Thread: Which theory is your theory?

Creepy-

Default Which theory is your theory?

Which theory of developmental psychology do you prescribe to?

By observation I would say:

Behaviourist theory: UDP, snowyc

Psychoanalytic theory: Chibikeba

Epigenetic theory: Rocky

Don't restrict yourselves to the 3 I've listed!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it would be realistic to say that I'm soleley a "behaviourist". But I understand your..... essence for this thread
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

Not solely, of course, but you give off that kind of vibe. "Anything can be learned" etc. etc.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Not solely, of course, but you give off that kind of vibe. "Anything can be learned" etc. etc.
    Maybe its just his .

For me, I dont know what my theory is, maybe some analytical psychology mixted with my own philosophies.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My theory is the complexious theory. :wink:

It's too far complex for you or even myself to know.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the mind develops in such a way as to have its current state of mind be the results of its experiences, its biological predispositions, and its shift in biological predispositions. What am I?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I believe the mind develops in such a way as to have its current state of mind be the results of its experiences, its biological predispositions, and its shift in biological predispositions. What am I?
    A psych professor from the 90s *smirk*

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-pokeball

*nod*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theodosis.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And me.

I prescribe to social-cognitive theory.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos theory.

Evolutionary biopsycho theory.

Cognitive behavioral theory.

Interpersonal theory.

You've got to blend, folks, blend!!! :wink:
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without oodles of internal contradictions, that is.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To each case, a different cocktail of theories may be applied.

Then there are theories that you live by . . . depending on what's going on.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything based on Freud and his predecessors and behavioural psychology.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Wow, I didn't even know I was that or that there was a label for my way of thinking
    Gonna hafta google that term cause I don't even know what it means
    Think Freud/Erikson :wink:

Creepy-

Maybe epigenetic? Influence of psychoanalytic theory?

Whatever it is, it sounds eclectic. I like that

Creepy-

Me, I would be mostly Cognitive/epigenetic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a bunch of theories mixed together but don't have a background in psychology...well I've dated lots who fall into the abnormal psychology area so have studied them

Maybe if I tell you what I think you can tell me what I am

I think there are lots of things that have an impact on a persons behavior and thought patterns..

1. Just the basic personality of the person. This only matters because different personalities can interpret events in different ways. Some events may hinder some personalities development while others may spurn it on.

2. Cultural - You can't understimate the impact of a persons culture on their behavior.

3. Physical reasons i.e. Chemical/hormonal imbalances. Many of us have them here in even and are being medicated for thyroid, ADHD, etc. ...all of which have an impact on our behavior. Just having these things, regardless of the symptoms, can have an impact. Not being 'well' can be depressing sometimes - this I think though might even have a personality aspect. Some may get depressed while others might use their disadvantage as an advantage and therefore, just have more of a positive outlook.

4. All the sorts of disorders which can be caused by above as well as abuse. Sometimes its physical or emotional abuse and that ranges from those who face regular floggings to those who are over-indulged. This I guess could be classified as environmental. Abuse takes many forms and can happen socially, at home, or at work. Workplace Harassment (not to be confused with sexual harassment) is actually one the most common types of abuses that happen in the workplace. If you are in an environment that makes excuses for the behavior it can do all kinds of things to screw up your head including doubting your own intutiion which is like blindfolding an intuitive type.

I guess that's what I think makes up phychological profile of a person. I'm sure there are more things but this is all I can think of right now.

OH thought of one more...this is environmenta/social. That is your financial situation. Different people of different financial backgrounds are treated different in our society. It does have an impact on their behavior.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my theory is that nickelback sucks ass
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Hmm...I don't think I'm so much that then. I disagree with alot of Freud's stuff and plus when I looked that up (psychoanalytic theory) I didn't agree with that I found.

I typically don't prescribe to any of the methods or theories, I just agree with a few things here and there and there's always alot I dissagree with too. That's why I was so confused that you were able to label me anything I typically don't fit in anywhere.
    Fair enough. (What about Erikson?) I was just remembering your type thread, it made sense to a degree. Anyway, I'm not claiming to be an expert so I'll just believe whatever you tell me you fit with

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Creepy-

Of course you can participate, Kioshi!

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I agree, as long as I can add that Korn does too.