Thread: hi deltas

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi deltas

hi guys, my name is mark and my socionics type is ENFP (I think ). I have always tested ENFP in myers briggs in school and according to some sites I've read there is a pretty good correlation between your mbti and socionics type..? Well, a little about myself: I am a cancer, 24 years old, my interests include yoga, meditation, eating (I love tasting new things!!) hanging out with friends...ok so maybe you guys could ask me some questions to make sure I have my type correct? Thanks

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read there is a pretty good correlation between your mbti and socionics type..?
    Where did you read that? I think most here disagree with that. Anyhow, hi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enfp_man View Post
    hi guys, my name is mark and my socionics type is ENFP (I think ). I have always tested ENFP in myers briggs in school and according to some sites I've read there is a pretty good correlation between your mbti and socionics type..? Well, a little about myself: I am a cancer, 24 years old, my interests include yoga, meditation, eating (I love tasting new things!!) hanging out with friends...ok so maybe you guys could ask me some questions to make sure I have my type correct? Thanks
    Hi Mark,
    If you are certain that you are ENFP in MBTI, then most likely you are ENFp in socionics. Perhaps some people would disagree with me, but I am pretty sure that the profiles match up between socionics and MBTI, especially for the extrovert types. In my experience, the best way to find your type is to take a test and then read as many profiles as you can to make sure you have the right type. I'm not really sure what questions to ask you, but why do you think you are ENFP? Do the MBTI profiles for ENFP usually fit you? The description you gave about your interests sounds kind of generic and could possibly apply to any type.

Anyways, I am INFJ and i have a lot of experience with ENFP's because my brother is one. So I can share some of my own observations of ENFP's if you want, although i'm not sure they are exactly the same as the descriptions you will find in the profiles.

Welcome to the group!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types don't match up that well generally, although personally I think ENFP and IEE match up better than most.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that this forum layout includes MBTI descriptions along side likely socionics counterparts on the intertype relations section probably doesn't help either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to Delta, if you find that you do in fact match up as IEE.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mark! Welcome! Would be nice to have another Delta around. We seem to be losing people by the truckload lately.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ann2430 View Post
    Hi Mark,
    If you are certain that you are ENFP in MBTI, then most likely you are ENFp in socionics. Perhaps some people would disagree with me, but I am pretty sure that the profiles match up between socionics and MBTI, especially for the extrovert types. In my experience, the best way to find your type is to take a test and then read as many profiles as you can to make sure you have the right type. I'm not really sure what questions to ask you, but why do you think you are ENFP? Do the MBTI profiles for ENFP usually fit you? The description you gave about your interests sounds kind of generic and could possibly apply to any type.
    I agree, I have read lots of mbti ENFP descriptions and they matched me very well. I have read a few socionics descriptions and they seemed to match up well with the myers briggs. I have always considered myself an extrovert. I feel like my energy is generated from interaction with people and I typically get bored after being alone for a while. I also always have identified more with the intuitive traits, and the Ne descriptions from socionics.us made lots of sense for me. I am always looking at potential in the world...I see my house and wonder what kind of addition could be put on to make it look better...different things but it made a lot more sense than say...the descrption of Se which seems too concrete and aggressive for me.

Anyways, I am INFJ and i have a lot of experience with ENFP's because my brother is one. So I can share some of my own observations of ENFP's if you want, although i'm not sure they are exactly the same as the descriptions you will find in the profiles.

Welcome to the group!
    Sure, that would be great I'd be interested to hear what he and I have in common.

and hi to the rest of you guys!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Where did you read that? I think most here disagree with that. Anyhow, hi
    according to Phaedrus....without a doubt, there is 100% equivalency..... which is ridiculous in the world i know.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Hi Mark! Welcome! Would be nice to have another Delta around. We seem to be losing people by the truckload lately.
    +101.

Every quadra should have a representative (based on the highest level of certainty of belonging there) to keep everyone informed who still belongs in that quadra,lol.
    Delta has been taking some big hits lately....like the credit crisis. I'm not even sure who's on this team anymore....myself included. I think Delta needs to rally!
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm here to stay :wink:

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Well, I'm here to stay :wink:
    cool! duality

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome enfp_man. Let's just hope that your name will stay as is until people begin to question your type. Just as in certain tribal societies, you will have to undergo a test for no reason other than the pure amusement of the tribe members. (I am one of the few that has not undergone this test already, and I consider myself one of the lucky ones.)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enfp_man View Post
    I agree, I have read lots of mbti ENFP descriptions and they matched me very well. I have read a few socionics descriptions and they seemed to match up well with the myers briggs. I have always considered myself an extrovert. I feel like my energy is generated from interaction with people and I typically get bored after being alone for a while. I also always have identified more with the intuitive traits, and the Ne descriptions from socionics.us made lots of sense for me. I am always looking at potential in the world...I see my house and wonder what kind of addition could be put on to make it look better...different things but it made a lot more sense than say...the descrption of Se which seems too concrete and aggressive for me.

Sure, that would be great I'd be interested to hear what he and I have in common.

and hi to the rest of you guys!!

Just keep in mind that socionics and MBTI are two separate theories.

"some people" will disagree about that, however.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mark! Welcome! Would be nice to have a real Delta around. We seem to have just a few more fake ones at this time.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Welcome enfp_man. Let's just hope that your name will stay as is until people begin to question your type. Just as in certain tribal societies, you will have to undergo a test for no reason other than the pure amusement of the tribe members. (I am one of the few that has not undergone this test already, and I consider myself one of the lucky ones.)
    Ok, well I think I'll pass

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

Yeah, I understand, it's just that the ENFp descriptions were pretty similar.

Can someone maybe elaborate on what Si dual-seeking means? I think I have a good idea from the descriptions at wikisocion and sort of can relate it to my experience, but I would appreciate more insight.

Thanks

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Hi Mark! Welcome! Would be nice to have a real Delta around. We seem to have just a few more fake ones at this time.
    You could help fix that by clearing off out of delta.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah, I could do that, I could work undercover like you, but I prefer to work from the inside, with full honesty and dignity.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah, I could do that, I could work undercover like you, but I prefer to work from the inside, with full honesty and dignity.
    You are not Delta!

And you're post as usual doesn't make sense.

Anyway, hey enfp_man! I agree with you, that if you identify with good ENFP descriptions, then you are also ENFp. Smilingeyes has some good ideas of Si with Ne.. It's a bit of reading but you can find some of his work in the articles section.

As an ENFp Mark, when you make a promise do you mean 'I will do that' or 'I would like to do it, but I wish someone would show me how' The latter is related to your dominant Ne, you see the possibilities but can be uncertain how to see them through. What Si would do is realise your ideas. So Si finds ways to realise your ideas, and you give the ideas to Si for it to realise! Si tends to ask 'how' and 'why' whereas Ne tends to ask 'what' and 'who'. That's basically a really short example, but I thought I would post it for you nonetheless.

Happy stay!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not Delta!

And you're post as usual doesn't make sense.

Anyway, hey enfp_man! I agree with you, that if you identify with good ENFP descriptions, then you are also ENFp. Smilingeyes has some good ideas of Si with Ne.. It's a bit of reading but you can find some of his work in the articles section.

As an ENFp Mark, when you make a promise do you mean 'I will do that' or 'I would like to do it, but I wish someone would show me how' The latter is related to your dominant Ne, you see the possibilities but can be uncertain how to see them through. What Si would do is realise your ideas. So Si finds ways to realise your ideas, and you give the ideas to Si for it to realise! Si tends to ask 'how' and 'why' whereas Ne tends to ask 'what' and 'who'. That's basically a really short example, but I thought I would post it for you nonetheless.

Happy stay!
    hmm...I tend to be pretty certain of the promises I make...I mean, I have a sense of certain qualities in people, and I typically know is is trustworthy or worth a promise...so if I do make it, I'm usually very confident about it. I've read that is sometimes about understanding peoples' motives?? And I sort of get what you mean about Si and Ne...like they feed off of one another and Si sort of gives stability to Ne since it's always looking at a variety of things?? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is interesting stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think the profiles match up completely. Socionics and the MBTI are just two different ways of describing the same personality types, although they do sort of conflict when it comes to functions in the introverts. But other than that, they are pretty compatible. If you find yourself being energized by being around people (not just a certain person, but people in general), then you probably are an extrovert. No offense, but I'm not sure that your example above really describes intuition. I mean, figuring out ways to improve your house is definitely something that many sensing types enjoy doing. Intuition is kind of hard to describe, even though I use it everyday. It's all about gathering information in a roundabout way and seeing patterns and recognizing the underlying meaning of things. The way my intuition sometimes manifests itself is by suddenly "knowing" things that may not be obvious to other people. This is generally related to things about other people and relationships, since I am a feeling type. ENFP's definitely have the ability to read people well and to know things about people that others may not understand.

Okay, well I'll try and describe my brother as I see him. Everything I say may not be relevant him being an ENFP, however. First of all, my brother is a quiet extrovert. He definitely prefers being around people, but he tends to be quieter than most extroverts I know. He can be moody, and in fact a lot of things depend on his mood. He loves learning and doing new things and he is usually good at most of what he does. He is a lot better at starting things than finishing them, however. He is very much a people person and really does love people. He can be funny, charismatic, random, and spontaneous. I have always hated arguing with him because he is someone who can talk himself out of almost anything, and he always finds a way to make it so that he wins the argument (or at least thinks he does, lol). He definitely has a sort of uncanny way of reading people and seeing many different sides to a person. He is good at finding the potential in others and helping them to recognize it. He can be sensitive and definitely needs reassurance from people at times. He does not do well with criticism or negative comments, although he doesn't necessarily have a problem saying them to others. I'm sure there's other things to say but that's about all I can think of right now. Let me know if you can relate to any of those qualities

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who exactly do you think is a fake delta?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

I'm pretty sure you are referring to me, and I have to disagree with your disagreement lol. I agree that socionics and MBTI are two different theories, but they have a lot of similarities and the profiles generally match up. I have yet to see a profile in socionics that absolutely does not match up to a profile in MBTI. If someone has evidence to back up their claim that the profiles don't match up then please show me, otherwise I will stick with my belief that the profiles are describing the same types of people (ex., ENFP in MBTI is the same as ENFP in socionics). The difference lies in the descriptions of the functions, not the profiles.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't you tell from my replies?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't you tell from my replies?

Do you mean in this thread or in general? I can't say that I have read all your replies. However, in this thread it is pretty clear that you are disagreeing with a certain person. But is there anyone else you are referring to?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, in this thread it is pretty clear that you are disagreeing with a certain person. But is there anyone else you are referring to?
    Nope.

Creepy-Cyclops

He is probably disagreeing with his own self typing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is probably disagreeing with his own self typing.
    Maybe the best thing to do is to just let your disagreement go. If someone is convinced they are a certain type, they probably aren't going to change their mind just because someone on an online forum disagrees with them. If they have really mistyped themselves, then hopefully they will figure it out on their own when they truly study the theory and compare it to real life relationships.

I'm not saying that either of you is or is not an ISTp. I have no idea. I just think there's no point in arguing about it on a public forum.

Creepy-Cyclops

Maybe the best thing to do is to just let your disagreement go. If someone is convinced they are a certain type, they probably aren't going to change their mind just because someone on an online forum disagrees with them. If they have really mistyped themselves, then hopefully they will figure it out on their own when they truly study the theory and compare it to real life relationships.

I'm not saying that either of you is or is not an ISTp. I have no idea. I just think there's no point in arguing about it on a public forum.
    Well, part of a socionic forum is to debate type. However he has questioned mines first. I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, but he repeatedly questions other delta's types when they do not ask for it. If you look at some of the posting he has made this morning, if you click on his name and view his posts, you will see that he has posted saying things like he is going to cut my balls off, stab my eyes with ice picks, and told me that I am dead ect. He's also threatened me on pm before all this. If you look at delta's behaviour, and ISTp's such as myself, song of sappho ect you see we do not like to speak this way. It's not particularly 'delta'. However, if you look at people like crazedrat, phaedrus, even niffweed, you will see that they do not understand or have any problems with this behaviour. He seems more ILI than SLI. Quite 'undelta'

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's referring to me. Apparently he spends his every waking moment thinking of different ways to state this. Not sure why. Maybe he has nothing else to do with his time.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Hi.

lol at the irony of such a short greeting from "The Greeter"

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    lol at the irony of such a short greeting from "The Greeter"

LOL! I hadn't thought of that.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you are referring to me, and I have to disagree with your disagreement lol. I agree that socionics and MBTI are two different theories, but they have a lot of similarities and the profiles generally match up. I have yet to see a profile in socionics that absolutely does not match up to a profile in MBTI. If someone has evidence to back up their claim that the profiles don't match up then please show me, otherwise I will stick with my belief that the profiles are describing the same types of people (ex., ENFP in MBTI is the same as ENFP in socionics). The difference lies in the descriptions of the functions, not the profiles.
    And my point is that the "profiles" are only meaning so much. Socionics is an in depth theory relating to the ordering of someone's functions.

Whether or not the profiles in two theories match up is irrelevant to my point - but it means great significance to ann. That's our difference.

I never "made the claim" - that you are calling out refutation for - that the two profiles don't match up. That's not the issue for me.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's all this about? You guys are my two favorite forum members, fcol! Stop it now, or you won't be invited to my Delta party (which is lots of good food on the table and a bunch of DVDs of arthouse movies we're gonna watch) This is not a threat, but a won't have any fights at my get2gethers

On topic: hi enfp-man!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Consentingadult! Just wanted to say I like your signature quote.

Creepy-

Out of curiosity, what types do you suggest for each other?

Cyclops, you seem to think Winterpark is ILI, yes?

Winterpark, what type do you think Cyclops is?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Out of curiosity, what types do you suggest for each other?

Cyclops, you seem to think Winterpark is ILI, yes?

Winterpark, what type do you think Cyclops is?
    From what I recall, he agrees with Huitz typing of me, which is LSE.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    What's all this about? You guys are my two favorite forum members, fcol! Stop it now, or you won't be invited to my Delta party (which is lots of good food on the table and a bunch of DVDs of arthouse movies we're gonna watch) This is not a threat, but a won't have any fights at my get2gethers

On topic: hi enfp-man!
    Hmm.. I do want to come to your party. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast