Thread: ExFP, help please

Default ExFP, help please...

some of you may have noticed my thread in gamma quadra where i began to question my type. really the only conclusion that i came to in that thread was that i am more confused than i thought i was originally.

anyways, i would encourage anyone posting in this thread to read that thread first, just to avoid discussing something that has already been discussed. however, i am glad to talk with anyone with any input.

also, this thread does not have to be about me personally since i'm not sure its possible to accurately type someone over the internet anyways (i'm starting another thread in general discussion about this if you want to discuss it). i would be interested in discussing the specific differences between ENFP's and ESFP's, since they are mirror types and all, how is someone supposed to differentiate between the two when they are fairly new to socionics in the first place? any input would be helpful, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by silke; 03-16-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather not read the posts where you were already convinced you were some type. This will not help with your typing - it will create bias.

So anyway, If you have narrowed it down to ENFp and ESFp, then you should know they are not mirror types. ENFp and INFj are mirrors and ESFp and ISFj are mirrors. ESFp and ENFp have some major differences.

1) quadra. They are both from Fi/Te quarda which makes them apprechiate practicality. However, ESFp are from Se/Ni quadra which gives them action-consequence view of life (you reap what you sew) and ENFp are from Ne/Si quadra which gives them the sense that everyone is inherently good at any moment and when someone behaves bad it's because they had bad influence.

2) ENFps have base and ESFps have base.

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    Ne as a base (1st) function (ILE and IEE)
    The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things.
    He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.
    He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive ).
    Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    Se as a base (1st) function (SLE and SEE)
    The individual feels at home among people who are actively doing something and interacting with each other directly (visibly), and is able to organize people, move them around as necessary, and guide them in achieving a specific goal. He or she likes obedience and even subservience in others, since it allows him to "make things happen" more effectively.
    He is keenly aware of territorial conflicts and confrontational behavior occurring around him. He very quickly becomes confrontational when others try to make him move or get him to do something in an aggressive or confrontational way. He quickly recognizes when people are trying to get each other to do something or are trying to organize him for some purpose. He also spontaneously uses aggression to achieve his own goals.
    He wants to make all decisions himself about what he will do, wear, eat, look like, etc., and resents any attempts by others to make these decisions for him. However, he is willing to make use of other peoples' ideas, advice, and creativity, as long as he plays the most visible role.
    He enjoys testing his will in challenging situations and views life as a sort of obstacle course, full of adversity and challenges, that must be weathered and conquered.
    However, Role functions are the same functions reversed. So ENFp tries to behave like ESFp and vice versa. This is the reason why it's difficult to sometimes tell these types apart. Even with overactive role functions types usually still have quadra values or function preferences.

3) different duals. Think - what would you give to a relationship - what type would need that. Or just skip this difference since it's often difficult to answer.
    4) from my experience with the types, ENFp is the ever-tolerant whereas ESFp gets strong opinons and is quick to react on it. ENFp is mild and wants to do things with calm enjoyment, ESFp is somewhat controversial and likes to do fun and intense things with real energy. Difference in body language - ENFp softly touches his wife's arm for affection and gives a soft kiss, ESFp puts his arm all way around his girlfriend's sholders in a protective way and kisses her forehead very casually.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    some of you may have noticed my thread in gamma quadra where i began to question my type. really the only conclusion that i came to in that thread was that i am more confused than i thought i was originally.

anyways, i would encourage anyone posting in this thread to read that thread first, just to avoid discussing something that has already been discussed. however, i am glad to talk with anyone with any input.

also, this thread does not have to be about me personally since i'm not sure its possible to accurately type someone over the internet anyways (i'm starting another thread in general discussion about this if you want to discuss it). i would be interested in discussing the specific differences between ENFP's and ESFP's, since they are mirror types and all, how is someone supposed to differentiate between the two when they are fairly new to socionics in the first place? any input would be helpful, thanks in advance!
    Which of the two dichotomies do you identify with?

S types:
    Focus on details and specifics
    See what is
    Live in the here and now
    Trust actual experience
    Like to use established skills

N types:
    Focus on bigger picture and possibilities
    Notice anything new and different
    Think about future applications
    Prefer to learn new things

This list isn't exhaustive but it's a good comparison between the two dichotomies. Which one fits you?

huh, wonder where i read that they were mirrors, i know i've seen that before. anyways...

Cyclops, i relate to both dichotomies in some ways. i think that my problem lies in the role functions kristiina talked about. i know that i can behave like both types at different times and when i'm in different moods. for example when i'm at work or a party or somewhere where there is a lot of energy and i'm in a good mood i act much more like an S type. however, if i'm alone at home or in a one on one laid back setting i tend to act more N type.

to say the same thing in a different way. when i'm on break at work, if theres a lot of people outside talking and joking around, i'm ESFP. however, if i go outside and theres only one person there and we just sit and talk, i'm ENFP. its really very interesting, the problem that i'm coming across is figuring out the type that i am naturally.

to look at it from a values standpoint (maybe to help narrow down a quadra).

-i think that people are generally good, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt suffer the consequences of their actions.
    -people make their own choices in life. if someone influences you, then you let them influence you. whether thats for good or bad at some point you made a choice to listen to whatever they had to say.
    -laws, rules, procedures are all developed to accomplish a goal, if they dont accomplish that goal then the law/rule/procedure is ineffective and needs to be rethought. i dont believe in sticking with something that doesnt work no matter how long its been the established way of doing it.
    -other peoples viewpoints should always be listened to, and its best if you make an effort to understand it. people are different and even though you may think something makes no sense from their standpoint it may, so listen to what they have to say before you just tell them they are wrong. they may still be wrong but it makes no sense to argue about something you dont understand.

obviously its impossible for me to narrow down my entire value system into a list, theres too many things that i just take for granted and can't even think about. however this may help give some insight into myself. FTR i wrote the above list right out of my head, i didnt refer to any type of values list for either type, the above are values that i hold to be true for myself regardless of type.

right at the moment, it seems to me that gamma quadra fits me better than delta, so thats a start at least. now i'm off to do some research on dual-seeking to see how that fits.
    ________
    ROLLS-ROYCE CORNICHE
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you consider posting a picture of yourself?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

my avatar now=me, this was the best recent picture i have, its from a couple weeks ago. i can try to find more if needed.
    ________
    No2 vaporizer
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

picture for VI should have more than just passport-picture amount of body visible. Body language is also important for typing.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and it does give some hint of type that you actually used a picture like this (just the fact that you picked that one), but for VI, there should be at least one picture without making faces, because otherwise the facial features are barely visible.
    E3 (probably 3w4)