30-60 = high: reactive
    60-100 = high: volatile

• submissiveness, anxiety,
    depression
    your S-score =61

0-30 = low
    30-60 = moderate
    60-100 = high

Your S-score was greater than 60 (elevated).
    Above 60 the probability of being a submissive type is high.

The S-score is a measure of anxiety, depression or submissiveness in social relations on a scale of 0-100. If the score is >20, then it becomes likely that either trait N or A, or both, is only partially expressed. This test does not explore the many possible reasons for a high S-score. The most common reason is suppressed aggression (submissive types) or suppressed narcissism (narcissistic borderline types). In individuals having consulted a mental health professional common reasons might be depression or bipolar disorder. The T-score is a measure of temperament, also on a scale of 0-100. Low temperament individuals tend to be reserved or phlegmatic. High temperament individuals tend to be reactive or volatile. The F score is a measure of the degree of organization of an individual's personality, again on a scale of 0-100. Organized individuals with analytical tendencies will tend to score high on this scale, while less focused, expansive or practical individuals will tend to score low.

Your character type tends to: N (narcissistic)

Since your S-score was elevated, it is probable that your character type is non-dominant: Narcissistic Submissive (NA-) or Borderline (N-).

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focus = 21 (20-70 = moderate: reflective, pragmatic)
    ...I'm actually surprised I didn't get the 0-20 low: diffuse, expansive
    ...but I guess a 21 is close enough to a 20 eh, I'm bad, but not as bad as I keep thinking I am??? hehehehe

Temperament = 28 (20-30 = moderate)
    ...I'm surprised I didn't get the reactive or volatile ones, though I guess the volatile one would probably be more aggressive and physical than I
    ...still, 2 points off from getting reactive, heh

Submissiveness, anxiety, depression = 55 (30-60 moderate)

probability:
    NA 1.00
    N 0.90
    S 0.55
    NP 0.05
    NPA 0.05
    PA 0.03
    A 0.02
    ... I have no clue what any of this means

The 3 prong graph thingy showed very low P, middle on A, and very high (nearly to end tip) N

So...what does this even mean?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Results from http://npatheory.homestead.com/files/NPAtest09.htm :
    F:85 T:3 S:20 E:44 A:21 N:55 R:89 C:70
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post

probability:
    NA
    ... I have no clue what any of this means

So...what does this even mean?
    Well, as far as I can tell, it means you are a "narcissistic-aggressive type", chimpanzee, BUT don't worry because you can mate with anyone you like and still have beautiful babies! http://npatraits.homestead.com/natype.html

I, on the other hand, am a dominant,narcissistic bonobo who cannot mate outside my species, cuz if I do I will have stillbirths or miscarriages. That reminds me, I need to swing by the drugstore.. http://npatraits.homestead.com/ntype.html

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. I will start posting my results here. Trying not to look into others' so I don't get biased whatsoever.

Narcissistic-Aggressive (NA) with tendency to submissive or bipolar behavior.
    F: 30, T: 50, S: 52, E: 68, A: 39, N: 81
    R:70, C: 81
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Creepy-bg

ALL THE CHARTS!

Last edited by bg; 01-04-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, I am aparently an 'N' type.

• temperament • narcissism
    your T score 14 your N score 91
    0-10 = very low: reticent 0-10 = absent or modulated by aggression
    10-20 = low: reserved 30-40 = transition zone
    20-35 = moderate 40-60 = variable narcissistic behavior
    35-60 = high: reactive 60-85 = high probability of N trait
    60-100 = high: volatile 85-100 = overt narcissism in N or NA type

• consistency of response
    depression to questions
    your S score 11 your R score 66
    0-30 = low 0-50 = random or exceptional response
    30-60 = moderate 50-65 = transition zone
    60-100 = high 65-100 = consistent response

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NA

F score - 34
    T score - 33
    S score - 40
    E score - 59
    A score - 72

Probability:

NA - 1
    S - 0.4
    PA - 0.19
    N - 0.17
    NPA - 0.16
    A - 0.15
    NP - 0.1

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F (focus) score: 62
    T (temperament) score: 15
    S (submissiveness, anxiety, depression) score: 38
    E (extroversion) score: 44
    A (aggression) score: 15
    N (narcissism) score: 65
    R (consistency of response to questions) score: 68
    C (statistical consistency) score: 69

S score greater than 30.
    (Above 30-40 the probability of being a submissive type increases.)

V ...?

Your character type tends to sanguine:
    NP
    (narcissistic-perfectionistic)

Since your S-score was somewhat elevated, consider the probability that your character type is non-dominant: Narcissistic-Perfectionistic Borderline (N-P) or Submissive (NPA-).

^ ...?

Quote Originally Posted by http://npatraits.homestead.com/nptype.html
    Narcissistic-perfectionist type (NP)

This individual has narcissistic qualities that are mediated by the behavioral complex of perfectionism. Thus, he has narcissistic ambition ("I will be glorious") but also perfectionistic qualities ("Do it well..."). This individual would be well motivated, but a perfectionist plodder. He would be slow. He would do it over and over again. He would chip away at something ever so slowly, so he will not go too fast, or too far all at once. He must be something of a loner. He must be somewhat subdued. He fills up his time with activities, doing, redoing, starting, not quite finishing, polishing, giving him a "workaholic" quality. His time may be filled with ambitious goals, but slow repetitive actions, so that he is always late for appointments. We propose that he may be one of the so-called obsessive-compulsive individuals of the psychiatric literature.

He has his eye on the limelight, to be sure, with a vision toward the future. But the self-flaunting aspect of the previously described narcissistic N personage is mediated by this individual's necessity to be perfect in all ways. Thus, the conceit of the narcissistic individual is moderated into persistent achievement in quiet modesty. In fact, this individual feels that he must do whatever his friends, family and society demand of him as a perfect person. He simply must try to do to the best of his ability what he feels he should do. And he feels that he should do everything. And do it perfectly. Thus, to his friends, to his family and to himself, he is a prisoner of his own sense of duty. He is a quiet achiever but at the same time a prisoner of perfection.

Although the behavioral complexes of narcissism and perfectionism appear to be acting in concert, it is apparent that the demands of modern society can lead to great conflicts in this character type. Narcissism gives him the vision of a glorious future and the possibility of the limelight, while perfectionism is the root of his excruciating, painstakingly slow progress. In addition, no human being can possibly accomplish in the time of twenty-four hours all that he expects of himself, not to mention all the demands that others place on him.

Lacking aggressive qualities, he is defenseless against aggressive types. He does not "play the game" of dominance and submission, does not split his personality to a subdued state, and cannot be induced into an aggressive-vindictive rage. He is usually not sexually aggressive in a predatory manner. Since his love relations cannot be based on a dominant-submissive relationship, he loves on the basis of his narcissistic and perfectionist qualities. In particular, he loves because he should love, and he is tender because he should be tender. In fact, he will do anything that a devoted mate should do, simply because his inner nature tells him, "I deserve it to myself and to everyone that I should do everything perfectly."

In essence, his attitude in its compulsive rigidity becomes equivalent to a "deal with life." If he pays attention to all the details of life, if everything is neatly in its place, if he has thought of everything in advance, then nothing should go wrong. And when things do go wrong, whether they are by any stretch of the imagination his fault or not, he blames himself for not having foreseen the difficulty. This may send him to the doldrums of a melancholic abject state for days or months, especially if the cause of the failure actually was some deficiency on his part.

He may be incited to the perfectionistic-narcissistic rage when frustrated by others. This begins as a few moments of inwardly directed seething, and then may break out into the narcissistic rage of defense and withdrawal.

Finally, we note that in the NP character structure we expect to find a quiet, unaggressive individual who should be content with perfecting the various aspects of his life with a minimum of conflict with others. However, in a poorly adjusted individual his inner voices may demand of him an incessant repetition of bizarre acts, so that he may attempt to satisfy some poorly-understood need for order or completeness in his life. If these acts come into conflict with the norms of his society, then he may become a compulsive gambler or bank robber, a kleptomanic collector, or even a demented ritualistic murderer. Hence, such an individual, although lacking the aggressive behavioral trait, could certainly be branded as "aggressive" by his society.

The risk of the NP type of succumbing to a psychosis of schizophrenia will be discussed in Chapter 11.

Not really...

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F= 40
    T= 14
    S= 10
    E= 63
    A= 23
    N= 86
    R= 59
    C= 67

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narcissist submissive?

Results:

Focus: Your F score: 34
    0-20 = low: diffuse, expansive, impulsive
    20-70 = moderate: reflective, pragmatic
    70-100 = high: contemplative, analytical

Temperament: Your T score: 30
    0-10 = very low: reticent
    10-20 = low: reserved
    20-35 = moderate
    35-60 = high: reactive
    60-100 = high: volatile

Submissiveness, anxiety, depression: Your S score: 42
    0-30 = low
    30-60 = moderate
    60-100 = high

Extroversion: Your E score: 50
    0-30 = low, introverted
    30-70 = moderate
    70-100 = high, extroverted

Aggression: your A score: 10
    0-30 = absent, very low
    30-50 = low, suppressed
    50-70 = moderate to high
    70-100 = overt aggression in A or NA type

Narcissism: Your n score: 95
    0-30 = absent or modulated by aggression
    30-40 = transition zone
    40-60 = variable narcissistic behavior
    60-85 = high probability of N trait
    85-100 = overt narcissism in N or NA type

Consistency of Response to questions: Your R score: 100 (excellent!)
    0-50 = random or exceptional response
    50-65 = transition zone
    65-100 = consistent response

Statistical Consistency: Your C score: 94 (very good)
    0-65 = low consistency
    65-75 = moderate
    75-100 = consistent results between methods

Your S-score was greater than 30 (elevated).
    (Above 30-40 the probability of being a submissive type increases.)

The S-score is a measure of anxiety, depression or submissiveness in social relations on a scale of 0-100. If the score is >20-30, then it becomes likely that either trait N or A, or both, is only partially expressed. This test does not explore the many possible reasons for a high S-score. The most common reason is suppressed aggression (submissive types) or suppressed narcissism (narcissistic borderline types). In individuals having consulted a mental health professional common reasons might be depression or bipolar disorder. The T-score is a measure of temperament, also on a scale of 0-100. Low temperament individuals tend to be reserved or phlegmatic. High temperament individuals tend to be reactive or volatile. The F score is a measure of the degree of organization of an individual's personality, again on a scale of 0-100. Organized individuals with analytical tendencies will tend to score high on this scale, while less focused, expansive or practical individuals will tend to score low.

N

Since your S-score was somewhat elevated, consider the probability that your character type
    is non-dominant: Narcissistic Submissive (NA-) or Borderline (N-).

Misc. info about N's from that website, and some thoughts:

-" Note that in NPA theory the sanguine trait, or "narcissism," refers to "normal narcissism," posited to be a common genetic trait. The term itself has no negative or pejorative connotation and does not necessarily imply an extreme, malignant form of narcissism known to health professionals as "narcissistic personality disorder," or NPD." [I read up on this for this very reason - my ex was NPD, and I considered myself lacking in Narcissistic traits as often happens with spouses; your traits tend to opposing.]

- "N types are typically extroverted, sanguine complexioned, non-perfectionistic, and prone to outlandish posturing and adornment. Low temperament individuals can be soft-spoken, gallant or angelic. High temperament individuals can be charismatic, or intrusive, overbearing and brash. The N type is quite common in aristocratic families and in all lists of famous people, especially in the arts." I am more soft-spoken and I have always been interested/involved in arts.

- "Inheritance pattern: An N type must have at least one parent who is either an N or an NP type. Parents who are both N types can have only N or NA children." Don't agree. I don't think my ISTp Dad or ISFj Mom were Sanguines. My Dad's mother was, and I related to her especially since I was very little.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

F= 41
    T= 38
    S= 2
    E= 68
    A= 97
    N= 12
    R= 100
    C= 95

edit: Ath had also sent me these links. it goes more into the npa types plus some npa/enneagram stuff.

http://npatraits.homestead.com/
    http://members.boardhost.com/npatheo...361689340.html
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 02-07-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trululu, I took the test.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bigger:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excerpt taken from PA:

If circumstances of life allow him to become a political or military strategist, a concentration camp director, a prison guard, a lieutenant in charge of a group of civilians, or a world leader with a nuclear trigger within the reach of his finger, then the road that he paves may lead directly to hell.
    ...lul.

Bright future ahead of me. Gotta love psychology.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump...

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Focus: high
    Temperament: very low
    Submissiveness, anxiety, depression: high
    Extroversion: Low

NP
    (narcissistic-perfectionistic)

Since your S-score was elevated, it is probable that your character type is non-dominant: Narcissistic-Perfectionistic Borderline (N-P) or Submissive (NPA-). Possible risk: obsessive-compulsive personality.

Probability:
    NP: 100
    S-: 84

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Well, as far as I can tell, it means you are a "narcissistic-aggressive type", chimpanzee, BUT don't worry because you can mate with anyone you like and still have beautiful babies! http://npatraits.homestead.com/natype.html
    Very little of that description could fit me.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, it is the problem with such tests - I took it again and got something different.

Nothing is real. So tomorrow doesn't matter.
    TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Narcissist

npaa.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pumainfp; 03-05-2014 at 09:38 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

focus (F) :24 20-70 = moderate: reflective, pragmatic
    temperament (T) :26 20-35 = moderate
    extroversion (E): 42 30-70 = moderate
    submissivness, anxiety, depression (S) 31 30-60 = moderate
    agression (A) : 23 0-30 = absent, very low
    narcississm (N) :93 85-100 = overt narcissism in N or NA type

consistency of respons to questions :92 (excellent)

Your type:
    N (narcissistic),
    possible narcissistic submissive (NA-) or borderline (N-)

I honestly wasn't aware that I display so many narcissistic traits before I joined this forum, but now I can clearly see it (and in other people as well). Time for some character reassessment.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    focus (F) :24 20-70 = moderate: reflective, pragmatic
    temperament (T) :26 20-35 = moderate
    extroversion (E): 42 30-70 = moderate
    submissivness, anxiety, depression (S) 31 30-60 = moderate
    agression (A) : 23 0-30 = absent, very low
    narcississm (N) :93 85-100 = overt narcissism in N or NA type

consistency of respons to questions :92 (excellent)

Your type:
    N (narcissistic),
    possible narcissistic submissive (NA-) or borderline (N-)

I honestly wasn't aware that I display so many narcissistic traits before I joined this forum, but now I can clearly see it (and in other people as well). Time for some character reassessment.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post

I honestly wasn't aware that I display so many narcissistic traits before I joined this forum, but now I can clearly see it (and in other people as well). Time for some character reassessment...
    Its not a character problem, its a vital character trait. They are using the word narcissist differently.

Here I quote myself (now thats narcisistic) from my above post; I think it explains it:

"Misc. info about N's from that website, and some thoughts: Note that in NPA theory the sanguine trait, or "narcissism," refers to "normal narcissism," posited to be a common genetic trait. The term itself has no negative or pejorative connotation and does not necessarily imply an extreme, malignant form of narcissism known to health professionals as "narcissistic personality disorder," or NPD." [I read up on this for this very reason - my ex was NPD, and I considered myself lacking in Narcissistic traits as often happens with spouses; your traits tend to opposing over time.] "

I remember learning, when I was actively studying Narcissist Personality Disorder, with the goal of shedding light on the life I had led married to my ex, that we ALL need to have narcissist traits, and without them we cannot cope in the world. So its part of normal human make-up, and to be overly absent of the trait it is a disorder. ...NPD is something else.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Its not a character problem, its a vital character trait. They are using the word narcissist differently.

Here I quote myself (now thats narcisistic) from my above post; I think it explains it:

"Misc. info about N's from that website, and some thoughts: Note that in NPA theory the sanguine trait, or "narcissism," refers to "normal narcissism," posited to be a common genetic trait. The term itself has no negative or pejorative connotation and does not necessarily imply an extreme, malignant form of narcissism known to health professionals as "narcissistic personality disorder," or NPD." [I read up on this for this very reason - my ex was NPD, and I considered myself lacking in Narcissistic traits as often happens with spouses; your traits tend to opposing over time.] "

I remember learning, when I was actively studying Narcissist Personality Disorder, with the goal of shedding light on the life I had led married to my ex, that we ALL need to have narcissist traits, and without them we cannot cope in the world. So its part of normal human make-up, and to be overly absent of the trait it is a disorder. ...NPD is something else.
    Yeah, I understand it's not meant as a disorder and I'm aware that NPD is a totally different monster. I'm just wondering where to draw the line between healthy narcissism and overt one. Trying to find the balance within myself and not only due to these test results.

I'm also trying to understand why I'm always attracted to highly narcissistic men and what does that say about me . Idk, I'm sometimes disgusted by the western society where you have to be so self-assured all the time, completely self-confident and know how to market yourself in order to succeed and "be bought". But at the same time, I play the game and am always seduced by the images and attracted to facades like moth to flame. Eh, I'm just having a downer moment

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@darya I can relate. I guess I am attracted to powerful people. Sometimes, often, they can be narcissistic or aggressive. It is the nature of the beast. I just took that test and it kinda fits. What I got from my results:

It is what it is.

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Aylen, hehe, I'm The Mad Scientist
    http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/resul...eload=19148874

Now I really need to stop with these addictive tests

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F:63 T:10 S:28 E:40 A:30 N:55 R:78 C:65
    your possible type: NP

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F:22 T:28 S:22 E:62 A:31 N:95 R:90 C:92

Character type: N
    "Since your S-score was mildly elevated, consider also the possiblity that your character type is non-dominant: Narcissistic Submissive (NA-) or Borderline (N-)."

Okay.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@zap

NA type

F40 moderated
    T20 low borderilne moderated
    S41 moderated
    E47 moderated
    A14 low
    N86 high
    R67 OK
    C76 OK

So what does that mean?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focus: 42
    Temperament: 20
    Submissiveness, anxiety, depression: 13
    Extroversion: 55
    Aggression: 47
    Narcissism: 85
    Consistency of response to questions: 49 (exceptional)
    Statistical consistency: 72 (fair)
    ---

N = 1.00; NP = 0.13; NA = 0.99; NPA = 0.19; PA = 0.19; A = 0.10; S(-) = 0.14
    ---

Your S-score was below 20 (very low).
    This is consistent with a dominant character type.

The S-score is a measure of anxiety, depression or submissiveness in social relations on a scale of 0-100. If the score is >20-30, then it becomes likely that either trait N or A, or both, is only partially expressed. This test does not explore the many possible reasons for a high S-score. The most common reason is suppressed aggression (submissive types) or suppressed narcissism (narcissistic borderline types). In individuals having consulted a mental health professional common reasons might be depression or bipolar disorder. The T-score is a measure of temperament, also on a scale of 0-100. Low temperament individuals tend to be reserved or phlegmatic. High temperament individuals tend to be reactive or volatile. The F score is a measure of the degree of organization of an individual's personality, again on a scale of 0-100. Organized individuals with analytical tendencies will tend to score high on this scale, while less focused, expansive or practical individuals will tend to score low.

Your most probable character type is sanguine: N (narcissistic)
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Focus 41
    Aggression 52
    Temperament 39
    Narcissism 75
    Submissiveness, Anxiety, Depression 15
    Extroversion 71

Your most probable character type is sanguine (narcissistic-aggressive)
    Last edited by Amber; 07-03-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Focus: 56 (moderate: reflective, pragmatic)
    • Temperament: 12 (low: reserved)
    • Submissiveness, Anxiety, Depression: 74 (high)
    • Extroversion: 14 (low, introverted)
    • Aggression: 14 (absent, very low)
    • Narcissism: 67 (high probability of N trait)
    • Consistency of response to questions: 84 [very good (consistent response)]
    • Statistical consistency: 83 [good (consistent results between methods)]

Your S-score was greater than 60 (elevated).
    Above 60 the probability of being a submissive type is high.

The S-score is a measure of anxiety, depression or submissiveness in social relations on a scale of 0-100. If the score is >20-30, then it becomes likely that either trait N or A, or both, is only partially expressed. This test does not explore the many possible reasons for a high S-score. The most common reason is suppressed aggression (submissive types) or suppressed narcissism (narcissistic borderline types). In individuals having consulted a mental health professional common reasons might be depression or bipolar disorder. The T-score is a measure of temperament, also on a scale of 0-100. Low temperament individuals tend to be reserved or phlegmatic.

NA
    (narcissistic-aggressive)

Since your S-score was elevated, it is probable that your character type is a variant Narcissistic-Aggressive type:
    Narcissistic-Aggressive with a tendency to submissive behavior (NA- or NA=).

Possible risk: borderline personality

Borderline: The Hated Diagnosis

According to Herbert Strean, when therapists diagnose a patient as borderline what they’re really saying to the patient is this: “I hate you!” And while it might seem harsh for a therapist, that paragon of love and acceptance, to be so rejecting and callous, there’s often a good reason for it. This supposed “borderline” patient is the exact type that is easy to hate: they can drive even the best therapist literally nuts. A few years ago a Long Island therapist was asked by a local paper to define the borderline. His reply, which got him sued, probably as much because it was brilliant as because it was cynical and non-representative, was as follows: “A borderline is the patient who calls you up at three o’clock in the morning on your home phone threatening suicide, which you know he’ll never do – but you wish he really would.”

According to the DSM (the standard psychiatric diagnostic text) the patient with Borderline Personality Disorder (code 301.83, in case you’re wondering which numbers not to play in the lottery, if that happens to be your addiction of non-choice) is highly emotionally unstable, has a persistently shaky sense of self, is extremely impulsive, is prone to heavy substance abuse and acting out, is prone toward suicidal gesture (and occasionally worse), often feels chronically empty, tends toward extreme displays of anger, is generally intermittently highly depressed or anxious…and the list goes on.

But underneath it all, the borderline personality is just a specific type of wounded adult-child. Borderlines share extreme neediness with narcissists, except that borderlines are much less able to control their frustrated rage. Unlike the narcissist who woos you with charmed entreaties, the borderline sucks you in with a harpoon, or in milder cases with flypaper in your face. They’re not only pissed as hell over having had their developing needs neglected as kids, but more so for having been psychologically, if not outright physically or sexually, tortured. And they have every right to be furious.

Of course, if you’re not their parent their problems are not your fault at all, though that won’t stop them from making you feel that way. Often they idealize their parents and blame you instead, though even if they did direct their blame homeward and expect love from Mom and Dad it would be decades too late. As the healing saying goes, “they broke it, you fix it.”

Regardless, their rage spills out everywhere, contaminating all their present relationships so that few healthy people would dare want to be close to them. The borderline instills in others an extreme desire to abandon him, which, ironically, is what he fears most. As such his remaining relationships, even the therapeutic ones, are volatile. He unconsciously recreates in his dealings with others the same horrible tension of his early childhood relationships with his rejecting parents, and yet because his behavior is unconscious he fails to understand and thus acknowledge his part in it, and of course is never able to admit his deepest hope behind his sabotage: that those onto whom he projects his historical parents (his children included) will mature to the point of finally being able to love him, and thereby heal him, in spite of his nearly impossible behavior.

This is his fantasy, and it’s a rough one to have projected onto you. Sadly, though, the only one it’s rougher for (his children aside) is the borderline himself.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narcissistic-Aggressive (NA) with tendency to submissive or bipolar behavior.

F = 19 (diffuse, expansive, impulsive)
    T = 54 (reactive)
    S= 48 (moderate)
    E = 53 (moderate)
    A = 54 (moderate)
    N = 74 (high probability of N trait)
    R = 64 (fair)
    C = 85 (good)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Meh , I got the result NA, but I'm probably closer to the Narcissistic-Perfectionistic type : http://npatraits.homestead.com/nptype.html.
    Lol even as facial features somehow.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I chose 2 for many. I feel I should have a P, I get comments regarding it and think I put 3 for some related to it. I would expect a higher F score and lower E score but Idk much about this stuff. Seems interesting, I would find a summary of each helpful. Seems I could potentially dive deeper into it.
    Attachment 4343
    Attachment 4344Attachment 4345
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 10-04-2014 at 02:13 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my goodness. I think I'll need another degree to understand all those letters and graphs and things. I got N, with an elevated S score and "the possibility that your character type is non-dominant: Narcissistic Submissive (NA-) or Borderline (N-)."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast