Thread: Sam's social experiment

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Sam's social experiment

I have a practical test we could do of socionics that would be a learning experience for all. Yes, this might be faulty from the start and full of errors, but hear me out. And please you can joke on this thread, but I'm also being serious here so please respect that.

This is simple. I believe strongly in the textbook example that Conflicting relationships start out as you being interested in that person right away. But then once you interact more on a truly, deeper level you really begin disliking that person. Dual relationships are naturally the opposite. Both of you seem boring and bland as fuck with each other. But then as you talk more you get pleasantly surprised. As always, this will only work if I can trust people to 'be themselves' totally with me. So if you think that I'm your best friend or whatever just because I can make good gay jokes, get over that. You have to start seeing the whole person, and I in turn will have to show you it too.

This probably is going to bite me on my own ass, but I have an idea.

I want one person that's neutral of me and thinks that I'm boring (I know this might be difficult because I write well and kinda go out of my way to say interesting things but ugh just hear me out), and one person that really thinks they like me to come on me with Stickam.

Then we see if our 'true inner natures' line up through a series of questions with one another. We just have to be honest as possible. And be how we actually are, not how we wish we were or how we think we are. (But if how you naturally are is to be a wishful thinker than I guess, that would override things? =p) I do know for a fact though that both idealism and cynicism harms relationships. I'm not sure what these questions will be yet, as that's not my strong suit. But maybe, somebody else can think of something?

I think I've known people here long enough for this to work. Or no? Any input is necessary.

Again I want people that are kinda bland and blah with me and also people that really think they like me. Perhaps a spade is a spade. Perhaps the data I collect means nothing at all. Perhaps I am just a dork with too much time on his hands. But I've just have personally have been having bad luck with relationships, so I want to see if there's an art to what makes people click.

If you actively think you dislike me, you probably wouldn't want to try me on for size anyway.

I'm being realistic here. I'm looking for subtle nuances. I'm not looking to madly fall in love with somebody, or find a romantic relationship online. I'm honestly not trying to look for anything, other than trying to really figure out why people don't get along and why they do- which is what humans have been studying for like, ever. Perhaps we're all too smart to have 'real friends.' But, it won't hurt to try. Just this whole socionics shit is killing me because we're not really understanding or connecting with people at all here, but this is a tool that supposedly thinks it can help people do all that. If this is really as true as it says, it can go through a little testing. If not, then it deserves to be called the fraud and time-waster that it is, while we look for the next shiny thing that supposedly understands humans.

And this doesn't just have to be me and other people. It can be with all of us. It can be something we all do.

Or do you want to continue to just mentally masturbate all day? Do you not care about relationships at all and are here to just make fun of Phaedrus? That's okay too, but let me know. If you are interested, drop me a pm. And if not, don't sweat it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh and this is a community project of course. Before this 'goes live' we need to really understand what we're testing for exactly. So I mean that remember, the main goal is to figure out the essence of Duals and Conflictors because I think, to most people- to the new 'underdogs' of socionics, we have to see if this is true.

Or else we'll alienate too many people. If the practice cannot hold up to the theory, the theory is useless no matter how good it sounds. Like I said before, there have been real life situations where it seemed as if the textbook example is true. But I still needs more proof damnit.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    and one person that really thinks they like me to come on me with Stickam.
    crazedrat would probably be up for that! Sorry, I couldn't help it.

All in all though, your idea is really interesting. I'm not sure it would work exactly, but I've actually wondered about things like that before (how duals can seem so regular and improve so quickly). If this did happen, I'd love to hear about it!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You usually know who's really there for you in both serious and happy times right? So maybe... the questions would be based on that.

If somebody is compatible with you just on the happy moments, you know that they're attracted to a false image of you, and not you in your entire core. If somebody truly wants to get you out of a struggle, based on your own well-being, they'd be there for you for serious things as well. Of course, it's up to that person to fix their own lives. But the will to help the person can make a difference.

But if somebody can't relate to you at all in a happy 'let's just watch movies and jack each other off' sense, then you wouldn't like that either I don't think.

Nevermind. I think I'm overidealizing things a bit now. But we have to think of questions to ask each other of course. That realistically test compatibility issues.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I find this with Minde. I was instantly attracted to her; I thought we could be Duals or something. But as time has progressed, I've found that my "relationships" with IEIs are far more rewarding (even in the slightest way). This doesn't mean I don't want to talk to Minde anymore; it means that these polarised feelings mean that this "pleasant surprise" to which you're referring will occur in due course, as I expect awful level of conversation, then it doesn't turn out so bad, because there are more factors that effect the way individuals interact with one another other than their defined intertype relationship, such as maturity, something which Minde definitely has, and I utilise a lot.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. I'll try to make it happen and set something up in the future. I think I'm onto something here.

I was instantly attracted to her; I thought we could be Duals or something. But as time has progressed, I've found that my "relationships" with IEIs are far more rewarding (even in the slightest way).
    There's many IEIs it seems, but not many SLEs. But I think us fighting for you would do things to your male ego that I'm not willing to give you. You need better competition. I'm not impressed. I like when men fight over me. But you seem to be the only SLE on the forum.

Please fight over me like a real man. Who cares if you're "straight." We're still duals, supposedly. As long as you're not lying. Lately I've heard you can be full of shit. It's okay if you're just a passive IEI like me, Ezra. I'd still like you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    So at first you thought yourself to be rather interesting, Allie. Then you lost interest in yourself and the relationship grew indifferent and flat.
    lol

Please fight over me like a real man. Who cares if you're "straight." We're still duals, supposedly. As long as you're not lying. Lately I've heard you can be full of shit. It's okay if you're just a passive IEI like me, Ezra. I'd still like you.
    No, B&D you need LSI - not SLE - cock.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am not an ENFj. Try again.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I have a practical test we could do of socionics that would be a learning experience for all. Yes, this might be faulty from the start and full of errors, but hear me out. And please you can joke on this thread, but I'm also being serious here so please respect that.
    A LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!

This is simple. I believe strongly in the textbook example that Conflicting relationships start out as you being interested in that person right away. But then once you interact more on a truly, deeper level you really begin disliking that person. Dual relationships are naturally the opposite. Both of you seem boring and bland as fuck with each other. But then as you talk more you get pleasantly surprised. As always, this will only work if I can trust people to 'be themselves' totally with me. So if you think that I'm your best friend or whatever just because I can make good gay jokes, get over that. You have to start seeing the whole person, and I in turn will have to show you it too.
    You give me so pleasant surprises. Isn't that like a hot girl that you don't know, coming up to you and kissing you on the cheek out of nowhere?

This probably is going to bite me on my own ass, but I have an idea.

I want one person that's neutral of me and thinks that I'm boring (I know this might be difficult because I write well and kinda go out of my way to say interesting things but ugh just hear me out), and one person that really thinks they like me to come on me with Stickam.
    STOP TALKING YOURSELF UP, THAT MAKES YOU SEEM MORE BORING. Yes, you're boring to me.

Then we see if our 'true inner natures' line up through a series of questions with one another. We just have to be honest as possible. And be how we actually are, not how we
    I don't like being honest. It's dry. You're dry.

wish we were or how we think we are. (But if how you naturally are is to be a wishful thinker than I guess, that would override things? =p) I do know for a fact though that both idealism and cynicism harms relationships. I'm not sure what these questions will be yet, as that's not my strong suit. But maybe, somebody else can think of something?
    ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

I think I've known people here long enough for this to work. Or no? Any input is necessary.

Again I want people that are kinda bland and blah with me and also people that really think they like me. Perhaps a spade is a spade. Perhaps the data I collect means nothing at all. Perhaps I am just a dork with too much time on his hands. But I've just have personally have been having bad luck with relationships, so I want to see if there's an art to what makes people click.
    YOU ARE STILL TALKING

If you actively think you dislike me, you probably wouldn't want to try me on for size anyway.

I'm being realistic here. I'm looking for subtle nuances. I'm not looking to madly fall in love with somebody, or find a romantic relationship online. I'm honestly not trying to look for
    WHY AER YOU TALKING ABOUT LOVE

anything, other than trying to really figure out why people don't get along and why they do- which is what humans have been studying for like, ever. Perhaps we're all too smart to have 'real friends.' But, it won't hurt to try. Just this whole socionics shit is killing me
    YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS.

because we're not really understanding or connecting with people at all here, but this is a tool that supposedly thinks it can help people do all that. If this is really as true as it says, it can go through a little testing. If not, then it deserves to be called the fraud and time-waster that it is, while we look for the next shiny thing that supposedly understands humans.

And this doesn't just have to be me and other people. It can be with all of us. It can be something we all do.
    LIKE AN ORGY.

Or do you want to continue to just mentally masturbate all day? Do you not care about relationships at all and are here to just make fun of Phaedrus? That's okay too, but let me know. If you are interested, drop me a pm. And if not, don't sweat it.
    WHO'S THE ONE MASTURBATING! YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE.

I'M NOT GOING TO FUCKING PM YOU. LET'S DO IT IN PUBLIC.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lmao.

Need to take a Xanax there bud?

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned