http://www.rd.com/your-america-inspi...cle103575.html

All boys are extraverted Se types.

All girls are introverted Si types.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about any of that Se or Si shit, but I definitely agree that that is how I (still) learn. I knew quite a few girls who were distracted by teachers I used to have who liked to move around class.

But like it said, these are tendencies, not absolutes. I wonder if they'll start doing that here in Cali
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-bg

lol allie has a peepee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I must be a guy then. I would prefer the cooler colors, the loud and matter-of-fact voice, the moving around, the cooler temperature, etc. over what the girls have.

I hate bright colors, warm rooms, quiet voices, facing other people in a circle, and descriptive phrases. Why does being a girl mean I'm supposed to prefer that? I'd rather learn like a boy, in that case.
    Here's a pink pill.

Now get the fuck back in the circle.

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is complete and utter bullshit taken to stereotypical extremes. I'm a two-spirit shaman, with both genders in me equally... so of course I'd think that. But this is going to create even more bullying. What about the boys and girls who are naturally in the middle, or boys that want to just do girl things?

This person sounds like a conservative idiot to me.

The male eye is drawn to cooler colors like silver, blue, black, grey, and brown. Boys also tend to create pictures of moving objects like spaceships, cars, and trucks in dark colors.
    For me, the first sentence is true but also the second sentence is false. I guess I'm a she-male.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LMAO the source is 'Reader's Disguest' for heterosexist old people in waiting rooms. This is nonsense. The public school system is fucked up royally but mixing genders has nothing to do with it.

What a fucking quack I swear. Hey buddy I don't force society to mesh with my rules, if we had my way I'd just write 'Gay' on everything. So stop with yours. If you want an all-male school there's already private ones for that isn't there?

The public school system sucks because overpopulation, teachers who have a chip on their shoulder, and not understanding each person INDIVIDUALLY. Again we're abstracting/stereotyping people based on their gender. Jesus wept, indeed.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't understand is why the criteria for separation is based on something general and somewhat irrelevant - gender. I think it would be more interesting, if, for example, students were separated based on whether they are visual or auditory learners. That might lead to a protocol that gives better results.

Jason

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah education already is so gender-neutral or gender-mixed that I agree a study like this is pointless.

Any institution, whether gender-mixed or single-gender or whatever, even the thing you're talking about- takes away from learning imo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    What I don't understand is why the criteria for separation is based on something general and somewhat irrelevant - gender. I think it would be more interesting, if, for example, students were separated based on whether they are visual or auditory learners. That might lead to a protocol that gives better results.

Jason
    This could be a stepping stone towards that. I agree, gender is kind of a glaring but probably not too significant difference in ways people learn.

- Voltaire

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking vs. feeling? That's what I normally expect from male vs. female studies, and I can make this fit that bias.

I noticed the phrase "tendencies, not absolutes." Is this a sure sign that you're reading nonsense? (Anti-socionics moment...)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari