feminine in some regards.)

The notion first came to me when I was under the influence of a particular substance. I was sitting around with some coworkers and friends and right next to me was an INTj female. She had always dropped hints about how she so much enjoys are particular television show and how their lives are so perfect. during the night she snagged my sunglasses from me and when i questioned her about it she said "Oh, its like a filter". This got me thinking. She was very quiet the whole time but there was this image about her that reminded me so much of my ex girlfriend INTj. All of the sudden i thought "aha!" she's pretending she's a character from that show!

now there is little evidence to substantiate it, but when i asked her if she did things like that she said she did, and that she did it alot. My ex-girlfriend would develop little stories around her life as well. she worked in a video store and would always call herself "the cool video store chick". I remember how funny i found this- as thought she was playing a role(meanwhile I had even more ridiculous thoughts)This is sorta like a mirror to what ENTp types do only ENTp types don't so much contemplate as they believe they are what they wish they were. I'm sure plenty of ENTp's can agree that at one point in their lives they saw themselves as the next in the line of great world conquerors. I think her behavior was just a different side of the same phenomenon. more introverted thinking and therefore a more synthetic construct as opposed to an ideal based upon possibilities.

I'd say the spartan ideal fits in with this idea.

Again, its the weak Se(being a part of something special) Fi(being needed and important) functions that probably produce this.

As for saving and collecting things, well, i noticed that the INTj's like to assign personal significance to pictures or trinkets that interest them. One of them had a wall with a whole bunch of drawings of fairies and gnomes all over it, and also has an obsession with 1992 toyota camrys- her first car. It seems like INTj's like to assign playful meanings to things. Behind all of that cold and quiet exterior is a very playful person. Am I wrong?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)