Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmmmm

Very nice Logos, here have a pendant of life, it'll help you ward off those nasty temple guards.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I'm quessing ISFp and ENTp - I love this movie

I would say ISXp, ENFp. I could see the case for either of the ISXps. I don't think that she's ENTp, though.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list has been updated again.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo, Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire is Ti ENTp. But I am in no way adamant on that typing, although I think he certainly conflicts with Catelyn Stark who I believe to be ESI of some sort

George RR Martin is Ti INTj, so its reasonable to assume this already Alpha-ish series is going to have Alpha characters, although the book is dominated by Beta-Delta conflict.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Imo, Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire is Ti ENTp. But I am in no way adamant on that typing, although I think he certainly conflicts with Catelyn Stark who I believe to be ESI of some sort

George RR Martin is Ti INTj, so its reasonable to assume this already Alpha-ish series is going to have Alpha characters, although the book is dominated by Beta-Delta conflict.
    FYI, Discojoe typed Jon Snow as ESI.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, that does nothing for me.

Idk Discojoe's degree of typing proficiency and although I feel like a douche for saying this, tis rumored by some that discojoe is actually Ti ENTp. From what I've seen from Joe I'm not really feelin the ISFj, but I cannot verify this Ti ENTp typing as of yet.

I relate a good deal to Jon Snow tbh. He could be something else, but Im going with Ti ENTp as of now.

There's prolly more Alphas in ASOIAF though... Petyr Baelish maybe, but he could be Beta. Maybe ENFj.

Sansa idk. Arya i have trouble relating to, probably gamma Fi ESFp.

But yeah, I'll start reading the books again and Ill come back with more info.
    The end is nigh

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Buffy and Giles: quite sure they're not ISFp, but I don't know enough to offer alternative typings.
    Giles is NiTe character played by NeTi. So he ends up being bit of a mix.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    A fictional character without a vagina is my dual!

HOORAY
    Speaking of Zoidbergs, does anyone know who's Dr. Zoidberg at Ganins site? Anyone here?
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-male

There's a Zoidberger at AVEN, actually.

/random tidbit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    my ex IEE gf was strongly identifying herself with Ariel (i think from the book, not cartoons).
    So did my little sister, but that's because they are both redheads.
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The character of Coraline in the movie Coraline.

Pocahontas in The New World?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Believe me when I sayyyy... I FUCKED a MERMAIDDDD....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I always felt like The Little Mermaid was ENFp. However, ENFps and ISFps can act similarly, so I can see why you'd identify too.

Somewhere I read ariel typed at ENFp though...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    She's kinda hot, lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bumping this for further input for especially the non-ILE fictional characters.
    Johari Box

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Naylor is pretty EIE if you ask me.

Also I think Jack/Cornelius from Fight Club could be IEI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The couple from Garden State could be ILE (Sam/Portman) and SEI (Andrew/Braff).

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I thought so too, but there's a case for Andrew being LII and Sam being ESE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I've made the case for Sam as ESE and Andrew as LII. I think that this is a stronger case.
    Johari Box

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of the confusion on Garden State comes from Sam being a Creative ESE, and Andrew being a Harmonizing LII. Mind you, I'm using Gulenko's DCNH 4-subtype system, and I'm not sure how well-regarded that is around here, as I don't see people using it. Still, it makes sense to me how a Creative ESE (strengthened Ne/Se) could be mistaken for ILE, and a Harmonizing LII (strengthened Si/Ni) could be mistaken for SEI.

On another note, Logos, what makes you say ILE > LIE for Rodney McKay? I had typed him as LIE, but that was back in my earlier days of socionics, and I don't hold those early typings as firmly as I used to. Still, I haven't seen the show in a while, but I do seem to remember him being more interested in speedy practical applications of technology (Te) than a slower, more thorough theoretical understanding (Ti). I'm objectively curious as to the reasoning you used to arrive at your conclusion.

Zelenka, on the other hand, I completely agree is LII.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    ILE
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Captain Jack Sparrow
    EIE. He makes sure that his actions are as crazy as possible just to make a show. And he doesn't care about unpleasant cosequenses of it.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Niffweed's belief that Kaylee is SEI is what is keeping me from putting her down as either. She is still an Alpha SF, but we have disagreements about which she is.

I honestly would probably prefer to locate more SEIs and ESEs, since there is a noticeable lack of them on the list.
    Kaylee is SEI imo

I would also say Simon can be any Alpha NT. I actually typed him as ILE before based on his behavior when he was younger vs older persona.

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    The problem is compounded by the fact that he sometimes makes comments that hurt Kaylee's feelings, insulting the lifestyle of the crew, Serenity, and even herself, though he never intentionally means to insult her; a prominent example of his ineptitude at making conversation is in "The Message" when he described her as 'the only girl in the world', on the grounds that all the other women he knew were either married (Zoe), professional (Inara) or related to him (River).
    Fi super ego stuff here.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another LII: Sam Winchester, from Supernatural.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn View Post
    EIE. He makes sure that his actions are as crazy as possible just to make a show. And he doesn't care about unpleasant cosequenses of it.
    Ooh, this totally makes sense, and backs up my typing of Johnny Depp as IEI (who would therefore be playing his Mirror here, much easier and more natural to do than playing his Illusionary).
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logos: I think you were right about the Genie after all. I no longer think he is an ENTp.

I think Weeds' Shane is a good example of an Ne subtype INTj, by the way.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Yeah, either LII or EII. I'm thinking that Dean is possibly his supervisor as well.
    Haha, cool, I had independently typed Dean as an SLE, without taking his relation to Sam into account.

I think Sam should be typed as "LII - Maudlin Emo Subtype".
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in the SEI thread, but I'll post it here too

Shandala from Broken Saints

This is a sample of what I'm talking about (From the beginning to 4:23. It is of the first chapter of the series)

Also:

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YouTube - Weeds - Shane's Graduation Speech
    I haven't seen the show, but based on that video alone, I'd have to agree. The first part of the speech especially sounds like something I would say in a speech.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh so many points to respond to...

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    On another note, Logos, what makes you say ILE > LIE for Rodney McKay? I had typed him as LIE, but that was back in my earlier days of socionics, and I don't hold those early typings as firmly as I used to. Still, I haven't seen the show in a while, but I do seem to remember him being more interested in speedy practical applications of technology (Te) than a slower, more thorough theoretical understanding (Ti). I'm objectively curious as to the reasoning you used to arrive at your conclusion.
    Rodney McKay's drive to be known, recognized, and loved in an manner? His unhealthy obsession with his health? (Which is admittedly more a sign of weak Si.) Rodney is reluctant to admit his error in the face of counterevidence (much like Einstein and quantum mechanics). Rodney wasn't interested in speedy practical applications of technology, but they were frequently demanded of him in his job and field work. McKay is the most theoretical of all of the characters, apart from maybe Zelenka, who by contrast is a bit more grounded and critical of Leading-Ne theories. Zelenka's role is mostly to point to points of problematic Ti in McKay's Ne-leading theories. Furthermore, McKay's working relationship with Zelenka is more evocative of mirror relations than quasi-identical. As a contrast, I would say that Woolsey is an LIE.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Kaylee is SEI imo
    Okay. I'm more open to this possibility now.

I would also say Simon can be any Alpha NT. I actually typed him as ILE before based on his behavior when he was younger vs older persona.
    I think that Simon is one of the fewer clear cut LIIs out there in television, though his other frequently proposed type by others is actually EII. A number of LII descriptions, I believe, actually make mention of how young LIIs may seem far more open or EP like in their development. LIIs can almost be ILE-like, but only amongst very close friends and family, around whom the LII is comfortable opening themselves to. But a number of the criticisms laid at Simon's feet was that he was too much of a proper, stiff. His own discussion with Kaylee of having to act civilized even on the frontier points to an Fi-role function over an Fi-PoLR.

Fi super ego stuff here.
    Fi also happens to be in the LII's super-ego too. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Orest Reinn View Post
    I made a case for ILE here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Another LII: Sam Winchester, from Supernatural.
    I'm not familiar with that one. I may have to check it out.

I'm not sure if I would have been comfortable enough in overcoming my Fi-Role to say that. Shane has been tough for me to peg down. I did think that he was a possible Ni-leading type. I will have to reevaluate this. I did have Dean Hodes as an LII.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My neighbor's daughter will be graduating from elementary school next summer. I'm going get Shane to speak at her graduation.
    Last edited by The Exception; 08-11-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think that Simon is one of the fewer clear cut LIIs out there in television, though his other frequently proposed type by others is actually EII. A number of LII descriptions, I believe, actually make mention of how young LIIs may seem far more open or EP like in their development. LIIs can almost be ILE-like, but only amongst very close friends and family, around whom the LII is comfortable opening themselves to. But a number of the criticisms laid at Simon's feet was that he was too much of a proper, stiff. His own discussion with Kaylee of having to act civilized even on the frontier points to an Fi-role function over an Fi-PoLR.
    I am pretty proper and stiff in most aspects of life, formal and professional. And Simon does open up later on in the show to being the goof he is. Most ILE's I have met are more like Alonso Quixano and not Don Quixote. Sane, broken and working.

Also young Simon Tam is played by a young Zac Efron who I think is ILE.

Fi also happens to be in the LII's super-ego too. :wink:
    I think LII is definitely possible for Simon. I think the portrayal of his character changed later in the show as they made him more action oriented and also in the movie they made him more integral in the rescue of his sister rather then hiring some people to do it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I am pretty proper and stiff in most aspects of life, formal and professional. And Simon does open up later on in the show to being the goof he is. Most ILE's I have met are more like Alonso Quixano and not Don Quixote. Sane, broken and working.
    This is certainly within the realm of possibility, but LII is the likeliest possibility that involves the least amount of stretching of the explanation to work. And I could just as well cite Simon's childhood behavior as being similar to my own at a similar age.

Also young Simon Tam is played by a young Zac Efron who I think is ILE.

I think LII is definitely possible for Simon. I think the portrayal of his character changed later in the show as they made him more action oriented and also in the movie they made him more integral in the rescue of his sister rather then hiring some people to do it.
    Which is a nice opinion does not necessarily say anything about Simon's type. While LII is possible for Simon, it also happens to be more probable than ILE.
    Johari Box

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've made the case for Sam as ESE and Andrew as LII. I think that this is a stronger case.
    I can see that, yeah.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some contributions

ESE
    Porthos- The Three Musketeers
    Wilkins Micawber- David Copperfield
    Gimli- The Lord of The Rings (Krig mentioned this, the typing makes sense)

SEI
    Dora Spenlow- David Copperfield
    Peregrin Took/Pippin- The Lord of The Rings

ILE
    Dr. Emmett Brown/Doc- Back To The Future
    Gollum/Smeagol- The Lord of The Rings
    The Joker- The Dark Knight (not too sure about this one)

LII
    Jamal- Slumdog Millionaire
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Yeah, either LII or EII. I'm thinking that Dean is possibly his supervisor as well.
    Sam FiNe and Dean SeFi (so is the actor also)

INTp

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs FTW

US Colonial Marine Hudson (Aliens)

Peter Venkman / Bill Murray (Ghostbusters)

Groucho Marx

Doctor House

Dennis Finch (Just shoot me!)

Morpheus (The Matrix)

Chandler Bing (Friends)

Ross Geller (Friends)

HM Murdock (The A-Team)

Norm MacDonald (Norm)

Ted / Liev Schreiber (Sphere)

Dr Frasier Crane

McGyver

Indiana Jones

Darth Vader

Frank Drebin/ Leslie Nielsen (The Naked Gun)

Scientist / James Spader (Stargate)

Last edited by 1981slater; 08-17-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vash the Stampede is an alpha.
    seeking to the max.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    Vash the Stampede is an alpha.
    seeking to the max.
    Actually, my assessment of Vash was as an EII.
    Johari Box

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ILEs

US Colonial Marine Hudson (Aliens)
    Peter Venkman / Bill Murray (Ghostbusters)
    Groucho Marx
    Doctor House
    Dennis Finch (Just shoot me!)
    Morpheus (The Matrix)
    Chandler Bing (Friends)
    Ross Geller (Friends)
    HM Murdock (The A-Team)
    Norm MacDonald (Norm)
    Ted / Liev Schreiber (Sphere)
    Dr Frasier Crane
    McGyver
    Indiana Jones
    Darth Vader
    Frank Drebin/ Leslie Nielsen (The Naked Gun)
    Scientist / James Spader (Stargate)
    Respectfully, in my opinion that list contains a lot of non-ILEs. Of those listed, I would say that Dr. House, Morpheus, McGyver, Indiana Jones, and Darth Vader are all almost certainly not ILE, and I'm not sure about the others. Indiana Jones and McGyver, for example, I would say are SLI, and possibly Dr. House too.

I'm curious as to what led you to these typings. I'm always prepared to be proven wrong...
    Quaero Veritas.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast