Thread: A question

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question A question ...

In regards to Model A ... does it imply that (assuming I'm SEI) it is impossible for me to consciously use Ne - and that I am most likely just taking snapshots of my Ni flow in trying to do so? Does the information my Ne's gathered have to be seen through my Ni aspect in order for me to grasp it consciously?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    In regards to Model A ... does it imply that (assuming I'm SEI) it is impossible for me to consciously use Ne - and that I am most likely just taking snapshots of my Ni flow in trying to do so? Does the information my Ne's gathered have to be seen through my Ni aspect in order for me to grasp it consciously?
    ISFp's don't use Ni. Did you mean Si? Cause that's the feedback loop - Si/Ne.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    ISFp's don't use Ni. Did you mean Si? Cause that's the feedback loop - Si/Ne.
    Are you talking about Model X?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Are you talking about Model X?
    I'm talking about reality lol. But why are you relating your Ne to Ni? Ne expands and interpolates within the Si context. Feedback loop.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I'm talking about reality lol. But why are you relating your Ne to Ni? Ne expands and interpolates within the Si context. Feedback loop.
    Right now, I'm interested in understanding Model A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    No, you can use Ne, but it's your Dual-seeking, so you'll most appreciate when other people use it and you can enjoy their efforts . Basically, you like it and would like to employ it, but it's much better when you get it all pre-packaged, ha.

For example, my DS is Te, and while I try to gather Te info on my own, talking to my dad, or to Expat is way nice because they've done all the work and can sum things up, simplify them and tell me the important parts without me having to sift through tons of info. Like when I'm reading a book my dad has already read, or he's reading one I've read (we pass books around a lot in my family) it's great to discuss it with him because he cuts right down to some things he found important/interesting and can simplify things that I was sort of grasping but were too cluttered to really wrap my mind around.

He sometimes 'complains' (it's not actually complaining lol) that my mom won't read any interesting books and only wants him to tell her about them. Heh, sometimes that's better really. Anyway, with your dual-seeking, you'll use it, but are happy when people better than you at it dish it out.
    Yeah, that's the way I understood it ... but I'm interested in understanding the theory behind it. Being that is an unconscious function for me, how is it that I am able to experience it consciously? Wouldn't I have to translate it into something one of my conscious functions can interpret in order to do that? Though my is poor, it's conscious - so wouldn't that mean that I'm better able to wrap my head around it than ?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I think you can use both Ni and Ne consciously. The conscious/unconscious definitions probably need to be tweaked methinks. The function order in Model A is more related to the level of precision, exactitude and sophistication with which you relate to each aspect.
    So forgeting the conscious/unconscious thing - in order of strength (strongest to weakest) my functions are something like 1,2,7,8,6,5,3,4?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Oh, I see what you're asking now. . . hmm. Hey! Thunderrr! It's been snowing all day and now it's lightninging and thundering. I love lightning and thunder. .

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I'd say that's about right. Though your role is probably stronger than your ds. It's also debateable which is stronger the 7th or 8th and whether these two are in fact stronger (though perhaps less expressive and more contained) than the ego functions.
    K thanks. (c: I'm back to where I started then. :-/

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Augusta explained it as follows:

Your ego functions are used for yourself and others.
    Your other functions are used for yourself only.

When you talk to other people you supply them with Si and Fe information. You've gathered Si and Fe and can share it with others.

The other information elements are also possible to gather although it stays inside your head, you can't share it with others.