Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: changing my type

  1. #1

    Default changing my type

    so i've been doing a lot of reading about ESFP's and i'm pretty sure that i am one. *sigh* all those years wasted thinking i was an ENFP too. oh well time to party with gamma for a while where's the keg?

    so, hello everyone, nice to meet you, i'll try this out for a while and hopefully this will be a better fit.
    Last edited by silke; 03-16-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

  2. #2
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    doubt it
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  3. #3
    Grand Inquisitor Bardia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sorry you haven't filled out the proper paper work for type change.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

  4. #4

    Default

    whatever, ExFP then, i'm exploring, isn't that what this site is about? i've been reading a lot in gamma today and it feels like a much better fit for me, i really actually relate to a lot of the things that people say, before i could kind of relate to enfp posts, but something was always just a little bit off, it felt right at some points but then i would hear someone say something that was just completely off. i usually wrote it off as just being differences between people, but i dont seem to have that with esfp's as far as i've read so far. everything fits, i even like the dual better. i dont really know, i'm still exploring, thoughts are welcome if you would like to suggest something for me, but if your just gonna spout off bullshit or half answers then please feel free to go fuck yourself, i'm only interested if you actually have a thought out theory based on my previous history on this site. otherwise, i guarantee that i know myself better than you know me so as i said before go fuck yourself.
    ________
    Hero Honda Achiever Specifications
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Grand Inquisitor Bardia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well what have you been doing to figure out the types. Some suggestions would be to look at the delta and gamme quadra descriptions on the wikisocion, look at Se/Ni vs Ne/Si, look at the descriptions of types and dualities and just kind of look at who you get along easiest with. Personally, I don't really know anything about you so I can't be of much help to you yet.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

  6. #6

    Default

    i have mostly done my research on this site. when learning about a type i tend to read what people of that type say and learn about them that way, i find this works better than reading type descriptions (type descriptions are often written by someone not of that type, so i find that reading what people of that type actually say explains much better their values etc...), even tho the description for esfp was spot on for me. i also have pretty much understood everything esfp's have written on this site that i have read so far, and for the most part agreed with it. i dont really know, i didnt pay any attention to gamma before because i just didnt pay attention to it, however after reading more i really feel a connection, i notice people writing the responses that i would write if i had been involved in the conversations. i just think that this is a better fit for me than delta was, not even talking about type just quadra at this point. i cant really explain it, it just seems to work for me.

    plus, when i read about esfp, i dont really know how to explain it, its just like someone finally understood who i am, i dont have to pretend anymore because someone out there understands the way my mind works. its kinda weird, things just seem to connect, the more i read the more i connect. we'll see in the future for the moment i'm ExFP, probably ESFP but we'll see what happens, i would like to hear from others of that type, if you have the attention span check out my previous posts and see if you connect. blah this is turning into a long post, i'm out. i'll be back on later.
    ________
    Swiper Boyz
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 AM.

  7. #7
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    whatever, ExFP then, i'm exploring, isn't that what this site is about? i've been reading a lot in gamma today and it feels like a much better fit for me, i really actually relate to a lot of the things that people say, before i could kind of relate to enfp posts, but something was always just a little bit off, it felt right at some points but then i would hear someone say something that was just completely off. i usually wrote it off as just being differences between people, but i dont seem to have that with esfp's as far as i've read so far. everything fits, i even like the dual better. i dont really know, i'm still exploring, thoughts are welcome if you would like to suggest something for me, but if your just gonna spout off bullshit or half answers then please feel free to go fuck yourself, i'm only interested if you actually have a thought out theory based on my previous history on this site. otherwise, i guarantee that i know myself better than you know me so as i said before go fuck yourself.
    I don't know you well enough to give you any personal feedback... But I'd say assess your friends--not on this forum b/c half of the ppl are mis-typed, but your real ones--and think about this: who among them do you feel 'gets' you..? Do you know the types of those ppl?

    Beyond that, if there's someone whose type you're absolutely sure of--try and use that person a benchmark to figure out your inter-type relation... (It's best if you have 3-5 ppl you're absolutely sure of...) That's one thing that made me begin to question my long-held type... B/c the relations made no sense.

    Good luck w/ this... Don't let ppl on this forum discourage you from anything... A lot of these ppl are either scoffers or dead-enders.

  8. #8
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    i cant really explain it, it just seems to work for me.

    plus, when i read about esfp, i dont really know how to explain it, its just like someone finally understood who i am, i dont have to pretend anymore because someone out there understands the way my mind works.
    Yes although the 'i can't really explain it' sounds vague, it actually isn't IMO. It is the right respons. Your chances might increase being an ESFP.

    Maybe a stupid question, but did you already take a look at the dichotomy N and S.

  9. #9

    Default

    not really and this is always something i've been kind of vague on in general,

    pleez 2 give helpz!!!11!!1 kthxbye
    ________
    Toyota gr engine history
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 AM.

  10. #10
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    i have mostly done my research on this site. when learning about a type i tend to read what people of that type say and learn about them that way
    That is stupid. First of all, you could mistype them, thus rendering all observations null and void. Secondly, even if they are typed correctly, simply aggregating traits from them into your understanding of that type could lead to incorrect correlations, since there are other factors than just socionics that determines a person's behavior.

    i find this works better than reading type descriptions (type descriptions are often written by someone not of that type, so i find that reading what people of that type actually say explains much better their values etc...), even tho the description for esfp was spot on for me.
    Talk about Ti polr. If most descriptions are written by someone of another type, and the ESFp descriptions were spot on for you, wouldn't that suggest that you are another type -- probably the same one as the person who wrote the description?

    i also have pretty much understood everything esfp's have written on this site that i have read so far, and for the most part agreed with it.
    The only ESFp on this site is dolphin. srsly. Plus, you can relate to what people of other types say. Again, a correlation isn't always function related. You have to look at the context and nature of it.

    i dont really know, i didnt pay any attention to gamma before because i just didnt pay attention to it, however after reading more i really feel a connection, i notice people writing the responses that i would write if i had been involved in the conversations. i just think that this is a better fit for me than delta was, not even talking about type just quadra at this point. i cant really explain it, it just seems to work for me.
    As if an Se-leading type would speak so speculatively about such a matter. You are ENFp, my friend. That I am certain of.

    plus, when i read about esfp, i dont really know how to explain it, its just like someone finally understood who i am, i dont have to pretend anymore because someone out there understands the way my mind works. its kinda weird, things just seem to connect, the more i read the more i connect. we'll see in the future for the moment i'm ExFP, probably ESFP but we'll see what happens, i would like to hear from others of that type, if you have the attention span check out my previous posts and see if you connect. blah this is turning into a long post, i'm out. i'll be back on later.
    But you said above that the descriptions aren't written by people of that type. So, if you identify that strongly with what they say on such a consistent basis (not to mention virtually every type description sucks), chances are you aren't that type.

    And yes, that was a long post. As I previously stated, no ESFp would discuss the subject in as much of a speculative, long-winded and circular manner as you have.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  11. #11

    Default

    i disagree, ESFP=Better fit than ENFP so far.
    go play in beta, i'm sure they will apreciate your derogatory, argumentative logic more than i do since all your succeding in doing right now is pissing me off and insulting my intelligence, i'll probably just stay ESFP to rub you the wrong way now.
    ________
    Buy Silver Surfer Vaporizer
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 AM.

  12. #12
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    i disagree, ESFP=Better fit than ENFP so far.
    go play in beta, i'm sure they will apreciate your derogatory, argumentative logic more than i do since all your succeding in doing right now is pissing me off and insulting my intelligence, i'll probably just stay ESFP to rub you the wrong way now.
    Did you even see the points I made? No one was trying to be derogatory, but I am now you stupid fuck. Yeah, way to demonstrate your Se base lol. Conflict-averse little pussy. Stop using some illusory idea of my tone to discredit my picking apart of your argument. Get the fuck back to delta, where your boring ass belongs.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  13. #13

    Default

    "doubt it"
    "That is stupid"
    "As if an Se-leading type would speak so speculatively about such a matter"
    "(not to mention virtually every type description sucks),"
    "no ESFp would discuss the subject in as much of a speculative, long-winded and circular manner as you have."

    all derogatory IMO, not to mention that these quotes completely write off a lot of peoples hard work. "conflict-averse"??? you are sorely mistaken, i have been polite so far since this is public forum and i dont know everyone, plus i'm sure there are people who know more than me on here. plus i think its stupid to just let discussions degrade into a battle of "fuck fuck fuck fuckitty fuck fuck" nobody learns anything that way.

    your last post was just childish and displays your immaturity quite a bit. jumping right in with the "stupid fuck", thats a really good way to make people listen and value your opinions... i guarantee i know less about socionics than you, i can tell you have spent lots of time studying the stuff and know what your talking about, i also guarantee that i know what rings true for me a lot better than you do. just the fact that you think that everyone who is esfp on this site has typed themselves wrong besides dolphin says that either you dont understand the type very well or there is something seriously wrong with socionics description of SEE. not saying dolphin isn't SEE since i havent met him/her, just saying that i doubt that everyone else has been wrong and the fact that you think so makes me think that your a pompous ass who thinks anyone who disagrees with his opionion must be wrong.

    if just the fact that i don't really care for you means that i belong in delta as an ENFP, then so be it, this seems like a bad way to type people tho.

    others are welcome to jump in on this conversation if they have an interest, what do you all think?
    ________
    Honda Aircraft Company
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 AM.

  14. #14
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    "doubt it"
    "That is stupid" not trying to be rude, it was just stupid.
    compare it to what I said right after: "First of all, you could mistype them, thus rendering all observations null and void. Secondly, even if they are typed correctly, simply aggregating traits from them into your understanding of that type could lead to incorrect correlations, since there are other factors than just socionics that determines a person's behavior."

    "As if an Se-leading type would speak so speculatively about such a matter" how is this derogatory? I was merely pointing out a trait which betrayed Se leading and suggested Ne role.
    "(not to mention virtually every type description sucks)," again, just making a statement.
    "no ESFp would discuss the subject in as much of a speculative, long-winded and circular manner as you have." this was not an insult at all. I have no clue why you took it that way
    me: "But you said above that the descriptions aren't written by people of that type. So, if you identify that strongly with what they say on such a consistent basis (not to mention virtually every type description sucks), chances are you aren't that type."

    I presented points which I thought should be addressed. Why didn't you answer them? Are you just like everyone else here? Do you use someone's tone as a reason to discount valid points they make? If you are, then I'll write you off right now.

    all derogatory IMO, not to mention that these quotes completely write off a lot of peoples hard work. "conflict-averse"??? you are sorely mistaken, i have been polite so far since this is public forum and i dont know everyone, plus i'm sure there are people who know more than me on here. plus i think its stupid to just let discussions degrade into a battle of "fuck fuck fuck fuckitty fuck fuck" nobody learns anything that way.

    your last post was just childish and displays your immaturity quite a bit. jumping right in with the "stupid fuck", thats a really good way to make people listen and value your opinions... i guarantee i know less about socionics than you, i can tell you have spent lots of time studying the stuff and know what your talking about, i also guarantee that i know what rings true for me a lot better than you do. just the fact that you think that everyone who is esfp on this site has typed themselves wrong besides dolphin says that either you dont understand the type very well or there is something seriously wrong with socionics description of SEE. not saying dolphin isn't SEE since i havent met him/her, just saying that i doubt that everyone else has been wrong and the fact that you think so makes me think that your a pompous ass who thinks anyone who disagrees with his opionion must be wrong.

    if just the fact that i don't really care for you means that i belong in delta as an ENFP, then so be it, this seems like a bad way to type people tho.

    others are welcome to jump in on this conversation if they have an interest, what do you all think?
    Whatever. And nice attempt to search for a consensus by inviting others in to add to this "debate." so 6 ftw.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  15. #15

    Default

    ok, like i said i dont want this to degrade into something stupid so i'll try responding to your points. i apologize for pushing your buttons, lets be adults and work on this, if you cant do that then i dont really want to talk to you.

    "That is stupid. First of all, you could mistype them, thus rendering all observations null and void. Secondly, even if they are typed correctly, simply aggregating traits from them into your understanding of that type could lead to incorrect correlations, since there are other factors than just socionics that determines a person's behavior."

    this is a valid point, i could mistype them. however if i read enough posts from a certain type then i can get a general impression of what that type is, since i dont dive too increadibly deeply into socionics and i dont really know many people who do other than this site, i am forced to rely on the information provided on this site. since you seem to write off most of the conclusions about SEE's that have been made on this site then this would seem like an invalid way of going about searching for a type, if you can suggest another way i would love to hear it, i've taken the test, read the descriptions, read what people of the two types i'm considering have to say. i fail to see where i've gone wrong trying to type myself.

    "Talk about Ti polr. If most descriptions are written by someone of another type, and the ESFp descriptions were spot on for you, wouldn't that suggest that you are another type -- probably the same one as the person who wrote the description?"

    not necessarily, while i dont rely on the descriptions alone, for something to be that acurate to the point of being scary almost it makes me think that i should do more research into the type, hence, this thread and all the reading i've been doing lately.

    "The only ESFp on this site is dolphin. srsly. Plus, you can relate to what people of other types say. Again, a correlation isn't always function related. You have to look at the context and nature of it."

    i have never met dolphin so i dont know if i agree with him/her or not, however i agree spot on with hoodrat and khamelion who are both self proclaimed SEE's, if they are not SEE and i am ENFP, then they must be too IMO.

    "As if an Se-leading type would speak so speculatively about such a matter. You are ENFp, my friend. That I am certain of."

    i am glad you are certain cuz i'm not... still working on it.

    "But you said above that the descriptions aren't written by people of that type. So, if you identify that strongly with what they say on such a consistent basis (not to mention virtually every type description sucks), chances are you aren't that type."

    this doesnt even really make sense to me, maybe its just the way you typed it, "if you identify that strongly with [the type description] chances are you aren't that type."
    this just seems to write off a lot of hard work by other people to come up with the descriptions in the first place, i said that the descriptions weren't perfect, not that they werent somewhat accurate.

    and yes, i did try to draw other people into this, i want other oppinions, preferably some gamma's, read what i have to say and tell me what you think. i'm not just going to take one person's opinion, especially if i dont think that its right.
    ________
    SUZUKI DR-Z400 SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

  16. #16
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    ok, like i said i dont want this to degrade into something stupid so i'll try responding to your points. i apologize for pushing your buttons, lets be adults and work on this, if you cant do that then i dont really want to talk to you.

    this is a valid point, i could mistype them. however if i read enough posts from a certain type then i can get a general impression of what that type is, since i dont dive too increadibly deeply into socionics and i dont really know many people who do other than this site, i am forced to rely on the information provided on this site. since you seem to write off most of the conclusions about SEE's that have been made on this site then this would seem like an invalid way of going about searching for a type, if you can suggest another way i would love to hear it, i've taken the test, read the descriptions, read what people of the two types i'm considering have to say. i fail to see where i've gone wrong trying to type myself.
    Maybe you can say what stuff you identify with, regarding ESFp's. You may see the personality type clearer than others here.

    not necessarily, while i dont rely on the descriptions alone, for something to be that acurate to the point of being scary almost it makes me think that i should do more research into the type, hence, this thread and all the reading i've been doing lately.
    Again, maybe point out what you identify with. For example, I skimmed niffweed's arguments for your being ESFp and thought they were bullshit. So, I need to know where you're coming from.

    i have never met dolphin so i dont know if i agree with him/her or not, however i agree spot on with hoodrat and khamelion who are both self proclaimed SEE's, if they are not SEE and i am ENFP, then they must be too IMO.
    Fuck, how could I forget about hoodrat lol. Yeah, him and dolphin - that's it. Khamelion is Fe-INFp forrall.

    this doesnt even really make sense to me, maybe its just the way you typed it, "if you identify that strongly with [the type description] chances are you aren't that type."
    this just seems to write off a lot of hard work by other people to come up with the descriptions in the first place, i said that the descriptions weren't perfect, not that they werent somewhat accurate.
    No, I was being partially facetious, alluding to the mistypings around here. Like when INTj's try to talk about what it's like to be INTp and then another INTj who thinks he's INTp agrees, etc.

    and yes, i did try to draw other people into this, i want other oppinions, preferably some gamma's, read what i have to say and tell me what you think. i'm not just going to take one person's opinion, especially if i dont think that its right.
    Fine, but don't expect many opinions from "gammas."
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy89 View Post
    I'm sorry you haven't filled out the proper paper work for type change.
    This was probably a joke, but he's right. What parts of the ENFp description(s) don't fit you? Why do you think ESFp fits you better? What makes INTp a better dual for you?

    I'm not questioning your judgment here, but I really think you should explain yourself.

    I'm a newcomer, btw, so my opinions don't matter yet.

  18. #18
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    Khamelion is Fe-INFp forrall.
    I'm not INFp-Fe.

    I'd like to point out to this newcomer that I'm the one who can realize what my type is, and make the decisions on what I identify with most. You are the one who will come to your own conclusion about your type, regardless of what certain...people...tell you.

    And secondly, if that isn't enough for the newcomer, I'd like to point out that the majority of this community doesn't agree that I'm INFp-Fe...that I know of. I know this both from talking to individuals, seeing their opinions in random posts, and from about 2 polls I've done, ESFp-Fi vs. INFp-Fe.

    The second part isn't that important, what the other people around here type me as. Same applies to you, the people are to be used as a mirror of sorts. Except the mirrors around here are messed up...kind of like carnival mirrors. Certain ones are going to skew you into strange shapes, and they will never be able to see you properly because their view of you is that of the mirror, skewed and twisted. Then they will shout nasty things at you to make you believe what they are showing you is true and nothing else could be true because that goes against their PERSONAL understanding of socionics.

    If you want to go by my rule, ignore everything that is said in this format,

    "XXXx's would never say that/do that/etc."

    "This thing you typed here means that you are ignoring Xx function which means that you are not Xx-leading. (or whateverthefuck you get the idea hopefully)"

    It's fucking bullshit and entirely unhelpful. Any type is capable of almost ANY behavior. Behavior is only SLIGHTLY tied into socionics in the first place. So many other factors that make up a person, their thoughts, and their actions.

    LoL, I don't have any opinion on your type...yet. I normally don't give solid or stern opinions when it comes to personality type, just because of how many people see things completely differently. I'm a carnival mirror too...except I don't yell nasty things and at least I'm aware I'm carnival mirror
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  19. #19

    Default

    so i've been doing more reading... blah this is getting kind of old, but its worth it. i guess my problem is that both type descriptions fit me and i could make an arguments for both cases. warning:this is going to be a really long post, trying to answer lots of questions at once.

    ESFP tendancies that fit:
    -"ESFps often react with aggression and hostility when others try to impose rules, limits or discipline on them. They also become very irritated when criticised for their caprices or illogical behaviour. They become equally irritated if someone attempts to question their behaviour or prove their irrationality."

    this is quoted from socionics.com and sums me up perfectly, just look at this thread if you need proof that i become "irritated if someone attempts to question my behaviour or prove my irrationality"


    -i'm very open about my feelings in general with people


    -i get depressed very easily because i feel like nobody really knows me and i have to fake who i am to make them happy.


    -"ESFps know well how to manipulate people's feelings. They have no difficulty attracting attention to themselves if they require it and they do this openly and without embarrassment. ESFps have an ability to transfer their mood to others, especially at home. If they feel bad, everybody feels bad and vice versa. When in good humour they can behave very unpredictably."

    (socionics.com again), this is me 100%, i dont think i can put it better myself


    -"ESFps often have a wide circle of acquaintances. They usually experience difficulties in ending unwanted relationships, and therefore this circle constantly enlarges. ESFps are very realistic people. If a project is unrealistic from their point of view, they will not participate in it. ESFps always try to solve their problems head on, attacking them as soon as they arise. They always look for immediate returns in their projects and in their work. If this does not happen they can loose their desire to continue on the same path"

    (socionics.com), i dont end relationships, ever, too many things can change in the future and i just dont do it, i try to make the best of things, i like the fact that the word aquaintances was used as well, i dont have many close friends, i have lots and lots of aquaintances. at work i dont do stupid assignments, i just dont do them, if its stupid meaningless gruntwork then i'll just find something more productive to do and tell my boss that i'm going to do that instead. my boss lets me get away with this because they know that if they force me to do stupid shit then i'm just going to do a half ass job and i could be much more productive working on something else. mindless repetitive things annoy me to no end, i need something new constantly or i go crazy.

    ENFP tendancies that fit:

    -I'm tall (6'8") i dont tend to believe the physical descriptions that much, but the enfp description fits me pretty well physically.

    -again, i'm really open about my feelings with people, i'm good at talking to people one-on-one, and i often get people saying things like "ive never told anyone this before" "your so easy to talk to" "you always give me good advice", etc... i really like to try to help people solve their personal problems. however this is kind of similar to what ESFP's like to do, maybe its a difference of a one-on-one interaction to a group interaction.

    -i take interest in lots of different things up to the point where they interest me and then i stop, i dont delve too increadibly deeply into things.

    -i deal well in crisis situations when nobody else takes control.

    -i'm extremely disorganized

    -if i want something, i get it, doesnt matter how much money it costs or what i have to do, i usually get what i want.


    so, i have lots in common with both types, as for how i relate to the dual, i'll get to that in another post, i have stuff i need to do at the moment and this is taking a while.

    @ dolphin, in many of my posts i am extremely stressed, especially some of my earlier one's i was going through a lot, i've also noticed i tend to come to this website for some kind of understanding of why i'm reacting the way i am so i tend to be fairly stressed when i have written on here in the past. so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

    @ strrng, niffweed's post was enough to make me do the research on my own, i didnt go solely based on his argument, even tho i apreciate all his efforts a great deal. it interested me enough to make me look at it more and then i made a decision to see how ESFP fit for a while, which i'm glad of because this thread developed out of it and i'm already learning more about myself which is my whole goal on this website in the first place.
    ________
    VOLCANO DIGITAL
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

  20. #20
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    so i've been doing more reading... blah this is getting kind of old, but its worth it. i guess my problem is that both type descriptions fit me and i could make an arguments for both cases. warning:this is going to be a really long post, trying to answer lots of questions at once.

    ESFP tendancies that fit:
    -"ESFps often react with aggression and hostility when others try to impose rules, limits or discipline on them. They also become very irritated when criticised for their caprices or illogical behaviour. They become equally irritated if someone attempts to question their behaviour or prove their irrationality."

    this is quoted from socionics.com and sums me up perfectly, just look at this thread if you need proof that i become "irritated if someone attempts to question my behaviour or prove my irrationality"
    This isn't exclusive to ESFps; stop typing by behavioral traits. And socionics.com is absolute garbage ftr.


    -i'm very open about my feelings in general with people
    Not exclusive to one particular type. I doubt an ExFp enneagram 7 would be open about their feelings.

    -i get depressed very easily because i feel like nobody really knows me and i have to fake who i am to make them happy.
    Not function-related.

    -"ESFps know well how to manipulate people's feelings. They have no difficulty attracting attention to themselves if they require it and they do this openly and without embarrassment. ESFps have an ability to transfer their mood to others, especially at home. If they feel bad, everybody feels bad and vice versa. When in good humour they can behave very unpredictably."

    (socionics.com again), this is me 100%, i dont think i can put it better myself
    I can and frequently do this exact thing. Does that make me ESFp? Again, stop typing yourself based on petty traits from Ganin the goon's site.

    -"ESFps often have a wide circle of acquaintances. They usually experience difficulties in ending unwanted relationships, and therefore this circle constantly enlarges. ESFps are very realistic people. If a project is unrealistic from their point of view, they will not participate in it. ESFps always try to solve their problems head on, attacking them as soon as they arise. They always look for immediate returns in their projects and in their work. If this does not happen they can loose their desire to continue on the same path"
    More erroneous bullshit from Ganin. Not function-related, really.

    (socionics.com), i dont end relationships, ever, too many things can change in the future and i just dont do it, i try to make the best of things, i like the fact that the word aquaintances was used as well, i dont have many close friends, i have lots and lots of aquaintances. at work i dont do stupid assignments, i just dont do them, if its stupid meaningless gruntwork then i'll just find something more productive to do and tell my boss that i'm going to do that instead. my boss lets me get away with this because they know that if they force me to do stupid shit then i'm just going to do a half ass job and i could be much more productive working on something else. mindless repetitive things annoy me to no end, i need something new constantly or i go crazy.
    I relate to this, yet I am INFp.

    ENFP tendancies that fit:

    -I'm tall (6'8") i dont tend to believe the physical descriptions that much, but the enfp description fits me pretty well physically.
    lol

    -again, i'm really open about my feelings with people, i'm good at talking to people one-on-one, and i often get people saying things like "ive never told anyone this before" "your so easy to talk to" "you always give me good advice", etc... i really like to try to help people solve their personal problems. however this is kind of similar to what ESFP's like to do, maybe its a difference of a one-on-one interaction to a group interaction.
    I tend to be like this too, generally.

    -i take interest in lots of different things up to the point where they interest me and then i stop, i dont delve too increadibly deeply into things.
    Not really type-related. ADD? lol

    -i deal well in crisis situations when nobody else takes control.
    Cool, but not exactly type-related. Se is a stretch here, but whatever.

    -i'm extremely disorganized
    lol whatever

    -if i want something, i get it, doesnt matter how much money it costs or what i have to do, i usually get what i want.
    cool

    so, i have lots in common with both types, as for how i relate to the dual, i'll get to that in another post, i have stuff i need to do at the moment and this is taking a while.

    @ dolphin, in many of my posts i am extremely stressed, especially some of my earlier one's i was going through a lot, i've also noticed i tend to come to this website for some kind of understanding of why i'm reacting the way i am so i tend to be fairly stressed when i have written on here in the past. so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

    @ strrng, niffweed's post was enough to make me do the research on my own, i didnt go solely based on his argument, even tho i apreciate all his efforts a great deal. it interested me enough to make me look at it more and then i made a decision to see how ESFP fit for a while, which i'm glad of because this thread developed out of it and i'm already learning more about myself which is my whole goal on this website in the first place.
    Fine.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  21. #21
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    I'm tall (6'8")
    you play basketball dude?

  22. #22
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course he does - he's

    and he has a good team spirit from the
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  23. #23
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Of course he does - he's

    and he has a good team spirit from the
    /spit


    baka
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  24. #24

    Default

    haha, yeah i played basketball all the way through high school, now i just play occasionally, i probably should get back into it lol, i'm getting out of shape.
    ________
    SELL VAPORIZERS
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

  25. #25

    Default

    also, as for why i played basketball... i dont know if you realize this strrrng, but since i'm so tall i've been asked at least twice a day since i was 14 if i play basketball (not exaggerating), there really wasnt an option, plus i enjoyed playing and it was an easy way to make friends in high school, a place where a tall skinny uncoordinated kid like i was cannot make friends unless he plays sports.

    its interesting (kind of off subject sorry) but i didnt realize in high school how popular i actually was. i was friends with most everyone in the school, however i never got invited to any social events. i learned later that i came across like i actually had a life and people were intimidated to invite me to things, but at the time it was really hard because i didnt get invited to many parties or anything like that. dont really know why i'm telling you all this, but now i've typed it so why not keep it out there, maybe it will illuminate my type a little more.
    ________
    Hemp
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

  26. #26
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im constantly asked if i play basketball...

    im on the line between 6'0 and 6'1...except im a girl so thats weird.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  27. #27
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    im constantly asked if i play basketball...

    im on the line between 6'0 and 6'1...except im a girl so thats weird.
    That's awesome... "runway height."

    I'm interested, Kham, any insight lately into your type..? I've been following it but have been wondering what you've been thinking...

  28. #28

    Default

    thats awesome khamelion, i wish there were more girls your height! its a little uncomfortable to hug your girlfriend when she only comes up to your waist... lol, ok that was a bit of an exageration, but not far off with some of the girls i've dated.
    ________
    Nevada dispensary
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

  29. #29
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a lot of guys don't really appreciate my height, they want tiny girls they can pick up and twirl around like dolls that are all cute and make squeaky noises.

    its funny when guys i date are surprised that i make girly squeaky noises too.....being tall and not tiny doesn't really effect my vocal chords. lolol.


    and its really gay that i have to be an amazon every time i want to wear awesome high heeled shoes. grrrrr


    juju, i'll pm you laters. don't want to derail this anymore from timeofyourlife's type thread. :]
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  30. #30

    Default

    lol, no worries, derail away, strrrng is banned, for good or bad or whatever, and i dont see too many other people jumping in to argue the point so whatever. also, i'm really pretty much tired of talking about it, fuck it i am who i am.

    also, i totally feel your pain as far as having to special order clothes. for some reason stores think that all tall people only wear dress shirts. cuz thats all that comes in my size, everything else pretty much needs to be special ordered if i want it to fit perfectly.
    ________
    CALA
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:11 AM.

  31. #31
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    lol, no worries, derail away, strrrng is banned, for good or bad or whatever, and i dont see too many other people jumping in to argue the point so whatever. also, i'm really pretty much tired of talking about it, fuck it i am who i am.

    also, i totally feel your pain as far as having to special order clothes. for some reason stores think that all tall people only wear dress shirts. cuz thats all that comes in my size, everything else pretty much needs to be special ordered if i want it to fit perfectly.
    its always hard for me to find pants/jeans that fit right, because not only am i tall, but im not THIN and tall, im curvy and tall.

    yeah i made a big thread about how i was denouncing my type and reevaluating blah blah blah...but after a small bit of discussion i realized i didn't need to, i already decided my type. almost exactly like you did. except my post was way long and i put it all up for speculation, saying i could be any F type.

    thats pretty much your answer there juju.....SEE fits the best for me....because I seeeez so.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •