SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hijacking threads

post about it here
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what Joy? I'm hungry. When I went to get something to eat earlier, there were so many people in line that I just said "........" ( which meant "forget it..." ), and went back inside my dorm. I had a bag of cookies, and that's fine, but I sort of did want to get another one of those awesome subs.

You know what i mean?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be serious...

Yeah, I know a lot about hijacking threads. Sometimes I feel kind of bad about it. Other times I really don't. It's a complicated issue.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind at all because I can just bring up the original topic again. And I like the freedom to be able to go off topic. The only time it irritates me is when people are posting about something that is offensive in relation to the original topic of discussion.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defensive. . .

don't sweat it Joy.

Don't think there's really that much to say when somebody changes the subject on a thread - they're like conversations in my opinion. I'm surprised it bothers you, what with that entp Ne and all! :wink:
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just said that it doesn't bother me, and in fact that I enjoy having the liberty to expand conversations and go off on tangents.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind at all because I can just bring up the original topic again. And I like the freedom to be able to go off topic. The only time it irritates me is when people are posting about something that is offensive in relation to the original topic of discussion.
    Joy you must join Delta... you cannot escape its incredible power...(dangling watch in front of screen).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really an ENFp. I just don't like to brag so I say I'm an ENTp instead.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know if no one has posted beneath you, you can delete the whole post? or was that another way of saying that you have nothing to say?
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote something out, and then decided against it. (yeah, it does happen from time to time, believe it or not).

Perhaps I should have deleted it...

Creepy-

y

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theodosis, what is your avatar?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind it much if the thread is hijacked for a few posts. If the thread was worth anything, it's possible to bring it back on the topic.

There is something else that bothers me lately. There is surprisingly much bullshit on this forum. A long time ago, people actually had something to say. Now about 3/4 of posts are kinda pointless. Something like:

N starts a thread...
    X says, "that is an interesting question"
    Y says, "I agree"
    X says, "yeah, you would agree, knowing you"
    Z says, " /something on the topic/ "
    Y says, "Wow you're back! how was the trip?"
    etc.

I feel like the16types.info forum is no longer a place where people discuss things. It is more and more a place where people compensate the lack of online friends on the messenger. It's like a chat room. If I don't come here for a couple of days, I find topics with 30+ posts and it takes me time to look them all through. Most of the times I get disappointed. The question might be interesting but people haven't even discussed it!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kristina: you are right it has gotten like that, probably in part because people have gotten to know each other pretty well here, so it's gotten more personal or something.

We also may have run out of gas with the socionics theory - maybe it only goes so far and most of the angles have already been discussed!
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    @Kristina: you are right it has gotten like that, probably in part because people have gotten to know each other pretty well here, so it's gotten more personal or something.

We also may have run out of gas with the socionics theory - maybe it only goes so far and most of the angles have already been discussed!

tru tru tru tru truuuuuuu

<3 hg

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I don't mind it much if the thread is hijacked for a few posts. If the thread was worth anything, it's possible to bring it back on the topic.

There is something else that bothers me lately. There is surprisingly much bullshit on this forum. A long time ago, people actually had something to say. Now about 3/4 of posts are kinda pointless. Something like:

N starts a thread...
    X says, "that is an interesting question"
    Y says, "I agree"
    X says, "yeah, you would agree, knowing you"
    Z says, " /something on the topic/ "
    Y says, "Wow you're back! how was the trip?"
    etc.

I feel like the16types.info forum is no longer a place where people discuss things. It is more and more a place where people compensate the lack of online friends on the messenger. It's like a chat room. If I don't come here for a couple of days, I find topics with 30+ posts and it takes me time to look them all through. Most of the times I get disappointed. The question might be interesting but people haven't even discussed it!
    yeah... I try to keep the bullshit contained to the Anything Goes section.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theodosis
    y

o

u

s

u

c

k

and so, another opinion was stated.

Creepy-

theodosis, what is your avatar?
    It was a picture of Yngwie Malmsteen.

Creepy-

[quote:e9eb977315]

[/quote:e9eb977315]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only speak truths, not opinions. You are the only person I have ever realized to say so much that is nothing.[/quote]

And what fool would respond to someone who says nothing?

Furthermore, what fool would say "I only speak truths"?
    Are you........ are you the buddha on the roadside?

PS:

what type are you?

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I only speak truths, not opinions. You are the only person I have ever realized to say so much that is nothing.

And what fool would respond to someone who says nothing?

Furthermore, what fool would say "I only speak truths"?
    Are you........ are you the buddha on the roadside?

PS:

what type are you?[/quote]

Im not rubbing his belly.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww

(if that meant: "I'm not going to respond to his post", then I would appluad that. I kind of hope no one does. same thing for this one, too)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there are some sites that if you go off-topic or have a conversation type thread they will delete your posts, posts related to your post, and possibly ban you.

So, I can see some people getting upset just because some forums don't allow the members to go off topic. Personally, when I see something I've mentioned starting to turn into a thread within a thread, I will go start another one and invite the people to join.

I won't do it pushy though, just toss the offer out there. Same as when something gets too conversation-like, then I will private message.

Now that you mention it, it is kind of pain in the butt to go sorting through thread only to find a few relevant posts to the topic. Its not so bad when its only the odd comment. Its when the thread completely and consistently sways away from the topic.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first forum home, the ADD forum, was owned by a clinic. We were really good about staying on topic and not posting inappropriate things... I have found it humorous that the ADD people were better at staying on topic than people in other forums.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

I wouldnt post here with such strict rules. How... not fun. I mean, I believe this forum could use a little structure and the no guest thing finally went through... but not that much structure.