Thread: Cognitive styles WHOA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cognitive styles. WHOA.

Cognitive styles

They have published a book on cognitive styles called ordered complexity. Basically they state that they first theorized 7 different modes of consciousness based on their research data. These were then mapped onto neural regions in the brain. For each person, one neural area is conscious while the others are unconscious. Four are "pure thinking/understanding" modes, two modes connect these into two different kinds of imagination and one mode connects everything. After having made this construct and verifying neurologically, they approached psychologists - and were pointed to mbti - for their purposes they have chosen to various other corresponding models based on 16 types to be analogous..and they mapped out these into interactive strategies of the various modes/neural connections etc , as well as then showing where these were actually blocked strategies which could potentially be overcoming. There's some neurological explanations involved. It's a 700 page book, so I haven't quite digested it yet..although if it is onto something, then it seems to me as if socionics theory might need to be reworked based on it's findings. PS. It gives the impression that it lays foundations for type changes, as well as dual-typ-ish theory in it.

I would honestly appreciate some feedback and/or opinons if anyone goes through this in any amount.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to take this test but I couldn't see where to click on the green or red. I tried clicking on the words but that didn't work. It might be my browser (I use Safari). Hm.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's me

Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Here's me

Unless your a facilitator - then you could still come out as mercy try with facilitator as the starting position and see what you get

Seriously, this book is amazing - it validates the type theory and at the same time shows it's limitations and explains not only them, but how to overcome them. Brilliant. I Recommend this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Here's me

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I tried to take this test but I couldn't see where to click on the green or red. I tried clicking on the words but that didn't work. It might be my browser (I use Safari). Hm.
    Just click anywhere on the bar - ie, imagine it equiavelent being -5 from red to 5 from green and the center being 0..and where you click then is roughly equivalent to the ration you think is true for you between the red and green statements..
    unless of course, its just the browser. hm.

Creepy-Diana

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I got Mercy > Perceiver, from what I can tell.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You appear to emphasize
    Facilitator strategy.
    Run the test again by making a new choice.
    Facilitator > Mercy > Contributor > Server, based on those green bars
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Four are "pure thinking/understanding" modes, two modes connect these into two different kinds of imagination and one mode connects everything
    Which are which?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I guess I'm facilitator and exhorter.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that this is the other side of what I study: whereas I focus on attitude, this work focuses on the actions which arise in the context of attitude. (the options available)

If you were to put the two together you'd have a powerful theory of attitude.

Plas Penrhyn in Penrhyndeudraeth, Merionethshire, Wales
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Dual-type theory is real: a truth denied is not a truth destroyed.
    Just because you keep saying it, does not make it true.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am exhorter, teacher.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Apparently the red/green bar thingy doesn't want to extend for me.
    allie can't get her bar thingy up

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

I did the test starting from each assumption and got:
    Teacher x 3
    Perceiver x 2
    Contributor x 1

and once dead end.

I did the further tests between two types.

I'm perceiver.

From what I've seen, what they mostly seem to be like:
    Perceiver: INTp
    Teacher: Alpha NT
    Server: ISTj, perhaps also ISFj
    Contributor: ENTj
    Facilitator: ENFj
    Mercy: IxFx
    Last edited by Warlord; 10-26-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be either a Perceiver or a Contributor, judging by the descriptions. Yet, I have some difficulty understanding the material.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Well, so far the perceiver matches me best, followed by contributor and teacher.
    Hmm yeah interesting. There's multiple reasons why that could be though. For example they haven't found the one that resembles Fi+Se, so in a sense those are the closest thing. There seemed to be element in the Perceiver that seemed to indicate Fi+Se, or just Fi. The category might contain both introverted gammas. And then possibly Contributor both extroverted gammas.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm. Don't have the time to explain, but a quick word. Perceiver, teacher etc dont Directly map to socionic types. jungian functions are later explained as combination of these "working nodes" with the conscious node in charge - he's linked all the functions like that and explained how they make neurological circuits. Two sections cover 8 types each later - although the focus on the types is not in the same..perspective..as socionics or even mbti

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

There are a lot of words, and I don't think Java is setup on my computer properly.

Looked interesting though. Needs a summary - They have the PDF available to read, but it knid of repeats the same things again and again.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got exhorter, what the hell is that?

When I took Exhorter/Mercy test, I got Mercy, yet when I did that test on Exhorter, I get Exhorter and not Mercy, so...huh?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This test is really confusing!! Seems like you can only determine your strength strategies in relation to other ones.

After taking a few of the tests, I generally found that these 3 were my strongest styles:

Mercy
    Perceiver
    Contributor
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.