View Poll Results: Most of my closest friends have been my...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Identical

8 29.63%
  • Dual

2 7.41%
  • Activity

5 18.52%
  • Mirror

1 3.70%
  • Comparative

0 0%
  • Semi-dual

2 7.41%
  • Benefactor

0 0%
  • Supervisor

1 3.70%
  • Look a Like

1 3.70%
  • Illusionary

0 0%
  • Beneficiary

1 3.70%
  • Supervisee

0 0%
  • Quasi Identical

1 3.70%
  • Conflictor

2 7.41%
  • Super Ego

0 0%
  • Contrary

0 0%
  • I'm not confident about the types/intertype relations of the people invovled.

3 11.11%

Thread: Most of my close friends over the years have been

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Most of my close friends over the years have been...

Vote.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted identical. Two of my closest friends through the years (15 and 10 years respectively) have been other IEIs. also, my brother with whom I've always been pretty close to. My other best friends have been: beneficiary (LII) and lookalike (SEI).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger, they were mostly Gammas of various types. Now that I'm married to another Delta, we seem to hang out mainly with other Delta couples. I also have a couple of very close ESE friends who are not "couple friends" - like I just hang out with them and we don't get our husband involved. Anyway, my close friends have not consistently been any one type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely dual, identical as second.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My best friend is my supervisor, but this should have been check-the-box instead of pick-the-circle. Then I could have chosen Illusionary, Dual, and Activation as well.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't vote, since they all differ, so I'll post them here:

Mirror
    Look a like
    Semi Dual
    Comparative
    Benefeciairy

Creepy-Cyclops

Identical
    Mirror
    Activator
    Look-A-Like
    Dual

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity, dual, supervisor, super-ego.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity and mirror for me, but more so activity because they're good at maintaining friendships. There are a few who could also have been ESI (temperaments aren't always as apparent in teenagers as they are in adults). Identicals... not so much. Both of us are shitty at initiating and maintaining the friendship, and we don't have the benefit of one of us being extroverted and the other introverted like I do with ILI's.
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say INFj by a small margin (lookalike). most close friends are mostly delta, then beta, then gamma. I think my gamma friend is ExTj, most likely an ENTj. yeah.. no alpha friends.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummmm my friends are too mixed up O_o

I have an activity.
    I have a mirror (maybe 2).
    (Maybe) Supervision, me being the supervisor...if the second mirror is actually an other type.
    I have a beneficiary, me being the beneficiary.
    I have a comparative.
    I have a super-ego.
    And one of the friends I haven't been able to type so I don't know what that is.

TOO MIXED UP!!

and no duality
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i would say INFj by a small margin (lookalike). most close friends are mostly delta, then beta, then gamma. I think my gamma friend is ExTj, most likely an ENTj.
    well if they are gamma they will have to be ENTj....lol?

im nit-picking on your word choices lol.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    well if they are gamma they will have to be ENTj....lol?

im nit-picking on your word choices lol.

sure. But im not sure if she is ExTj or just gamma. I think she's most likely ENTj. I considered ISFj for her. I posted a long time ago about her thinking she was INTp and Expat said no.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE's (in real life) seem to very interested in me for some reason but I could never progress the friendship..perhaps they're confusing me for ESI's. I can't answer this question specifically other than most of my friends have all been Beta.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friends are always IEE (mirror). There's just an obvious, very strong understanding there.
    I have a slew of ILI (benefactor) friends. I don't know what it is. Everywhere I go, I befriend 5.
    One SLI (activity) friend. I consider her input more valuable than other people's, but we hardly see each other.
    One ESE (illusionary) friend. We get along SO well. We make each other super happy and our relationship is very caring. There are some Fi/Fe disputes which seem unexpected and confusing.
    One SEE (supervisor) friend. I think the supervision doesn't really play out because we live in different cities..
    One LII (business) friend. We really like each other and value each other's thinking. Hanging out is always a tad awkward?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a slew of ILI (benefactor) friends. I don't know what it is. Everywhere I go, I befriend 5.
    where are you finding the 5 ILIs? some examples please. (I want to find ILIs)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    where are you finding the 5 ILIs? some examples please. (I want to find ILIs)
    Try their homes. That's where I'm always at
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I WANT TO FIND 5 ILI'S EVERYWHERE I GO WTF?!?!?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously, i wish i could help a female SEE by like pawning them off to her. i can't ever find any LSEs.
    The ILIs I met from Physics and Math classes, but also anywhere most people go- coffee shops, bars, restaurants, clothing stores.
    I don't know why, but ILI is probably the most recognizable type to me. And, they're the type with whom I'm most likely to easily start a relationship.
    I think we're both drawn to each other because we're sort of spacey and loners. It just feels really safe. The problem is when they try to date me, because it's so freaking uncomfortable. For example, I met an ILI the other day and we went on a few dates. The guy is really freaking good looking. He could male model. And I'm like negatively attracted to him after I got to know him because just thinking of hooking up with him makes me cringe. Victim + Infantile is NOT a good combination, particularly when it's INxP + INxJ because they're expecting me to have leading Se (which is my PoLR). The guy kept expecting me to be sexually assertive, and it was incredibly painful to me. I sort of went "okay bye!!! talk to you soon!" and ran away.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously, i wish i could help a female SEE by like pawning them off to her. i can't ever find any LSEs.
    The ILIs I met from Physics and Math classes, but also anywhere most people go- coffee shops, bars, restaurants, clothing stores.
    I don't know why, but ILI is probably the most recognizable type to me. And, they're the type with whom I'm most likely to easily start a relationship.
    I think we're both drawn to each other because we're sort of spacey and loners. It just feels really safe. The problem is when they try to date me, because it's so freaking uncomfortable. For example, I met an ILI the other day and we went on a few dates. The guy is really freaking good looking. He could male model. And I'm like negatively attracted to him after I got to know him because just thinking of hooking up with him makes me cringe. Victim + Infantile is NOT a good combination, particularly when it's INxP + INxJ because they're expecting me to have leading Se (which is my PoLR). The guy kept expecting me to be sexually assertive, and it was incredibly painful to me. I sort of went "okay bye!!! talk to you soon!" and ran away.
    omfg send him to me. im so fucking pissed right now where are my model-esque ILI's?!?!?!?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for me its mostly been mirrors (IEE) and lookalikes (LII). Haven't really known many duals. But I haven't had many close friends (instead I've stuck with a few people for a long time), so its hard to find any patterns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI. Then SEE and a really Ni-IEI (I thought she was ILI for a while...No). People I really like include several SEIs (ooooh, my supervisor - I used to be more easily 'hurt/annoyed/stung' by them. I've grown impervious over the ages), ILEs, a few LIIs, an ESE, an LIE, several other LSIs, two LSEs, two EIIs -- um...eh.

It would probably easier to say what types don't really feature amongst the friends I see a lot of - that would be SLI and ILI. IEEs as well - but I generally enjoy their company -- there just aren't any I'm tight with atm. Same with SLEs -- I think they're awesome, but there aren't any I'm tight with at the moment.

I suck with identicals as well -- and I've yet to meet a female identical. What the hell??! There was one male EIE in high school, as far as I can recall -- and I know three now. But.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dual, activity and illusionary actually.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    INFP
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 3 friends who I consider my best friends.

Spencer, Lauren, and Benny.

Spencer and Lauren are both my look a likes and Benny is my semi-dual.

I seem to fight the most with benny but I think thats because I'm able to express every feeling I have to him.. Not matter what it is.

Sometimes when i'm bothered about something with my other friends I just keep it to myself until is absolutely nessesary. Dont get me wrong... its not like I dont stand up for myself.. its like..

When Benny does something annoying like chewing on a straw i'll immedately tell him how annoying he's being and we'll gripe back and forth..

if lauren or spencer did that.. I'd try to ignore it for as long as I can..cause I dont wanna be mean.

its also not simply because i'm just closer to benny. I think i'm just as close to each of them equally.. I just feel ok with fighting with benny... I dont know why.

Does that have to do with type?
    [INFP]

"Nothing worse could happen to one than to be completely understood."
    — [Carl Gustav Jung]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thread.

Thinking back, all of whom I would deem to be my closest friends, save one (an LII), are in my quadra.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Interesting thread.

Thinking back, all of whom I would deem to be my closest friends, save one (an LII), are in my quadra.
    Yeah, same here. Lots of SEE's, a few Gamma SF's, and a fair amount of ILI's. There were a couple of EII's, too.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Identicals. I can also attract quasi-identicals at first, but I think we kinda feel like we're both preaching at each other (or the rest of the world) too much.

Creepy-Diana