Thread: So I tried to mirror discojoe's topic

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So I tried to mirror discojoe's topic...

I tried to write a topic about Gamma SFs similar to discojoe's topic about Gamma NTs, but I don't have a similar enough style of writing... plus he and I couldn't agree about which ESI traits were "negative". He seemed more focused on his role, and I seemed more focused on Fe as a 7th function and Ne PoLRs.

Anyways, here's what I wrote about SEEs:

SEEs:

Are both decisive and indecisive at the same time. They make decisions quickly, but change their minds easily. They may change their mind if their dual tells them that their idea sucks, or they may change it because a newer, shinier idea comes to mind.

SEEs are also wishy washy when it comes to their opinions and beliefs on a variety of topics. While they may hold some opinions strongly, most are quite maleable.

SEEs are as unlikely to do anything that they don't feel like doing (no matter the consequences) as they are likely to do anything that they do feel like doing (no matter the consequences). They will fail to give any of their attention to boring or unpleasant tasks such as paying parking tickets, filing their taxes, shopping for insurance, etc. until they for one reason or another feel inspired to do so one day.

SEEs often create needless difficulties for themselves through their rash and impetuous actions. This is especially apparent when they're dealing with those in positions of authority. Disciplinary measures taken against them will usually result in an escalation of the conflict.

They often ignore rules and people in positions of authority who tell them to do (or not do) something. If someone in a position of authority directly confronts them, the resulting scene is likely to be loud and colored with graphic language and perhaps even personal attacks.

The only thing that will save an SEE from him or herself when there is a conflict with authority is if someone comes along and uses Ni and Te to explain to the SEE why what they're doing is stupid and is not going to end well, pointing out which course of action will be in his or her best intersts.

SEEs can be as much of a doormat with those they care about as they are a bulldozer with those they dislike. They are often too forgiving of the faults of their loved ones and allow themselves to be harmed or taken advantage of.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a more positive note: http://www.onemanga.com/to-LOVE-ru/22/01/ (see note on left border of page)
    SEE

For SEEs life's a party, until they hit
    Last edited by Warlord; 10-10-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, ESI's are utterly perfect in every which way.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my negatives. They add to my charm.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice description.

Although most part could be summarized by 'esfp are rebellious.'

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Yes, ESI's are utterly perfect in every which way.
    The things I had listed as ESI faults he said weren't really faults, just values. All of the "faults" he listed for ESI's were related to their role, and they don't even sound like "faults" to me, they're just not natural strengths.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Heh, I like hearing about my faults. I'm not sure why. I guess that's weird.
    I guess we're both weird then.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    The things I had listed as ESI faults he said weren't really faults, just values. All of the "faults" he listed for ESI's were related to their role, and they don't even sound like "faults" to me, they're just not natural strengths.
    Figure it out!!!!!!!!!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this is what I had before I quit writing it. You'll notice incomplete sentences:
    ESIs:

Make decisions too quickly or not at all.

Are more likely to worry about their long term futures than plan for them. In the absense of someone who will help them

Often fail to make long term plans.

ESIs have little patience for social niceties and see no point in taking part in social get togethers. They see no point in engaging in lighter social interactions and prefer to

Can be too strict when it comes to their moral values, failing to see shades of gray or grant mercy to those who they see as having done something wrong. They have little interest in hearing about other points of view about something they they see as clearly wrong.

Seem aloof to those not in their inner circle.
    Had I continued I would have focused more on how they can be too strict/harsh sometimes and less on their tendency to only be interested in social interactions with those they're already close to.
    SEE