Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you should take socionics with a grain of salt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Why you should take socionics with a grain of salt

People have told me in the past that i treated socionics like a "astrology horoscope" well, the horoscopes might be better to read . Throughout the course of the time i have read into socionics i have still found no real benefit from it. and ill get into details. it doesnt help me accomplish dailt tasks (this is obvious.) it does not aide in my people skills because putting people into categories of what type they are is ridiculous cause everyone is an indidual and human. it doesnt help with relationships because it is impossible to know ur own type most of the time and second hand yo evaluate the other persons behavior through a ridiculous theory created by some crazy russians. lastly, i personally see a psychologist for therapy. he has been doing it longer than i have been alive (im 21 turning 22 in 2 months) and he said its not worth even looking at. our relationship is VERY good. we get along real well and we treat each other as friends not patient and doctor, he is an "infj" and im an "estp" supposedly conflictor relations. well, not so. he has helped me with problems i had with drugs and addictions in general (i have an addictive personality which kinda ties into borderlineersonality disorder which has to do with emotional and self-control in general.) so if i had listened to socionics and not developed th erealtionship cause we r conflictors i wouldve lost out (mind u we have never had a single conflict.) so socionics is really not helpful at all. u need to rely on common sense to make it in this world.

Creepy-

You dislike socionics, yet you spend time reading, replying to, and even creating threads. I hate to see you sacrafice your valuable time in such a way. Therefore, I give you this: http://www.urban75.org/useless/bored.html. Enjoy.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    You dislike socionics, yet you spend time reading, replying to, and even creating threads. I hate to see you sacrafice your valuable time in such a way. Therefore, I give you this: http://www.urban75.org/useless/bored.html. Enjoy.

<3
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brought to you by the dude that thought that Te was thinking out loud and Ti thinking to yourself.

On a less condescending note, if socionics was as oversimplified and generalized as you put it, I'd agree that it would be useless. However, I disagree that you really have understood what it's all about yet, or that the criticisms you raise, some which are worthwhile and some that really are superfluous, are altogether novel or incompatible with socionics as a theory or potential practice (the latter being something that should follow the former, rather than lamenting how useless it is before you know what it is or where it's going).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    People have told me in the past that i treated socionics like a "astrology horoscope" well, the horoscopes might be better to read . Throughout the course of the time i have read into socionics i have still found no real benefit from it. and ill get into details. it doesnt help me accomplish dailt tasks (this is obvious.) it does not aide in my people skills because putting people into categories of what type they are is ridiculous cause everyone is an indidual and human. it doesnt help with relationships because it is impossible to know ur own type most of the time and second hand yo evaluate the other persons behavior through a ridiculous theory created by some crazy russians. lastly, i personally see a psychologist for therapy. he has been doing it longer than i have been alive (im 21 turning 22 in 2 months) and he said its not worth even looking at. our relationship is VERY good. we get along real well and we treat each other as friends not patient and doctor, he is an "infj" and im an "estp" supposedly conflictor relations. well, not so. he has helped me with problems i had with drugs and addictions in general (i have an addictive personality which kinda ties into borderlineersonality disorder which has to do with emotional and self-control in general.) so if i had listened to socionics and not developed th erealtionship cause we r conflictors i wouldve lost out (mind u we have never had a single conflict.) so socionics is really not helpful at all. u need to rely on common sense to make it in this world.
    Listen, while I agree with your points, remeber: You're talking in a forum designed for... well, honestly, i don't know what the fuck the point of this forum is anymore. But regardless, your criticisms won't be welcomed by many. Well, not me. I care. I'll listen, even add to it: Socionics is not even a scientific theory.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, the horoscopes might be better to read
    Yeah, if you want to brainwash yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile im skeptical to socionics because

it does not work in the real world and a higly respected psyhoclogist thinks its ridiuclous. if you wanna argue this point with me which nit opinion but fact in me telling u what he said. im sure he wouldnt mind arguing about it with u. and yes it is a forum about socionics. nobody said a forum about saying how good it is, it is a forum to talk about it. all im doing is talking about hw bad it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool upi didnt get the point

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Yeah, if you want to brainwash yourself.
    people treat horoscopes with a grain of salt, which is the same way you should too. myers briggs is generally accepted to be the most accurate personality type theory in the world. still, it is only taken as one way to look at an aspect of ones personality. there are 8 billion people in this world, r u saying that 16 types are accurate? since everyone is different in some way, id say there are 8 million socionic and myers briggs types. my type is Sean Mc Cosker

Creepy-Cyclops

I disagree that socionics is useless. It has served me many practical purposes. I do think that if you really want to learn the benefits and the limitations of socionics you have to experience and practice it IRL. You won't learn much about it by reading about it on an internet forum with faceless people you don't know. Although sometimes a debate on a forum can be interesting and occasionally there is someone who posts with a good insight(s.)

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it does not work in the real world and a higly respected psyhoclogist thinks its ridiuclous. if you wanna argue this point with me which not opinion but fact in me telling u what he said. im sure he wouldnt mind arguing about it with u. and yes it is a forum about socionics. nobody said a forum about saying how good it is, it is a forum to talk about it. all im doing is talking about hw bad it is.
    You cannot just make up a rule like "the purpose of this forum is for talking about Socionics" and say or do whatever the fuck you want as long as it technically falls within that rule.

"Hey guys, guys, I'm TALKING ABOUT Socionics. This is a discussion forum, right? This is allowed here! You cannot complain!"

This argument makes you look like one of those annoying little kids that stand right outside of a doorway yelling "I'M NOT IN YOUR ROOM, I'M NOT IN YOUR ROOM!" with their tongues sticking out. It's funny that you're twenty-one now and still do this. People never change, do they?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything you said can be done without it, and probablly even more easily.just having a friend tell you would be one example, because your friend prolly knows you better than u know urself. you cant see ur behavior. so another person telling u would help more on an individual level than using a "type theory" which the front page said wasnt even translated correctly.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything you said can be done without it, and probablly even more easily.just having a friend tell you would be one example, because your friend prolly knows you better than u know urself. you cant see ur behavior. so another person telling u would help more on an individual level than using a "type theory" which the front page said wasnt even translated correctly.
    You are your behavior?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it does not work in the real world and a higly respected psyhoclogist thinks its ridiuclous. if you wanna argue this point with me which nit opinion but fact in me telling u what he said. im sure he wouldnt mind arguing about it with u. and yes it is a forum about socionics. nobody said a forum about saying how good it is, it is a forum to talk about it. all im doing is talking about hw bad it is.
    Well then you can tell him that he doesn't have my respect. Conservative, no doubt.

Yeah you're right smc: just do what Mr. Smith says and take the pill, go back up the hole... back through the looking glass....

Back into... the psychic void. The machines don't want you to know....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes conservative and a good one. he has common sense. he doesnt base his therapy on crazy russian theories. only things that make sense and are guranteed to work. ur spending ur time in lala land prolly figuring out and studying socionics like an arrogant intellectual snob but u prolly arent good for anything else. who the fuck r u? he doenst have u respect? he has 60 patients and charges 120 per visit and people see him cause he is very good at what he does. he even specializes in job stress at work and has publications on it. so fine dont respect a doctor you never met cause he's conservative. that makes you more narrow minded than him.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The all important question for you sm,

WHY-ARE-YOU-STILL-HERE?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes conservative and a good one. he has common sense. he doesnt base his therapy on crazy russian theories. only things that make sense and are guranteed to work. ur spending ur time in lala land prolly figuring out and studying socionics like an arrogant intellectual snob but u prolly arent good for anything else. who the fuck r u? he doenst have u respect? he has 60 patients and charges 120 per visit and people see him cause he is very good at what he does. he even specializes in job stress at work and has publications on it. so fine dont respect a doctor you never met cause he's conservative. that makes you more narrow minded than him.
    Well his mentality makes him fodder for Sarah Palin, so... you can understand why I'm a little concerned. You can bet Sarah Palin wants you to believe you are your actions (or your brainwashed interpretation of them, anyway).

If Palin weren't a woman, she'd be derided as a demagogue.

60 patients... 120 for visit... actually that's the market rate for psychology treatment these days.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. myers briggs is generally accepted to be the most accurate personality type theory in the world.
    socionics is shit but is way more better than myers-briggs.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-11-2010 at 06:20 PM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smccosker must have put me on ignore. He never responds to anything I direct at him. Not in this thread, not in the thread he directed at me, not in any thread, really. I wonder why.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    socionics is shit but is way more better than myers-briggs.
    ! Great-Scott man, I think you've got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    smccosker must have put me on ignore. He never responds to anything I direct at him. Not in this thread, not in the thread he directed at me, not in any thread, really. I wonder why.
    because you touch yourself.

- Voltaire

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Move this to gen discussion or anything goes. This isn't the place for it, and it's just meant to discourage newcomers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wow

i dont really pay attention to politics, all i know is obama is very naive and when he wins the election (which is most likely) he will become a puppet for the vp joe biden cause obama is a moron. mccain is an awesome man who has my respect. he has a tremendous amount of willpower and doesnt take shit from anynody (i see a lot of myself in him) but his temper definitely gave him a bad reputation. palin...well i dont even listen to her when she talks because she has a veyr annoying voice but she is hot and i think mccain is doing her. i would too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont really pay attention to politics, all i know is obama is very naive and when he wins the election (which is most likely) he will become a puppet for the vp joe biden cause obama is a moron. mccain is an awesome man who has my respect. he has a tremendous amount of willpower and doesnt take shit from anynody (i see a lot of myself in him) but his temper definitely gave him a bad reputation. palin...well i dont even listen to her when she talks because she has a veyr annoying voice but she is hot and i think mccain is doing her. i would too.
    Honestly, don't taint this with politics.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McCain can't even walk in a straight line. He'd kill himself if he attempted sex. Side note, I find his wife much more attractive than Palin and she's like what...250 yrs old?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if the person directing these crazy claims at me explained himself better i would not have confused it. anyway i wanted to say my peace.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Honestly, don't taint this with politics.
    Are people just saying they'll vote for Obama because they don't want to be seen as racist? Bahahaha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Are people just saying they'll vote for Obama because they don't want to be seen as racist? Bahahaha
    Dunno.

I'm sure this doesn't help though:

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This picture scares me. He looks like he's been laying 6 feet under for a good 5 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    McCain can't even walk in a straight line. He'd kill himself if he attempted sex. Side note, I find his wife much more attractive than Palin and she's like what...250 yrs old?

mccain is very very active for a man in his 70s, so i think u should give him more credit. ive never seen his wife but i still think palin is hot. anyway back to mccain. how does ur grandpa walk? remember he is old enough to be our grandpa and we should show him more respect. he has been through many wars and fought for our country and we make fun of him for it? wow, ok. choose the black guy who sounds like a reverend when he talks over the experienced war veteran. i dont care if mccain is a warmonger. at least he would know wtf to do in a crisis. blow up mothafuckers is a good plan. i say bomb bomb iran. old school war mentality. seirously, why would u negotiate with terrorists? thats obamas plan. mccain isnt going to take that risk, blowing them the fuck up may be crude but its the safest way on the long run. people you have killed cant fuck with u anymore. and if the rest of the world sees america doenst take shit people will think twice about messing with us in the future. america needs to be strong...and mccain will provide that strength

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So affectionate. But they should get a room.

Creepy-Cyclops

This picture scares me. He looks like he's been laying 6 feet under for a good 5 years.
    It's his old booze buddy from re-hab after knocking back a good few beers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yea he does i have to agree

he is very very stiff. like a piece of wood. lots of tension

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mccain is very very active for a man in his 70s, so i think u should give him more credit. ive never seen his wife but i still think palin is hot. anyway back to mccain. how does ur grandpa walk? remember he is old enough to be our grandpa and we should show him more respect. he has been through many wars and fought for our country and we make fun of him for it? wow, ok. choose the black guy who sounds like a reverend when he talks over the experienced war veteran. i dont care if mccain is a warmonger. at least he would know wtf to do in a crisis. blow up mothafuckers is a good plan. i say bomb bomb iran. old school war mentality. seirously, why would u negotiate with terrorists? thats obamas plan. mccain isnt going to take that risk, blowing them the fuck up may be crude but its the safest way on the long run. people you have killed cant fuck with u anymore. and if the rest of the world sees america doenst take shit people will think twice about messing with us in the future. america needs to be strong...and mccain will provide that strength
    Even for an LSE, that man has god awful character judgment. I would hope that he had at least enough experience to keep from getting blown up, or Palin would be setting up residence in the White House. Just the fact that she's going to be running again in 2012 creeps me out. It's fun to fight the supervillains in RPGs; it's not fun to see them angling for popular respect so that they can dictate your own rights to you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever, i like him

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you're supposed to because he's so pure, which is what disposes him to believe that everyone who disagrees with him is corrupt.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Even for an LSE, that man has god awful character judgment.
    You have god awful character judgment.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because you touch yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The all important question for you sm,

WHY-ARE-YOU-STILL-HERE?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's all this fuss about Palin, anyway? I admit I haven't watched any of her actions, but too much of her criticism sounds like "she's ESI, and that makes her evil." Isn't that more of a reason for us Alphas to give her some breathing room?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sean, I don't think people are taking this as seriously as you think even if it appears that way. I think if you truly wanted people to lighten up about it more, you'd be more jokey yourself or something. I have the same feelings as you do sometimes, but the way you're going about it isn't going to do anything for you. Your SLE-ness just isn't that effective on an online message board, sorry bud.

This might seem foreign to you, but a lot of people enjoy discussing things for the sake of discussing things. What are *you* doing in your life that's so great and full of accomplishments anyway? You might do more than us, but if you have ignorant Republican views what good are you doing anyway? What's the point of liking somebody with a strong character if they don't have any good insights and will lead us all into a death trap? Liberals might be shyer with actual action, but when we do take action it tends to be the best since we're careful to analyze things before proceeding.

And the thought of Sarah Palin getting fucked makes me about 15 times gayer. For the love of all that is holy, talk about something else rather than a cock penetrating sarah palin.

War makes straight men's cocks too hard. Enough. It's just silly. You're being duped by a government that's playing on your male insecurities. The 'sissy liberal boys' are trying to tell you that you're just being played, but you don't want to hear it. How *did* politics get in this anyway lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i love you. are you my husband?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast