Thread: Should Sarah Palin be impeached?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should Sarah Palin be impeached?

Here in Ohio, Bob Taft (descendent of the former president) was caught up in an ethics scandal over gifts he recieved from friends on Capitol Hill. He ended up with a rebuke by a judge after pleading no contest to the charges.

Sarah Palin has broken the law in a different way: she abused the power of her own office to deliberately harm the career of a state trooper, and all so that her family could label that trooper unfit for visitation rights with her sister's children. The larger issue is, if you cross Sarah Palin then you can expect her administration to come after you: the executive branch puts a big target sign on you. Nor will she admit fault; in fact, she is ready to do these kinds of things whenever she thinks they will serve her ambition.

If she were to get into national office, then the Valerie Plame leak would look like a tarte in comparison. Can you imagine what she would do to abortion rights clinics? She might order the Secret Service, or somebody, to investigate every single abortion provider in the nation, to harass them. She's a lose cannon ready to let loose with reckless abandon. And do not think that she would, in fact, directly attack the careers of anyone who did what Plame's husband did, like questioning the rationale for war with another country. And if we were to go to war with somebody, you would probably see the most vocal opponents of the conflict getting rounded up and put into jails.

She's a tyrant, plain and simple.... And she could be your president if you vote the wrong way in November.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Here in Ohio, Bob Taft (descendent of the former president) was caught up in an ethics scandal over gifts he recieved from friends on Capitol Hill. He ended up with a rebuke by a judge after pleading no contest to the charges.

Sarah Palin has broken the law in a different way: she abused the power of her own office to deliberately harm the career of a state trooper, and all so that her family could label that trooper unfit for visitation rights with her sister's children. The larger issue is, if you cross Sarah Palin then you can expect her administration to come after you: the executive branch puts a big target sign on you. Nor will she admit fault; in fact, she is ready to do these kinds of things whenever she thinks they will serve her ambition.

If she were to get into national office, then the Valerie Plame leak would look like a tarte in comparison. Can you imagine what she would do to abortion rights clinics? She might order the Secret Service, or somebody, to investigate every single abortion provider in the nation, to harass them. She's a lose cannon ready to let loose with reckless abandon. And do not think that she would, in fact, directly attack the careers of anyone who did what Plame's husband did, like questioning the rationale for war with another country. And if we were to go to war with somebody, you would probably see the most vocal opponents of the conflict getting rounded up and put into jails.

She's a tyrant, plain and simple.... And she could be your president if you vote the wrong way in November.
    A lot of ppl think she is ESE -- "The Bonvivant." lol

It does sound like she abused her power... This kinda shit happens all the time though, e.g. Mass Gov Patrick giving his wife a 150k/yr job to do essentially nothing... No impeachment... Just par for the course corruption.

Your arguments would be more effective if you left out the extremist speculation, e.g. Palin's inspection of every abortion..? I mean, I hear your argument, but c'mon.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Barack Obama be impeached for consorting with a terrorist?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Should he be impeached for serving on an educational board with a professor of education who was stupid in his youth, 35-40 years ago? You have a very broad definition of "consort".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    A lot of ppl think she is ESE -- "The Bonvivant." lol

It does sound like she abused her power... This kinda shit happens all the time though, e.g. Mass Gov Patrick giving his wife a 150k/yr job to do essentially nothing... No impeachment... Just par for the course corruption.

Your arguments would be more effective if you left out the extremist speculation, e.g. Palin's inspection of every abortion..? I mean, I hear your argument, but c'mon.
    I didn't mean every abortion, I meant abortion doctors. Say, launching investigations into Planned Parenthood, that sorta thing. She'd do that to score political points with the Right, I'd wager.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Screw Palin. Let's impeach Bush instead.
    I think Bush is a victim of his own personality. He doesn't know how to approach people on the other side the isle. Hillary has the same problem.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw Palin.
    You know, I bet a lot of guys have thought about that.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(this is not a response to DJ, just a comment in general)

aside: Now what I don't understand is why people are so surprised that governments do strange or questionable things for political reasons, when the very process of getting them elected is a bunch of "politics"
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    (this is not a response to DJ, just a comment in general)

aside: Now what I don't understand is why people are so surprised that governments do strange or questionable things for political reasons, when the very process of getting them elected is a bunch of "politics"
    We've abstracted away from the character issue and instead made everything into a bunch of lcold wars between parties. So long as radicals have a vote though, this will remain the situation. Radicals vote with their hearts, not their head, and if someone seems uncommitted to their heart then they just won't vote for them. Obama is really good at dodging around radical sentiments, carefully toning his message so as not to enrage them. ****** now, did the opposite, toning his message specifically to enrage his audiences as much as possible.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Should he be impeached for serving on an educational board with a professor of education who was stupid in his youth, 35-40 years ago? You have a very broad definition of "consort".
    Oh, that's all it was? LOL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's not a terrorist, he's just a vandalist. and yeah, i'm sure during all those school board meetings barack and bill kept running off and being like, "okay dude, here's the plan, you get into the whitehouse and we'll fuck up mount rushmore, and crash the economy and everything! 1 2 3 go! terrorism!"

i'm sick of character assaults. they don't matter. a man who fucks another man's wife could probably still balance your taxes if that is what he's spent his life doing/working/studying. a man who blows up statues and monuments is still qualified to profess elementary education. etc etc

anyway what is the logic of saying he won't be fit for president because he knows someone who is a vandalist?
    asd

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that's all it was? LOL.
    I was almost convinced by the lol here. It seemed all in capital letters and authoritative.

Also, I'm sure there are tons of shit people who had friends or family and that didn't make them bad people. This isn't directly applicable, but even in the worst case scenario I think it would be food for thought.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should they all be impeached for helping in the destruction of American sovereignty?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was almost convinced by the lol here. It seemed all in capital letters and authoritative.
    Straw man.

Also, I'm sure there are tons of shit people who had friends or family and that didn't make them bad people. This isn't directly applicable, but even in the worst case scenario I think it would be food for thought.
    Wrong. Anyone who befriends "shit people" has bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    he's not a terrorist, he's just a vandalist. and yeah, i'm sure during all those school board meetings barack and bill kept running off and being like, "okay dude, here's the plan, you get into the whitehouse and we'll fuck up mount rushmore, and crash the economy and everything! 1 2 3 go! terrorism!"

i'm sick of character assaults. they don't matter. a man who fucks another man's wife could probably still balance your taxes if that is what he's spent his life doing/working/studying. a man who blows up statues and monuments is still qualified to profess elementary education. etc etc

anyway what is the logic of saying he won't be fit for president because he knows someone who is a vandalist?
    You're right. The probity and character of presidential candidates is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Should they all be impeached for helping in the destruction of American sovereignty?
    Yes.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straw man.

Wrong. Anyone who befriends "shit people" has bad judgment.

You're right. The probity and character of presidential candidates is irrelevant.

Yes.
    It's actually pathetic - not strong or tough - when somebody is wrong and doesn't want to admit it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straw man.
    I wouldn't call it a straw man so much as me being entertained and sarcastic. LOL.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I wouldn't call it a straw man so much as me being entertained and sarcastic. LOL.
    I'd call it you being stupid and worthless. LOL.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's actually pathetic - not strong or tough - when somebody is wrong and doesn't want to admit it.
    If you think about it, what does discojoe even do anymore? This is the only forum here that he still posts in; he's largely disaffected with socionics now, and is just shooting his mouth off. Of course he's Joy's husband, but that's about it.

Reactive little crank.

@the Palin defenders:
    I think you're being a little too soft on this person who has not admitted wrongdoing when it is plain that she has committed a crime. I account this to your poor character judgement, but the point is that she must be held accountable, not only for her crimes today, but also for her ability to create rage without having the grace to restrain it. Of course, the latter argument is just a talking point against leniency.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd call it you being stupid and worthless. LOL.
    Straw Man.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    If you think about it, what does discojoe even do anymore? This is the only forum here that he still posts in; he's largely disaffected with socionics now, and is just shooting his mouth off. Of course he's Joy's husband, but that's about it.

Reactive little crank.

@the Palin defenders:
    I think you're being a little too soft on this person who has not admitted wrongdoing when it is plain that she has committed a crime. I account this to your poor character judgement, but the point is that she must be held accountable, not only for her crimes today, but also for her ability to create rage without having the grace to restrain it. Of course, the latter argument is just a talking point against leniency.
    Heaven and Earth are not humane,
    And regard the people as straw dogs.
    The sage is not humane,
    And regards all things as straw dogs.
    The space between Heaven and Earth is just like a bellows:
    Empty it, it is not exhausted.
    Squeeze it and more comes out.
    Investigating it with a lot of talk
    Is not like holding to the center.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straw Man.

D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straw Man.
    Cunt.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You all like each other deep down, right?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunt.
    The discojoe has really been going downhill lately.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The discojoe has really been going downhill lately.
    Grr, now I feel compelled to insult you to your own standards.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moderately important of course, but bill ayers will absolutely not be serving any function in barack obama's cabinet, and their relationship is known not to be close. so basically the republicans just want to use the words, 'terrorist' and 'obama' together in any capacity to send shivers down the spines of americans(who have every reason to fear natural security given the incredibly, spiralling out of control, number of terrorist attacks that have befallen the populace).

as for sarah palin, she probably shouldn't be impeached, what she did was a little dose of nepotism but you know, that really flies here in the states these days.
    asd

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moderately important of course, but bill ayers will absolutely not be serving any function in barack obama's cabinet, and their relationship is known not to be close. so basically the republicans just want to use the words, 'terrorist' and 'obama' together in any capacity to send shivers down the spines of americans(who have every reason to fear natural security given the incredibly, spiralling out of control, number of terrorist attacks that have befallen the populace).
    Don't be stupid:

Obama First Met Ayers At A 1995 Meeting Of Local Liberal Activists That Took Place In Ayers' Home. (Ben Smith, "Obama Once Visited '60s Radicals," The Politico, 1/22/08)

* The Meeting Launched Obama's Illinois State Senate Candidacy And Allowed Ayers To Introduce Him "To The Hyde Park Community As The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread." (Ben Smith, "Obama Once Visited '60s Radicals," The Politico, 1/22/08)

From 1999 To 2002, Obama Served With Ayers On The Board Of Directors For The Woods Fund Of Chicago. (Timothy J. Burger, "Obama's Chicago Ties Might Fuel 'Republican Attack Machine'," Bloomberg, 2/15/08)

"[Obama And Ayers] Have Also Appeared Jointly On Two Academic Panels, One In 1997 And Another In 2001." (Russell Berman, "Obama's Ties To Left Come Under Scrutiny," The New York Sun, 2/19/08)

In 1997, Obama Reviewed Ayers' Book, A Kind And Just Parent: The Children Of Juvenile Court, In The Chicago Tribune, Calling It "A Searing And Timely Account Of The Juvenile Court System." (Chicago Tribune, 12/21/97)

"From 1995 To 1999, [Barack Obama] Led An Education Foundation Called The Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), And Remained On The Board Until 2001. … The CAC Was The Brainchild Of Bill Ayers…" (Stanley Kurtz, Op-Ed, "Obama And Ayers Pushed Radicalism On Schools," The Wall Street Journal, 9/23/08)

"Ayers And Obama Were Also Part Of A Group Of Four Instructed To Draft The Bylaws That Would Govern CAC. Surely That Endeavor Would Have Involved Significant Interaction Between Them. Then There's The Question Of Unrecorded Meetings Of Both The Board And The Collaborative." (Stanley Kurtz, "Obama's Challenge," National Review Online, www.nationalreview.com, 9/23/08)

* "As CAC Board Chair, Obama Was Essentially Authorizing The Funding Of Ayers's Own Educational Projects, And The Projects Of Ayers's Radical Allies." (Stanley Kurtz, "Obama's Challenge," National Review Online, www.nationalreview.com, 9/23/08)

"Ayers And Obama Guided CAC Money To Community Organizers, Like ACORN (The Association Of Community Organizations For Reform Now) And The Developing Communities Project (Part Of The Gamaliel Foundation Network), Groups Self-Consciously Working In The Radical Tradition Of Saul Alinsky." (Stanley Kurtz, "Obama's Challenge," National Review Online, www.nationalreview.com, 9/23/08)

* "The Chicago Annenberg Challenge Stands As Barack Obama's Most Important Executive Experience To Date. By Its Own Account, CAC Was A Largely A Failure." (Stanley Kurtz, "Obama's Challenge," National Review Online, www.nationalreview.com, 9/23/08)

"The Failure Of CAC Thus Raises Entirely Legitimate Questions, Both About Obama's Competence, His Alliances With Radical Community Organizers, And About Ayers's Continuing Influence Over CAC And Its Board, Headed By Obama." (Stanley Kurtz, "Obama's Challenge," National Review Online, www.nationalreview.com, 9/23/08)

* "The Obama Campaign Has Struggled To Downplay That Association. … Yet Documents In The CAC Archives Make Clear That Mr. Ayers And Mr. Obama Were Partners In The CAC." (Stanley Kurtz, Op-Ed, "Obama And Ayers Pushed Radicalism On Schools," The Wall Street Journal, 9/23/08)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you pushing this Ayers thing when Barack's policies can be criticized to kingdom come?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drommel View Post
    Why are you pushing this Ayers thing when Barack's policies can be criticized to kingdom come?
    Why choose apple when you can have banana?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because bananas are mushy and apples keep doctors away.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for sarah palin, she probably shouldn't be impeached, what she did was a little dose of nepotism but you know, that really flies here in the states these days.
    Well now, if you think about it, wouldn't that send a signal that we're not going to take it anymore? I mean really, I feel for Alaska: they can look forward to two and a half more years of this shit.

Come'on, Eliot Spitzer fucked a prostitute, and Sarah Palin gets a pass? If so, then that means we take a person's moral quibbles more seriously than their tyranny in this country. But I don't think that's the case. It's time for America to redeem itself by impeaching Palin. I can't remember the last time someone was actually impeached for something actually worth impeaching them over. The Republicans made a mockery of the process with Bill Clinton, utilizing the sacrosanct public safeguard against the tyranny of the executive for their own political purposes. Thier little princess, in contrast, deserves harsh treatment.

There are a lot of other little things to get her with also, like that jet she "sold on Ebay". Turns out it was access to the remaining jet which was one of her justifications for firing the police chief. We're gonna get that bitch after the election, you can count on it. Never give up the hunt on evil, because ambition knows no holiday.

Pffft, what's the use of power if you can't even abuse it
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be stupid:

Come on man, surely you see you're reaching here. I mean, as one example, you're offering evidence that these two are close based on Obama reviewing the guy's book with a positive quote.

To give you an obvious example of how flimsy that bit of evidence is, look at what christianitytoday.com had to say about Dawkin's, The Blind Watchmaker: "...a brilliant and fascinating tour de force."

Hmmm, wait a second. A Christian website saying that about a book on evolution? Well, yes - that's exactly what they said. But it doesn't mean the quote wasn't taken out of context, nor does it mean that the author believes that evolution is true.

Trying to link Obama to a radical with the implicit suggestion of terrorism (oh, that's not what you're suggesting? Then what are you suggesting?) is pretty ridiculous when Palin is nailed red-handed for violating the ethics of her office. Even if Obama is showing shitty judgement, it doesn't make sense to suggest that people should be voting for someone showing even shittier judgement.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Come on man, surely you see you're reaching here. I mean, as one example, you're offering evidence that these two are close based on Obama reviewing the guy's book with a positive quote.

To give you an obvious example of how flimsy that bit of evidence is, look at what christianitytoday.com had to say about Dawkin's, The Blind Watchmaker: "...a brilliant and fascinating tour de force."

Hmmm, wait a second. A Christian website saying that about a book on evolution? Well, yes - that's exactly what they said. But it doesn't mean the quote wasn't taken out of context, nor does it mean that the author believes that evolution is true.

Trying to link Obama to a radical with the implicit suggestion of terrorism (oh, that's not what you're suggesting? Then what are you suggesting?) is pretty ridiculous when Palin is nailed red-handed for violating the ethics of her office. Even if Obama is showing shitty judgement, it doesn't make sense to suggest that people should be voting for someone showing even shittier judgement.
    I'm reaching? You just compared Obama's blatant consorting with a domestic terrorist to Palin's "violating the ethics of her office". Besides, I'm not even defending Palin nor McCain.
    Last edited by discojoe; 10-14-2008 at 05:33 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw Palin. Let's impeach Bush instead.
    Hostage Child = right on